November 21, 2014 | 1708 users online

Makeup Brushes - Prescriptives - Foundation brush

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/15/2002 11:36:00 AM More reviews by 2westies

I avoided all liquid foundation until I tried applying it with this fantastic brush. It gives professional looking, flawlessly even coverage, and it works great with cream blush or c-t-p foundations. I find it both relaxing and fun to paint my face with this high quality brush, which has lost no hairs over daily use and washing. Best of all, it keeps my hands clean- a major plus.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/14/2002 11:35:00 AM More reviews by jg7251

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this brush! It is so great for applying foundation and doesn't waste foundation like sponges do. It is definitely worth the $$ because it is a good quality product that will last. It's great for both liquid and cream to powder foundations. Makes my foundation go on so smoothly and doesn't waste the product. There are other foundation brushes out there but this is the best by far!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/11/2002 11:36:00 AM More reviews by MegE

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This brush is great. At first, I was sceptical about using a brush to apply foundation, but I'm glad I tried it. By using a brush, I am able to get more coverage from my light coverage foundation. My skin also looks smoother. It can take a few times to get use to it, but it's worth it. You really *must* wash this brush after every use. After washing it, press out the excess water with a towel. Then, leave it to dry completely on a fresh towel, with the bristles hanging off. Drying it in a cup, or on a counter that has the possibility of having water drops on it, will definitly damage the brush and handle in no time.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/19/2002 10:30:00 AM More reviews by AliceinWonderland

I think this brush would last forever. Its very well made. Plus its great for applying cream based foundations, or thicker liquid foundations. Also powder foundation.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/24/2002 4:19:00 AM More reviews by Kitz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I love this! My foundation goes on smooth and easy with this, and it's a real polished look I end up with. I had to say that it really is a little costly though.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/2/2002 3:48:00 PM More reviews by mtvsux

I got this in a swap, otherwise i don't think i would have initially dropped the $35 on it. That is a lot of money for an item you don't *need* unlike an e/s brush. But i had to try it. I got bored after the first week but just rediscovered it am it works soooo well with my silicone based Versace foundation that i will use it at least whenever i get the chance. Plus it will def. save me money b/c versace foundation costs $45 to replace and i'd say i used HALF as much product with this brush. With some liquid foundations the finish isn't so great, so i go over with a sponge afterwards. But a very good brush and i would want to replace if i lost it.

[Update] I *did* lose it, and i *just* replaced it. : )

rated 5 of 5 on 8/29/2002 11:46:00 AM More reviews by aries7426

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I bought this a couple years ago when Px came out with the Magic line to go with the Magic powder which I could never get to work well. I decided to try this brush since it was just collecting dust and I love it. I was always using my fingers to apply foundation as taught to me by a Clinique SA years ago. I don't like using sponges because they absorb and waste too much of the product. I love this brush. I doesn't absorb or waste product and gives me a perfect, very even finish I wasn't able to achieve before. I think the trick is to start at the top and brush downward. And blend, blend, blend. Never again will I be using my fingers.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/24/2002 8:22:00 PM More reviews by Alexis

This was the first foundation brush that I had ever purchased and after using it I didn't think that foundation brushes were for me. My cream and liquid foundations looked as if they were going on streaky regardless of whether I was using the brush wet or dry. I have since used foundation brushes from Vincent Longo and Trish McEvoy and these are much better for me. The synthetic bristles in these 2 brushes seem much smoother and finer so I get a better foundation application.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/3/2002 12:59:00 PM More reviews by blyss

Add me to the list of ravers for this product. This is a synthetic foundation brush with the perfect softness and stiffness needed for that perfect application. Also, the price is VERY reasonable in Canada... It's even cheaper than MAC up here. I also really like the fact that it's synthetic since it's so easy to take care of and it dries back in place to the original shape. Recommended from me!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/29/2002 12:08:00 PM More reviews by Marbela

Age: Unknown Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a wonderful brush. It's perfect for liquid foundations- it makes my foundation look smoother and more even. The brush is very easy to use and clean and is the perfect size. Everyone who wears liquid fouation should get one of these!