October 31, 2014 | 1181 users online

Mascara - Kiss Me - HEROINE MAKE long and curl mascara (black)

rated 4 of 5 on 5/26/2011 11:30:00 PM More reviews by rikiya

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I just purchased this mascara last week and I love it! I had to choose between this and the volume&curl one, and decided on this one since nearly all the mascaras I own are volumizing ones already.

A little about me and my eyes. I have stick straight Asian lashes that usually fall out of their curls within a few minutes if I don't use a mascara and even then, after a few hours my curls are usually a lot less perky and quite flat. Compound that with the fact that my lids are naturally a bit oily, I usually have a little bit of a light smudge at the outer corners of my eyes where my lashes invariably brush against my skin. This is from waterproof mascaras too! I was pretty sure after all the mascaras I've tried, I'd be stuck with flat lashes that smudge on an oily day with mascara.

Then I discovered Heroine Make long&curl!

I can't say this does anything for uncurled lashes, but after I curl my lashes and brush this mascara on, I look like I have dolly eyes! My lashes look long and perfectly fanned out like falsies would. I actually look like I have falsies on, it's amazing! What's even more amazing is that after 8 or 9 hours and my skin turning a bit oily, none of this mascara transferred onto my lower lid at all! No smudge whatsoever.

I really like the whole packaging of the tube as well. Usually whenever I pull out a mascara wand there's that goopy sound and a buldge of mascara stuck at the tip but with Heroine Make, the wand comes out easy and clean. I don't need to wipe the wand first before I use it. I've never used a curved mascara wand before, but now I think it's my favourite! It's a lot easier to reach the corners of my eyes and if I flip the wand to the other side I can brush my lashes. The bristles are a lot more firm and the way the bristles are situated almost makes the spoolie look like a comb, so it's really easy to brush through your lashes. I don't need to do the whole zig zag thing as I do with other mascaras to separate my lashes.

As everyone else has mentioned, it's staying power is so amazing that it's ridiculously hard to get the mascara off. I've tried using my usual make up remover but all it did was remove my eyeliner, the mascara stayed firmly in place. I then used cold cream and massaged it over my lashes before wiping it off with a puff. That worked, but it's a bit of a hassle compared to just squirting on a bit of makeup remover on a puff and wiping gently. I'll invest in a better make up remover later, I suppose.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/30/2011 2:31:00 PM More reviews by bailuli

This is a FANTASTIC mascara made by the people who really know how to do their makeup! I've tried a variety of both HE and d/s mascara in the US, and most either don't do jack to my lashes, or they don't hold curl at ALL. even some of the waterproof mascaras are rather wimpy.

A few months ago i visited Japan and finally picked up the Kiss Me Heroine Long & Curl mascara, as well as the Volume & Curl. V&C ended up being my HG, but the L&C is quite fantastic as well!

Unlike the V&C, this mascara gives me minimal volume to my lashes. Instead what it does quite well is hold curl and FAN OUT my lashes. the bristles on the wand is really thin so it works great at keeping my lashes not clumped together. It lengthens my lashes but not by a lot, but i can totally forgive that when it does such a fantastic job with holding curl and fanning out my lashes. I like to use this during the day for work to give a rather soft look due to the almost feathery effect it gives me.

Note i am asian so I hae stubby asian lashes that doesn't hold curl, and also i have very THIN and few lashes. I believe those with more lashes or thicker lashes would love this mascara, as it helps with keeping lashes separated and curled. for me since my lashes are thin and decently long, i mainly benefited from the separation and curl holding.

One thing to note is that I noticed if I layer more than 1.5 layers or so, it would start to clump at the tip and give me a spidey look. ^^;;

overall this is a fantastic mascara. In the US it's a bit more pricy, but in Japan it varies from 1000yen (at the airport) to around 1200yen. Personally i think it is quite worth the money!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/20/2011 5:01:00 AM More reviews by bubblysteph

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

Finally tried this in the long and curl version and I can tell this is much better than the volume and curl version. You can read my review if interested. That one, imo, is a total waste for my money unless it was the older version.

Anyway, this comes in a curvy brush head with short spikes made with plastic - very different from the peanut shaped brush of the volume and curl version. I find this brush easy to work with the formula, which is on the wet side to begin with. It's nice to find out that this doesn't clump. I tried brushing on 2 coats on my lashes, both immediately after first coat and allowing the first coat to dry off a bit - still minimal clumping and spider legs lashes.

Although this is the length and curl version, it didn't lengthen my lashes like crazy. I'd rate this as better than average though not the best (erm I didn't try using more than 2 coats though). As for holding the curl, it's great if I have 1 coat of mascara only but it weighs down my lashes slightly if I have 2 coats on. Honestly, I cannot go with only 1 coat of this. It doesn't give much volume and doesn't thicken AT ALL - much better with the second coat. I have to apply this by brushing it straight up and than in the zig-zac pattern to get the illusion of more lashes, lol.

I didn't experience any smudging or flaking during 1-day wear but mind you, I don't have oily skin to begin with.

