Desert Essence Jojoba Oil - 100 pure

4.3

Not tested on animals

Organic Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil.

on 1/7/2006 2:27:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

What to say!!! Everything has already been said. My face glows, my hair is shiny. The best product ever.

on 1/6/2006 8:29:00 AM

I read the reviews on this and had to try it. Well it does what every one says it does and MORE! I use it to remove my eye makeup and I also use it under my makeup everyday as a moisturizer. I have combo oily T-zone skin and never would think to use an oil as a moisturizer because I have acne prone skin. Well this has not caused any breakouts--in fact, my skin seems clearer and more even toned. I also used it on my scalp and the ends of my hair--leave on for about 10 minutes and wash out. I love it! Thanks to all the positive reviews on this or I would have never found this wonderful product.

on 1/4/2006 1:53:00 PM

This did not work on my face but as an in-shower body moisturizer nothing beats it. I like to take super hot showers even though I know it's really bad for my skin especially in the winter but now that I have this stored in my shower I can use all the hot water in the house and still have silky smooth skin. I just smooth it on just before I get out of the shower and pat myself dry...love it and it lasts forever.

on 1/4/2006 12:42:00 AM

I purchased 100% organic jojoba in bulk from my local health food store as it tends to be more fresh than the manufactured variety. I've used moisturizers irregularly, finding that my sensitive dry skin doesn't tend to do well with
chemicals. Jojoba oil is the first moisturizer I've actually used regularly, and I love it! I use it on damp skin, and literally use 1-2 drops then massage into my face.
My skin actually glows, and not just from the top layer in a superficial
'my-moisturizer-has-mica-in-it' kind of way. I haven't broken out in full on pimples and I'm going on a month using this along with Reviva 10% glycolic acid creme. The one thing I have noticed is a purge of blackheads which are barely noticeable and I zap them with a whipped egg white mask then follow with green tea and lavendar toner. My skin is definitely deeply clean and happily moisturized.
Why waste money on products that 'contain natural ingredients!' when you can have them directly =)

on 12/20/2005 5:17:00 PM

I too purchased this after reading reviews. I have been using MAC skincare for a couple of years and my skin was perfect for a while, but then these past couple of months I broke out really bad and MAC stuff seemed to make it worse. I tried jojoba and so far it is working really well along with oil of olay regenerist cleanser. My skin hasn't been as red and when I do have a pimple it's not as bad. So far so good, I do recommend tying this. By the way I have sensitive,acne prone skin.UPDATE: I now think this stuff sucks. Used for a month and my skin was broken out everyday.I used it along with Olay's regenerist scrub, so I don't know which one was making my skin break out. But I have stopped using and am now clearing up.

on 12/11/2005 11:21:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Eyes: Violet

My skin was a mess, and after searching several reviews on here I decided to give joboa oil a try. I have acne prone skin and rosacae. I had been using Cetaphil, but it just wasn’t working for me anymore. My skin was both dry and I was having constant breakouts. I did experience an increase in breakouts the first week or so, but then my skin settled down now is wonderfully soft and smooth.

I purchased a brand other than Desert Essence because it was cheaper. The packing on the brand was awful, and I had to transfer to another bottle. Other than that, I love this product.

on 12/9/2005 2:47:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

This is light and does not aggravate my acne, as a matter of fact, it seems to help heal my skin. I love the glow it leaves with just using a couple of drops. It is also a wonderful body moisturizer, even though it is pricey. Great multi-use product that I will purchase over and over.

on 12/9/2005 2:44:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Great for my coarse hair. Really, the only thing that's ever worked, beating even silicones. Must be because it works WITH my hair, instead of just coating it. I usually run about 3 drops of jojoba oil through my hair after towel drying for calm, silky results. Also beautiful for the skin, and I'm very oily. As the previous reviewer stated, why use chemical-laden products when natural works better--and is safer? Lush's Babyface cleanser and jojoba oil--that's all I need!

on 12/4/2005 8:59:00 PM

I work for a professional herbalist and clinical aromatherapist who frequently recommends jojoba oil to people with skin problems. All of his skin serums contain it. Jojoba oil is the closest thing to your skin's natural sebum so it is the perfect moisturizer. It also is THE PERFECT makeup remover! Won't pull or tear the skin, heals it, and nourishes it. I can't speak highly enough of jojoba oil. There really isn't any excuse to use manufactured stuff when you can get something pure and simple that is so compatible with the skin. This stuff will not make you break out, provided you don't over-use it. I dab it on slightly damp skin, sometimes spreading it with a cottonball. Gives you a dewy glow that fades to a smooth matte finish. Just don't use to straight, 100% because that WILL make you break out. Look online for recipes, especially with apricot kernel.

on 11/24/2005 2:38:00 AM

I've tried this over and over, kept hoping it would work for me because I really like the way it feels, but I have to acknowledge that it makes me break out in random spots (I am 43 and have very dry skin). Also, it irritates my eyes if I get too close. I might try adding some of it to my shampoo, I just read that suggestion, but it never seems to work straight out of the bottle for my hair (and I have very dry hair, usually using Therasilk s & c, followed by Fredric Fekkai Glossing Cream).

Too bad.