October 21, 2014 | 1339 users online

Moisturizers - Desert Essence - Jojoba Oil - 100% pure

rated 5 of 5 on 10/7/2005 2:41:00 AM More reviews by surrealmeal

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

My HG facial moisturizer. I use it morning and night. I have acne-prone, sensitive and dry skin and nothing has helped more, and I've tried a LOT. I even ditched my prescription acne treatment (Differin) for this, with better results. It makes a great base for foundation. I've been using it for almost 2 years now, and for the price and quality, I don't think I'll ever stop. I think everyone should try it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/3/2005 4:42:00 PM More reviews by xtinaxtina

I'm on Accutane & my skin has gotten very dry. I couldn't find a moisturizer that would do enough for me & I was afraid of using something that would make me break out. I've been using this for a week now & everything looks great! My skin isn't dry anymore but it isn't oily either! And so far, no breakouts! This might be good only for someone with somewhat dry skin, I'm not sure I'll keep using it after I'm off the Accutane, but I might. I'm seeing my derm tomorrow for the Accutane Monthly Check-In & I'm going to ask her what she thinks of using this. It comes in a kind-of squeezy flip-top bottle which is no good for just getting a little to use on your face (fine if you were putting it on your body which I haven't tried yet...) so I bought a cool-looking eyedropper bottle & that works well. If anything changes, I'll update, but so far this is great! UPDATE: Saw my derm, she said this was fine to use, & isn't this oil in a lot of moisturizers anyhow? So, yay, yay, yay! A cheap, easy, natural moisturizer! UPDATE 11/29/05 Still using this, still with no troubles! 12/29/05 My dosage got upped & my skin got even drier than this could handle, so I've switched to Alba Sea Plus Renewal cream, which is fantastic. I still highly recommend this for people with more normal dry skin issues. It worked really well for me for several months.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/25/2005 9:35:00 AM More reviews by Angelic80

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought some pure jojoba oil, not the Desert Essence one. I was sceptical at first, because my skin breaks out easily and is dry and oily at the same time.
After using this for the first time, I broke out pretty bad, but I persisted because it was that time of the month and I clearly suffered from hormonal spots.

It's been about 5 days since, and my skin looks great. The breakouts are clearing up and my skintone is nearly perfect. I never had such an even skintone in my entire life! I also noticed that my pores are getting smaller and less clogged up. I can't believe my eyes. I honestly thought nothing would work for that problem!

I use jojoba oil to moisturise with, just a couple of drops mixed with water. Sometimes I use it to take off makeup, but most days I use Ahava Mud Soap. It's a winning combination.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/25/2005 9:00:00 AM More reviews by barbre

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Violet

Also wrote a review some time ago, but now I don't use it so often on it's own. I add JUST 1 drop to my moisturizer (for now it's Avene's Hydrance optimale) a.m. and p.m. It boosts it's moisturizing properties, reduces flakes, and it isn't greasy. Skin gets softer and it's quite velvety. As so many repeated before me : LESS IS MORE. Anyway, you should experiment and find out how this great product works best for you!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/24/2005 6:41:00 AM More reviews by six_minutes

I bought this product eventually, after finding at my local Holland and Barratt for 6.95, I put 1 or 2 drops of it on my hands, then smear it onto my face after cleansing, it's wonderful for me. It might feel a bit greasy and oily, but after about 3-5 minutes, depending on how much you put on, it absorbs right in and leaves my face feeling lovely and smooth. I wish though, that they sold this product in a spray bottle instead of this one, but we'll see, will buy again :D

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/19/2005 9:34:00 PM More reviews by onitacy

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I agree with the previous reviewer - less is more. I put this in a small spray bottle, then spray it into the palm of my hand and massage into skin. Because its pure oil without fillers or thinners it will come out in a stream versus spray. This is a good thing - more control over application. Plus I also put it in my hair on humid days to control my waves. You can also add drops of chamomile, lavender or bergamot - all of which are great for your skin.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/16/2005 4:02:00 PM More reviews by jiney17

I wrote an earlier review for this, but I wanted to add that you can't just apply a lot of this straight from the bottle and expect it to help your skin, particularly if you are at all prone to oiliness (I have nutty combination skin). My method is to put about 1-3 small drops onto my damp face (usually after I remove most of my makeup with another cleanser) and massage it in for about a minute. Then I rinse well with warm water and maybe a bit of gentle cleanser and pat dry. This way, I deep clean my skin, remove excess makeup that my cleanser didn't get the first time (I don't use toner) and get some light moisture to boot. If you apply a palmful of this straight from the bottle to your dry face, all you'll get is a heavy-feeling, greasy residue that just sits there. Some people just use 1-2 drops as a night treatment/moisturizer on their dry faces, but I think that unless you are very dry-skinned, you should think of this as a treatment rather than as a moisturizer that you leave on your face. Of course, YMMV and you will have to experiment a bit to see which method works best for you. But please remember: less is more! continued >>

rated 1 of 5 on 9/16/2005 3:29:00 PM More reviews by ella05

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I read that jojoba oil is a light, non-greasy oil that absorbs rapidly and helps control sebum production, so I purchased a bottle of Desert Essence Organic Jojoba Oil with high hopes. Which were quickly deflated when I actually used the stuff. It felt...like oil. It didn't absorb well at all and left a greasy, sticky residue on my face that sent me running for the witch hazel when I could no longer stand feeling like I'd coated my face in slime. This may work well for dry skin, but is a no-no for oily skin like mine.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/24/2005 2:00:00 PM More reviews by blufunk

Great HG staple oil!! I use this for hair, to remove waterproof eye make-up, after bath treatment, cuticle oil...the whole nine yards. It's very lite, doesn't clog my acne prone skin and it's very moisturizing.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/22/2005 6:55:00 AM More reviews by Lauren21

don't know if i'd buy this again but when i put it on my face it just felt tooo greasy so i didn't like that at all. i think i'm going to try to put in hair and stuff and use as a hair oil though.