August 30, 2014 | 1835 users online

Moisturizers - Desert Essence - Jojoba Oil - 100% pure

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/24/2005 2:00:00 PM More reviews by blufunk

Great HG staple oil!! I use this for hair, to remove waterproof eye make-up, after bath treatment, cuticle oil...the whole nine yards. It's very lite, doesn't clog my acne prone skin and it's very moisturizing.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/22/2005 6:55:00 AM More reviews by Lauren21

don't know if i'd buy this again but when i put it on my face it just felt tooo greasy so i didn't like that at all. i think i'm going to try to put in hair and stuff and use as a hair oil though.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/14/2005 12:36:00 PM More reviews by msng

After reading so many great reviews, I purchased this (not the DE brand, but the 100% brand I could find at my health store - as I am in Canada) and I think it breaks me out into little whiteheads. I know some of the reviews said that that is the initial reaction and afterwards, the whiteheads will go away - but I really don't want to take the risk. Although, I do notice that the whiteheads do not eventually become pimples (as most of my whieheads usually do) but they just look like they are bumps under the skin. it has been almost two weeks since i first tried it and now all the bumps are almost gone and I would not like to have them come back again. i think maybe i will give this a try in the winter when my skin gets really dry - but until then, i don't think i will put it on my face unless i have one extremely dry patch or something.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/12/2005 9:08:00 AM More reviews by AcidCandy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I don't use the Desert Essence brand, I use another which is also 100% pure jojoba oil. I use jojoba to clean make up off at the end of the day, and this gets EVERYTHING off; the liquid foundation, powder, mascara, concealer and whatever else. When I finish off with toner, I'm used to seeing makeup on the cotton pad but not when I'm using jojoba oil. I've also just started to use it as a night-time moisturiser along with my BHA cream and I always wake up with really soft skin, there's no greasy residue at all.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/11/2005 1:25:00 PM More reviews by scj01

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Great as body lotion. Long lasting hydration when apply with some water on skin, but too oily for face. Natural ingredients.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/19/2005 7:38:00 AM More reviews by gschrom27

My review's pretty much just a reiteration of all the glowing reviews here. I don't use this as a moisturizer, I use this supplement my moisturizer, especially during the winter months. I was very hesitant to put any sort of oil on my face, but it has never caused me to break out in the least, and it really helps to clear up any sort of dryness etc.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2005 12:03:00 AM More reviews by bebop442000

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

i've been wasting my money on moisturizers with chemicals and fillers. this 100% natural oil is all i need to keep my skin moisturized, supple, smooth and free from bad breakouts (i still get the occasional pimple but no more cysts!). its definitely HG material. and so multi-functional...add a drop to your cleanser for added moisture, rub a drop or two in your scalp for volume at your roots, rub into your cuticles and other dry areas on your body...the list goes on. its cheap considering how little you use and how many different things you can use it for. i've had a 2 oz bottle that i've had for about 4 months and its juuuust starting to hit the half used mark. thanks mua for an unexpected GREAT find!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/30/2005 6:21:00 AM More reviews by evenstarangel

I love this stuff and so does my boyfriend. I put on a little before makeup if I just took a shower, or at night before going to bed. My boyfriend has been putting it on as an aftershave and he loves it. I haven't tried it as an aftershave, yet for my legs, but I'm sure it works wonderfully like he says.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/27/2005 11:02:00 PM More reviews by ceruleanbl85

i bought this product with high hopes after reading the reviews about it. i read that initially it might make me break out, so when i did i thought if i kept using it, it would eventually stop. after maybe 2 weeks though when i continued to break out i gave up on it. maybe it just doesn't work well with my combination skin, i'm not sure. in the future i may try again, but in the meantime i have been putting a little in my hair and it does make it shiny so i guess it wasn't a complete waste of money.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2005 3:53:00 AM More reviews by pixiedust28

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

Although I have very dry skin, I was still very weary about putting pure oil on my face. Boy am I glad that I did! The texture is not at all greasy but hard to pinpoint. It is almost velvety. I've only been using it a couple of days but I haven't had any breakouts what so ever. I notice an almost immdediate smoothness in my overall complection. Every woman should have beauty lineup. It is so versitile that everyone can find something to use it for. Its wonderful as a hotoil treatment for the hair and flawless moisturizer for the face and body.

I wasn't sure how much of the product to use, so I figured that less is more with an oil like this. The only problem is that it a little difficult to get only a few drops at a time out of the bottle. The top is one of those that you push one side down and the other pops up. I might just transfer it to a bottle with an eyedropper top.

I did buy the DE brand, but I could only find it online. I'm going to keep an eye out for the oil in other places, but I would definately order it again from the internet if I had to. You can order it directly from the DE website, but I got it from mothernature.com where you can also find other natural beauty product lines.