October 31, 2014 | 1188 users online

Liquid - NARS - Sheer Glow Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 4/28/2010 2:13:00 PM More reviews by emilyking27

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Other

Ive only had this foundation for 4 days but love it so much, i feel compelled to write a review. Having read many mixed reviews on this product i had to try it for myself and at a hefty £29 from space nk, it had a lot to live up to. This foundation is wonderful. I am painfully pale and struggle to find foundations that make me look alive and not ghostly. Step up Nars Sheer Glow. My skin looks radiant and i don't have to set it with powder. I feel more confident because i know my skin looks at its best and have had compliments on my "radiance". Hence, i would definitely recommend this foundation to those with combination skin who want a contented glow. However, i think it it essential to find a perfect match for your skin in order to achieve a natural looking glow and achieve all the benefits of this foundation - especially given the price.
EDIT - I have this foundation in the shade "siberia" which is not the lightest shade but made me look the least ghostly. Would still recommend but having to set with powder now that summer has arrived. The coverage is poor but when my skin is good this foundation is ideal.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/28/2010 12:09:00 AM More reviews by StellaCH

This comes in a bottle with a lid. No pump. It makes the application difficult and messy. Barcelona is the colour I chose It is described as Medium with yellow and peach undertones. Way too dark and yellow /orange.. I am not taking away rating for that b/c that was my own fault. I have a feeling these colours throw a lot of yellow and orange. It looked a bit darker than my skin upon appplication but after a bit it turned even darker, it sank into my pores and it looked horrible. It also gave me a big cyst on my jaw line. Coverage is very light. I tried to build it up but it looked too unnatural.Staying power not than impressive either.
I tried mixing it with other foundations but the colour turns orange even if I put a tiny dot of the nars.
Imo if you have good skin and you manage to find a good colour it can look good. The only positive is that it feels great on. I forget it's there.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/27/2010 9:27:00 PM More reviews by parkenjo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Ok Ladies, this is my first review on MUA but I just had to chime in. I'm a NW45 with red and yellow undertones. It's very hard for me to find the right color. Even the NW45 is a bit dark but the tones are correct and even my skin so I deal with it. I'd heard soooo much about the NARS Sheer Glow foundation that I just had to try it. First I got Cadiz which was too light then New Orleans but was too dark then settled with Macao which was chosen by the sa at the Nars counter. Ok ummm where do I begin? The color was too yellow for my skin, the product lasted about 1-2 hours before it sunk into my pores and had me looking like I'd just ran a marathon, and it's sheer but "buildable" NOT if you put too much on it's looks very unatural and made up. I thought the foundation was very pretty on. It has a nice angelic glow to it and photographs very well. But day to day usage I found that it just didn't cut it especially for the price. It does however even out your skin tone due to an herb added into the mixture (I forgot the name, it starts with a t) So overall it's ok. But nothing super special imo. If you find the right color you'd probably like it. It worked a lot better with a healthy heaping of primer (loreal perfectionist is what I use) Powder didn't seem to help either. It's on it's way back. :(

rated 5 of 5 on 4/27/2010 9:00:00 PM More reviews by mazikeen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

DESCRIPTION: NARS liquid foundation, marketed towards drier skins, but good for combination skin as well. The bottle needs a pump like I need my Glenlivet 25, but you can transfer to a smaller container to avoid as much contamination. The name can be misleading--I found it to be semi-matte, which I actually prefer. Most importantly, it does not make my very sensitive skin break out.

COLOR: I find the line to have some of the best yellow-based light shades. While MUFE gets popular votes for covering a wide range of skin tones, I personally have gotten the best match with this foundation. I wore MUFE Face and Body in Ivory (20) but still found it leaning too peachy and not golden enough. I wear Ceylan, mixed with a varying amount of Fiji. (NOTE: DO NOT BE FOOLED BY THE RANKING--Ceylan is actually lighter than Fiji.)

TEXTURE: Excellent. Light and creamy like the Greek yoghurt I had for lunch. Wears well over my 16-hour days, doesn't fade, transfers only towards the end of the night. It's considered a "sheer" foundation, but I find the coverage to be light-medium. While you'll probably still need a concealer for spot concealing, I've gotten away with just the foundation for under my eyes.

OVERALL: Holy Grail. My make-up tastes are simple--no-hassle, superlative quality, fits with my lifestyle (16-hour days, conservative workplace, wash-and-wear, price-conscious). I can mix it with my sunscreen for a tinted moisturizer, or I can layer it for more coverage. While it's too bad it costs close to $45 with tax, I'm willing to pay for quality, and this is currently the best foundation I've used.

FYR I have light, sensitive NC-20ish Asian skin, more on the yellow than the peachy end of the spectrum. I have small pores, no fine lines, and normal skin that scars and marks easily. Black hair, the equivalent of black eyes, pigmented lips.

