Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser (Normal to Oily Skin)

3.5

Water, Sodium Lauroyl Sarcosinate, Acrylates/Steareth-20 Methacrylate Copolymer(thickening agent), Glycerin, PEG-200 Hydrogenated Glyceryl Palmate, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Butylene Glycol(preservative, PEG-7 Glyceryl Cocoate, Phenoxyethanol, Masking Fragrance, Panthenol, PEG-60 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Disodium EDTA, Methylparaben.

on 3/20/2003 10:42:00 PM

I have been using this since may 2002, and it never broke me out. My skin can be crazy! It's all normal, when suddenly out of nowhere i can wake up with a pimple under my skin. Since i began using this, i noticed a lot less of those nasty little morning "surprises". Removes makeup and eye-makeup nicely!

on 3/20/2003 10:24:00 PM

Another recommendation by my Dr. after really screwing up my skin by using AHA's and BHA's too often. Works wonderfully! True, the smell is rather odd, but I don't find it that unpleasant. It gets all my makeup off (though I should mention that I don't wear a ton) without stripping my skin or leaving a film. It foams only very slightly, so those who like a lot of lather may be dissapointed.

on 3/20/2003 10:20:00 PM

Dr.'s must recommend this stuff for a reason. I can't imagine that one could go through a gagillion years of school and not know something. C'mon! Be honest, when have you ever heard a Dermatologist recommend LaMer or Remede, or even Paula's Choice! You haven't (although it is worth mentioning that I showed my Dr. Paula's 8% AHA and she said it was a fine product, just use it keeping your skin type in mind. She recommended using it every other day for sensitive skin). From now on, I'll be going with the products my Dr. recommends. continued >>

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I bought this after asking for recommendations on irritated skin. I have very oily skin with mild acne. I had used Pure Zone which started to irritat my skin then I switched th Phisoderm which irritated it and dryed it out so I stopped using it after a few days. Since Cetaphil was recommended I decided to try it. It's been almost a week and I see a big difference. My face has started to clear up of my mild acne and my face is no longer dry and irritated. My face is starting to look healthy again.

on 3/8/2003 9:19:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Like it, but the smell is rather strange, almost like hairspray! I think it is a good cleanser however, and it seem to do a good job removing makeup.

on 3/8/2003 8:21:00 PM

Wanted to really like this since the original cleanser couldn't wash off my make-up. The masking fragrance nearly knocked me out and would give me a headache every time I used it. This was returned to the drugstore.

on 2/26/2003 1:02:00 PM

I have been using this face wash for the past year or so.

Because it is from Cetaphil, and most every web site or book you read recommends it...I thought it would be good.

It is kinda good...but sometimes I feel that it dries my skin out more than a cleanser should. I am not sure if it takes off all my makeup either, which then makes you re-wash and use more of it...drying your face out even more.

It is hard to tell if it is helping or hindering my breakouts.-
EDIT -
**I am rating this a 1 now because after changing to Aveeno Clear Complexion...my break outs have STOPPED!! The more I read up on Cetaphil, the more I found out that I am not the only one that has seen a change after discontinuing use! This is one product I can actually say that I HATE!!! eeccccccck!!!!!

on 2/23/2003 1:07:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

I have very oily skin and I used this for 6mon on the rec of my dem. It made my skin dry which of couse made it more oily.

on 2/16/2003 7:33:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

This is a great cleanser for oily skin. It removes makeup well and doesn't dry out my complexion.

on 2/13/2003 11:37:00 AM

My derm recommended this to me. I have crazy sensitive skin which is more normal/dry than oily, but i really dont like the original Cetaphil. I love this because it does just what i want it to do - cleans my face, doesn't leave weird red irritated patches and gets rid of my mascara (which is never waterproof, btw).

Video Reviews & Tutorials