BeneFit Cosmetics Dandelion

4.1

Ingredients: talc, mica, calcium aluminum borosicicate, polyethylene, titanium dioxide (CI 77891), magnesium myristate, pentaerythrityl tetraethylhexanoate, C9-15 fluoroalcohol phosphates, zinc stearate, octyldodecyl stearoyl stearate, phenoxyethanol, bis-diglyceryl polyacryladipate-2, squalane, carmine (CI 75470), lecithin, iron oxides (CI 77491), methylparaben, tocopheryl acetate, fragrance (parfum), glycine soja (soybean) oil, tocopherol, iron oxides (CI 77492), BHT, retinyl palmitate, butylparaben, ethylparaben, limonene, alumina, isobutylparaben, propylparaben, linalool, hexyl cinnamal, benzyl salicylate, citral butylphenyl methylpropional, citronellol, eugenol.

on 10/10/2005 2:09:00 PM

I love this! I have a fair complexion and I was looking for a blush that didn't wash me out or make me look like a clown :) It has just the right amount of color and it kind of gives your face a little "glow" to it. Plus the box is absolutly adorable! I definatly reccomend this!

on 10/7/2005 1:43:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Look, finally someone is looking out for the fatally pale girls because this product is so light it would really only show up on them. BUT, if you happen to be one of those girls Dandelion creates the most feminine flush of color that can be played up or down for any occasion. Ever see those girls whose blush is so dark it looks like dirt on their faces? None of that with Dandelion, no siree...That being said, and while as it stands it is unproven, I think either the product or the brush is breaking me out...It seems that most people don't have this problem with blush but many of them break me out. I really hope that its just my imagination with this one.

on 10/5/2005 6:42:00 PM

the very popular blush seems not quite suitable to me,i mean the color, seems much more better using on fair skin.seems more healthy.

on 10/3/2005 11:40:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I love dandelion and can't believe that a blush could be exciting, but this one is. It's the box, the brush, the scent and most of all the COLOR! Love, love, love it.

on 10/3/2005 10:39:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This blush is wonderful. I can't imagine why anyone wouldn't love it! If I could have only one makeup product in my purse, this would be it. It gives you a beautiful "petal-like" glow that brightens your whole face. I see a lot of girls who wear way to much blush, and it's really hard to put on too much of Dandelion because it's so sheer and just the right color.

I've heard some people say it doesn't work with their skin tone. If you want a powder that will give you more of a warm/tan/brown look, you should try Georgia - basically Dandelion's tropical sister. I think Dandelion is great for most skin tones though. Personally I have a lot of yellow in my complexion and I find that Dandelion really helps liven up my skin.

I'm also a graphic designer so of course I adore the lovely packaging. $26 may seem like a lot to spend on blush, but this is pressed powder that will last you a loong time. I'm still using my very first box of Dandelion, and I can't even remember when I bought it, it's been so long! Not that I wouldn't buy it again if I ran out, I definitely would!

If you like this you should also try Benefit's Moon Beam or High Beam liquid highlighters. Just dot and blend some on your cheek and brown bones, and draw & blend a line down your nose (this makes the nose slimmer). Combined with Dandelion, you'll achieve the perfect sought-after "glow".

on 10/3/2005 4:39:00 AM

The colour is very light, didn't show much on my LLL, NC20 skintone much. I had to put on alot & still can't see much. It didn't brighten up my face as raved. So I always end up putting on another blush colour even after using this. I just can't go out with this on my face, I look so pale :( Kind of disappointed with it for its high price!

Edit: I'm reviewing this again for such a long time cos I've re-discover how to use this blusher! The secret actually lies on the brush! Many yrs back, I was using a very soft shu uemura blusher wool brush 20 or 17 & no colour show up when I applied. I've also tried using the brush that came with it in the box but also no colour show up.
The only brush that make this show on my face is MAC 129se. I've realised that if the brush is too soft, it cannot pick up enough of the powder & the powder does it press onto yr face, hence most of it will just be flying into the air, hence no colour show on my face. With MAC129se, although its much rougher in terms of texture, it can make those wonderful blusher appear very natural on my NC20 skintone. I hope this can help some others to re-discover this lovely blusher!

This "face brightener" does exactly that...it BRIGHTENS the face...and in such a pretty way. I love this product. It has a lovely, delicate scent, and while it is pricey, it lasts a LONG time...there is a ton of product in that adorable little square box. I would definately buy this again...it gives that innocent pink glow of youth.

on 9/24/2005 3:16:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I must start of by saying I am not a huge benefit fan. After getting caught up in the past benefit hype, i made some costly mistakes-- ie Dr. Feelgood, Lemon Aid, Benetint. All were average products with a high price tag.

I am a PPP with blonde (golden hued)hair and hazel eyes.. I had been desparately trying to find things to make my face from seeming so pale- almost garish. Bronzers make me look dirty, so I was hoping to find a nice blush. After doing my MUA homework- I apprehensively approached the benefit counter to try Dandelion... And- I LOVED IT! I can use it all over my face- and I really get a glow.. It is expensive, but i think it will last a while- and seeing the result on my face justifies the price in my eyes.. Packaging was so-so, but will work fine for me. I will say though- those benefit MA's are trained sales demons-- she was attempting to load me up on tons of other stuff I did not want or need, but I stood my ground and got my Dandelion.. I do think next time I need something from Benefit I will buy online in order to avoid the "hard sell."

on 9/24/2005 6:21:00 AM

If u need a pink blush then this is the perfect one for u , but the packaging is not that good , if u place it in your bag it will open and all the powder will spread. BUT I WILL BUY IT AGAIN , LOVELY PINK COLOR

on 9/23/2005 10:28:00 AM

Gorgeous, subtle, natural pale pink blush for PPP skin. The packaging is a pain - knocked off a lippy for the bulky cube it comes in. So I bought two to keep in work and at home. I've never done that with a blush. Usually I'm bored and searching for a new HG after a month. But this wakes me up when I'm looking grey.
Edit: You can pick up a very similar one for $1 if you have Aziza in a Dollar Store near you too.

Top Rated BeneFit Cosmetics Products