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/27/2010 3:25:00 AM More reviews by HotSouthernDiva

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

As a MUA since I was seventeen, soon to be forty-four, I have always been in a constant quest for the perfect foundation. I normally wear cream foundation because I love full coverage. But as a You-Tube addict, this foundation has been all the buzz. So naturally I had to purchase it. And much to my surprise, the buzz was absolutely correct. The first thing that I liked is Nars had a wide color selection. I normally have to mix two colors together. Tahoe is an exact match. The color is build-able to whatever intensity I need. My professional position is a critical care RN that works twelve hour shifts, I need foundation with staying power. This is exactly what this foundation gives. A luminance that I have never found in a foundation ever before. The compliments that I have received on how radiant my skin is. I am sold .

rated 2 of 5 on 4/26/2010 8:05:00 PM More reviews by ames1001

i wanted to love this so much and on paper it sounded perfect. firstly i was matched wrongly in colour to light 4 by the sa but i could just get away with it as summer is coming but thats still pissy when you pay so much for the product and the knowledge of sa's.

- on first application lovely, sheer, not too heavy just ver natural looking but it didnt last.

i have combination skin and this sank in to every small pore on my nose and i have never had a foundation do that and dont have very large pores at all!!!!

has no staying power what so ever even with a primer and i could only get this to last 3-4 hrs max before i needed to re do my whole face.

i dont touch my face very much at all and after a few hours i got that blotchy look like my makeup had been stippled??

for the price i was dissapointed and it was very promising but whilst the colour selection is good and light 3 would have been perfect the formula just doesnt work on me.

on the other hand because this failed i have now discovered dior nude skin which was my second option and it is much much better - if your having the same problems with sheer glow as me try the dior !!!

rated 2 of 5 on 4/26/2010 7:46:00 PM More reviews by appey01

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

I tried so hard to love this foundation...but was left disappointed every time I used it. I tried to apply it every way possible and it still didnt seem to work for my skin. I have dry and sensitive skin and it seemed to highlight every single dry area on my face and it just sat on top of my skin. Not hydrating at all. I returned it and moved on to Chanel which is where I will stay. I would imagine this is great for different skin types but I wouldn't recommend this for someone with dry skin.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/26/2010 5:32:00 PM More reviews by kimnn16

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

i docked off another lippie for this product because after finding my hg foundation(dior nude), it made me realize all the things i disliked about this foundation while on the hunt for my hg. imho, i feel like this accentuates any kind of dry skin i have within hours whereas the dior nude one doesn't. i also found it hard to find my exact color match even with the sephora ma's help. with most foundations out there, i can get away with a slighty off color match but i feel like with sheer glow, i can't as it will be very apparent. i'm not very fond of this scent either, doesn't smell very pleasant to me and after a few hours of wearing this, it smells a bit plastic-y and oily. this doesn't have the best staying power either. after a few hours i feel like all my dry patches are emphasized even more and the foundation just ends up looking streaky and cake-y=disgusting. another reason i dislike this is because of how easily you can tell i was wearing makeup. i only use a layer with my mac 187 brush. to me, i never thought it was too much makeup because i am used to seeing myself in foundation. a close friend asked me why i was wearing so much makeup when i had this on, and my other friend had agreed. and close friends don't lie to you! so i had to conclude that it just wasn't working for me. i do however am glad that it works for so many other people out there though! good points about this foundation is how it is non-comodegenic and oil-free which is good for your skin. i also love that it has a dewy finish. sadly this couldn't work for me!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/26/2010 11:13:00 AM More reviews by Bondgirl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have normal/slightly dryish and very sensitive skin. This foundation suited me perfectly! It provides a very natural, non-sticky and fresh look. The coverage is sheer to medium depending on application. There are loads of wonderful shades to pick from and my current shade is Gobi, although I will buy a darker shade for when I am more tan.
I love that this foundation is fragrance free and non-comedogenic, which is extremely important for as I wont buy foundations with fragrance in it!
It doesn't dry out my skin and it does not oxidise throughout the day. My skin looks fresh and not irritated when I take off the makeup at the end of the day.
This together with the Vichy Aera Teint Pure Creme Foundation are currently my HG's!
I definitely recommend and will rebuy!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/26/2010 6:57:00 AM More reviews by karynpwilson

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Wow - I love this product. Although very expensive in Australia ($99AUD) this is the best foundation I have ever used. Best applied with fingers after warming the product. Forget the brush.

My only complaint is that there is no pump in the product, but I snafooed one from the Nars counter. Someone told me NARS will add a pump in the near future.

My colour is Mont Blanc - a perfect match for my very fair skin.