November 28, 2014 | 1796 users online

Powder - Maybelline - Mineral Power Powder Foundation

rated 2 of 5 on 12/27/2011 12:31:00 PM More reviews by coolbracelet

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

i never have been lucky with foundation, but this one was a weird one. i got the second or third lightest shade and it made my skin orange-brown. idk if anyone else saw it, but it happened with me. i do like that the powder is soft and easy to put on, but it gets so messy and falls everywhere. even though it made me orange, it did have good coverage and made my skin look smooth. i didn't want to throw it out, so i just use it as eye shadow or sometimes bronzer.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/22/2011 8:39:00 PM More reviews by hannahgal143

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

If you want to look like an old Oompa Lumpa, than this product is for you! No matter what what shade you are buying, this product settles into all those fine-lines, and creates an orange, cakey look. I would never buy this product again. The only reason why I gave it 2 stars is because it didn't break me out (no product should anyways, I've just had bad experience) and it did have decent coverage. I would still never ever wear this product because it made me look and feel disgusting.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/20/2011 3:32:00 PM More reviews by elliemarie17

If you want a matte powder out there, this is for you! It gives such a flawless finish!! It makes my acne practically disappear! I'm sure there are some better powders out there but this is pretty cheap and amazing enough for me! This is also outstanding for my oily skin and keeps my face more matte throughout the day! Sometimes I will use blotting sheets in the middle of the day and re-apply but this stuff really helps my makeup last and my oilyness and acne stay covered! I use this after my Maybelline SuperStay Foundation and Cover FX concealer.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/29/2011 9:18:00 PM More reviews by naturalbeauty2468

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Hazel

ok, i am really starting to hate makeup brands...we the consumers PAY good money to these people. and what do they do they dont even make sure the foundation, concealer, powder etc. is good. we pay them money we earn and work hard for. dont get me wrong sometimes the makeup is amazing but sometimes its not.. im sick and tired of it. ive probably spent over 1000 dollars on makeup in my life and never find any thing good. and i dont have high standards...all i ask is these peopel makea makeup that: is natural,wears long,covers well.. BUT NO i buy what i think is good makeup and get crap....

rated 2 of 5 on 10/29/2011 9:05:00 AM More reviews by snjlowe

Tried this hoping to find a product similar to my my favorite everyday foundation-Bare Minerals. Wasn't even close. Settles into my wrinkles and made them look worse. Not for me :(

rated 4 of 5 on 10/23/2011 10:07:00 PM More reviews by jadoremakeup101

Just recently picked up this product and I love it! I think it works better as a setting powder though, instead of a foundation. Good coverage!!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/23/2011 5:56:00 PM More reviews by silverd12

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I have been struggling all my life to find some type of foundation that looks natural, covers, and feels light on my skin. I like the natural look-where a bit of my skin shows through and can actually breathe. Also, I have had so much trouble finding the right shade. I used to use the Covergirl Clean liquid foundation but I got tired of it not blending well. After trying this however, I was really pleased with the result-natural, light coverage of my skin. I don't have too many issues (such as acne, dry skin, or large pores) so the coverage works well for me. It is easy to apply and lasts a long time, but is easy to take off. Best of all, it does not clog my pores. It also forces me to take better care of my skin, since it is not heavy. I would recommend this to people who have pretty normal skin and just want a product that gives your face a nice finish and want the natural look.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/21/2011 7:12:00 PM More reviews by Becky2009

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I think this is pretty decent. During the week and in winter I tend to use a liquid foundation (Armani Luminous Silk or Face Fabric), but in the weekends I often wear nothing or this mineral powder. I like a lot of things about mineral powders in general, eg the natural spf, the fact that it sits on top of your skin so it doesn't feel like your skin is absorbing it, and how they're pretty easy to apply. I suppose the fact that I wear a different foundation when I really want to look nice suggests that I find the finish sub-optimal, which I guess is true. But for a casual day it's fine.

This is the only mineral foundation I've owned. I know what people mean about it looking orange, but for some reason it tends to look ok and pretty natural on my skin. I really don't think my skin is orange though. I have a bit of acne from time to time, and some acne scars, and this does a good job of covering them. I don't use concealer at the same time. One thing I really like about a powder foundation is that you can put on some kind of pimple cream underneath as long as you let it dry before applying the foundation. You can't really do that with liquid foundation.

I would like to try other mineral foundations to see if I can get a better finish, but for now I'm pretty happy with Maybelline.

Yes the little brush that comes with it is awful, but come on that is true of any brush that has ever come free with any makeup, high or low. You've got to just completely ignore it. I use a bigger, fluffier brush. Other than that the packaging is fine. Mineral foundation is always a challenge, presumably.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/8/2011 7:11:00 PM More reviews by ajwhite1003

I have used other powder foundations from Maybelline that I liked a lot and use during the winter. The store I was at was out of my shade in the powder I like so I picked up this. The coverage is good, but I hate the brush that comes with it. The brush does not give even application and is very rough. I typically use Ecotools brushes so I will try it With one of those. I don't like how the brush is separate from the foundation. The shade also seems a little darker in this than in the other powder formula.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/7/2011 12:53:00 AM More reviews by p1um3

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

Bought it for the price, fragrance free product, and SPF factor. When I first put it on it blended well and looked good. After a few hours it turned darker and orangey.