Desert Essence Jojoba Oil - 100 pure

4.3

Not tested on animals

Organic Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil.

on 12/20/2005 5:17:00 PM

I too purchased this after reading reviews. I have been using MAC skincare for a couple of years and my skin was perfect for a while, but then these past couple of months I broke out really bad and MAC stuff seemed to make it worse. I tried jojoba and so far it is working really well along with oil of olay regenerist cleanser. My skin hasn't been as red and when I do have a pimple it's not as bad. So far so good, I do recommend tying this. By the way I have sensitive,acne prone skin.UPDATE: I now think this stuff sucks. Used for a month and my skin was broken out everyday.I used it along with Olay's regenerist scrub, so I don't know which one was making my skin break out. But I have stopped using and am now clearing up.

on 12/11/2005 11:21:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Eyes: Violet

My skin was a mess, and after searching several reviews on here I decided to give joboa oil a try. I have acne prone skin and rosacae. I had been using Cetaphil, but it just wasn’t working for me anymore. My skin was both dry and I was having constant breakouts. I did experience an increase in breakouts the first week or so, but then my skin settled down now is wonderfully soft and smooth.

I purchased a brand other than Desert Essence because it was cheaper. The packing on the brand was awful, and I had to transfer to another bottle. Other than that, I love this product.

on 12/9/2005 2:47:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

This is light and does not aggravate my acne, as a matter of fact, it seems to help heal my skin. I love the glow it leaves with just using a couple of drops. It is also a wonderful body moisturizer, even though it is pricey. Great multi-use product that I will purchase over and over.

on 12/9/2005 2:44:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Great for my coarse hair. Really, the only thing that's ever worked, beating even silicones. Must be because it works WITH my hair, instead of just coating it. I usually run about 3 drops of jojoba oil through my hair after towel drying for calm, silky results. Also beautiful for the skin, and I'm very oily. As the previous reviewer stated, why use chemical-laden products when natural works better--and is safer? Lush's Babyface cleanser and jojoba oil--that's all I need!

on 12/4/2005 8:59:00 PM

I work for a professional herbalist and clinical aromatherapist who frequently recommends jojoba oil to people with skin problems. All of his skin serums contain it. Jojoba oil is the closest thing to your skin's natural sebum so it is the perfect moisturizer. It also is THE PERFECT makeup remover! Won't pull or tear the skin, heals it, and nourishes it. I can't speak highly enough of jojoba oil. There really isn't any excuse to use manufactured stuff when you can get something pure and simple that is so compatible with the skin. This stuff will not make you break out, provided you don't over-use it. I dab it on slightly damp skin, sometimes spreading it with a cottonball. Gives you a dewy glow that fades to a smooth matte finish. Just don't use to straight, 100% because that WILL make you break out. Look online for recipes, especially with apricot kernel.

on 11/24/2005 2:38:00 AM

I've tried this over and over, kept hoping it would work for me because I really like the way it feels, but I have to acknowledge that it makes me break out in random spots (I am 43 and have very dry skin). Also, it irritates my eyes if I get too close. I might try adding some of it to my shampoo, I just read that suggestion, but it never seems to work straight out of the bottle for my hair (and I have very dry hair, usually using Therasilk s & c, followed by Fredric Fekkai Glossing Cream).

Too bad.

on 11/22/2005 1:26:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

Yes the packaging sucks. I use this at night, and my skin is so less oilier when i wake up, which is great. I need to explore the other uses of this, sometimes I use it as a moisturizer, before shampooing and massage into my scalp. ***ETA: woot woot! I wish I could upgrade this from my previous 5 lippies! At night I now put a few drops on a wet, disposible cleansing pad and wash my face with that. My skin has improved since ( 4 days ago!)

on 10/30/2005 3:23:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I have heard alot of positive reviews about jojoba oil everywhere. i heard that it is good for oily/acne prone skin and therefore i decided to give it a try. last night i tried on Desert Essence's jojoba oil. i applied a small/tiny amount onto my damp face and then patted my face. at first it was very oily and greasy but after half an hour i was amazed at how my skin was getting more and more matte! this morning i woke up and noticed the two red pimples that were on my forehead for around a week had turned into whiteheads! this probably means that they will be able to go away soon. my face also feels moisturised and soft (but not that soft compared to other products that i have used). i cleansed my face with my usual gental seba soap. then i applied the jojoba oil again. i can feel that i will break out soon as there are little whiteheads on some parts of my face. i have also got a sore spot on top of my lip which i think will develope into a pimple.. some say it is jojoba doing its job and bringing all the dirt to the surface of the skin so i will wait and try it for 1-2 weeks. i will come back and update!

----------------------------------

YAY! this product does not break me out, instead my face feels clean and alive XD. i think it is slowly clearing my face as hormonal acne for this month is not as bad as before. it does not have major effects but moisturises and is comfortable on the face. i will definitely repurchase!

on 10/27/2005 1:27:00 PM

Desert essence is not the only brand of jojoba oil that I use as I find that they are all pretty good. I use jojoba oil all over my body as it is similar in structure to the skins sebum so it absorbs well into the skin, hair and nails. It makes a great night treatment for eyelashes. Twice a day I apply to my nails and cuticles. I add a drop to my facial serum/moisturizer and blend in. Once or twice a week I warm 1 Tablespoon jojoba add some essential oils and massage into my hair for a deep conditioning hair and scalp treatment. Jojoba oil is great for balancing the sebum on the scalp. I have dry hair and an oily scalp and jojoba oil has really helped me out with this problem. I add a drop to 1/2T of shampoo to moisturize my hair and also if needed will rub a drop and a little water to use for flyaway and frizzy ends on my hair. Also will mix some into my body lotion in the winter when I need extra nourishing. In general, a little oil goes a long way.

on 10/22/2005 1:38:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other

Everything breaks me out these days but this doesn't. So I use it to remove my eye makeup, to moisturize my face AND body(amazing hand moisturizer, be sure to use on damp skin and then be prepared for super smooth and soft skin) and I use it to shave with(no irritation EVER). It's great for so much. It's also awesome on many people's hair. I wish it worked great on my hair but unfortunately my curls really don't do well with oil, but if they did you can sure as heck bet jojoba oil would be my first choice.