July 22, 2014 | 2225 users online

Lip Gloss - L'Oreal - Infallible Lip Gloss

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 5/29/2009 12:03:00 PM More reviews by janemarple

I wanted a lip gloss that stayed put for more than five minutes, and this does the trick. It is a bit sticky though, which only bothers me when I am outside and the wind blows my hair into my face. But it's a nice little lip gloss that stays for a while.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/17/2009 8:58:00 PM More reviews by Momeramas

I bought this lip gloss in Dulce De Leche #825 because some makeup expert said he goes to this for EVERYONE'S skin, from light to dark. The smell is okay, not great. You can use it as a stand alone product during the day (I can see this shade being flattering on almost anyone - it is a shimmery beige). Also, I like wearing this lip gloss over something - whether it is lipstick or lipstain. Currently I am using some CoverGirl Lipstains or Sephora Lush Flush. If your lipstick is too bright, it will tone the color down, but it gives your lips a glittery, almost frosty look so I tend to layer it at night.

What I like about it is staying power. Okay, maybe not 6 hours or whatever, but you know how bad normal lipgloss is - does it even make it thru one hour? It's about $10 but wait for a BOGO deal. BTW, thanks MUA reviewers for the tip about the mirror! I never even knew about that - I peeled the plastic sticker off the top and the cap is a tiny mirror. But you can only use it to check your application, not apply the product. Some people have complained about stickiness, but I do not find this overly sticky.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/16/2009 3:41:00 PM More reviews by acbaker82

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love the infallible lip glosses! I have bloom, and I am purchasing more soon. I wrote a review on bloom as well. These are HG for me. They are the perfect gloss that you don't have to keep re-applying. I am more of a gloss person than a lipstick person. The glosses are priced pretty good, considering the texture and feel is very similar to the stila liplazes, and they last just as long. I only have to reapply this after eating. I like to pair this with a longlasting lipliner, so some color is still there in between applications. It does not stay on as long as marketed, but they do last very long compared to regular lip glosses. They are sticky/tacky, that's what makes them last, but a little tip, don't press your lips together until it is 'set' just wait a few minutes for it to set onto your lips, it won't be as tacky later on as when you first put it on. I only gave this 4 lippies because the color range could be better, such a shame cause these are awesome! I also love to pat pigments on top of mine to change the color, they stay on your lips pretty much all day with the infallible gloss underneath!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/9/2009 12:25:00 PM More reviews by Maderine

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I loved how this looked and how it lasted, but it seemed to make my lips feel burny and chapped. I would wake up the next day with a rash around my lips, too. I regretfully threw mine away.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/9/2009 12:16:00 PM More reviews by terriv13

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I really only use this over lipliner of various shades depending on my mood. I use mostly Bloom over Cliniques Lipliner in Tender Taupe, and it gives a nice, 'pink chocolate' effect that really lasts. I just vary how deep the lipliner color is to determine how deep I want the overall effect to be. My preference is to apply the lipliner, then run my finger over it to soften it and lighten it up a little, then apply the gloss. I hated all of the long-lasting lipsticks, blech!! But this, works really well at lasting without being drying AT ALL. One BIG NOTE OF ADVICE: I had the same problem with it transferring on my teeth, so what I do is this: Immediately after applying, I put a light coating of vaseline on my thumb joint down at the base of my hand and up the thumb itself, then pop that in my mouth and pull it out over the slightly closed lips a few times until no more color comes off. Learned this trick from Heidi Klum!! It really works! The vaseline creates a barrier from the color to your teeth. I know it sounds a little gross, but, hey, if it works.....!!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/9/2009 12:05:00 PM More reviews by Nkruythoff

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This stuff stayed on pretty good. I had the color Bloom. My bff searched high and low for it, and found the very last one stashed. I loved the color, and the consistency wasn't too bad. I've never had this problem before, so I know it's not my application - but the lipgloss KEPT sticking to my teeth. So needless to say, I didn't appreciate pink teeth, and I am no longer using this lip gloss :(

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/8/2009 11:07:00 PM More reviews by lucy1984

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

i needed a couple of glosses before going out of town...and i went to the makeup aisle in my local drugstore. i picked up 3 of these glosses. i loved a dark pink one...forgot the name...:(

they claim that there is a mirror on the top of the gloss...i cant see it...its too frosty.

after a few uses, the consistency of the gloss gets sticky....hated that..

also the applicator...it was so annoying...

rated 5 of 5 on 4/24/2009 1:34:00 AM More reviews by Bobcatgirl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I couldn't wait to try these when they first came out, and I was quite happy with my purchase.I am always putting balm, gloss or color on my lips as I hate when they are dry. The first thing that struck me was how this stuff seems to lock in lip moisturizer that you apply and extend its benefits.As far as this lipgloss goes, I don't know about six-hour wear, but I certainly don't have to keep re-applying balm nearly as much. Also, worth mentioning is I sometimes use a lipstick over this gloss to get longer wear out of it.One thing I'm not thrilled with is the range (or lack of) colors. It would be great if they had a fuscia and a plum for us olive skinned girls.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/21/2009 2:32:00 PM More reviews by typicalprototype

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

i love this stuff was wearing for awhile alone but resently wanted something to make my lip liner and stick last longer so i applyed lipstick then the liner with a layer of this over it wow my lipsick and liner has stayed put for over 4 hours the gloss kinda worn off but the rest looks fine i love this stuff just kinda pricey in my opinion wait for the buy one get one free at cvs and then get sunday papers they have like 1 to 2 dollar off copouns you end up getting to for like 7 dollars then its a deal

rated 4 of 5 on 4/8/2009 12:56:00 PM More reviews by iqra

this lip gloss is okay its just like an average lip gloss it doesn't stay on very long but i would probably buy it again