October 22, 2014 | 1811 users online

Eye Primer - Too Faced - Shadow Insurance

rated 5 of 5 on 8/7/2013 3:07:00 PM More reviews by ava1910

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

The best eyelid primer I've ever used. I have tried them all and this is the best by far. I have very oily skin and that includes my lids. This stays on all day for hours and hours. A+++

rated 5 of 5 on 8/1/2013 2:02:00 AM More reviews by sillyme168

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this product at Sephora in Paris. The shop-assistant was so convincing bout this product (of course she was) that I had to try it... I have a very oily skin and Asian eyelids, so my eyeshadow always creases after a few hours. I always had to check my eyelids and apply new eye shadow in the middle of the day. The first time I tried this, I was so surprised how good this product works. This product definitely does everything what it claims to! It really prevents creasing and my eye shadow stays all day long. It works sooo good that I have to use more eye make-up remover to take it off! It's very easy to use. You just need a little bit and apply it on your eyelids with your fingers, let it dry and then apply your eyeshadow. It's quite expensive, I paid € 18 but definitely worth the money. Since you don't need a lot. I have been using my first tube almost everyday for 4 months now and it's still not finished. I already bought a second tube, just to be safe.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/23/2013 11:11:00 PM More reviews by melinamarie5

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This stuff is amazing. It is literally like glue, your eyeshadow will stay on ALLLLL day and it makes your eyeshadow stand out so much more. This stuff even makes cheap eyeshadows look good. It works really well if you let it dry for a couple of seconds, don't put eyeshadow on right after you put it on. Also it works better when you put it on with your finger! I like this stuff so much more than the Urban Decay Potion primer, and I am a definite Urban Decay groupie.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/16/2013 12:52:00 PM More reviews by Taylorbohn

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

The oily texture did not work with my oily lids and left my eye makeup muddy after a few hours. Not for oily lids!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/13/2013 8:00:00 PM More reviews by britthud

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

In my experience, I find that this product does everything it claims to do. It prevents creasing, smudging, and helps with oiliness, which I struggle with on my eyelids. It's really soft when applied, and also helps with my eyelid redness (I don't apply foundation on my eyelids, but rather this only and it's no problem). I love that it comes in a squeeze tube. The only downside is the price. I don't wear eyeshadow everyday, so it's not a huge deal for me, but for those who wear it everyday, replacement may become an issue.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/13/2013 12:28:00 AM More reviews by JulesOfWisdom

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

Never used an eye primer before. My eyelids are neither dry nor oily. I apply a small amount directly to my bare skin on entire lid, from lashes to brow, then let dry before applying shadows. Very easy to spread on. No fading or moving. My pencil eyeliner also stays put, but I do go over my liner with shadow as well. I've used this product with both Too Faced shadows & LancĂ´me Shadows, along with a variety of eyeliners; Smash box, Almay, NYC & Wet n Wild. I would recommend this to anyone who is having difficulty with their shadows staying in place & full of color for the day as I am very pleased with this purchase.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/7/2013 1:45:00 PM More reviews by caithni

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This did not work for me and I did try - I really wanted it to work, it was pricey enough! And I was looking forward to smudge-free eye makeup which you really need even more as you get older ... Also tried Nars Pro Prime Eyeshadow Base and it didnt work for me either. Started to think it was just me, but am now trying out Stila Prime Pot and hopefully that will work.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/4/2013 12:19:00 PM More reviews by Green_Tea

Good solid primer. Does what it's suppose to. Best point is that it comes in an opaque squeeze tube!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/4/2013 1:42:00 AM More reviews by Nagomimakuri

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Prior to buying this, I had been using Urban Decay's primer potion over the last year, although I never really found that UDPP helped my eye makeup stay in place. No matter how much eye makeup I used, be it for a simple day look or for a heavier night out, my greasy lids would cause any eye makeup on my top lids to smudge onto my bottom eye area, leaving me with an unpleasant dark eyed raccoon look. I decided to try Too Faced Shadow Insurance after reading some comparison reviews between the two products. I noticed a HUGE improvement over the staying power of my eye makeup, which did not smudge or transfer to my lower eye area! What was more surprising was that incidentally I had gotten a little emotional one evening and after wiping away tears that ran down my face, I was still amazed that my eye makeup did not budge!! The key is to apply only a thin layer of the product evenly over the eyelids and allow for the product to dry first before applying any eye makeup. I noticed that if I try to apply my eye makeup too early, that I do get some initial creasing of the makeup. For now though, TFSI is my new go-to eye shadow primer!!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/2/2013 2:03:00 PM More reviews by NinaSun

I do like this product - it helps shadows stay on, makes them crease resistant, etc. But, I have the same feelings about this as I do about UD's Primer Potion. Both do their jobs well but both are also overpriced for doing the same thing a lot of other cheaper eye primers do. I just can't really justify the price(It's 20$ for a tube) for doing the same exact thing that the NYX eye primer does for 15$ more. I do like the packaging though - it's a squeeze tube which makes it more hygienic to use on other people than a doe foot applicator is. Overall, I like this but it isn't anything amazing.