August 22, 2014 | 1174 users online

Mascara - Kiss Me - HEROINE MAKE long and curl mascara (black)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/13/2011 5:44:00 PM More reviews by happigirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I LOVE this mascara! This was recommended to me by other MUE girls and I am so glad I got it! You put it on ONE time, and it stays on all day (and night.) I have oily eyelids, and this is the only mascara that does not come off of my bottom eyelashes. I would highly recommend this to anyone looking for a very good mascara that does not budge; not even in the shower, washing your face, or sleeping! By the way, it's very easy to remove with either Coconut Oil or EVOO. Try it!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/26/2011 5:15:00 PM More reviews by LadyBull

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I LOVE THIS MASCARA!!! I recently found Maybelline The Falsies that I also like very much, but it can flake (after many, many hours) But back to my review for this mascara. OMG! It keeps my lashes curled all day and doesn't smudge or flake o anything! Looks the same when I remove it at the end of the day as it did when I applied it at the start of my day. I'd like to add that I work out at lunch so makeup that can hold up to a lunchtime work out and then go back to the office without "looking" like I sweat all my make up is a must for me. I bought their makeup remover because I heard this can be hard to remove & so far so good! I have another order on the way so I can have a back up and I am also buying one as a gift for a friend.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/24/2011 7:23:00 AM More reviews by Yamada70

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I am not sure if I would re-purchase this mascara again because it's not outstanding, but not to bleh. I am picky about my mascaras because most mascaras smudge on me like there is no tomorrow. Here is the break down...

Pros: doesn't smell
- waterproof & smudge-proof
- my eyes weren't allergic to this (unlike Revlon products that cause me instant red eye & itchiness)
- curved brush; i find it easy to apply with
- very black
- does not clump, does not flake (even after 12 hours!)
- easy to remove with 2-phase eye makeup remover (I noticed a few people are saying this is terribly difficult to remove. I learnt a little trick off youtube where you use a synthetic brush with makeup remover on it to brush onto the lashes & it dissolves pretty easily ^^)
- price is acceptable

Cons: formulation is quite wet, so it's best to be patient and let the first coat dry before applying the 2nd coat, or my lashes will get weighed down & look pretty sad.
- i like my lashes separated, this isn't clumpy where it sticks 6 eyelashes together, but it's doesn't give a nice separated lash look either
- waiting 2 weeks for this mascara to arrive from overseas

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/18/2011 1:06:00 AM More reviews by scopingforyou

PROS: Extends lashes very well. Does NOT flake/smudge/smear at all!!!! Wonderful curl holding ability. Even though it has fibers, it does not get in my eyes and bother them like all others with fibers do.

CONS: The brush is slightly awkward. Can't build much to make thicker lashes, but this doesn't say it's for thickness or volume. I don't know if this is what makes it not smear at all, but there is some stiffness to the lashes from this. Very hard to remove (see tips below.) Having to order it is a pain.

APPLICATION TIPS: If you're going to try to build with coats, do it while it's still wet.

REMOVAL TIPS: The best thing I've found is first Vaseline rubbed in and then Almay's NON-oily remover in the bottle (squirted on to a cotton pad.) The combo of these two works much better than anything else I experimented with.

APPLICATION TIPS: I am a recent convert to using Shiseido's popular curler.

ALTERNATES: For HE, for volume, try MUFE Smoky Lash. Lasts great with lots of volume. The Falsies by Maybelline (then covered by Clarins Double Fix, to waterproof it) OR The Rocket by Maybelline (also covered by Clarins Double Fix) is wonderful for volume and lots of length. For lots of volume and good length, I like Covergirl Remarkable Washable Mascara, which stays on very well for nonwaterproof.

