November 22, 2014 | 1698 users online

Liquid - NARS - Sheer Glow Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 5/6/2010 4:24:00 PM More reviews by r4tgl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

My favorite everyday go to foundation. Nice range of shades. Goes on smooth & flawless. Although for $42 I'd like a pump please!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/4/2010 11:23:00 PM More reviews by akn8v

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm super critical of foundation...well pretty much everything (ha!). I have an oily t zone and normal cheeks (more or less). It's important that anything I put on my face doesn't add/increase oiliness (greasy look), streak, or oxidize and must be long wearing w/o causing havoc on my face. It's medium coverage, but you can build without being cakey and it feels sheer but it isn't sheer. It does give a glow but not shine...very natural. The color selection is good. I found it looks best when applied with finger tips and I follow up with Nars loose powder. I wish it came in a pump but that's how it is for me. My other fav doesn't come with a pump either (Revlon Colorstay...only long wearing that doesn't dry my skin). I believe Colorstay controls oil better than Sheer Glow. It's a very nice foundation with a gorgeous smooth, flawless finish. I get a lot of compliments on my skin when I wear this.

EDIT: I think this has to be my favorite foundation.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/4/2010 10:52:00 PM More reviews by KBujold

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm NC42 and picked up barcelona in this. The next shade was much too dark for me. I'm oily, mostly on my forehead. At first I used nars sheer matte back when these two first came out. I decided to try glow because of all the hype and I was very curious about it. It was also a good time to try it because of the winter season and my skin not being as oily as it is in the summer months.

I have to say that I really do like/love this foundation. I have gotten so many comments from random people saying how natural and glowy my skin looks. I personally, love the way it looks on my skin. it does look "natural". Despite being oily, this does work on my skin. But as the summer months approaches, I will be using my sheer matte again or mufe mat velvet to combat the oil. I will miss it for the next few months (our summers here are very short).

Another plus is that I have to use such little product. I use my sephora #55 brush and barely use anything. It blends beautifully excepts I admit between my eyebrows, towards my nose. I sometimes had to use a smaller brush (mac 109)

It covers my broken capillaries nicely, but I do still need to cover larger blemishes if I do have em but I found all other foundations require this.

The cons of this is definitly the price. I believe it's $55 Canadian for this? whoo that is expensive, but because I don't have to use hardly anything to cover my face (which is by no means perfect I have issues to cover) it lasts me a long time. Another con is there is no pump, but I hear they are coming out with one in the next few months. I transfer the foundation into a small 5gm container and barely dip my brush into it. I hate pouring foundation onto my hand, I feel I will pour out too much and waste product.

Overal, I will definitly repurchase this product!

rated 1 of 5 on 5/4/2010 9:05:00 PM More reviews by mbs

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Absolutely Horrible. It baffles me how there are any positive reviews. My theory is that the positive reviews are coming from those with oily skin. THIS IS NOT A FOUNDATION FOR DRY SKIN, OR EVEN NORMAL SKIN. It not only highlights my dry areas, but CREATES dry areas on the normal areas of my skin. This has never happened with any other foundation. I have tried every method possible, and have tried on different occasions, and always with a very good moisturizer.
A part from having my skin literally look like a scaly fish with flakes of skin and makeup flaking off, it also looks very dull on my skin. Not sheer, not glowy, but the opposite. I hate it.
Back to every day minerals for me, which is 1/5 the price, and 100% better for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/4/2010 2:56:00 PM More reviews by Princesslisax3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is currently my new HG foundation!!

I went in Sephora and got samples of Stromboli & Barcelona. They gave me 2 sample containers of each color. I didn't get the Matte one just Sheer Glow.

Stromboli is like my Studio Fix Fluid in NC37. I would use this during Winter when I'm not tanning at all or not that tanned. It's too light on me right now. I am currently NC40-NC42.

Barcelona- Perfect match for me. I love how natural it looks. It doesn't feel thick at all like Studio Fix Flui. VERY easy to blend in. Seriously I loveeee this founation.

