January 28, 2015 | 1415 users online

Moisturizers - Desert Essence - Jojoba Oil - 100% pure

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/9/2005 2:47:00 PM More reviews by rossjen

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is light and does not aggravate my acne, as a matter of fact, it seems to help heal my skin. I love the glow it leaves with just using a couple of drops. It is also a wonderful body moisturizer, even though it is pricey. Great multi-use product that I will purchase over and over.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/9/2005 2:44:00 AM More reviews by Bijou7

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Great for my coarse hair. Really, the only thing that's ever worked, beating even silicones. Must be because it works WITH my hair, instead of just coating it. I usually run about 3 drops of jojoba oil through my hair after towel drying for calm, silky results. Also beautiful for the skin, and I'm very oily. As the previous reviewer stated, why use chemical-laden products when natural works better--and is safer? Lush's Babyface cleanser and jojoba oil--that's all I need!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/4/2005 8:59:00 PM More reviews by freyja_xi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I work for a professional herbalist and clinical aromatherapist who frequently recommends jojoba oil to people with skin problems. All of his skin serums contain it. Jojoba oil is the closest thing to your skin's natural sebum so it is the perfect moisturizer. It also is THE PERFECT makeup remover! Won't pull or tear the skin, heals it, and nourishes it. I can't speak highly enough of jojoba oil. There really isn't any excuse to use manufactured stuff when you can get something pure and simple that is so compatible with the skin. This stuff will not make you break out, provided you don't over-use it. I dab it on slightly damp skin, sometimes spreading it with a cottonball. Gives you a dewy glow that fades to a smooth matte finish. Just don't use to straight, 100% because that WILL make you break out. Look online for recipes, especially with apricot kernel.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 11/24/2005 2:38:00 AM More reviews by BlueRed

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I've tried this over and over, kept hoping it would work for me because I really like the way it feels, but I have to acknowledge that it makes me break out in random spots (I am 43 and have very dry skin). Also, it irritates my eyes if I get too close. I might try adding some of it to my shampoo, I just read that suggestion, but it never seems to work straight out of the bottle for my hair (and I have very dry hair, usually using Therasilk s & c, followed by Fredric Fekkai Glossing Cream).

Too bad.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/22/2005 1:26:00 PM More reviews by honey71

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Black

Yes the packaging sucks. I use this at night, and my skin is so less oilier when i wake up, which is great. I need to explore the other uses of this, sometimes I use it as a moisturizer, before shampooing and massage into my scalp. ***ETA: woot woot! I wish I could upgrade this from my previous 5 lippies! At night I now put a few drops on a wet, disposible cleansing pad and wash my face with that. My skin has improved since ( 4 days ago!)

rated 5 of 5 on 10/30/2005 3:23:00 AM More reviews by meru

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have heard alot of positive reviews about jojoba oil everywhere. i heard that it is good for oily/acne prone skin and therefore i decided to give it a try. last night i tried on Desert Essence's jojoba oil. i applied a small/tiny amount onto my damp face and then patted my face. at first it was very oily and greasy but after half an hour i was amazed at how my skin was getting more and more matte! this morning i woke up and noticed the two red pimples that were on my forehead for around a week had turned into whiteheads! this probably means that they will be able to go away soon. my face also feels moisturised and soft (but not that soft compared to other products that i have used). i cleansed my face with my usual gental seba soap. then i applied the jojoba oil again. i can feel that i will break out soon as there are little whiteheads on some parts of my face. i have also got a sore spot on top of my lip which i think will develope into a pimple.. some say it is jojoba doing its job and bringing all the dirt to the surface of the skin so i will wait and try it for 1-2 weeks. i will come back and update!

----------------------------------

YAY! this product does not break me out, instead my face feels clean and alive XD. i think it is slowly clearing my face as hormonal acne for this month is not as bad as before. it does not have major effects but moisturises and is comfortable on the face. i will definitely repurchase!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/27/2005 1:27:00 PM More reviews by flairgirl8

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Desert essence is not the only brand of jojoba oil that I use as I find that they are all pretty good. I use jojoba oil all over my body as it is similar in structure to the skins sebum so it absorbs well into the skin, hair and nails. It makes a great night treatment for eyelashes. Twice a day I apply to my nails and cuticles. I add a drop to my facial serum/moisturizer and blend in. Once or twice a week I warm 1 Tablespoon jojoba add some essential oils and massage into my hair for a deep conditioning hair and scalp treatment. Jojoba oil is great for balancing the sebum on the scalp. I have dry hair and an oily scalp and jojoba oil has really helped me out with this problem. I add a drop to 1/2T of shampoo to moisturize my hair and also if needed will rub a drop and a little water to use for flyaway and frizzy ends on my hair. Also will mix some into my body lotion in the winter when I need extra nourishing. In general, a little oil goes a long way.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/22/2005 1:38:00 AM More reviews by zoegirl1987

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other Eyes: Other

Everything breaks me out these days but this doesn't. So I use it to remove my eye makeup, to moisturize my face AND body(amazing hand moisturizer, be sure to use on damp skin and then be prepared for super smooth and soft skin) and I use it to shave with(no irritation EVER). It's great for so much. It's also awesome on many people's hair. I wish it worked great on my hair but unfortunately my curls really don't do well with oil, but if they did you can sure as heck bet jojoba oil would be my first choice.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/21/2005 11:49:00 AM More reviews by sunnyvalebaker

I love this product. I use 1-2 drops to massage my face, follow by Purpose Gentle Cleansing Wash.
It is also good as a eye makeup remover.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/14/2005 9:55:00 PM More reviews by FaaipDeOaid

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I tried this as a moisturizer for my face and hair and didn't like it that much. It wasn't bad, but i'd rather just stick with my regular creams and moisturizers. I started using this as an eye makeup remover and it's great... really gentle and moisturizing for use around my eye area.. and it gets my eyeliner off easily with not too much rubbing. I will repurchase for this purpose.