July 25, 2014 | 1901 users online

Foundations - Make Up For Ever - HD High Definition Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 3/8/2011 1:48:00 PM More reviews by amaurybigstick

this one its a great foundation im a teen age boy (yes, im a boy and i usea makeup) (no im not gay xD) my skin its a reall mess i got at least 20 mayor scaring on my cheeks (im mexican so if you see gramatical erros please forgiveme )
well this foundation its medium to full coverage its great really flexible, my skin its freaking oily and this not mattifies but it doesnt make it more oily so whit a good primer and a good settingpowder (it works grat with the hd ones) youll ve fine :) i love this product and i will buy it again and again its really natural dewy but mat :/ its like just yourskin mat on forhead dewy on your cheekbones <3 its freaing greatebut :/ you pay what you get .. so its 40 dlls at sephora!! its pretty expencive for me :/ :D:D:D:D:D:D:D BUY IT!!!

9 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/8/2011 1:29:00 PM More reviews by fashionista_ae

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I was very skeptical to try this since my skin is very oily. I had been using the MUFE Mat Velvet Plus, which I still like, but decided to give this a try to see what the hype is. Well, I could not be happier with this foundation. It gives the most flawless medium to full coverage, blends seemlessly into my skin, shade 110 is the most perfect match ever for my fair pink undertone skin. I was afraid this would give a "dewy" finish, but it doesn't at all, it gives a "natural finish" which is neither dewy or matte, it's so perfect. This foundation holds up well against my oily skin, I do use my blotting sheets once or twice a day, but this foundation stays in place, does not budge or smear, stays perfect looking all day! I do not like the HD setting powder, so I am using the Too Faced Amazing Face Powder Foundation (Vanilla Creme), as a setting powder and it gives the most perfect air brushed flawless look. The Too Faced Powder also does a good job at controlling oil. I highly recommend this HD foundation, the shade range is great, and I think every skin type would love this foundation!

UPDATE 6/26/11: I took a point away from this just because after using it a while, it seemed to get very dull on my skin. I still think it's a good foundation, but not HG material. I went back to my MUFE Mat Velvet + which continues to be my favorite. I think the Mat Velvet + gives better coverage and a nicer finish, especially for oily skin types..

rated 5 of 5 on 3/8/2011 11:16:00 AM More reviews by Cyndiiisayshi

My favorite foundation EVER.
Makes your skin look absolutely flawless without looking like you have too much make-up and it has really great coverage.

i have 117 for winter and 120 for summer
i'm an NC25 in MAC.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/8/2011 1:06:00 AM More reviews by kissxoxo16

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Only foundation i will wear now. I can't find another one to measure up to this. It will accentuate flakes, so make sure to start outh with a smooth and moisturized face. I apply with a damp flat top brush and then buff it in really well. I am a MAC NC30-35 and I wear shade #127. It is the closest color match I have ever had.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/8/2011 12:12:00 AM More reviews by jmebby

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is probably the best match I have ever had with a foundation. I'm in between an NC40 and NC42 and 153 is the perfect middle ground. It has stronger yellow undertones than MAC which is exactly what I need. This foundation applies best when blending with your fingers. I need only about 1.5 pumps to cover my entire face. What I like most about this foundation is that it is build able without looking cakey and is light as a feather. It's more of a natural/satin finish in that it allows for my skin shine through while also covering redness and evening out my skin tone. I set this with their HD powder, and the duo is a match made in heaven.
Now for the cons, the price is a bit steep so it's definitely a splurge. The packaging feel cheap and the cap tends to fall off easily. Lastly, I have combination/oily skin that is really sensitive, so my face didn't react too well with this foundation causing me to break out.. sadface* lol

rated 4 of 5 on 3/7/2011 1:37:00 PM More reviews by tabbycam

After repeatedly NEVER being able to find my shade in a mac foundation that provides coverage, I turned to this one. It matches my skin, but exactly (and I have a very pale complexion with only the slightest hint of yellow so it's difficult to color match.) I would buy it again, but only because I've yet to find a better foundation (though I feel like one must exist and this isn't perfect.) The coverage is so/so - I don't have acne scars etc. but I have a bit of redness and mostly like to have a sort of 'air brushed' look that this doesn't live up to. The biggest problem, I find, is that after a couple of hours it sort of emphasizes dry patches and comes off of the nose etc. and I end up having to re-apply. It is a good foundation - I have yet to try it with a primer/foundation brush so perhaps that will help. Anyway, the best thing about this foundation is the color match - if you have pale skin, I can almost guarantee this foundation will probably have something for you.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/7/2011 1:53:00 AM More reviews by sukanyaaa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am normally a MAC girl but I had issues with their foundation making me look orange so I switched to MUFE. I am a 155 or 160. This stuff is amazing!! Makes my skin look absolutely flawless. I use it with the concealer on special occasions and you can't see a blemish on my face!

The only CON is that it makes me breakout like crazy! What's weird is that I switched to smashbox's HD foundation for a while and I was fine w/that.. not sure what is in the MUFE that makes me break out. I still use it and just make sure to wash it off my face thoroughly at the end of the day. Despite the breaking out, I still give it a 5 because it does what it promises to do. Another CON is that I had issues with its pumps breaking before causing the foundation to leak out of the top. Super annoying but Sephora gladly exchanged it for me even though I used up most of the bottle!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/7/2011 12:40:00 AM More reviews by missxannaa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Okay, let me tell you about this product. It used to be my HG. The coverage is amazing, and buildable for any extra places that require a bit more attention. It blends in really well with my skin, and it was SO easy to find the perfect shade. For reference, I am 118 but during the summer, I prefer 125 *which is a little darker. It looks amazing and flawless applied with a kabuki brush, alongside the HD powder.
My only complaints about this foundation is I have to moisturize before I put it on. I have combination skin, but right after I wash my face, my skin is always dry. The foundation only emphasizes dry patches so I have to make sure I moisturize thoroughly beforehand. It doesn't last the whole day either. It lasts about 2 hours tops before it starts to settle in and look a little bit cakey, so I have to powder up again every couple hours to make sure it looks fresh.
Overall, I REALLY love this product. But for a busy student life, I need something that stays on ALL DAY. I will be going back to my MAC pro longwear.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/5/2011 6:45:00 PM More reviews by cnabbey88

I would purchase this again but I won't have to for a long time. Because of the pump (which doesn't allow any air to get in and contaminate it) and because I don't use it everyday this will last me a year to a year and a half. My color is 120 and matches perfectly. Covers well but not cakey or gross looking. Sits well on the skin and doesn't feel like a mask. It is pricey but again, for as long as it will last I gladly pay the price. I would recommend to anyone looking for a new foundation and doesn't mind shelling out a few extra bucks for some quality. :)

rated 2 of 5 on 3/4/2011 5:26:00 AM More reviews by chlohoe

I don’t get the hype in this!

1. Its sooo expensive and you get so little amount, they make the lid very tall so it looks bigger but you take it off and it’s tiny.

2. It doesn’t cover redness for me, the main reason i got it (and the one or two monthly pimples)

3. Doesn’t look as good as my drugstore foundations, for a fraction of the price!

4. The colouring/number system is stupid and inconvenient.