September 21, 2014 | 2060 users online

Brows - Castor Oil

rated 4 of 5 on 1/7/2013 1:53:00 PM More reviews by rimalala

This is a full honest review on how I feel about this product. I tried this, simply to "test" it out. Recently I have been using it every night to take off my eye makeup. Although, I dont have dark under eye bags, I use this to prevent the eye makeup building. After removing the eyemakeup I massage it around my eyes. I wake up in the morning and my eyes look surprisingly refreshed with no makeup residue. It's hard to apply though, very thick and sticky. I wouldn't call it a miracle product, but I think its better than any other chemical based makeup remover/eye cream.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/3/2013 6:22:00 PM More reviews by Angeluhh

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I gave this a try because I figured there was nothing to lose: bought a mascara tube, filled it up with castor oil, and started applying it with the brush every night.
And then I developed milia on my waterline. I gave it a rest, the milia went away, then I tried again, and the same thing happened, plus stinging eyes. I liked the idea of something so inexpensive and (generally) safe helping my eyelashes look longer, but it just didn't work out that way. It may be that I just discovered an allergy to castor oil that I never knew I had (and that may be why I've never had luck with the oil cleansing method, which makes use of castor oil also)
Perhaps I'll still give castor oil packs a try for my swollen painful elderly joints, but I'll keep it away from my face from now on.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/31/2012 6:10:00 AM More reviews by tbabi

Castor Oil has so many uses but some that I know about is using it get rid of cataracts and growing back baby hair.

It is a great healing oil and I've heard people get over various aliments using this oil.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/25/2012 4:02:00 AM More reviews by shumbum

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

This stuff worked so fast I was so surprised!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/19/2012 5:01:00 AM More reviews by Ticamorena

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Ten out of ten for the effect that castor oil has had on my lashes and the skin around my eyes - I use it overnight as a treatment rubbed into my lashline and under-eye area by hand. I also use it, mixed with some other oils, as a very effective eye makeup remover. The length and volume of my eyelashes have increased, and I think a big part of this is that my eyelashes don't shed any longer. My under-eye skin looks smooth, radiant and is more evenly toned in relation to the rest of my skin.

I've been using it every night also on my eyebrows, and frustratingly, have not had as positive results...so annoying! that's why it doesn't get 5/5 overall.

Before you start using this, plan ahead on how frequently you will be applying it and at what time of the day etc so you can have the right containers to store it in conveniently as it comes in a big bottle - I have mine in a small BioOil bottle for nightly application, and a spray pump bottle (I think for FrizzEase) which has a bigger nozzle as the oil is VERY thick for a regular spray nozzle.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/5/2012 11:22:00 PM More reviews by Thena

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Since reading this MUA page about castor oil, I've been using a couple drops castor oil every night on my eyelashes for more than half a year. I have stick straight Asian lashes which never see mascara and don't hold a curl. The castor oil didn't change this, but it did make my lower lashes longer. It does condition your lashes so they are stronger, slightly thicker, and encourages faster growth of new lashes. But this is not a miracle product. I didn't get Elizabeth Taylor style lashes with this, but it did work. I just don't think anyone else would really notice this change in my lashes. Still, I'd repurchase because based on the price, it's worth trying.
Other uses: on chapped lips (one of my favourite lip balms has castor oil as the first ingredient), on cuticles (pushing them back and moisturizing) and a small amount mixed with another oil (sweet almond, jojoba, etc) as hair conditioner.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/1/2012 10:07:00 AM More reviews by aksharad

I've been using castor oil on my lashes every night for almost a month.. and my lashes are way longer and thicker and MORE of them! And I'm definitely not imagining it since they almost touch my eyebrows (they weren't even halfway there when I started) and I can see small baby lashes in the space between lashes every now and then.. A lot of people have complimented my lashes.. So its a good way to get longer, fuller lashes in a natural and inexpensive way.

HOWEVER, it is important to note that castor oil is naturally drying in nature so it might make the skin around your eyes a bit dry, so use it accordingly and make sure you keep your eye area well hydrated!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/26/2012 2:06:00 PM More reviews by oudette

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I use Castor Oil as my cleanser every night and I will never use anything else but this. I have oily skin and therefore was prone to clog my pores all the time which results to adult acne:(

True CO is really thick and that is why I mix it with sunflower oil. I mix 70% SO and 30% CO for my oily skin.

1 - gently massage on face every night for 10 minutes.
2 - cover face with warm washcloth (until the cloth cools down)
3 - wipe oil gently using washcloth.
4 - repeat steps 2 and 3 (2x).

Works wonders!!! Good luck

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/8/2012 3:13:00 AM More reviews by Nirita

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Ever since I found out about the Multi Purposes of Castor Oil, I couldn't wait to experiment with it, took me a while to find a trusted brand and organic version of Castor Oil that I'd be pleased with, eventually I settled with a 16oz bottle from GNC - Now Solutions brand for 12 bucks. I did get my hands on the pharmacy version, however the size was way too small and I was not willing to pay almost 5 bucks for a tiny bottle that was refined anyway!
I saw about an inch or more of growth after a month of using and massaging this oil into my scalp RELIGIOUSLY.
My naturally sparse eyebrows have instilled so much insecurities within me over the years, I've tinted them with pencils and mascaras which in turn only pulled my eyebrow hairs out even more! I almost had no eyebrows, seriously. I saw results within days. But because my eyebrows were so sparse to begin with, I have been consistently using it day and night for about almost 2 months, and I'm happy to say that I'm getting there!
For my eyelashes, definitely reaped benefits with this oil! Saw results after days, initially my eyelashes fell out and looked very sparse, however I wasn't concerned because my eyelashes tend to grow pretty decently and they already are pretty long. I stopped using it for a bit then tried it again one night and woke up with thicker, longer eyelashes, eyelashes that were long enough to reach my eyelids. I still use Castor Oil on my lashes occasionally but at times it irritates my sensitive eyes, so I make sure I apply light amounts to my lash line.

I will never give up on this oil!

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/4/2012 10:18:00 PM More reviews by sexyglam

Ovarian cysts anyone?? this might interest you....

Most reviews about castor oil seem to be about lash/eyebrow growth. Although I have tried it for that purpose I can't really give a rating because I didn't use it consistently enough to really rate it fairly. I did, however, want to let you ladies know that castor oil is also used for many other skin and medical issues.

About two months ago an ultrasound showed that I had a hemorrhagic cysts about 2.8cm in one of my ovaries. I was having dull aches on my side, feeling bloated and full, which are symptoms of cysts. The doctor told me to just watch and wait as they can resolve on their own within a few months. I didn't want to take on such a "passive approach" so I did some research and found out that one of the uses for castor oil is to dissolve cysts. That night a made a castor oil pack, and put heating pad over it for about an hour, the next day I still had symptoms. I did it again the next night but left it on for about 2 hours. The next day, I felt a slight burning sensation in my tummy area( a sign of hemorrhagic cyst dissolving) and by the next day all my symptoms of pain, bloating, feeling full COMPLETELY DISAPPEARED! after having it for more than a month. I'm not saying this will work for all that have cysts but if you do a search you'll find this remedy on many sites. I'm no doctor but I wanted to share this with you as I know cysts can affect many women of child bearing age. I'm so sick of overpriced products not doing even half of what they claim to do, so I'm ecstatic that something so cheap and natural actually worked for me, I hope this helps!

49 out of 58 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No