October 21, 2014 | 1339 users online

Highlighters - Christian Dior - Shimmer Powder 002 Amber Diamond, Spring 08

rated 5 of 5 on 1/8/2011 9:10:00 PM More reviews by cjeng

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my favorite highlighter! I own both Amber Diamond (002) and Rose Diamond (001) and they're both gorgeous. They're not like some products which uses excessive amounts of glitter all over your face (like in some mineral all over finishes). This is a subtle glow on your face.

I was a little skeptical about spending $44 US for each, but honestly it's a wonderful investment that will last you for years. I've had both products for 3-4 months and it doesn't look like I've touched it. (I've used one or the other everyday) There's a lot of product in these and you do not need very much each time.

I heard that MAC's Mineralized Skin Finish (MSF) were comparable to Dior Shimmer Stars, however, MAC MSF are more shimmery and not work appropriate. The MAC MSF also contain a chemical sunscreen (ethylhexyl methoxycinnamate), which I'm highly allergic to (creating hives) and the Dior Shimmer Stars do not. So I'm grateful for that. If the MAC MSFs do not work for you, I highly suggest you try Dior Shimmer Stars. :)

ALSO to mention, these can be a multi-functioning product. You can use them for eyeshadow(neutral look), as a highlighter under the brow bone, and a highlighter over your face!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2010 11:26:00 PM More reviews by amberclaire

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

OH MY GOD!!!! I love this product. Amazing. Yes, it is super expensive, but I've found I can use it on my eyes and my face. The darker shades make great lid colours, and the lighter shades make the most amazing tearduct and brow highlight. And my favourite cheek highlight is to mix all the colours together. And I sometimes like to add a little bit over the top of my matte blushes to give them some shine. I would definitely buy this product again and again and again. Although I think it will last me forever so I may not need to.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/26/2010 8:45:00 PM More reviews by Renaissance412

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

It took me a while to fall in love with this product. At first I could not really see the difference because I was only looking in my bathroom light. as soon as I go outside or to the local market everyone comments on how great my skin is, and my skin IS NOT GREAT. I recently used this in my boyfriends bathroom that has better lighting and natural light and I can totally see how spectacular this highlighter is. I am so glad I didn't return it because it is the perfect natural highlighter that gives a great golden-esk SHEEN not glitter. Makes my skin look healthy and beautiful. Worth the crazy high price tag, and I can't imagine needing to buy again for another year or two.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/17/2010 5:42:00 PM More reviews by ltgee

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a beautiful compact. Comes in a velvety case (no brush). Was $45.00 but I used my $15.00 off Sephora coupon. It IS gorgeous and has very finely milled shimmer. Perfect for the grown woman...BUT, this wasnt spectacular. I didnt get any compliments of, "oh, you look like you have candlelight following you..." or anything. Actually, I dont think anybody even noticed?!! Which brings me to the "No" I would not repurchase. I have the Revlon SkinLights in Gold and it gives the same effect but this is one step up. I just prefer this because powder is easier to apply for me. I DO love it and will keep it even though the price is atrocious but I can see this lasting FOREVER. Great highlighter but will not repurchase. Looking into Kevyn Aucoins Candelight...

rated 5 of 5 on 12/14/2010 9:28:00 AM More reviews by hollywoodd

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

Thank goodness my sister turned me onto this! Not much else can be said, other reviewers have really said it all. Simply put, AMAZING!!! Totally worth the price and the packaging is so pretty. Love it! :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/11/2010 1:35:00 PM More reviews by sallysellsseashells

