October 25, 2014 | 1529 users online

Brows - Castor Oil

rated 5 of 5 on 2/7/2013 1:25:00 PM More reviews by deadlybeautifulangel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Castor Oil is AMAZING! I use it on my feet, it keeps them really soft. I use it on my scalp mixed with Rosemary or Tea tree oil for a moisturizing scalp massage oil. I use it as a prepoo. I also use it on my body as a moisturizer. It is one of my HG products. :)

rated 4 of 5 on 2/1/2013 10:00:00 PM More reviews by Laiscg

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've been using it on my eyelashes for about a month and definitely I can see results on lash growing! My eyelashes are very sparse; my under eyelashes are almost invisible, seriously. I noticed this made them grow a little, enough so I can put mascara on them and make them finally visible. The upper eyelashes are also longer. Not a miracle, but definitely helps! These results are very similar with what I had when using Talika Lipocils (which I gave up on because it was too expensive for not being that miraculous. Never tried Latisse, too expensive, and I'm scared of the side effects).

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/29/2013 2:02:00 PM More reviews by misslu990

Dirt cheap and effective for my eyelashes. I have short eyelashes and I've tried multiple lash serums, but most of them left a dark ring on the top of my eyelid close to my lashes or irritated my eyes. Kind of freaks you out also when you hear about some serums causing your eye color to change if applied too close but idk if that's even true. I buy the de la Cruz dark glass bottle of this pretty much anywhere. Walmart, target, Kmart, cvs..they have this in most drugstores in a section where the rest of products that are mostly in Spanish and they have olive oil soap, cold medicines, avacado oil, and all that. This is a really good brand and I like that its in a dark glass bottle. The formula is thick and clear so I apply sparingly to my lash line with my ring finger. I only apply this at night because its too greasy to wear during the day, and I feel that wearing make up over it wouldn't help, but that's just me. I definitely noticed the first couple weeks I used this a long time ago that my lashes grew a little and felt thicker and darker. Now I use this because its helped my lashes improve not only in length but they don't fall out hardly ever when I'm removing my eye make up. I haven't tried is on my eyebrows but I'm curious because sometimes I get a little too crazy with the tweezers when I don't have time to go get my eyebrows threaded (which is amazing; if you haven't tried it, definitely do!). I tried the ocm a long time ago with this and didn't like using this because it was too thick, but it did help get out a lot of blackheads. All in all, I would recommend this definitely for eyelashes and I'm going to try my eyebrows and see how this works

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/15/2013 12:24:00 AM More reviews by glossyxlipz

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

When I am all done trying the newest, expensive cosmetics, I always end up returning to basics. I am talking about basic vitamin e oils, baking soda, vitamin c etc...all the basic stuff laying around the house. I do this because IT WORKS, but I am a sucker for pretty packaging.

Anyway, yes castor oil works. My eyelashes were basically non existent. I made a mixture of castor oil and vaseline(another basic product) and place it in a tiny jar next to my bed. Each night I massage a bit of that mixture to my eyelashes. Now I feel my lashes are darker and denser. I loose less lashes too. Cheap and effective!

