October 2, 2014 | 1862 users online

Powder - Maybelline - Mineral Power Powder Foundation

rated 2 of 5 on 10/29/2011 9:05:00 AM More reviews by snjlowe

Tried this hoping to find a product similar to my my favorite everyday foundation-Bare Minerals. Wasn't even close. Settles into my wrinkles and made them look worse. Not for me :(

rated 4 of 5 on 10/23/2011 10:07:00 PM More reviews by jadoremakeup101

Just recently picked up this product and I love it! I think it works better as a setting powder though, instead of a foundation. Good coverage!!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/23/2011 5:56:00 PM More reviews by silverd12

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I have been struggling all my life to find some type of foundation that looks natural, covers, and feels light on my skin. I like the natural look-where a bit of my skin shows through and can actually breathe. Also, I have had so much trouble finding the right shade. I used to use the Covergirl Clean liquid foundation but I got tired of it not blending well. After trying this however, I was really pleased with the result-natural, light coverage of my skin. I don't have too many issues (such as acne, dry skin, or large pores) so the coverage works well for me. It is easy to apply and lasts a long time, but is easy to take off. Best of all, it does not clog my pores. It also forces me to take better care of my skin, since it is not heavy. I would recommend this to people who have pretty normal skin and just want a product that gives your face a nice finish and want the natural look.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/21/2011 7:12:00 PM More reviews by Becky2009

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I think this is pretty decent. During the week and in winter I tend to use a liquid foundation (Armani Luminous Silk or Face Fabric), but in the weekends I often wear nothing or this mineral powder. I like a lot of things about mineral powders in general, eg the natural spf, the fact that it sits on top of your skin so it doesn't feel like your skin is absorbing it, and how they're pretty easy to apply. I suppose the fact that I wear a different foundation when I really want to look nice suggests that I find the finish sub-optimal, which I guess is true. But for a casual day it's fine.

This is the only mineral foundation I've owned. I know what people mean about it looking orange, but for some reason it tends to look ok and pretty natural on my skin. I really don't think my skin is orange though. I have a bit of acne from time to time, and some acne scars, and this does a good job of covering them. I don't use concealer at the same time. One thing I really like about a powder foundation is that you can put on some kind of pimple cream underneath as long as you let it dry before applying the foundation. You can't really do that with liquid foundation.

I would like to try other mineral foundations to see if I can get a better finish, but for now I'm pretty happy with Maybelline.

Yes the little brush that comes with it is awful, but come on that is true of any brush that has ever come free with any makeup, high or low. You've got to just completely ignore it. I use a bigger, fluffier brush. Other than that the packaging is fine. Mineral foundation is always a challenge, presumably.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/8/2011 7:11:00 PM More reviews by ajwhite1003

I have used other powder foundations from Maybelline that I liked a lot and use during the winter. The store I was at was out of my shade in the powder I like so I picked up this. The coverage is good, but I hate the brush that comes with it. The brush does not give even application and is very rough. I typically use Ecotools brushes so I will try it With one of those. I don't like how the brush is separate from the foundation. The shade also seems a little darker in this than in the other powder formula.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/7/2011 12:53:00 AM More reviews by p1um3

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

Bought it for the price, fragrance free product, and SPF factor. When I first put it on it blended well and looked good. After a few hours it turned darker and orangey.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/6/2011 1:07:00 AM More reviews by SMG1991

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I've always used BareMinerals foundation but i ran out and picked this Maybelline Poweder at the drugstore. I love it! It gives awsome coverage, almost air brush looking. I will save some $$ and stick to this from now on.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/5/2011 3:51:00 PM More reviews by SamanthaJo19

This is now my all time favorite powder! Most powders don't look too good on my skin, too light or dark or just not the right amount of coverage. This looks fantastic! Definently recommend, though I don't use the little brush it provided, I use a bigger one. :-)

Update: After trying other pressed powders, I discovered how cakey this powder can be. I've stopped using it and began using MUFE Duo Mat powder, and absolutely love it! I do really love Maybelline products and especially their pressed powders. Just not loose powder.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/5/2011 1:34:00 AM More reviews by thefaces

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I tried to like this, I really did. I dusted it over my tinted moisturiser (Clinique Almost Makeup) and thought it didn't look too bad. I have some photos I took then and it was okay.

Having used it since then, I can say I'll never use it again. The finish is, no matter how little you use, orangey. Its coverage is poor and exaggerates any dry spots and blemishes.

This has a little to do with the brush, which is useless. Although I used it with other brushes and it's more the products limitations. You make like this if you have oily skin or just want a quick powder. I have medium-tinted olive skin and this Mineral Power does no favours. I think I'll stick to liquid foundations.

I suggest you buy a more high-end mineral product that's guaranteed to work. Stay away from this--the finish is orangey, the packaging is bad and affects use, and it doesn't do very much as a powder foundation.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/1/2011 2:31:00 AM More reviews by dthai90

I have repurchased this product several times! I actually quite like it - it works well on my skin, however I have noticed that it looks better on me during the warmer months as the colours tend to run a bit orange (I use light [4]). Compared to liquid foundations this gives me more of a 'glow,' especially when I apply it on the cheeks.

It's quick and easy to apply, especially when you're in a rush and I often chuck it in my bag with a retractable kabuki brush in case I need to use it on the run (the brush provided is crap). I still get oily with this foundation, although it's nothing that some blotting sheets can't fix, and it tends to last through to the end of the day.

I would repurchase, however I am on the lookout for a mineral foundation that uses less ingredients, and with a higher percentage of active ingredients.