Make Up For Ever HD High Definition Foundation

3.6

Aqua, Cyclopentasiloxane, Neopentyl Glycol Diethylhexanoate, Mica, talc, PEG-10 Dimenthicone, Biosaccharide Gum-1, Phenyl, Trimethicone, Sodium Chloride, Lauroyl Lysine, Dimenthicone Crosspolymer, Glyceryl Caprylate, Methylpropanediol, Butylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Sodium Myristoyl Glutamate, Cyclohexacyloxane, Methylisothiazolinone, Sorbitan Sesquileate, Silver Oxide, Propylene, Carbonate, Parfum (fragrance), Methylparaben, Fagus Sylvatica Extract (Fagus Sylvatica Bud Extract), Hydrolyzed Yeast Protein, [+/- CI 77891 )titanium Dioxide), CI 77491 (Iron Oxides), CI 77499 (Iron Oxides).

on 6/18/2011 5:30:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

Initially the SA at Sephora gave me a color that was...not right. I should have just grabbed the lightest one to begin with, that's the one that matched. Color 110.

I use and love the Smashbox FX foundation and was told by the SA that the MUFE is comparable and that many people prefer it. I used a damp Beautyblender and achieved light coverage; when I went back in to stipple a little extra on areas that needed more coverage, it got a little dodgy. I did not use a foundation brush, perhaps that would have offered some good coverage and then smoothed with the sponge.

On the day I tried this I was having a rare almost-perfect skin day, and the foundation was pretty decent looking today. Not so great that I would replace what I use! So in this case I could probably wear the MUFE and look good about two days a month. The color is very believable, it feels nice on my skin, and applied directly (no primer underneat) it didn't cause any irritation or blemishes. I really like this foundation overall.

*Note: so far this is the ONLY foundation that will not wash out of my Beautyblender despite repeated attempts.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Great colour but wish it lasted longer.

I do like this foundation it is a perfect colour for my skintone and i love that it feels light on my skin, looks very natural, blends in wonderfully and can be used as a concealer ( well thats what a salesperson told me at sephora). It also gives a good medium coverage not the best but good.

My problems are that it does not last as long as i hoped approx 4-6 hrs, it could be because its summer and i tend to 'glow' a lot ( i.e. i basically become sweaty betty) and it slides off but even when i use primer and set it with MUFE hd powder it still does not stay.

Another major problem is it is not available in the UK except from very pricey stores that sell the product a good £4 more than in the US. luckily i bought mine from the US but if it runs out i would have to plan another trip there to get my supply.

on 6/17/2011 3:37:00 AM

I love this foundation! Out of all the high end and drugstore foundations in every form (liquid, powder, creme, bb cream, etc), this is the BEST product I've used. It does not streak or gets oily, even on my combination skin. If you're Asian, you know how difficult it is to find a shade that matches your skin perfectly. For me, #125 Sand is the perrrfect shade.

Sure, it's a bit pricier than regular foundation but think about how much money you are saving on faulty products!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

****UPDATE****My complaint about this is that it doesn't last long at all..a couple of hours after I apply the foundation (with a primer, powder, and setting spray) it is already time to blot and is sliding around my skin...anytime i touch my face or touch something else you can tell that it smeared the color and the foundation...also, if you cry or get water on your face you're screwed. Very Disappointing because i love this..had to knock off a lippie. still really good coverage though. Also, i do not even have oily skin. My Skin is fairly dryy/normal.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
This is my holy grail of foundations! I've never had a foundation with such a lightweight texture and such amazing coverage. I have normal semi-dry skin, and I totally recommend this foundation to anybody who has a similar skin type because it's flawless, natural, and lasts all day. I work at Sephora so thankfully I get a discount on this foundation - but $40 is super expensive for a foundation. But it's truly worth every cent! Even my boyfriend compliments me when I wear this. He can barely tell I have make up on, and he loves it, even though my skin looks flawless. I pair this with one of their waterproof concealers and either the HD micro-powder finish which is ALSO extremely outstanding. 5 stars!

on 6/15/2011 2:52:00 PM

Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure

THIS RIGHT HERE.. IS THE GREATEST FOUNDATION EVER MADE. It is so good although it's kinda pricey.. If you're an NC35 get 153 because it'll match you so great. I got 127 before but I found it a little light on me. At first they didn't want to give me the 153 cause it's far from my face skintone, but it looked good! It matched my body skintone so everything is even. It doesn't feel heavy at all, when applied used a flat top brush so it gives a nice flawless natural look! It dries out on the matte side, well for me. I have oily skin, I suggest always putting on moisturizer before applying this. I love it even though it's only been two days!

