Cover Girl Brow and Eye Makers

3.7

Price: $

Price: $

on 6/5/2006 5:11:00 PM

I've been using this product since high school--about eight years now--and it's never yet let me down. :) It's dirt cheap and looks very natural and soft--which was the effect I really wanted. I use the light brown version even though I have dark grown hair and brows; I think the key to getting good color out of this pencil might be to apply it on top of a moisturizer. For some reason the oil in lotion or moisturizers really bring out the colors in this product, so I apply it on top of moisturizing sun lotions or just plain moisturizers every day. Its only flaw is that it smudges very easily--but then I don't rub my brows during the day, so that's never been a problem for me. In conclusion, this is an awesome staple to have in your purse--cheap and reliable.

on 5/18/2006 5:39:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Let me start off by saying that I've been trying for years to find a decent eyebrow pencil. I have fair skin but very dark brows, which are sparse due to overplucking. I think because my brows are so dark and noticeable I became obsessed with making them perfect and symmetrical. For the past few months I have been trying to grow them back in. I really want a natural look, and this pencil is helping me acheive it. I have tried brown pencils in the past but they usually look reddish against my dark brows. Black pencils always looked way too harsh. I have this pencil in Midnight Black, and I love that it is a harder pencil. This enables me to get a SOFT natural look instead of a harsh black line. I think the key to this pencil is technique. You have to have a soft touch, and use short strokes. I apply this to my sparse areas, set with a little powder, use a clear brow gel for any unruly hairs, and I am good to go!

on 5/10/2006 6:50:00 AM

I bought this in black. Whilke it is NOT great as an eyeliner (too hard) it is good for brows as the line does not get too heavy and waxy. Cheap and works as well as any eye pencil (Chanel, Lancome, Dior) but I prefer usin eye shadow on my brows any day.

on 5/9/2006 10:54:00 PM

This stuff came with two pencils and a sharpener. I got it in the shade of midnight black but it goes on really faint. I also have to use a lot of pressure to get it to show, and in the end, it fades off too quickly.

on 4/6/2006 11:19:00 AM

Glides on great, problem is the color doesn't last very long. I'm having a hard time finding one that does last.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I've been using this as an eyeliner and brow pencil for about 2 years. It's dirt cheap, comes w/2 pencils and a sharpener for less than $3. The thing is it smudges by the end of the day. The tip is too hard and the color doesnt show. Every morning, I had to heat the pencil on the stovetop for a couple of sec. before I can begin applying it as an eyeliner. What a hassle BUT as a brow pencil, it does its job, I use it as is, just light feather strokes and I'm set for the day. If you want a good eyeliner that doesnt budge, try Bobbi Brown's Long wearing gel eyeliner, expensive but does not budge one bit. I'm glad I discovered it BUT I'm still using this as a brow pencil b/c it's cheap and does its job.

on 11/22/2005 1:04:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

OK these things are atrocious. In fact, the worst I've ever tried. They don't go on. Period. They are hard and dry and leave no mark. You might as well be trying to apply a piece of plastic. The only way to force them to work at all is to run the tip through a flame to melt it a bit, which is ridiculous to have to do. They give you two, which is a waste because you have to throw them both in the trash!

on 9/15/2005 1:04:00 PM

I have been using this product for the past year. I have very light skin,with very dark features, so it is crucial that my eyebrows look natural. I outline my eyebrow very very lightly and the fill it with feathered strokes, then take a clean mascara brush and blend, blend, blend!!

I tried using it as an eyeliner once....it didnt show up very well ..it is def best as a eyebrow filler.

on 9/12/2005 10:07:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I love the fact that this eyeliner/eyebrow pencil comes in package of 2, with a sharpener, and is very inexpensive. (About $3) It lasts you well over 6 months. I use the Midnight Brown for my eyebrows--it fills them in perfectly when needed & looks the most natural. Same goes with eyeliner. Brown is the most natural effect.. although I am more for the Black. This eyeliner lasts, ALL day, through anything. It is fantastic. The pencil can be pretty painful on the eyes (as I've seen on others reviews) when first attempting to use.. but I've learned that dimming down the point with a tissue or cloth makes the application smoother & less painful. The color does show up once the tip is softened. Trust me! I'm telling you, I have been using this liner for 2 years and wouldn't trade it in for anything else. It's that great.

on 8/23/2005 6:23:00 PM

I use this in Soft Brown. I use it as an eyebrown pencil, and it does the trick. I would love to NOT have to color in my eyebrows, but since I really kinda need to, this works nicely. I have blond hair, and the Soft Brown looks as natural as pencil possibly can... It lasts long, and the pencils are not too hard nor too soft. I do not use this as eyeliner, because I am crazy about automatic pencils. This costs around 2 dollars, and you can't lose.

Popular Brows Products