Every makeup fanatic should have this in their bag of makeup tricks. This gives an instant pick me up for the skin. This is subtle enough for all seasons and great not only for the face but shoulders and what a great way to enhance the cleavage :) The color in the pan almost shouts bronzer but this isn't one. This is clearly a light reflecting highlight that creates a lit from within glow. This is a live saver for when you might be feeling under the weather or have a cold. Swipe this on and Bam, you got life back into your skin. I use this as my final step in makeup application. I swirl my ecotools powder brush around all the colors and dust it on the areas that need a little more life. It looks very shimmery in the pan, but because it's so finely milled, you don't really see all that glitz on the skin. This highlight is expensive at $44.00 but it is Dior and it comes with a pretty velvet pouch and looks very nice on a vanity.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/9/2010 8:01:00 AM More reviews by oooHUNTRESSooo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

after reading lots of reviews about this product and watching youtube tutorials, i decided to go ahead and spend $55 (this is the price in my country) on this product. i have pretty oily skin so i'm not really much into highlighters, but when i swatched this on my hand, i decided i had to have it. while i was in the shop, i swatched highlighters from some other brands as well (clinique, chanel, clarins, collistar...), but none of them had shimmer as fine as this one. i think some others (primarily chanel) were almost glittery, which i do not like at all.
the packaging is very nice and elegant and holds 10 grams of product which is a lot in my opinion, and considering that i only use a little on my temple and the top of my cheeks, i believe it will last for years.
last night i applied it and my boyfriend (who thinks eyeshadow is actually lipgloss :D) said: wow, you look really fresh. that's when i realized i hadn't made a mistake buying it. the texture is really nice, not too soft so that it crumbles and not too hard so that there is nothing on the brush when i swipe it over the product. this color is something like light champagne, but it leaves almost no color on so i use it with all my blush colors (bronze, peach, pink...).

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/8/2010 10:12:00 PM More reviews by x0kerbear

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I have wanted this highlighter for months. I see Tanya (pixi2woo) using it all the time and raving about it on youtube. I wanted it before I even started watching her, but then she made me want it even more! I finally caved in a forked over the $42 (for a highlight!) and I have to say - IT IS WORTH IT! I have fairly decent skin all over except for my chin - full of hormonal acne at the moment - painful and ugly. I can't really explain how wonderful amber diamonds makes me feel. My skin just glows and I feel like eyes are off of my blemishes. It's a step I never miss in my makeup routine - my face just looks so flat without it! I love the glow it imparts - not shimmery or glittery, just a glow. I also enjoy using this on the eyes on days when I want some sheen and definition. I'll swipe a brush through one of the darker colors and blend it into my crease and then highlight my brow and inner corner with the lightest. It makes me look so awake and fresh. $42 is the most I've ever spent on a makeup product (besides NARS sheer glow) and I am SO happy I did. I will never be without this stuff - it has replaced all of my favorite highlighters (pearl cream color base, high beam, retrospeck eyeshadow, vanilla pigment). I think everyone needs this product!!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/7/2010 11:30:00 AM More reviews by amandalsl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is the best product I've purchased in awhile. I like that its an extremely sheer champagne-colored highlighter that gives my face that lovely sheen. The product may look very shimmery in the pan, but when applied on your face it'll never end up like a glitter ball because the shimmer is soooo finely milled. I used to do my highlighting with MAC's By Candlelight, but the pink tones in it were too obvious and I looked like I made a boo boo with blusher all over my face. Amber Diamond also lasts all day on my combination-oily skin. I typically use my MAC 188 brush to sweep the product over my cheekbones, down the centre of my nose, and on my cupids bow. Yes, it is extremely expensive but I feel its worth it as you get a lot of product and I rather pay more for a quality item than waste money on many cheaper products that don't deliver. The packaging of the Amber DIamond is not that sturdy so I try to avoid travelling with it. (FYI: NC25 and 117 in MUFE HD)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/3/2010 2:35:00 PM More reviews by almost40

I have been lemming this for ages,but the cost always put me off.I finally caved in yesterday and treated myself to a pre christmas present.Firstly,the packaging is gorgeous.It comes in a lovely blue case with is slotted into a blue velvet pouch and then all wrapped up in a lovely box.It looks gorgeous before you even open it! Inside,theres a good sized mirror and no silly brush so its all product.The powder itself is lovely,very finely milled and smooth and theres good pigmentation in the darker colours so it can be used as a bronzer as well as a highlight.
I am so pleased I finally took the plunge and bought this,its a lovely piece to add to my collection.