Clinique Moisture Surge Extended Thirst Relief

3.8

INGREDIENTS: water, cyclopentasiloxane, butylene glycol, glycerin, birch bark extract, lady's thistle extract, green tea leaf extract, saccharomyces lysate extract, sucrose, aloe barbadensis leaf water, trehalose, hydroxyethyl urea, sorbitol, oleth-10, tromethamine, caffeine, hydrogenated lecithin, hydrolyzed extensin, sodium hyaluronate, tocopheryl acetate, palmitoyl olgiopeptide, caprylyl glycol, dimethicone, glyceryl polymethacrylate, peg-8, ammonium acryloyldimethyltaurate/vp copolumer, magnesuim ascorbyl phosphate, carbomer, hexylene glycol, disodium edta, phenoxyethanol, red 4 (CI 14700), yellow 5 (CI 19140) [ILN33654].

on 3/22/2003 1:29:00 PM

I have had VERY dry skin lately and was excited to see this in the latest GWP because I was hoping it would moisturize my skin. Wrong! Not even 10 minutes after I applied it my skin was dry and flakey again. Thumbs down on this one.

on 3/22/2003 11:03:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This is now my holy grail moisturizer. I have acne-prone skin that can be oily with dry, flaky spots. This moisturizes the flaky areas and dries matte on the oily areas, and it doesn't make me break out. The thing I love most about it, though, is that it leaves my skin feeling incredibly soft. I don't know why or how it does that, but my skin has never felt softer or smoother. This is worth the rather high price tag, and that's saying a lot, since I rarely spend more than $10 on a product.

on 3/20/2003 10:54:00 PM

This is a really nice light gel cream great for my combination skin. I love that it sinks right in and leaves my skin matte and comfortable.

This product did nothing for my dry skin. Because of the name, I expected a richer moisturizer. For someone with oily skin, this would probably be a good product, but I just didn't feel the "surge."

on 3/19/2003 3:20:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse

Terrific moisturizer! I use it every day under makeup and then again before going to bed. I have combination skin and this product is oil-free so it doesn't clog my pores. My skin is also really sensitive and this moisturizer doesn't irritate my skin. I can't see this product working as a mask though.

on 3/19/2003 9:57:00 AM

I expecpected more moisturizing power from this. My skin starts feeling tight after just a couple of hours applying this. It did not irritate my skin witch is a positive thing. I could use this at summer if there was a sunscreen in it. I also prefer more hygienic package solutins than this one has.

on 3/17/2003 10:49:00 AM

I don't like this product, it's stinging when applied and it gives me breakouts! I was using Dermalogica skin smoothing cream but since it's quite expensive, I want to use it and MSE alternatively. I applied MSE at night and the next morning, I was so shocked to find out that I had one painful big zit and two or three little ones on my face!! I had to stop using MSE and my skin went back to normal. Stay away from this product if you have acne-prone skin!

on 3/16/2003 5:38:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Received this as gwp and it is wonderful...helps my dry skin feel soft and am happy to have it...

on 3/14/2003 4:56:00 PM

This is a pretty good partner for my sensitive combination/dry skin. As everyone else said, it's a light pink gel in a classy-looking jar (not the most sanitary thing in the world, but it IS cute). It's very easy to apply, and sinks in pretty quickly after application. Sometimes, it can feel sticky or rubbery for a little while, but boy, does it make your skin glow like a baby's! I really like this stuff, but I keep switching around because it's not QUITE mouisturizing enough for me -- my forehead and cheeks start flaking by late afternoon. I know you're supposed to reapply it throughout the day as needed, even over makeup, but it's a pretty big jar, and a pain in the a$$ to carry around. For $32, I'd like it to work all day, thankyouverymuch.

on 3/9/2003 1:19:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

Clinique's Moisture Surge Extra does soften your skin when applied but I feel that it doesnt quite moisturizes it because it feel dry a few minutes later. I would have to keep re-applying until I am satisfied and that would be 2-3 applications. It comes in a fancy jar but I would rather it be an upside down tube with a flip top cap. It's very pricey cleaning me out close to 35 dollars. It's my first time purchasing this product from Clinique and it will also be my last.