December 18, 2014 | 1681 users online

Cleansers - Cetaphil - Daily Facial Cleanser (Normal to Oily Skin)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/13/2003 11:37:00 AM More reviews by nicolefrances

My derm recommended this to me. I have crazy sensitive skin which is more normal/dry than oily, but i really dont like the original Cetaphil. I love this because it does just what i want it to do - cleans my face, doesn't leave weird red irritated patches and gets rid of my mascara (which is never waterproof, btw).

rated 4 of 5 on 2/4/2003 2:01:00 PM More reviews by spinthedeck

My dermatologist recommended I use this facial cleanser in conjuction with my prescription acne medications (Differin gel & Benzaclin gel) and I love it! It leavs my sensitive/combination skin squeeky clean, although in the winter months, I find I need a dab of moisturizer on my cheeks. I like the scent of this cleanser, it reminds me of "clean," although I've read others find it offensive. I also love that this comes in a pump dispenser, definitely more convenient & you can control how much you use much more easily.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/31/2003 1:15:00 PM More reviews by gsanders

I chose this over the regular Cetaphil cleanser because I have combination skin, but unfortunately it left my face feeling dry and slightly stretched after each use. At the same time it left a noticeable film on the surface of my skin, (which I believe all the Cetaphil products have a tendency to do?). I used it for several weeks, thinking this reaction would subside, unhappily it didn't. The cleanser's plasticky scent didn't help matters.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2003 10:32:00 PM More reviews by LawC

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is the best cleanser I have ever used. It didn't break out my skin or dry it out or make it oily. It is a gentle cleanser that is great for sensitive skin. I recommend it because it is really great for oily/comb. skin that tends to breakout. It is non-irritating to skin that is broken out. It didn't leave my skin tight or dry.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/12/2003 7:49:00 PM More reviews by Shells

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

After hearing some great things about this product I bought it from Walgreens with high hopes and excitedly washed my face later that night. The first thing that I noticed was the smell...eww! A cross of detergent and bandaids. My skin didn't feel clean at all and the next day I noticed 2 small zits on my normally clear face. I seriously regret putting my money into this product but now at least I'm getting 'some' use out of it..I mix it with water and use it to clean my makeup brushes.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/9/2003 3:26:00 PM More reviews by jenna88chu

I use this at nite to remove my makeup. It works well, but it has a little hospital-ly smell for me. It works great for removing makeup.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/7/2003 8:22:00 PM More reviews by christallef

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have been using this product at night to remove my makeup. It is working fine for me. Regular Cetaphil Gental Wash will not remove makeup effectively so it is the best find for me so far.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/1/2003 7:23:00 PM More reviews by Freaka

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I tried this cleanser not too long ago and ended up throwing it out after using it for a couple of months. I have combo-oily/sensitive/acne-prone skin and it was too drying even for me. An added culprit might have been some other product I was using at the time, but regardless, I did not like this cleanser, period. I prefer Cetaphil's Gentle Skin Cleanser, but if you're looking for a similar type of foaming cleanser, try Alpha Hydrox's Foaming Face Wash.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/30/2002 5:07:00 PM More reviews by dmaree

After reading so many fabulous reviews about this cleanser I decided to try it. It may be cheap but that is where my excitement ends. I washed my face and it was so dry and tight afterwards. It felt as if this cleanser sucked every drop of moisture from my skin. I will be returning this to the drug store and getting my money back ASAP.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/21/2002 12:34:00 AM More reviews by nuyearbabee

Age: Unknown Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

At first seemed like a great product, but as mentioned before..after a few uses, my skin got tight and dry. Then started breaking out due to over dry skin. Ughh. Screwed up my whole skincare routine, cause then I had to get a toner to get the leftover traces of makeup. Then I had to get a better moisturizer to put back moisture that was taken from me washing my face w/it. Sure it's cheap, but when you need to go and buy more products to accomodate what its done to your face...it just ain't worth it.