on 6/15/2011 1:25:00 PM

I love this foundation. I'm a PPP and I find the lightest yellow shade (117) fits me great. If I apply this with ecotools foundation brush, I achieve a matte flawless complexion...so much that my skin looks slightly fake!! I know...it weird to negatively comment about having a flawless face, but being in the 30's, I need a little bit of sheen to mask fine lines. So now, I apply it with my fingertips after sunscreen. I sometimes apply the powder foundation for touch ups throughout the day if needed and I love how my skin looks. This makeup hides pores very well for me and really settles/melts into my skin:) The pump is nice, but it bothers me knowing that there is a little bit more product at the bottom that I can't get to...

on 6/7/2011 5:30:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Its kinda hard for me to review this as there is no color match for me. I've tried (several times) #115, #118, #120, and #125. None are right and then they just get darker from there so thats it. #115 was the right tone but too light. In in mac I'm NW20.

ANYWAY, I really like this foundation b/c it looks so flawless and leaves a satin/natural finish like real skin should look. Its medium coverage to me. I don't think this would be good for oily skin and you have to be careful not to apply to much or else you will look waxy. So I give it a 4 but I wish they would expand the light end of their color range, specifically the cool tones.

on 6/7/2011 5:18:00 PM

I'm an NC30 and I bought #123 which was the WRONG color match! I do like how this looks freshly applied but by the end of the day I'm extremely oily even with primer on! The reason I gave it 2 lippies was because it does look amazing in photos and I like that it comes with a pump.

on 6/6/2011 3:30:00 PM

I was using Bare Minerals for years, but lately noticed it was actually accentuating my large pores (esp on my nose) and even buffed it, it still looked like I had powder on my face. So I decided to try a liquid. I wanted to try Shu Uemura Face Architect, but since you can't go anywhere to check out colors, and can only order online, I ruled that one out.
The salesperson at Sephora recommended this one, and she tried it out on my. 118 matched me well, even in daylight, and looked really good. I apply sparingly, with a foundation brush, and the coverage looks good. I only apply to where I need it, not all over my face, which I think helps. It definitely helps tone done any redness I have, and helps to diminish, but not completely cover, acne scars and blemishes. I still need to use concealer, and I don't think I'll ever have flawless looking skin, but overall I'm really pleased with it so far. I've been using a few weeks now.
One note: from this website this foundation doesn't seem to work well on people with dry skin. It does seem very tacky, probably to keep it's staying power. My skin is combination, but can get oily in the t-zone. I don't really have any dry patches, and my skin doesn't get too dry in winter (maybe it would if I lived somewhere there were really harsh winters). So if you have dry skin this might not be for you.
I do use a retinol cream that can give me flakiness, but haven't really had those problems since using this foundation. I will update if I do have them to let you know how it works with flakiness.

Update: After finally getting back into working out during my lunch hour, I can say this holds up pretty well without my having to reapply, which I don't ever do. Still pretty pleased with it.

on 6/5/2011 8:28:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

This is the worst foundation I've ever tried-and that's putting it nicely. I have extremely,extremely dry skin. I tend to have problems with foundations accentuating the flakiness of my cheeks/nose. I also have excessive redness and I have never found a foundation that covered it completely...I went into Sephora hoping to find a full coverage foundation without a matte finish..The woman helping me showed me the Make Up Forever HD Foundation...I'd heard good things about this product,and jumped at the chance to try it out. The woman took two colors and I noticed how orange they looked when she started to apply them..But I didn't question it,because as she applied it-it looked perfectly fine. The shade she gave me was 118...I am an NC15 at MAC..So I don't know how she thought this was a match,I should have corrected her-but the foundation looked fine on my skin-so I didn't...I noticed that it did show some of my flakiness,but the woman told me that exfoliating would help...So I bought the foundation...Forty dollars set me back quite a lot...It almost hurt to buy it. I got home and was practically skipping to try own my new product...I exfoliated my face,before applying a moisturizer...This foundation is absolutely sheer,it covered none of my redness-even with a concealer. It shows every little pore,flake-everything. It drys to a matte finish and looks like I'm wearing a terrible amount on my face...Cakey and just gross,that's how I'd describe it...I plan on returning this ASAP...I wouldn't recommend this to anyone with dry skin/redness...Save yourself the trouble and the money.

Video Reviews & Tutorials