I think it's worth spending $40+ on it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/3/2010 12:55:00 PM More reviews by maliastyle

And here I thought I'd never love a foundation as much as Dior Nudeskin.

Sheer Glow is an incredible product - I've never come across a foundation with this texture before, and I've tried plenty, from Revlon to MAC to Lauder to Mercier to Clinique to Armani to Neutrogena and beyond. Sheer Glow is light yet is impressively buildable; can be full coverage but is still allows the skin to breathe; blends seamlessly into the skin so I look radiant and velvety, not made up and matte. And yet I never look greasy, a feat for my oily skin. I actually enoy putting base on because of this, eager to see my skin transform into a flawless canvas morning after morning.

At $40 it's not cheap, no, but it's worth it, most absolutely. My only gripe is its packaging - how did this not get designed with a pump? - but it's such a small con in comparison to all the benefits of the product it's easily overlooked.

For reference, my fair golden NC25 coloring matches Fiji exactly. It is a very yellow shade which erases any pink in my skin. Should I have been able to grant this 10 lippies I would have. Love!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2010 7:17:00 PM More reviews by cassie4w

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I really do love this foundation. Not only is there a color for just about everybody, but the coverage is so natural. It makes the skin look radiant and I believe the claim that it actually improves your skin. "Sheer Glow" is the perfect name for this foundation, because it delivers just that.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/1/2010 10:52:00 PM More reviews by JacieO

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

UPDATE: It's been a while since I started using this and I STILL LOVE IT! The only change to my routine is that, since running out of MAC's Prep & Prime Transparent Finishing Powder, I'm now using MAC's Mineralised Skin Finish. I just dab this on with my fingers over bare skin (it just works better for me without primer) and rub it in like I do with a moisturiser. Total HG.

I absolutely love this foundation!

I have tried everything - Chanel, Kyrolan, Estee Lauder, MAC, Lancome, Meow, Everyday Minerals - and this is by far the best.

I have oily skin + adult acne (with the accompanying scars) so my skin is a real challenge. I don't want to cover it up but I do want to even it out.

Although this is described as sheer, it goes on as a medium coverage, which means it does cover some, but not all, of my skin's worst excesses. So if you want full coverage, this is not for you (I'd recommend the EL Double Wear).

This slips on beautifully and just seems to melt into the skin. The result is that this looks like my skin but just a better, soft focus version of it.

I set this with MAC's Prep and Prime Transparent Finishing Powder and it stays put all day. I still need to blot once during the day but that's a shift from hourly to once a day.

I hope NARS never discontinue this. It's taken me twenty years to find the perfect foundation. I'm so glad I tried this.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/1/2010 6:43:00 PM More reviews by teach2

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my favorite liquid foundation. I wear this in the color Macao. It looks very nice on my skin, but for the price it really should come with a pump, or a pump should be available to purchase. But even without a pump, I will repurchase to wear in the fall and winter, when I run out. For reference, I am a MAC NW43.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/1/2010 3:58:00 AM More reviews by jeanettemarfil

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I purchased nars sheer glow in the shade Punjab and I'm an NC 30 in MAC its the perfect shade for me! I gotta tell u that I really love this product! I do have oily to combination skin I tend to get oily on my t zone only n the rest of my face is normal! This product works great with murads oil control mattifyer which I only use on my t zone since it is a pricey product aswell here in the U.S retails for $39.50 but it does work! But bk to the sheer glow this foundation gives the most natural airbrush look its looks so nice on the skin gives only a natural glow to the skin not shinny at all, it adds the glow in just the right places n it also mattifyes where u would like to b matte! Its just such a great foundation I finally found the perfect foundation! Although it is pricey $42 I think its worth it n I will b repurchashing again I don't think. I can go on without it now that I've tried it lol. The packaging definately would b nicer n more sanatary if it did include a pump! Which hopefully in the near future it comes available! But I would say go get a sample n try it out its well worth it believe me!