L'Oreal Infallible Lip Gloss

3.5

Trimethylsiloxyphenyl dimethicone, octyldodecanol, isododecane, acrylic acid/isobutyl, acrylate/isobornyl acrylate copolymer, squalane, polybutene, silica dimethyl sililate, calcium aluminum borosilicate, silica, isopropylparaben, butylparaben, isobutylparaben, arginine pca, tocopheryl acetate, pentaeryththrityl tetraisostearate, calcium sodium borosilicate, hydroxypalmitoyl sphinganine, synthetic fluorphlogopite, polyehtylene terephthalate, polymethyl methacrylate, tin oxide, sodium chondroitin sulfate, atelocollagen, parfum.

on 6/25/2009 6:31:00 AM

I don't really like this lipgloss expecially because of the annoying wand. I don't particualry like the feel of it on my lips and I don't like the colour either so I wouldn't buy this again.

on 6/20/2009 11:11:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Applies sticky and not great for kissing/eating right after applying, but all in all, I like the way this gloss looks, and it does last a fairly long time with some degree of shine!

4 lippies and would repurchase!

on 6/6/2009 9:35:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I purchased No. 115, a nice lite shimmering pink. I'm happy because it looks like a gloss, but stays on, & the color is true to the packaging. CON: it is a bit sticky, especially in the wind when hair sticks, but it IS a gloss!

Then I had a makeover today & came out with a whole new look for day & evening. I discovered that I was wearing the wrong makeup colors, thinking I was cool when I actually am warm, so the pink has to go. The aesthetician used mainly Mirabella cosmetics, and I loved them all. Wish I could find a review before I make a big purchase changing my foundation, eyes, lips, cheeks, etc. Anyone?

on 5/29/2009 5:06:00 PM

Pretty good lipgloss! I have it in Bloom and Sangria. I like both colors a lot. Ideally it would have a better flavor and less glitter, but it shows up more subtle on your lips than it looks in the tube. I'm a fan!

on 5/29/2009 12:03:00 PM

I wanted a lip gloss that stayed put for more than five minutes, and this does the trick. It is a bit sticky though, which only bothers me when I am outside and the wind blows my hair into my face. But it's a nice little lip gloss that stays for a while.

on 5/17/2009 8:58:00 PM

I bought this lip gloss in Dulce De Leche #825 because some makeup expert said he goes to this for EVERYONE'S skin, from light to dark. The smell is okay, not great. You can use it as a stand alone product during the day (I can see this shade being flattering on almost anyone - it is a shimmery beige). Also, I like wearing this lip gloss over something - whether it is lipstick or lipstain. Currently I am using some CoverGirl Lipstains or Sephora Lush Flush. If your lipstick is too bright, it will tone the color down, but it gives your lips a glittery, almost frosty look so I tend to layer it at night.

What I like about it is staying power. Okay, maybe not 6 hours or whatever, but you know how bad normal lipgloss is - does it even make it thru one hour? It's about $10 but wait for a BOGO deal. BTW, thanks MUA reviewers for the tip about the mirror! I never even knew about that - I peeled the plastic sticker off the top and the cap is a tiny mirror. But you can only use it to check your application, not apply the product. Some people have complained about stickiness, but I do not find this overly sticky.

on 5/16/2009 3:41:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I love the infallible lip glosses! I have bloom, and I am purchasing more soon. I wrote a review on bloom as well. These are HG for me. They are the perfect gloss that you don't have to keep re-applying. I am more of a gloss person than a lipstick person. The glosses are priced pretty good, considering the texture and feel is very similar to the stila liplazes, and they last just as long. I only have to reapply this after eating. I like to pair this with a longlasting lipliner, so some color is still there in between applications. It does not stay on as long as marketed, but they do last very long compared to regular lip glosses. They are sticky/tacky, that's what makes them last, but a little tip, don't press your lips together until it is 'set' just wait a few minutes for it to set onto your lips, it won't be as tacky later on as when you first put it on. I only gave this 4 lippies because the color range could be better, such a shame cause these are awesome! I also love to pat pigments on top of mine to change the color, they stay on your lips pretty much all day with the infallible gloss underneath!

on 5/9/2009 12:25:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I loved how this looked and how it lasted, but it seemed to make my lips feel burny and chapped. I would wake up the next day with a rash around my lips, too. I regretfully threw mine away.

on 5/9/2009 12:16:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I really only use this over lipliner of various shades depending on my mood. I use mostly Bloom over Cliniques Lipliner in Tender Taupe, and it gives a nice, 'pink chocolate' effect that really lasts. I just vary how deep the lipliner color is to determine how deep I want the overall effect to be. My preference is to apply the lipliner, then run my finger over it to soften it and lighten it up a little, then apply the gloss. I hated all of the long-lasting lipsticks, blech!! But this, works really well at lasting without being drying AT ALL. One BIG NOTE OF ADVICE: I had the same problem with it transferring on my teeth, so what I do is this: Immediately after applying, I put a light coating of vaseline on my thumb joint down at the base of my hand and up the thumb itself, then pop that in my mouth and pull it out over the slightly closed lips a few times until no more color comes off. Learned this trick from Heidi Klum!! It really works! The vaseline creates a barrier from the color to your teeth. I know it sounds a little gross, but, hey, if it works.....!!

on 5/9/2009 12:05:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

This stuff stayed on pretty good. I had the color Bloom. My bff searched high and low for it, and found the very last one stashed. I loved the color, and the consistency wasn't too bad. I've never had this problem before, so I know it's not my application - but the lipgloss KEPT sticking to my teeth. So needless to say, I didn't appreciate pink teeth, and I am no longer using this lip gloss :(

Popular Lip Glosses