MAC Face and Body Foundation

Water, Dimethicone, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Butylene Glycol, PVP/Hexadecene Copolymer, Stearic Acid, Phenyl Trimethicone, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Ethylhexyl Hydroxystearate, VP/Eicosene Copolymer, Talc, Tocopherol, Tocopherol Acetate, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange), Fusanus Spicatus Wood oil, Xantham Gum, Triethanolamine, Polysorbate 20, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Cetyl Alcohol, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin [+/- Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Chromium Oxide Greens]

on 12/23/2004 4:31:00 PM

I was lured into trying MAC foundations because of their broad color spectrum. I have a horrible time finding a color in drugstore lines, so I figured I could find a good match in MAC. C3 was too dark on me, but it was the right color (yay!), so I'd imagine C2 would be a great match. I'll never know, though - I'm definitely not buying this again! It went on way too sheer for my needs (covering up winter redness). I had to put on 3 or 4 layers for it to even cover anything, and by then it looked cakey and fake. This is getting returned.

on 12/19/2004 10:57:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I've been using Studio Fix for years. I wanted something that was less powdery and more natural looking without heavy coverage. I tried this at the MAC store and loved it. The bottle is huge compared to the other liquid foundations and since I don't use a whole lot, this will go a long way. I apply with the 190 foundation brush, and use with either cream color bases on my cheeks or Benetint and my skin looks flawless.

on 12/17/2004 8:32:00 PM

HG! Sheer and natural and I LOVE it! Give me a natural glow, a "my skin but better" look. It goes on sheer but I go over my face w/ foundation brush & more product for areas that need more coverage. The formula is perfect for using a sponge, fingers or foundation brush and never streaks. Best part - I never feel like I am wearing "foundation". Actually it feels more like a tinted moisterizer and feels comfortable no matter what season - I just adjust my moisterizer I wear underneath instead of changing foundations. Love the packaging. Great color selection too. No complaints here. Would repurchase. I just hope there are no truth to the rumors that this product may be discontinued.

on 12/17/2004 8:06:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I've used many MAC foundations over the years - my favourite being Select Tint SPF 15. I bought this one because I have found that during the winter months, ST can look a little pasty on me. Face/Body is quite good; it's incredibly sheer and it evens out the skin. I dropped one lippie because I have a feeling it may be irritating my skin slightly (actually due to the cold weather and wind, I haven't quite discovered whether or not it is this foundation or simply mother nature that is causing redness!!). If you like the formula and find a good colour match, it is really good value. I use this in C4 (a little dark for the winter, but it is so sheer I can get away with it). I use NC40 in ST.

on 12/10/2004 4:06:00 PM

This foundation has got to be one of THE best ones I've ever used. The consistency of it is quite runny at first but as you rub this on to your skin, the moisture starts to get absorbed and it "thickens" up. The coverage is light and the finish is satin but I don't get terribly oily through out the day. My skin is rather dry and pale so I purchased C2 for my NC25 skin...its a perfect match. I've been using this for over 3 weeks and NO break outs. HG material for $34!

on 12/2/2004 12:43:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Like many of us, my quest for many years (and much, much, money) has been for a foundation that 1) compliments/matches my light to medium olive skin, 2) looks natural, 3) covers my adult breakouts and acne scars without worsening my problematic skin, and 4) long lasting...aka doesn't turn orange or flaky/greasy or melt off my face by noon. In a perfect world this foundation would be inexpensive and come in cute sanitary packaging. This sums up my HG. Having tried TONS of products from drugstore, to department store, to speciality salons and skincare lines, to several different mineral cosmetics, I was beginning to think that I was simply expecting too much from makeup. MAC's face and body seems to fulfill most if not all of my desires. I have it in C2, which is perfect for me in the wintertime (I may want a darker color in the summer time). I was worried based on other reviews that the coverage would be too light, or greasy. The coverage can be layered, and remains very natural and dewy looking without feeling like a heavy moisturizer. It is slightly water resistant and has good staying power, yet washes off skin easily with a good cleanser. The packeage in large, all though to get the coverage I like to cover some of my problem areas I might use more. 4 oz for $28 seems like a great price especially if it works for you. No break outs yet, but will update if problems develop. I have my fingers crossed that maybe my search is over!

on 11/24/2004 12:38:00 PM

I bought this on a whim because I already have another foundation I am very fond of (Future Skin) but I'm glad I did. The bottle is huge, so you get a lot for your money. The squeeze bottle makes it easy to control the amount you are putting on. I apply this with the MAC 187 Stippling (Skunk) brush and it goes on a like a dream. The coverage is on the sheer side, so I wear my Future Skin on days when I need more coverage, but wear this on average days. It's not matte but kind of dewey, until you put powder over it. It takes a minute to dry on your face, then it has great staying power. A winner!

on 11/7/2004 3:16:00 AM

This is an amazing foundation! It lives up to all the hype about its staying power and fantastic photo finish on the face! It took me a while to actually purchase this through GLOSS since the department stores do not carry the Face and Body..you'll only find it at the MAC Pro Stores. I normally wear Shiseido I2, MAC NC25-30, and Armani LSF #5 and so I purchased this in color C3. Surprisingly, it did not make me break out (unlike MAC's studio fix) and did not crease or increase the skin's oiliness factor at day's end due in part to the water-base formula. The other great aspect of this foundation is that it can be worn matte or dewy. Just brush sheer powder over for a matte finish or leave as is for the more dewy look. It's perfect for both sheer or medium coverage. Unlike some brands that will cake when more than one layer is applied, this nicely evens out rather than increase the appearance of heavy makeup. For those with the hygenic factor in mind, this comes with a squeeze bottle...perfect also for control. And $28.50 for a 4 fl oz bottle (that's a little over $7 per ounce)is a great investment! Specially considering that a ONE oz amount at Chanel can run you over $50...4 ounces would be over $120. Not bad...

on 10/25/2004 5:52:00 PM

HG, I can stop searching. And I think I've literally tried about 50 foundations over the last 15 years. It's the only thing that looks like my skin when I put it on, isn't heavy, lasts all day, and still looks like my skin at the end of the day.
Some say it's too oily, and it is when very first applied, but if you blot with a blotting paper or tissue, then brush studiofix or MAC blot on top, it lasts all day and looks so natural.
And I'm dry with many breakouts and it doesn't accentuate dry flakes.
If it had sunscreen too it would be almost too perfect!

on 10/12/2004 4:48:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I've had this foundation for a while now and never used it because I bought it a shade too dark. But after some long sunny vacation, now I can pull it off. I'm very impressed. I used it with Sonia Kashuk's Barely there loose powder. It gives my skin a nice glow. I love how this foundation is so light and sheer. Heave foundations tend to make me breakout. This foundation is best suited for someone with normal to dry skin. It doesnt last much on my oily skin.

Video Reviews & Tutorials