MAC Face and Body Foundation

Water, Dimethicone, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Butylene Glycol, PVP/Hexadecene Copolymer, Stearic Acid, Phenyl Trimethicone, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Ethylhexyl Hydroxystearate, VP/Eicosene Copolymer, Talc, Tocopherol, Tocopherol Acetate, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange), Fusanus Spicatus Wood oil, Xantham Gum, Triethanolamine, Polysorbate 20, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Cetyl Alcohol, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin [+/- Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Chromium Oxide Greens]

on 1/17/2007 9:30:00 PM

I tried this face and body foundation after hearing about it being used in photo shoots and cat walk shows. This product is definitely value for money as it comes in a large hygienic squirt bottle, but can sometimes be a bit messy though. It is very sheer and provides light natural coverage, which is perfect if you have great skin ( I don’t), however it is a buildable foundation, which is why I love it and the colour is a great match to my skin tone I use N9 and MAC NW50. When using this foundation I think the key word is blend. with this foundation a little goes a long way, I usually apply this with a foundation brush and set the foundation with Mac blotting powder in dark, or deep dark which gives me a natural looking coverage. Its great for summer when you dont want full coverage and for a person who doest't like wearing much foundation much.

on 12/11/2006 10:29:00 PM

This has a very, very thin consistency. The coverage, as stated many times before, is natural. Very sheer. It is buildable, though.
I like the fact that the bottle is plastic, however, the dropper type top makes for a mess everytime I unscrew the cap. I guess it's not an air-tight seal or something, so when you shake the bottle some of the foundation leaks into the screw top lid...Very frustrating...but, that's my only big quibble with this foundation.

on 11/29/2006 9:00:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I had been using Clinique Superfit makeup for years but I felt like it gave me enough coverage. I went to the MAC store and the saleswoman applied the Face and Body Foundation to my face. She applied a few layers more than I would but I could tell it was worth a try so I bought it and have been using it ever since. It is light enough to layer without feeling the heavy makeup feeling and it seems to last the whole day. I would recommend setting it with powder. Although it was $32 the bottle is huge and will probably last me a long time.

on 11/26/2006 9:44:00 AM

I've used MAC Face & Body off & on for years. It's 4 oz, so it is like getting 4 regular size bottles of foundation! It wears off in oily areas. I used to use MAC Satin foundation (NC20), but it wore off too quickly. I love Studio Tech (NW15) too, but the container doesn't last long.

Update: Set the foundation with powder! MAC's regular powder makes one look made up. MAC Set powder makes one's skin look flawless... not like one is wearing makeup! If you hate Face & Body, try setting it with Set powder before giving up on it. I wouldn't recommend it for those with very oily skin, however, as it tends to wear off oily skin quickly. I also recently tried & Love Physicians Formula Translucent Light PRESSED powder mineral foundation. It doesn't cover as much as Face & Body or Studio Tech, but it makes my skin look natural. I do NOT care for MAC's shimmery mineral foundations, which look fake!

on 11/23/2006 7:00:00 AM

Well the review I wrote for the Mac tint could also apply to this one too.
They just seem to wear off so quickly and I'm also wondering if the shade I have tried in both of these is as spot on as I first said. I chose c3 to go with my NC25 skin but it seemed sort of dull looking. Yes it does look natural but too natural if you know what I mean - I like my foundations sheer but I do want my skin to look groomed and with this it just doesnt! I look too barefaced! I love Mac normally but these two lastest purchases have been rather disappointing.
I do think this one is abit on the shiny side too - if I had to pick one I'd go for the Mac tint.

on 11/16/2006 3:42:00 PM

After trying the MUFE Face & Body for one week and it burned the upper layer off of my face, I am happy to say that MAC's Face & Body is a better match. It is less drying, and applies with the exact same coverage as the MUFE (sheer). I apply it with the MAC 187 brush, blend, blend, blend and let it settle for a couple of minutes. While applying, at the beginning I thought it wasn't covering at all, but after a couple of minutes it melts into my skin and evens out my skin tone, takes away my redness. I help out with a bit of green concealer where I need it. Overall, for the price and the consistency I love the product. It has not yet clogged my pores (used it about 3 weeks) or broken me out. The colour match is great (although not a big problem anyway because of the sheerness of the product). If you want sheer, economical and good quality, you can give this a try. EDIT: Cannot wear this anymore. It absolutely irritates and burns my skin.

on 10/29/2006 6:22:00 AM

Hair: Other, Curly, Medium

RETURNED IT! I bought the lightest shade (C1) & it's way to dark. Plus its very runny & greasy. But, if it's something that you like you get alot for your money. It's not for me.

on 10/19/2006 6:58:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

way too liquidy/sheer. i cant believe i liked this.i love chanel foundation though.

on 10/9/2006 5:29:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Even though my skin is slighty oily, this makes my skin look dewey with perfect coverage. A must for people who want a very natural looking foundation.

on 9/25/2006 11:36:00 AM

I bought this on the recommendation of a MAC makeup artist and am pretty happy with this product. The squirt bottle is really hygenic, and you get a LOT of product for your $$$. And since I've been using it, my husband has commented how pretty my skin looks! I thought that I needed a heavier coverage product, but this stuff does the trick of perfectly evening everything out and providing just enough coverage. My only complaint is that the artist said it would become transfer-proof once it "dried," but it gets ALL over my cell phone whenever I get a call, so I wouldn't say it has dramatic staying power. Overall, a good product and good value.