Desert Essence Jojoba Oil - 100 pure

4.3

Not tested on animals

Organic Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I read all of the glowing reviews here and ran out and bought a bottle of this in hopes that I would see the positive results others have experienced. Not so. I have been only using it for about a week and a half and my skin is looking worse and worse every day. It has caused my seborrheic dermatitis to flare up so badly that now my face looks like I have a sunburn. Also, I have developed small, bumpy-type acne on my forehead and whiteheads on my chin. Everything I have read about this oil says that it is recommended for people with oily,acne-prone, and sensitive skin. This description sums up my skin to a T. But, for some reason it is doing the complete opposite for me. **EDIT (3/27/06)** Ok, I totally have to take back everything I previously stated about jojoba oil. I wasn't patient with it and reviewed it too soon. I have been using it as my night time moisturizer for almost 2 months now and have finally seen the good results others have raved about. My skin still gets oily but, I have noticed a decrease in the amount of oil production. It works great in conjunction with BP to help combat the dry flakes I normally get. Overall, my skin feels much softer and smoother. It hasn't necessarily prevented any of my breakouts but, it definitely seems to soothe them as they are healing. Also, I have been applying this oil to my skin right after I shower when my skin is still damp and it makes my skin SO smooth and hydrated. I will definitlely repurchase when I run out :)

Just thought I would update my old review. This is one of the few products that I have used consistently over the past year, and I still love it- I don't use ACV anymore as my skin has improved significantly and also it is rather smelly- though if I get a pimple I will go back to it. I'm mystified by the last review saying don't ever put this on a dirty/made up face, what? I use this as a mu remover and have done so for many months now I am extremely acne/large pored/oily prone and I can tell you my skin has never been clearer! So ignore that nonsense it will not drag the dirt further into the skin , if like me you wear a fair bit of mu & sunscreen I would advise that you use a foaming cleanser & wash cloth to remove all residue after massaging Jojoba oil onto the face, my face is pristinely clean & I have no flakeys at all. BTW my favourite foaming cleansers to use with this are Ahava's Purifying Mud Soap, Desert Essence Thoroughly Clean with Awahpui (sp?) & Mario Badescu's Glycolic foaming cleanser, thogh these may be a little drying for normal types. In which case a very mild cleansing gel, or cream cleanser with a toner may be a better option.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Love it!

I use it on my face after cleansing. (Don't ever put this on your face when your face is dirty/covered in makeup, it absorbs into pores and brings with it whatever is on your skin. Good if your skin is wet though!)

I also slather some on while still wet from the shower. It traps the moisture in my skin and it's awesome!

I also use it to moisturize my hair, either added to my conditioner or straight to wet ends. It doesn't really add shine, but it helps with the health of my hair.

Overall, LOVE IT.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I apply this directly to my dry, thick, curly hair to control frizz. It works wonderfully for that purpose (terrible on my skin though). For reference, I am black and asian.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Wow. My adult acne is clearing up, my pores are smaller, my skin is more even toned and smooth. My make-up goes on better. Who'da-thunk putting oil on your face would make your skin clear? I can't believe it. I was way skeptic, but all the reviews were so good, I had to try it. It makes my skin feel healed. The instant I put it on, I'm like, "Ahhh, relief." Like other gals said, just a drop or two in the palm of your hand, rub your hands together and then place them on your face (I don't rub it in, I just put my hands on my face and it absorbs in). Thanks to all who recommended this product! If so many of you hadn't raved about it, I probably wouldn't have given it a chance.

This is a very good moisturizer for sensitive skin. The times when my skin was sensitive (i.e. often and recently) and no other product worked this one was good. Did not make me itch or red. Good for acnegenic or clogged skin as it not only doesn't clog pores but helps clear them and keep them clear. Excellent scalp moisturizer when you have itchy scalp and has oil treatment for hair. Highly recommended. Light unoffensive smell. Golden jojobas like this one are better than ones with a watered down white / clear color. :)

I have oily/acne-prone skin but get dried out from using my acne medication in the winter months. I decided to give this a try after reading the reviews. This stuff is great. I have had no breakouts from it and it has solved my dry skin problem. I only use 2 drops and it does wonders. I never thought I'd be putting oil on my oily skin, but I'm glad I gave it a shot.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

What to say!!! Everything has already been said. My face glows, my hair is shiny. The best product ever.

I read the reviews on this and had to try it. Well it does what every one says it does and MORE! I use it to remove my eye makeup and I also use it under my makeup everyday as a moisturizer. I have combo oily T-zone skin and never would think to use an oil as a moisturizer because I have acne prone skin. Well this has not caused any breakouts--in fact, my skin seems clearer and more even toned. I also used it on my scalp and the ends of my hair--leave on for about 10 minutes and wash out. I love it! Thanks to all the positive reviews on this or I would have never found this wonderful product.

This did not work on my face but as an in-shower body moisturizer nothing beats it. I like to take super hot showers even though I know it's really bad for my skin especially in the winter but now that I have this stored in my shower I can use all the hot water in the house and still have silky smooth skin. I just smooth it on just before I get out of the shower and pat myself dry...love it and it lasts forever.

Video Reviews & Tutorials