8 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/10/2013 7:36:00 PM More reviews by roaringkat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Okay so I did tons of research on castor oil before I started to use it because I knew I was gonna be not only putting it on my face but near, and sometimes, in my eyes. I read it was good for a million and one uses including clearing up pimples, evening skin tone, brightening dark circles under your eyes, getting rid of age spots, and of course growing eyebrows and eyelashes. I know, I need lots of help.
I was all ready to buy hundreds of dollar worth of multiple different products but then on a whim Iooked up something natural I could use. I knew I had a bottle of castor oil laying around (used it to start labour- yet another use) so after researching i decided to give it a go. All can say is WOW! I've been using it for three days. That's right! Three days. My many pimples are almost all gone, my dark circles are lightening (impressive considering I've been getting little to no sleep cause right now I have two sick babies), my skin tone is looking better and best of all I have eyebrow growth!
Like many other girls, in my youth I over plucked my eyebrows so not only were they kinda thin but one side was shorter than the other. I've tried to grow them out before but no matter how long I left them they never grew in full, just sparse and kinda random. Now after three days I can visibly see a couple millimetres of hair all over, including the edge of my eyebrow that has defied all my previous attempts. I know these are all new growths because I waxed four days ago and it usually takes at least a week before half this amount of hair grows back. It's funny to say But i can feel it working, my eyebrows are kinda itchy, not in a "I'm getting a skin irritation" way but in a "hair is growing in" way.
What I do right now is twice a day, first thing in the morning and every evening I wash my face (which we're supposed to do anyways but who doesn't forget from time to time?) then I use a clean mascara brush to brush it on my eyelashes and eyebrows. I try to get as much as I need the first time so I don't double dip. When I have a nice coating on both, I massage it into my lash line, eyebrow area and any problem areas I want to address (pimples, under eyes and dark spots- pretty much my whole face actually). Then I clean the mascara brush with antibacterial soap, shake dry, and store it vertically so the brush doesn't touch anything. The castor oil goes back into a cool dry spot and we're good to go.
I was confused by all the health problems people have with castor oil because castor oil is supposed to cure all the ailments people say castor oil causes. So as a precautions I don't double dip the brush (I don't want to transfer anything into the castor oil from my eyes) and I make sure the mascara wand is clean and dry before dipping it into the castor oil.
In the end I figured I would rather use something natural that people all over to the world have been using for over 3000 years (early Egyptians used it) than something like lilash that is all chemicals and has a lot of nasty side effects.
I would definitely recommends this to my friends and though there are no changes in my eyelashes or dark spots yet it has only been three days. I'll update in a few months to report any changes.

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/7/2013 1:53:00 PM More reviews by rimalala

This is a full honest review on how I feel about this product. I tried this, simply to "test" it out. Recently I have been using it every night to take off my eye makeup. Although, I dont have dark under eye bags, I use this to prevent the eye makeup building. After removing the eyemakeup I massage it around my eyes. I wake up in the morning and my eyes look surprisingly refreshed with no makeup residue. It's hard to apply though, very thick and sticky. I wouldn't call it a miracle product, but I think its better than any other chemical based makeup remover/eye cream.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/3/2013 6:22:00 PM More reviews by Angeluhh

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I gave this a try because I figured there was nothing to lose: bought a mascara tube, filled it up with castor oil, and started applying it with the brush every night.
And then I developed milia on my waterline. I gave it a rest, the milia went away, then I tried again, and the same thing happened, plus stinging eyes. I liked the idea of something so inexpensive and (generally) safe helping my eyelashes look longer, but it just didn't work out that way. It may be that I just discovered an allergy to castor oil that I never knew I had (and that may be why I've never had luck with the oil cleansing method, which makes use of castor oil also)
Perhaps I'll still give castor oil packs a try for my swollen painful elderly joints, but I'll keep it away from my face from now on.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/31/2012 6:10:00 AM More reviews by tbabi

Castor Oil has so many uses but some that I know about is using it get rid of cataracts and growing back baby hair.

It is a great healing oil and I've heard people get over various aliments using this oil.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/25/2012 4:02:00 AM More reviews by shumbum

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

This stuff worked so fast I was so surprised!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/19/2012 5:01:00 AM More reviews by Ticamorena

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Ten out of ten for the effect that castor oil has had on my lashes and the skin around my eyes - I use it overnight as a treatment rubbed into my lashline and under-eye area by hand. I also use it, mixed with some other oils, as a very effective eye makeup remover. The length and volume of my eyelashes have increased, and I think a big part of this is that my eyelashes don't shed any longer. My under-eye skin looks smooth, radiant and is more evenly toned in relation to the rest of my skin.

I've been using it every night also on my eyebrows, and frustratingly, have not had as positive results...so annoying! that's why it doesn't get 5/5 overall.

Before you start using this, plan ahead on how frequently you will be applying it and at what time of the day etc so you can have the right containers to store it in conveniently as it comes in a big bottle - I have mine in a small BioOil bottle for nightly application, and a spray pump bottle (I think for FrizzEase) which has a bigger nozzle as the oil is VERY thick for a regular spray nozzle.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No