January 27, 2015 | 944 users online

Brows - Castor Oil

rated 5 of 5 on 4/3/2013 5:37:00 PM More reviews by jkaclark123

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

Use this around the eyes, as I have a very dry eye area. I use it under make up (just a tad) and it looks lovely and keeps my eyes looking fresh allday. Plus it helps my concealer not to crease and stay on all day. I have really bad dark circles under my eyes so I do wear a fair bit of concealer! It smells horrible and is very thick, but you need the tiniest amount. It also works wonders on your hair, I didn't use it long enough to say if it made it grow faster (because I got bored) but it definitely made my ends look thicker and less split. It's nice just to add a little amount to your conditioner and just put it on your ends rather than your roots because it can be hard to wash out!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/21/2013 7:56:00 PM More reviews by Kalya

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Castor oil is quite amazing - must say, one of the brilliant creations in nature!
Thanks to the reviews of MUA folks, that I kept up the oil-cleansing regime with castor oil and another carrier oil.
It has really helped clear my skin.
With the castor and apricot kernel mix, I massage my face. After a few *impatient* minutes, I can feel some bumps rubbing off. I'd hope those are blackheads, tags and grime! In any case, the skin looks and feels clean and clear. The face is moisturized too.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2013 7:34:00 AM More reviews by Penguinsgorawr

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I've been using castor oil every night on my eyelashes for about 3 months now (Give or take). My eyelashes were pretty stubby in the beginning of the school year, so they would be invisible without mascara. But just the other day my friends finally noticed how long my eyelashes have gotten! My bottom eyelashes are almost as long as my top ones. I apply the oil to my eyes every night with an old mascara wand & I make sure to get the roots/waterline because that's where the hair grows.

I have experienced a lot of growth for length, but I haven't really seen much of a difference with thickness, but I really don't mind :)

Also, it's not a miracle product. Your lashes won grow overnight, it took me about a month to see results, which is pretty good if you ask me! & castor oil is great for your eyes because its anti bacterial. I had a HUGE stye on my eye one day so I just put castor oil on it and went to sleep and it was gone!

This is a great, cheap product if you want eyelash growth! :)

P.S. I use jamaican black castor oil, but I think any castor oil will do.

9 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/11/2013 1:26:00 PM More reviews by pishtosh

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

It took me a long, long time after hearing about using castor oils to help sparse brows grow back in before actually giving it an honest chance. For the last couple of years, I would rub a little castor oil into my brows and lashes for a few nights, see no difference and stop. But my brows have always been one of my least favourite things - mostly because I feel like I need to fill them in all the time, and because they're sparse from being over-plucked in high school (10 years ago now) they looked too made-up and unnatural when I did fill them in. I do not pluck my eyebrows regularly, save for the very few hairs that grow in between them - I haven't had any hair grow in my over-plucked arches for years. I made it a New Years' resolution to apply the castor oil consistently and started in January. It's been about a month and half of nightly application (some oil on a q-tip, rubbed over each brow) and I am thrilled with the results! I haven't applied it for the past few weeks because I'm generally happy with my brows now. My arches have filled in enough that when I apply brow products, my eyebrows look so much fuller and more natural. They're much quicker and easier to fill in. The tails have also grown from about 3 hairs thick to twice or 3 times that, which is fantastic. It's so nice to find there's a solution for a problem you think you'll have to deal with forever. I will keep applying it maybe 2 or 3 times a week as long as these results last. It's such a cheap fix - so glad to have found out about this gem!

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/1/2013 2:51:00 AM More reviews by lotusfairy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have never used this for my eyelashes or eyebrows, but when mixed with my conditioners or applied lightly to my scalp I do feel that my hair gets healthier and feels soft. For reference I mix 1 tablespoon of castor oil with 3 tablespoons of a light conditioner (Suave or Alberto Vo5),1/4 teaspoon of jojoba and/or coconut oil and apply to my hair as an occasional leave-in. You can adjust the amounts to what is suitable for your hair. This really helps to seal in moisture and keeps my hair from getting frizzy. Castor oil does have a heavy consistency so some may not like it. Use very little at first.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/12/2013 12:07:00 PM More reviews by hollieua

I have been using it under my eyes, and now my skin is super dry. I did further research and found that adding another oil to it is the trick. I ordered Grapeseed oil and I hope they work well together. I used the castor oil on my brows for a couple weeks and I did not see a change in hair growth. I also used it on my lashes, but it was too thick and sometimes would get in my eyes, so i stopped using it. I will keep this updated, but so far I am unimpressed with this.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/9/2013 4:20:00 PM More reviews by birdyb

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Castor oil is amazing. I bought it to use (with sesame oil) for oil cleansing, which is my main cleansing method. I also use it when I have flareups of tendonitis- it is a wonderful anti-inflammatory agent. I rub it into my arms (or shoulder), wrap in plastic wrap, then sleep in it. Sounds crazy, but it's better than taking pills. I've also used castor oil to clear up pimples and the dark spots they leave behind after they're gone. I had a two-week-old spot on my chin that I dabbed castor oil on at night and it was gone in 4 days. It would be nice if they also worked to erase my sun spots. Have not tried it for hair/lash growth.

11 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/7/2013 1:25:00 PM More reviews by deadlybeautifulangel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Castor Oil is AMAZING! I use it on my feet, it keeps them really soft. I use it on my scalp mixed with Rosemary or Tea tree oil for a moisturizing scalp massage oil. I use it as a prepoo. I also use it on my body as a moisturizer. It is one of my HG products. :)

rated 4 of 5 on 2/1/2013 10:00:00 PM More reviews by Laiscg

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've been using it on my eyelashes for about a month and definitely I can see results on lash growing! My eyelashes are very sparse; my under eyelashes are almost invisible, seriously. I noticed this made them grow a little, enough so I can put mascara on them and make them finally visible. The upper eyelashes are also longer. Not a miracle, but definitely helps! These results are very similar with what I had when using Talika Lipocils (which I gave up on because it was too expensive for not being that miraculous. Never tried Latisse, too expensive, and I'm scared of the side effects).

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/29/2013 2:02:00 PM More reviews by misslu990

Dirt cheap and effective for my eyelashes. I have short eyelashes and I've tried multiple lash serums, but most of them left a dark ring on the top of my eyelid close to my lashes or irritated my eyes. Kind of freaks you out also when you hear about some serums causing your eye color to change if applied too close but idk if that's even true. I buy the de la Cruz dark glass bottle of this pretty much anywhere. Walmart, target, Kmart, cvs..they have this in most drugstores in a section where the rest of products that are mostly in Spanish and they have olive oil soap, cold medicines, avacado oil, and all that. This is a really good brand and I like that its in a dark glass bottle. The formula is thick and clear so I apply sparingly to my lash line with my ring finger. I only apply this at night because its too greasy to wear during the day, and I feel that wearing make up over it wouldn't help, but that's just me. I definitely noticed the first couple weeks I used this a long time ago that my lashes grew a little and felt thicker and darker. Now I use this because its helped my lashes improve not only in length but they don't fall out hardly ever when I'm removing my eye make up. I haven't tried is on my eyebrows but I'm curious because sometimes I get a little too crazy with the tweezers when I don't have time to go get my eyebrows threaded (which is amazing; if you haven't tried it, definitely do!). I tried the ocm a long time ago with this and didn't like using this because it was too thick, but it did help get out a lot of blackheads. All in all, I would recommend this definitely for eyelashes and I'm going to try my eyebrows and see how this works

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No