December 19, 2014 | 866 users online

Foundations - Make Up For Ever - HD High Definition Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 4/28/2011 7:39:00 PM More reviews by kahillrn

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Received a deluxe sample of this one day when shopping at Sephora. SA applied it with a flat top brush, stippling it into my skin, I went home without thinking much about it. Left it on my end table for a couple days, forgetting to take it to my makeup "station". One day I finally remembered to take it and actually apply it, UNBELIEVABLE !! No other way to describe it! Literally looks like my face has been airbrushed. I'm a 115 and actually purchased some today from Sephora.com. I can't get over how beautiful my skin looked, it not only hid all my imperfections, but allowed my skin to show through, with a glow. I don't normally purchase foundation over and over again, but this is truly my HG high-end foundation. Packaging quality is good due to being in a pump, took one lippie off for price, $40 is a little steep. It takes only a small amount when you stipple it on with a brush so it should last a very long time. Can't wait for it to come, my sample is almost gone! I put the lippie back on, it came in the mail and seems huge, it will last forever!!!! 5 lippies it is!!!! :)
June 19, 2011 : I just realized that I don't have to use concealer when I use this foundation. That's how awesome it is!!!!!!! I put on MAC studio sculpt and had to wipe it off and re-apply HD foudation, I skipped the concealer all together. Un-believable!!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/28/2011 7:20:00 PM More reviews by divathing

Its the best makeup out there as far as i'm concerned. I am very dark skinned and MAC doesn't even make a color for me that doesn't make me look like a red clown. Be sure to use a good primer with it (i use Monistat chafing gel cuz it works for me). It the best makeup i've ever had. It makes my skin look flawless. I hope they don't change the formula because there's no other brand out there (i've tried them ALL) that fits my color.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/28/2011 7:13:00 PM More reviews by rosietse

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Not one of my favourites. This made my skin sooo dry!! I liked that it has a pump, but it does not stay clean. The colour range is pretty good and it covers well, but the texture on the skin is gross; therefore it was not worth the price for me.

**Update: Ok, so now I feel as if I should change my review because after some changes to my skin, I feel as if this foundation redeemed itself. It goes on quite well and looks like skin when applied; which is a huge plus. I will repurchase because it does not break me out but I'm still on the lookout for a foundation that makes me feel as if I'm getting my full money's worth.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/28/2011 6:31:00 PM More reviews by floz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

How on earth does this foundation get so much hype??

I love three things about it - the amazing colour range, the fab packaging and the first 30 minutes of wear.

Sadly it ends there... This product makes my face dry and red and bumpy, and disappears after about two hours. However it's applied the coverage ends up being patchy after a while, whether I use setting powder or not.

For the price I paid (about £30) there are just so much better quality foundations available. I'm glad I tried this but I certainly won't repurchase. If you have dry, combination or sensitive skin this may not be for you.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/28/2011 6:09:00 PM More reviews by clintonmichael

I got a sample of this because I wanted to see what all the hype was about, let me just tell you - it did NOT work for me. it looked patchy and made me look dry and collected in my pores - even after exfoliating, moisturizing, and two primers. I tried it a bunch of different ways, never got even close to the outcome I expected. I tried a 190, a 187, a sponge, my fingers, one primer, two primers (the girl liked me, I got a big sample. ahaha.) it just would NOT work. I've seen this look good on a lot of people, but it just did not work on my combination skin. I would never even consider leaving the house with this on my face.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/28/2011 12:49:00 PM More reviews by haughtyishaute

I am in complete and utter love with this foundation. If I never end up getting married, I'll at least be happy that I found the one foundation I'm supposed to be using for the rest of my life, or at least for the rest of my 20's. Now I've been searching for the perfect foundation for the last 7 years and the hunt has been quite rocky. But Makeup Forever's HD foundation provides full coverage in a simple and sleekly designed bottle for a moderate price. Sure it costs $35 but the bottle has lasted me 8+ months so it's a great investment. I'm not a foundation brush fan because I believe in just using my hands and very little is needed to cover your face because it spreads easy. My favorite thing about this foundation is that it comes with a pump. I absolutely dread pouring foundation into sponges or squeezing them out of tubes. Pumps are sanitary and much more user friendly. So ladies, if you're searching for a foundation that gives you a somewhat dewy-look with full coverage and great packaging, look no more. Makeup Forever HD Foundation is it.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/25/2011 8:19:00 PM More reviews by LUXURYD0LL

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a good foundation for instant wear. To be honest it doesn't really last throughout the day, it melts off. However, the selection of foundation is fabulous. At first I was 120, currently I am 125. I would try 123, but it was too yellow for me. The coverage is medium and the color fits perfectly it really does even my skin tone. Also, the packaging is nice, I really like the pump I don't like a squeeze tube or a roll on. I would definitely purchase again however onlly when sephora has their sale cause this foundation is expensive!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/25/2011 2:14:00 PM More reviews by summrgirl720

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I bought this product after the SA in Sephora recommended it to me for my headshot shoot. I also bought the HD powder.

For the pictures themselves, this product and the powder worked fabulously. I did my own makeup for the shoot and the photog in NYC said he was very impressed and it looked great.

For real life... i could care less about this foundation.

PROS:
Love the pump dispenser
Love the consistency
Love the natural looking way it settles into the skin
Love that a little goes a long way

CONS:
Isn't very long wearing
Coverage isn't very full... more medium/sheer
Melts on me after awhile... even with a primer/powder
I get shiny wearing it due to the dewiness/natural finish

BOTTOM LINE:
It's good if you want a more 'non makeup-makeup' look (haha) or for pictures... but if you like more long lasting, fuller coverage... Revlon Colorstay or even Bare Minerals works better for me....

12/23/11 UPDATE: i went back to this foundation this winter due to its light finish, slightly moisturizing feel b/c my skin's been pretty dry using Retin A Micro. Colorstay started breaking me out :(

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/24/2011 10:47:00 PM More reviews by dddoxie

Update: this broke me out w/ horrible cystic acne...twice! Back to the store it goes

Prior to major break outs: i'm normally a DS foundation gal, but i got this on a whim and am thrilled that it turned out to be so awesome.

I had a hard time picking out which shade would be best, but I settled on 127 and it's a bit yellow but it works just fine.

I love how liquidy the foundation is and how smooth it applies. i use a flat-top powder brush from ELF to apply and i find i have to use very little product to get perfect coverage.

i set this with a very thin dusting of loose powder, but i could probably get away without it. I've also noticed this foundation has not broken me out, nor has it made me look like a greaseball within a few hours. i don't even have to blot my face when wearing it.

i'm hooked. so happy this worked out for me, because i've tried MUFE mat velvet+ and it broke me out something wicked. This stuff, on the other hand, rocks.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/24/2011 5:57:00 PM More reviews by olimac909

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

i love this product, i love the pump i love the fact that it is medium to full coverage without the cakiness factor and i just love it so much! the fact that MUFE has come up with such a wide array of shades (26 i believe there is) is crazy! good for them, i mix two shades (#145 and #160) there are quite a few shades between then but they mix perfectly for me. i highly recommend it and it does not leave the skin glittery, shiny, oily looking and doesn't feel heavy on the skin!