MAC Face and Body Foundation

Water, Dimethicone, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Butylene Glycol, PVP/Hexadecene Copolymer, Stearic Acid, Phenyl Trimethicone, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Ethylhexyl Hydroxystearate, VP/Eicosene Copolymer, Talc, Tocopherol, Tocopherol Acetate, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange), Fusanus Spicatus Wood oil, Xantham Gum, Triethanolamine, Polysorbate 20, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Cetyl Alcohol, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin [+/- Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Chromium Oxide Greens]

I have quite bad skin and have generally tried heavier foundations to mask my flaws but I have since decided this isn't the route for day wear. While my heavier foundation is okay for night I feel as though I look quite unnatural during the day. I opted to try this foundation after reading positive reviews here as I never buy anything without reading a review first!!. Well i'm glad I did - This really is a great foundation. The coverage is a lot better than I expected as the consistancy feels really runny and it is quite strange at first. I though this wasn't going to cover anything but its really buildable without ever looking cakey or dry. I apply with my 190 foundation brush and stipple over the area with a sponge to avoid any streaks. It does give a dewy look which is okay for summer but I like to finish off with my MSF in Natural for a more matte look and to help with staying power. My skin looks so much better now - more like my own skin rather than a mask, but enough of my flaws are covered that I feel much more confident. I love the amount for the price too, I really feel as though this is a bargain when compared to the size of most foundations. I really love this Foundation - HG Product.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This is a HG foundation! And here are the reasons:

1. As others have stated before, it is light and you can do the whole natural, dewy look with this foundation.

2. The colour can be built, so you can get a nice medium coverage if you want and with a finishing/setting powder, it can look flawless.

3. I definitely like the colours better. In the MAC colour range NC is quite yellow. NW is quite pink. But the colour range for the MAC Face and Body Foundation is a little different. It uses C and N. C is still yellow but it has a little bit of pink. N on the other hand is pink but has some yellow in it. So itís not one extreme to another.

4. Itís great on almost all skin types and excellent for people with dark skin as it blends in beautifully (especially if you suffer a little bit of hyper-pigmentation like I do). I tend to use this professionally (bridal, photographic etc) and a lot of the time I donít even use a concealer. If the person has a lot of blemishes, I will use a concealer or a stick foundation.

5. For the amount that you get in the bottle, itís also value for money. I find that I don't have to use too much so a little goes a long way.

6. I love the bottle. Some people have complained that it gets messy but I find that I can take out as little or as much as I want and the bottle is easy to clean.

7. As the name states, it is also a body foundation, and it's great for covering minor to medium flaws on the body.

Okay, I have stated a lot of good points here, but almost every thing has a flaw. This may not relate to all of you, and I am speaking more from personal experience with this product. However, I am still very happy giving this product a five out of five!

1. When I use this product for a photo shoot for example, I tend to not use much powder to set the foundation as I can touch up the makeup on the model any time. However, on me personally (with combination skin) I tend to find that if I donít set this foundation with a translucent powder (or use a primer underneath), it can melt away.

2. Also in summer, this foundation on me needs to be blotted quite a bit. Iím envious about those of you who can wear this so naturally in summer and not have it look completely oily or melt, but I find that I have to touch up quite a bit.

Well there it is and sorry for the essay, but I do love this foundation and it is almost perfect!

I can't believe I haven't wrote a review on the amazing HG material foundation yet. Was lead to purchase due to kind feedback from other MUA reviewers. =)

This foundation... what can I say... Someone pls tell me how it manages to feel lightweight and sheer, allows your skin to shine through and yet still does a great job at covering up acne scars and blemishes? hahha... seems like quite a feat, but I do believe MAC F&B foundation has managed to pull it off!

I apply this with a makeup sponge because I feel that the runny consistency of this foundation creates streaks when I apply with MAC's foundation brush. A little goes a long way, and it coming in a huge bottle means one bottle lasts me about 9 months, with daily (sometimes twice a day) application.

I cover darker scars and undereye circles with my MAC Studio Finish concealer (another HG) after applying foundation, dust some pressed powder and I'm good to go! Looks like my skin, but glowy and better! This foundation hasn't irritated my sensitive and acne-prone skin, and has stood the test of humid Southeast-Asian weather and winter in NZ. I'm already on my 3rd bottle, so you can tell that I really heart this foundation!

For ref, I use NC30 in Select SPF15 and am C3 in F&B.

*I read some reviews and someone said they are discontinuing this. is this true?? pls reply! cos I really really hope it's not true!

