Cetaphil Moisturizing Cream

4.2

Water, Petrolatum, Glyceryl Polymethacrylate, Dicaprylyl Ether, Glycerin, Dimethicone, Glyceryl Stearate, Cetyl Alcohol, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, PEG-30 Glyceryl Stearate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Benzyl Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Hydroxide, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Dimethiconol, Disodium EDTA, Propylene Glycol.

on 11/14/2004 6:35:00 PM

I have sensitive combo Asian skin and this cream feels heavy and greasy on. The texture of the cream makes me feel as if my skin can't breathe through the layer of this cream and it takes forever to absorb, hours later I still feel like there's something sitting on top.

The first month of using this I went through horrible breakouts with my skin trying to adjust to this. After a break I went back to it and it hasn't caused that much of an irritation (now it's mostly a blotchy reaction). My pores get clogged by this and I use this cream sparingly. It also makes some parts of my face very dry, flaky (ie. temples, jawline, chin, sides of mouth) with some cystic zits and white heads showing up in places where I never get them. So basically I can't get uniform moisturization/results from this cream; greasy some parts, dry others with some clogged pores here and there.

If I was to buy this again (which I probably won't) I would use it on my body but I still think it's too greasy and thick for that. For example the cream did not absorb into my skin during a two hour lecture. It just ended up making my pen slip out of my greased up fingers while trying to write notes. continued >>

on 11/13/2004 2:38:00 PM

This is the best moisturizer i've ever used. I have normal skin so I don't get that really shiny look. It's just so emollient and leaves my skin softer than anything. This stuff is so cheap and unlike others I use this year round and it gives me a flawless dewy look that I just love.

on 11/10/2004 12:53:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

pure, non irritating product with non greasy feel that is rich with moisture and leaves skin silky smooth and soft. i use it especially on my elbows and legs, where i am extra dry. it is food for my hungry skin!

on 11/6/2004 9:41:00 PM

Not bad at all! Its currently working wonders on fixing my 'post cold' flakies!

4 stars because its cheap too! It may not be CDLM, but it works pretty well for me!

on 11/3/2004 3:20:00 PM

Staple! Great stuff! I don't use it everyday but have normal to dry skin and put it on when I feel I need it under my makeup when my skin is flaky. Only need a thin layer. I don't find it greasy.

on 11/2/2004 3:22:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Sorry, gals, I was very disappointed in this product. I want some hard core thick-as-icing emollient cream for my dry face and this stuff failed miserably. It goes on nicely with a little slip, but absorbs quickly into nothing. My face was actually feeling tight about 20 minutes after applying. I will stick to the greasier stuff out there like well, Vaseline when all else fails. Or Mary Kay's Emollient Night Cream or Jurlique's Day Cream.

on 10/26/2004 12:25:00 PM

A great moisturizer when skin is very dry/flaky because its very greasy. The tube lasts a long time, for me that is.

omg i can't live without this cream. i have combo skin with very very dry cheeks and very very oily t-zone. i bought this cream at costco becasue it was so cheap and i love creams. i thought if it didn't work on my face, i'd just use it as a body cream. the cream is very thick and is fragrance free. it went on smoothly and made my makeup look so dewy and nice! i suffer from acne on my chin but this didn't break me out at all. a little goes a long way, i use this on my face and all over my body. =) give it a try!

on 10/11/2004 4:20:00 PM

I'm a body lotion junkie with very dry skin, but I think this is where my search ends! It's very rich, thick without being too thick, not greasy. I sometimes use it on my face as a night cream. I love the wide mouth plastic tub - I can scrape every last bit out unlike tubes or pumps. The big tub costs about $11 and often goes on sale for under $10 on drugstore.com. I've tried cetaphil lotion and did not like it much, it was a bit greasy and not as moisturizing as I like, but the cream is perfect.

on 10/8/2004 5:01:00 PM

I used this for a month or two last winter and it seemed to work really well for awhile but then it made me break out. I think it was just too heavy. May be better for short term or occasional use unless you have EXTREMELY dry skin. EDIT: I'm upping this from 3 lippies to 5 because NOTHING works better on my forehead in the winter! I don't need this much moisture on my whole face, but this is the only thing that keeps my forehead from flaking off once the weather gets cold. Sinks in immediately, doesn't feel greasy, and, if you get it in the tube, the packaging is ideal. EDIT AGAIN: This sat in my cabinet for several years gathering dust while I experimented with one product after another, each one more expensive than the next. I'm not even sure what made me pull it out again but I did and am SO glad I remembered it. My skin is now much drier than when I first tried it (hormones) and I can use this twice a day all over my face and neck and my skin LOVES it. No breakouts, no redness, just lovely glowing skin. Now I can save myself several hundred dollars a year!