BeneFit Cosmetics HOOLA

4.1

on 5/31/2004 2:18:00 PM

I was skeptical of this product at first. I have very fair skin, and it looked too dark for me (I got it as part of a lot on ebay), but it was very pretty on. The brush it comes with sucks, and it was a bit tricky to blend at first. But after I got use to it the results were quite nice. I'm not a fan of the box, its pretty and cute, but for something so expensive I would feel better if it was more protected. Definatly not a travel product.

This is the first bronzer I've ever bought in my entire life - and I love it! I used to be very into the pale pale pale gothy look, but lately I've been tanning, and a little bit of this brushed on my NC20 face makes me glow. Things I love about this powder: there's no shimmer (it's very matte), no orange tone, and it's very finely milled. Tips to get the most out of this product : 1. Apply in the brightest natural light possible 2.Use a big fluffy brush 3. Use a LIGHT hand 4. BLEND! Keep the above in mind and you'll do just fine. I would have given 5 lippies, and for me it's just fine, but those who would like to just throw it in their bags & go may be put off by the cardboard packaging. Personally I think it's adorable and I keep mine on my vanity table and only apply it once daily during my initial makeup application, it seems to me that if you kept it with you to touch up throughout the day you would be overdoing it anyway, so who cares if the packaging isn't very portable in the first place?

on 5/25/2004 12:42:00 AM

I want to start off by saying that the ONLY reason I didn't give this 5 lippies is because of the price....$26 is just a touch much in my opinion, but I may change my tune on that if the box lasts me long enough. That being said, I'm lovin this stuff. Okay, ya, the box is cheap and I feel like I deserve more for the price, but as for the product itself, I have no complaints. I took the little brush and use it for powder and other things---it's not the best for this, but it's good with other products. For the Hoola you need a big fluffy brush, something you can blend blend blend with. That's the secret to this little box of mud powder---blend and blend and blend. If you take the time to do this, you *will* be satisfied with the results. What I love the most is that it has absolutely ZERO orange, which makes it the first bronzer I've found that looks totally natural on me. And the fact that it's completely matte makes it that much better....no shimmer = totally natural look. It even seemed to combat oily breakthrough, at least on me---and this is on an otherwise bare face. Nothin but love for this product :-)

on 5/24/2004 9:57:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

just recieved this in a swap and love it (thanks Jess!) when i first put it on(with a SEPERATE BRUSH, dont use the one included) i can't really notice it, but every time i wear it my friends comment on how healthy my face looks. Bada Bing. :) UPDATE-just pulled this out of the drawer again and was amazed once again at how healthy this makes me look. i applied it with BE's Kabuki brush and it looked even and beautiful. GO BUY IT BUY IT NOW! :)

on 5/24/2004 3:11:00 AM

Now, maybe I'm just really bad at applying this stuff, cause whenever I wear it, my husband asks me why my face is dirty. I want to like it. It cost me so much money that I resist throwing it out. The brush that comes w/ it is really lousy, so use a bronzer or powder brush instead---but only if you're gifted in the ways of bronzer application.

on 5/21/2004 5:23:00 PM

WOW, this is really dark in the box but it looks great on me, and I'm very fair with brn/brn. I never tan in my life, but if I did tan, this is the perfect color for me. I use it to hilight my blush and it provides a thinning aspect to my face overall. I'm concerned that they could have packaged this better to prevent cracking (mine didn't) but you can't miss with HOOLA

on 5/21/2004 4:19:00 AM

I love the product but I am not crazy about the packaging..it's poorly packaged and the brush gets very dirty so I keep the plastic cover that holds the brush inside and that got dirty...It's just a mess-but I love the inside..I just don't think I will ever buy it again. so it's up for swap. Also I'm starting to like Bare Escentuals warmth much better.

on 5/19/2004 8:44:00 PM

Ok: here ye, here ye:
I am a PALE little B***h! And this sucker is part of my everyday makeup items-- I love it to death!! It goes on more naturally than most powdered bronzers and is easy to apply. Plus, like all Benefit blushes (Georgia Peach, Dandilion) it lasts forEVVVVer

on 5/19/2004 7:58:00 PM

Yet another product I was lemming for a long time, finally broke down and got one... and I'm a little dissapointed in it. Tricky application, you really have to blend and use a light hand with this powder, that does, by the way, tend to crack and break in the cute-but-not-practical box. When applied correctly, it does a good job at matte bronzing or contouring. I much prefer a bronzer with a hint of shimmer to it, however. The brush that comes with it, is highly cute, but again, not very functional. This is one of those love-it or hate-it products, and I'm leaning on the side of hate it, but not quite ready to give up on it yet.

on 5/16/2004 8:38:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

LOVE this bronzer. Looks VERY natural and I feel like I've been at the beach! Most definite a year round HG.

Popular Bronzers