MAC Face and Body Foundation

Water, Dimethicone, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Butylene Glycol, PVP/Hexadecene Copolymer, Stearic Acid, Phenyl Trimethicone, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Ethylhexyl Hydroxystearate, VP/Eicosene Copolymer, Talc, Tocopherol, Tocopherol Acetate, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange), Fusanus Spicatus Wood oil, Xantham Gum, Triethanolamine, Polysorbate 20, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Cetyl Alcohol, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin [+/- Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Chromium Oxide Greens]

on 8/21/2006 3:22:00 AM

Had to try this after hearing about so many makeup artists using it on runways and photoshoots. I use C3.. great colour for asian skin! This foundation can be layered to increase coverage but it still stays quite sheer. In fact it looks so natural people ask me if I'm wearing foundation. It's not shimmery but gives you a nice dewy look. It dries out fast so I blend it quickly with my fingers. I used to use the MAC #190 foundation brush to apply it but found that it works better with my fingers. Overall, a great lightweight, natural looking foundation for everyday wear.

on 8/10/2006 9:39:00 AM

I really like this foundation i have normaly dry skin at times sensitive and i have been useing it a couple months with no problems im a n4 in this i love the finish sheer to med depending on how much you put on i can see people with oily skin not likeing this or with alot to cover but for girls with good complection this is GOOD!! and i dust a lil blot powder and it last most of the day and i live in florida it gets real hot although i want to try sff next i will buy again when i run out

on 7/4/2006 7:31:00 AM

I have always looked for foundation that i would stay with...F&B may just be it. I bought it after reading reviews here. Its weird and you need to get used to applying it - it requires a knack. If you put in the extra effort you skin will look amazing - set it with a little blot powder to tone down the shine a bit - i wear it over Dr. H Rose Day cream & it lasts all day.. It will be too greasy for oily skins, unless use very sparingly. It comes in a huge easy to use bottle too, so its reat value. i had lost a bit of faith in MAC but this may very well renew it.Edit: After 4 bottle of this its been elevated to HG status & full lippie count.

on 6/8/2006 4:29:00 PM

I have a love/hate relationship with f&b. My skin is insanely breakout-prone and this didn't give me problems which is practically worth a medal. I use C2 and stipple it on with a sponge because I think it looks more even that way. It's very sheer and you can layer, but it's never going to work it's way up to a medium coverage. Often, this is just what I'm looking for. On me, it needs to be set with loose powder because it's very shiny but after it's set, it looks great. While sheer, it really evens out my complexion and looks very natural. The problem is the staying power. Not good. I know it's supposed to be transfer-resistant, but I can't imagine how. By afternoon, the redness on my chin and nose has totally revealed itself and I'm powdering like crazy.

on 4/19/2006 9:27:00 AM

I've been playing about with shade samples for the past 3wks and I cannot work out what shade to buy! That said however, the foundtion itself is fantastic!!!
It looks super natural and is sooooo easy to work with. I am definately going to buy a bottle, as soon as I sort out what shade........... I think C3 is winning so far :) EDIT: 05-29-06 .. Ok, I played about with samples and ended up buying C3 and N4 and mixing them - the result is near perfection. I am NC usually, and mixing these 2 shades gives me the shade I am after. I mix them in a lil' MAC bottle which is better anyway because it is smaller for travel. I am in love with this foundation! Now I've found the absolute right shade I'm upgrading to a 5. I love the way the foundation looks, it's so great to apply, I just love it.

Just got a sample of this through MAC mail order and had to post! This product is great. I have pretty good skin normally but at the moment I'm having hormonal breakouts and my skin looks kind of dull because of no sleep. This foundation is very liquid, so really easy to apply, gives great coverage, a dewy finish, and has really woken my skin up. I look like a human being now, but the best thing is that I don't look like I'm wearing any make up! Brilliant.

on 3/16/2006 9:32:00 PM

Light, blendable, looks great powdered or not, no unsightly shimmery glitterly thingies, mixes well with cremes... Perfect product for a makeup artist... Has some staying power, and the shade selection is superb. A staple for my set bag, but not a foundation I can wear every day. Its a little rich for my oily t-zone, unfortunately. I love love love it for photos, though!

on 3/3/2006 12:59:00 PM

One of the few things from MAC I own, and I really like it. It gives nice, light but adequate coverage. Some foundations require a lot of "working in" to get it to blend into your face, but this absorbs really well. Also, it's one of the few MAC lines that come in a color yellow enough for me - a C3, which is a light yellow-tan (I am a lightish asian). This is great for those of you who have no red/pink tones in your skin.
The squeeze bottle is great for preventing over-doses and will never break or shatter on you. Also, this is a great price for FOUR OUNCES of foundation - unheard of!
I have oily-combo skin and I have never had any problems with this breaking me out or anything, but I do not have particularly sensitive skin.

so far so good with this foundation. i am oily and acne prone and i've actually been less oily since i've been using this. i apply with a MAC foundation brush and follow up with Studio Fix powder. i'm a C5 in the foundation and an NC43 in the powder. it gives me great coverage but isn't cakey or heavy.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is the most common foundation i use. I really love it for its light texture and buildable quality. One layer will lead you with a nice sheer but still giving a decent coverage while applying a second layer will give you more coverage without it looking cakey.

Its a little pricier BUT it comes in the HUGE bottle and it's easy to mix and blend shades together. It is also very moisturizing and it feels little more than lotion over the skin. You can layer it for more coverage (over the nose where pores are larger, under the eyes where skin is darker, etc. I also use a silicon based coverup for any problem spots if i need more coverage. The silicon based products mix very well with the face and body. That being said - i usually apply it using a foundation brush (it tends to get into those little places better) and as i get to the outer extremities of the face, i'm just blending out what is there so there isnt any real definite line. then i use a sponge to "buff" the skin which is just lightly going over their skin with the sponge to get off any excess foundation that doesnt need to be there. Then i top it all off with a setting powder which really makes a big difference. I mix a few of my setting powders together because i'm picky and like a certain mixture. haha. But i just dust it on top. My favorite brush to use is a synthetic blush brush with a flat top (personal favorite is mac 109 brush). Makes buffing the powder on easy. But really - any sort of blush or powder brush will work.

Keep them in a normal climate and make sure that you shake before using - sometimes the mixture gets a little separated but it mixes back together easily.

The downside of these foundations in my personal opinion is that they are as best suited for medium to light skintones as with the darker skintones (mostly african american) the colors seem to have a bit too much red in them for my personal tastes. They arent bad if you have a few colors to mix or if you are able to go into a pro store - or comparable store - not a counter - to check with an artist to find your personal shade. I wouldnt recommend buying off the website if you have dark skin color without testing it first.