April 23, 2014 | 1118 users online

Polishes - OPI - Yoga-Ta Get This Blue!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/18/2008 7:18:00 PM More reviews by sunstar29

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I HATE the pro-wide brush! Since this polish is so dark, the wide brush got polish all over my fingers.

Once it was on and cleaned up, though, this colour is great. I tried Chanel's Blue Satin but it was a bit too dark for me, and looked black unless I was in direct sunlight. By contrast, this is a vibrant colour that is unmistakably blue in every light. Unlike Russian Navy, which is bluey-purple, this is very blue. I would have liked to see some more shimmer in this polish to add depth, but I have only worn this in the shade and inside, so maybe there is more shimmer in the sun. Although this isn't the trendy polish blue satin is, I would pick this up as a great alternative if very dark polishes don't look good on you.

As for quality, this is typical OPI. Very long-wearing and goes on smooth (despite the crappy brush).

Definitely give this a try!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2008 8:05:00 PM More reviews by EagleKCV

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Yoga-Ta Get This Blue is the perfect shade for transition from winter into spring. On me, it's a shimmery dark denim color with flashes of teal. I love vamps and this blue is a great spring vampy shade. I have it on my tips right now and will definitely use it on toes as well. I agree completely that even though it's dark, it never looks black.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/11/2008 12:10:00 PM More reviews by indiequeenamy

I wanted to get most of these colors because I'm in love with all things India since I stayed there the summer of 2005. So, I picked up this one, Black Cherry Chutney and Royal Rajah Ruby. I painted this blue on my toenails because I tried it on my fingers and didn't really like it. It turns out on my toenails it's super pretty and blue. It looks darker from far away and isn't so garish. I'm not the best person to review nail polish because I love classic reds and pinks on my nails best.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/8/2008 2:36:00 AM More reviews by goodbyexxkitty

I don't accually own this polish, but I did my nails with it at school in the nail studio the other day. It's a gorgeous deep navy. It's probably my favorite shade of blue polish I've seen. I wouldn't buy this because it's chipped already and I just painted it on about 2 days ago, the same thing that's happened with every other OPI polish I've tried.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/5/2008 7:39:00 AM More reviews by winkcat

For some reason, when I ordered this I didn't realise how blue it would be. Its a striking deep blue and looks stunning if not quite what I was expecting. Usual OPI quality.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/27/2008 9:57:00 PM More reviews by hkychica05

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was unsure about buying blue nail polish, but for some reason I decided to invest in a few bottles. It took me a few days to get use to this color, but let me tell you--it's stunning! It's a deep sapphire blue color which has such a beautiful shimmer to it! The first day I wore it on my nails, I got three compliments from customers at work!

Great coverage, and barely chipped at all for a week's wear!
LOVE IT!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/25/2008 6:54:00 PM More reviews by essiegirl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

Bought this bottle 3 dollars cheaper than its retail price. It is very blue.. and appears blue no matter what lighting you're in. It has a pretty shimmer to it. It took me a few days to get used to this color, I guess because I've never worn a blue polish on my fingers before. I've grown to like it quite a bit, although I probably won't be needing another bottle anytime soon.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/24/2008 3:56:00 PM More reviews by erickas

In a time when there is an over saturation of blue nail polishes, I almost didn't buy this one b/c I figured I must already have one that was comparable. However, when other polishes are either blue black, blue green, blue purple, this one is actually blue Blue! and yet still vampy, dark, bright ...Gorgeous!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/20/2008 2:52:00 PM More reviews by anooshka

I love love love this colour. Bought it from head2toe so it was cheaper than retail. I have a tonne of OPI and China Glaze colours that are supposedly not black but appear black in almost all lighting other than direct sunlight. This is actually a deep shimmery navy blue. NOT black. but a deep gorgeous colour. I'm not the biggest fan of the pro-wide brush. Especially when the nail polish is a little bit older and thickens a bit. Then it's a pain in the ass to apply. So I do wish OPI would go back to their original brushes and instead make the brush a bit longer so you can get to the bottom half of the container when you're nearing the end. But as for the colour of this: gorgeous and unlike any other colour I've ever had.
Can't comment on the wear since I always remove my nail polish at most after two days and reapply a different colour.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/15/2008 1:27:00 PM More reviews by watermelon72

This is my first non-drugstore nail polish and I may never go back... at least not for dark colours. I was worried at first that the colour would just look black. How many more nearly black polishes do I need? But it is indeedy blue. A bee-oo-tiful, dark blue. I like the fat brush. I did just one globby coat. I'm not too skilled at applying polish, but the colour went on evenly. As for lasting power, it's been over a week and the polish on my left hand is a bit worn away at the tips; my right hand nails are a bit more chipped and required touching up, but they go through a lot (with 3 little kids). I had applied Sally Hansen 4in1 as a base and top coat.