April 19, 2014 | 917 users online

Powder - Maybelline - Mineral Power Powder Foundation

rated 1 of 5 on 10/7/2011 12:53:00 AM More reviews by p1um3

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

Bought it for the price, fragrance free product, and SPF factor. When I first put it on it blended well and looked good. After a few hours it turned darker and orangey.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/6/2011 1:07:00 AM More reviews by SMG1991

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I've always used BareMinerals foundation but i ran out and picked this Maybelline Poweder at the drugstore. I love it! It gives awsome coverage, almost air brush looking. I will save some $$ and stick to this from now on.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/5/2011 3:51:00 PM More reviews by SamanthaJo19

This is now my all time favorite powder! Most powders don't look too good on my skin, too light or dark or just not the right amount of coverage. This looks fantastic! Definently recommend, though I don't use the little brush it provided, I use a bigger one. :-)

Update: After trying other pressed powders, I discovered how cakey this powder can be. I've stopped using it and began using MUFE Duo Mat powder, and absolutely love it! I do really love Maybelline products and especially their pressed powders. Just not loose powder.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/5/2011 1:34:00 AM More reviews by thefaces

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I tried to like this, I really did. I dusted it over my tinted moisturiser (Clinique Almost Makeup) and thought it didn't look too bad. I have some photos I took then and it was okay.

Having used it since then, I can say I'll never use it again. The finish is, no matter how little you use, orangey. Its coverage is poor and exaggerates any dry spots and blemishes.

This has a little to do with the brush, which is useless. Although I used it with other brushes and it's more the products limitations. You make like this if you have oily skin or just want a quick powder. I have medium-tinted olive skin and this Mineral Power does no favours. I think I'll stick to liquid foundations.

I suggest you buy a more high-end mineral product that's guaranteed to work. Stay away from this--the finish is orangey, the packaging is bad and affects use, and it doesn't do very much as a powder foundation.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/1/2011 2:31:00 AM More reviews by dthai90

I have repurchased this product several times! I actually quite like it - it works well on my skin, however I have noticed that it looks better on me during the warmer months as the colours tend to run a bit orange (I use light [4]). Compared to liquid foundations this gives me more of a 'glow,' especially when I apply it on the cheeks.

It's quick and easy to apply, especially when you're in a rush and I often chuck it in my bag with a retractable kabuki brush in case I need to use it on the run (the brush provided is crap). I still get oily with this foundation, although it's nothing that some blotting sheets can't fix, and it tends to last through to the end of the day.

I would repurchase, however I am on the lookout for a mineral foundation that uses less ingredients, and with a higher percentage of active ingredients.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/14/2011 2:35:00 PM More reviews by debbiechongo

This product wasn't good. It wasn't horrible but it didn't do what it was supposed to. I heard good stuff about it but i can not imagine what other were thinking. It has this shiny particles in the powder that excentuate acne scars and problem areas. Next, it's called powder foundation, which i don't understand. it is BARELY A POWDER. barely, because it doesn't even cover up like a regular powder. something about this stuff just makes me look bad. don't buy it unless you have lighter skin and want VERY MINIMAL coverage.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/11/2011 10:14:00 PM More reviews by sephorastila2

I love this product so much! I just use concealor and then top it off with this. I have moderate acne and acne scarring (but its clearing up) and this product makes my face look so smooth. I tried the NYC translucent powder but it made my chin break out so I just use this. This powder is more expensive than the nyc one but its worth it. I also have very oily skin and this powder does wonders for it! I just carry it around everywhere. The brush is not very good so I just use an e.l.f. face brush that i got for a few dollars. Another plus is that the powder stays on for a long time!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/1/2011 10:17:00 PM More reviews by Npetruic29

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

i used to use this way back in 2009 in the Philippines. they have testers at their department stores and you can easily find the right shade that matches your skin and it really gave me a great coverage since i have a lot of acne scars and prone to acne. but when i wanted to buy it here in the USA, i can't find the shade that i want and there are no testers so i tried bare escentuals instead but it's expensive! probably i'll go back to using this product again when my BE runs out and hopefully find the right shade for my skin. oh yah, the only thing i don't like about this product is the kabuki brush. its rough on the skin!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/1/2011 11:21:00 AM More reviews by Niamhburns

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Wow.. What is with all this negativity with this product? It's a really good mineral foundation and the problem with a lot of reviews who are rating it badly is most likely because they are not using it correctly.

APPLICATION
Lightly shake the pot. Open the lid and lightly dab a blusher brush into it LIGHTLY until there is thin layer left on the brush. Apply to your face in circular motions, focusing on your cheeks, forehead, t-zone, anywhere else you want until you are happy with the amount/coverage the foundation.

Anyway, I think it's a pretty good mineral foundation compared to others. It's light, gives great coverage and granted there isn't a great range of shades but if you look you will find a suitable shade. I noticed mine stays on pretty long and doesn't make my skin greasy which is so handy!

I really love this product!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/27/2011 12:40:00 AM More reviews by intanprmata

very distressing for a separate brush. but this product makes my face look brighter, although not for too long.