IMPORTANT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!: If you buy this from beautykat.com, they sent me an e-mail, in 2011, warning me they are having trouble with hackers and are closing their site temporarily. They advised against even visiting the website at that time.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/12/2011 12:45:00 PM More reviews by mellymelly

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

HG, HG, HG!!! I bought this last summer when I went to Japan, and it's "ichiban" for a reason! It's the best! I will never do without this mascara!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/1/2011 2:52:00 PM More reviews by breeze1234

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Oh man! What a disappointment. I have short, straight lashes and I had high hopes for this product. It isn't *bad*, it's just so average. Doesn't hold a curl well and just sort of blah looking lashes. Sigh. I'll keep looking.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/7/2011 4:27:00 PM More reviews by abfabjeanius

I was taken in by the glowing reviews online, so I ordered this from Sasa.com. I paid under $11 + shipping. I wanted the volume and curl, but they were sold out, so I got this one instead.

This is a very average mascara. I wasn't expecting much volume (hence the name), but I didn't get any length, either. I tried a few different applications, like gently applying to the tips first, and then "rolling" the wand from root to tip. This didn't quite yield the result I was looking for. I also found that when I used more than 1 coat, I got some flaking throughout the day.

I do think it deserves at least 3 lippies, in my book, because it does hold the curl (and also helps to curl when you do the rolling method that I described earlier), and the petite, curved brush is easy to maneuver and defines the lashes decently. Also, this is very waterproof and long-wearing, so I will give it credit for that. (I purchased the Kiss Me mascara remover, which I will review separately.)

Overall, it didn't give me the drama that I was looking for. It actually reminds me of a cheap version of Shu Uemura's Basic, which is, well -- basic!

I will continue the search! For reference, I have thin lashes that are somewhat short, but have been lengthened by Rapidlash. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2010 3:43:00 PM More reviews by gemini85

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

My HG mascara. No need to try anything else. Lengthens, holds a curl, and NO smudges! After like 3 months use it doesn't separate as well, but it's nothing a lash comb won't fix. Only possible downside I can think of is how hard it is to wash this off, but I'd rather deal with rewashing than to have raccoon eyes.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/7/2010 4:04:00 AM More reviews by gelastyle

What can I say....but LOVEEEE!! This is def. my HG mascara. I have tried all the mascaras that was supposed to be good for my asian lashes (short, thick, fall straight) such as maybelline full n soft, covergirl lash blast (this falls 2nd), lancome courbe? virtuso, estee lauder, dior show.. but this .. my fellow chicas is what my eyelashes were made for. This holds my curl THE WHOLE DAY from the moment I curl and coat my lashes with this until the end of the day when I wash it off with eye makeup remover. This paired with my shu uuemura lash curler, allowed me to confidently get my falsies and throw in the back. I always had short lashes (not SHORT SHORT but def not long or noticeable w.o mascara) and after this I continuously get asked if I'm 1) wearing fake lashes 2) pretty lashes, not too dramatic but doll like.
If I had to say something bad about this is that it last way too ridiculously long.. (pro and con at the same time ironically.) because when the time comes to take this thing off.... damn its a pain the bum. I have to use up 2 cotton balls soaked in makeup remover (up & up by target dupe for neutrogena oil freee) and even after deepcleansing and reg. wash it still leaves some remains. But I'm willing to go through it (which is a MIRACLE because I am the MOST laziest girl you'll ever meet...) as well as driving all the way down to torrance (where they have mitsuwa or marukai = the japanese stores where they sell this) for they do not carry this in my town. All in love it, hate it for the littlest reason, but will end up keeping it (0=

rated 3 of 5 on 11/24/2010 5:23:00 PM More reviews by peonia

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Straight, Medium Eyes: Other

I liked this the first time I wore it - my lashes were nicely separated and elongated. However it seems to change after the first few uses. It gets clumpy and dry and doesn't layer well. It makes my lashes look really spidery. The pros are that it really is waterproof, doesn't smudge when dry, and hold curls well - even without a base. It is very inexpensive if you buy it in Asia. I will not be repurchasing.