Somehow it's one of the best foundation I've tried. Beats Lancome, Estee Lauder, Shiseido and Clinique foundations. I wear a NC 30 in Mac and bought a C4 in face and body foundation. The color is a perfect match. C3 is too light for me. I apply this with MAC brush 187, stipple it on my face then rub it all over. I use MAC loose powder to reduce the shine on the t zone area. It's very lightweight and with eye makeup, lipstick, and blush my skin looks flawless.

I never thought I'd say that but I think I found my HG foundation! After years of trying on HE or DS stuff that looked cakey or irritated my - very very sensitive I must say - skin, MAC f&b literally restored my faith in liquid foundations, even though I had some of my worst experiences with other foundations of the same brand. I really like it cause it's sheer but very buildable, without any cakiness involved. I always apply and blend it with my 187 brush and it gives me a flawless effect with a dewy finish. For all ladies who complain about the light coverage I'd suggest to use it with 187 and stipple it on your problem areas. I'm giving it's price 2 lippies (cause it's huge and you get a lot of product), it's packaging 3 (cause I prefer pump bottles) and an overall rating of 5 lippies cause it's a really unique, useful and practical foundation!

I started out using this product, left seeking other HG foundations from MUFE to Chanel to Giorgio Armani but in the end, I'm happy to come back to this very simple, clean, natural product.

This foundation is very light and can almost be used as a tinted moisturizer. Its also quite buildable and covers what needs to be covered. I especially love this product in the summer when I don't want to feel anything at all on my skin and I don't want to look made up. If your looking for a natural look without any bells and whistles, this may well be the product for you.

One of the most remarkable things about this product is its staying power. So far it is by far the longest lasting foundation I have tried. It even stays on in the water (up to a point of course). After spending the day at the pool, when I use my facial wipe at night I still have foundation coming off. Pretty impressive.

It comes in a 4 ounce plastic container with a small opening (allowing precision in amount used). The larger size at approximately $31 makes it a very affordable product. The fact that it has no SS is an added bonus so it won't interfere with the photostability of your regular sun screen.

I'm nc30ish olive and use this product in C3. I may try to blend up abit with C4 if I tan this summer. I'm beige 2 in chanel, and 5.5 in GA LSF

I don't think my hunt for my HG foundation will end here, but this is as close as I've come.

I'm using this foundation for several years now, I've tried a lot of foundations in the past and nothing beats the MAC face+body!!! I only use it for my face, it is very sheer and gives my face a very nice natural look (probably because it is so thin). I don't need a foundation to cover a lot because I have good skin, but I use this foundation to even the colour and to look even more healthier and glowing. I just love it! It's a huge bottle, I buy 1 every year. I've got a C4 in winter and C5 in summer. It's not a good foundation if you need it for more coverage. I also love that it is water based, it doesn't feel greasy at all.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

What a fabulous surprise...I generally hate MAC foundations b/c they tend to oxidize/turn orange on me within 20 minutes of application but this is an exception to the rule...this is a fabulous, thin, liquidy, sheer foundation (I'm C3) which is amazing for Summer. It's buildable too so you can layer it on for added coverage. It looks very natural. The bottle us HUGE and for the price, you get a lot for your money. I will definitely be repurchasing this.

Edit: Oct 6 2010. More and more I am convinced that MAC/EL has changed the formula of this product since I first bought it in 2001. It separates way too easily (just 6 months after purchase), and is definitely far less pigmented and more tacky. I am preferring MUFE's Face and Body foundation and will be using that, as I am not sure EL will ever revert MAC's F&B formulation back to its original glorious state.

I am NC20(Studio Fix fluid), NC25 in Studio Stick, but wear C3 in this. It has enough yellow for my Asian skintone.

Also, the MAC foundations I have tried (Studio Fix Fluid, Studio Stick, Studio Fix powder, Select Tint) have not caused me to break out. Face and Body is no exception.

Would I repurchase this? Hells yes. I have bought this over and over again over the past 8 years. It's a staple for me. It's foolproof, never looks made-up or cakey, and gives me a radiant, candlelit glow.

The foundation has a light, gel-like texture, with the pigment sort of suspended in it. It's very easy to blend, and has surprisingly good coverage for a product this sheer. A natural, flawless look can be achieved by applying sheer layer after layer of foundation. You can use fingers or a foundation brush (I use Smashbox's).

One thing though: it does NOT have a matte finish. You WILL need powder over this to matte down the sheen. A light dusting of MAC's Blot Powder with a powder brush works fine for me.

I have never worn foundation because I like my skin to look natural, but this foundation is sheer and makes my skin look natural but also flawless! I am really excited about this product and I hope they don't discontinue it in Canada.

Video Reviews & Tutorials