Overall, a good mascara for its price - this is a 4.5 lippies mascara in my book. I'd be happier if I tried this earlier. I purchased this right after SASA raised their prices. As of March 2011, it's HKD79 and for this price, I probably will prefer to add another HKD20 to get the Maybelline Magnum Express instead, which gives me more volume and thickening, as well as curl holding.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/13/2011 5:44:00 PM More reviews by happigirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I LOVE this mascara! This was recommended to me by other MUE girls and I am so glad I got it! You put it on ONE time, and it stays on all day (and night.) I have oily eyelids, and this is the only mascara that does not come off of my bottom eyelashes. I would highly recommend this to anyone looking for a very good mascara that does not budge; not even in the shower, washing your face, or sleeping! By the way, it's very easy to remove with either Coconut Oil or EVOO. Try it!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/26/2011 5:15:00 PM More reviews by LadyBull

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I LOVE THIS MASCARA!!! I recently found Maybelline The Falsies that I also like very much, but it can flake (after many, many hours) But back to my review for this mascara. OMG! It keeps my lashes curled all day and doesn't smudge or flake o anything! Looks the same when I remove it at the end of the day as it did when I applied it at the start of my day. I'd like to add that I work out at lunch so makeup that can hold up to a lunchtime work out and then go back to the office without "looking" like I sweat all my make up is a must for me. I bought their makeup remover because I heard this can be hard to remove & so far so good! I have another order on the way so I can have a back up and I am also buying one as a gift for a friend.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/24/2011 7:23:00 AM More reviews by Yamada70

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I am not sure if I would re-purchase this mascara again because it's not outstanding, but not to bleh. I am picky about my mascaras because most mascaras smudge on me like there is no tomorrow. Here is the break down...

Pros: doesn't smell
- waterproof & smudge-proof
- my eyes weren't allergic to this (unlike Revlon products that cause me instant red eye & itchiness)
- curved brush; i find it easy to apply with
- very black
- does not clump, does not flake (even after 12 hours!)
- easy to remove with 2-phase eye makeup remover (I noticed a few people are saying this is terribly difficult to remove. I learnt a little trick off youtube where you use a synthetic brush with makeup remover on it to brush onto the lashes & it dissolves pretty easily ^^)
- price is acceptable

Cons: formulation is quite wet, so it's best to be patient and let the first coat dry before applying the 2nd coat, or my lashes will get weighed down & look pretty sad.
- i like my lashes separated, this isn't clumpy where it sticks 6 eyelashes together, but it's doesn't give a nice separated lash look either
- waiting 2 weeks for this mascara to arrive from overseas

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/18/2011 1:06:00 AM More reviews by scopingforyou

PROS: Extends lashes very well. Does NOT flake/smudge/smear at all!!!! Wonderful curl holding ability. Even though it has fibers, it does not get in my eyes and bother them like all others with fibers do.

CONS: The brush is slightly awkward. Can't build much to make thicker lashes, but this doesn't say it's for thickness or volume. I don't know if this is what makes it not smear at all, but there is some stiffness to the lashes from this. Very hard to remove (see tips below.) Having to order it is a pain.

APPLICATION TIPS: If you're going to try to build with coats, do it while it's still wet.

REMOVAL TIPS: The best thing I've found is first Vaseline rubbed in and then Almay's NON-oily remover in the bottle (squirted on to a cotton pad.) The combo of these two works much better than anything else I experimented with.

APPLICATION TIPS: I am a recent convert to using Shiseido's popular curler.

ALTERNATES: For HE, for volume, try MUFE Smoky Lash. Lasts great with lots of volume. The Falsies by Maybelline (then covered by Clarins Double Fix, to waterproof it) OR The Rocket by Maybelline (also covered by Clarins Double Fix) is wonderful for volume and lots of length. For lots of volume and good length, I like Covergirl Remarkable Washable Mascara, which stays on very well for nonwaterproof.

IMPORTANT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!: If you buy this from beautykat.com, they sent me an e-mail, in 2011, warning me they are having trouble with hackers and are closing their site temporarily. They advised against even visiting the website at that time.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/12/2011 12:45:00 PM More reviews by mellymelly

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

HG, HG, HG!!! I bought this last summer when I went to Japan, and it's "ichiban" for a reason! It's the best! I will never do without this mascara!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/1/2011 2:52:00 PM More reviews by breeze1234

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Oh man! What a disappointment. I have short, straight lashes and I had high hopes for this product. It isn't *bad*, it's just so average. Doesn't hold a curl well and just sort of blah looking lashes. Sigh. I'll keep looking.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/7/2011 4:27:00 PM More reviews by abfabjeanius

I was taken in by the glowing reviews online, so I ordered this from Sasa.com. I paid under $11 + shipping. I wanted the volume and curl, but they were sold out, so I got this one instead.

This is a very average mascara. I wasn't expecting much volume (hence the name), but I didn't get any length, either. I tried a few different applications, like gently applying to the tips first, and then "rolling" the wand from root to tip. This didn't quite yield the result I was looking for. I also found that when I used more than 1 coat, I got some flaking throughout the day.

I do think it deserves at least 3 lippies, in my book, because it does hold the curl (and also helps to curl when you do the rolling method that I described earlier), and the petite, curved brush is easy to maneuver and defines the lashes decently. Also, this is very waterproof and long-wearing, so I will give it credit for that. (I purchased the Kiss Me mascara remover, which I will review separately.)

Overall, it didn't give me the drama that I was looking for. It actually reminds me of a cheap version of Shu Uemura's Basic, which is, well -- basic!

I will continue the search! For reference, I have thin lashes that are somewhat short, but have been lengthened by Rapidlash. continued >>