July 23, 2014 | 1680 users online

BB Cream - Maybelline - Dream Fresh 8-in-1 BB Cream

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/13/2012 12:55:00 PM More reviews by Carrol

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This year I've tried a number of BB creams, including one from my dermatologist's office. None has impressed me as much as this BB cream from Maybelline. Is it a 'true' BB cream? Not necessarily. But what it does do it does very well, and it's inexpensive as well at $10.99 Canadian!

I don't like medium or heavy foundations - I prefer to let my skin show through, and this product hides a few flaws and doesn't feel uncomfortable on my skin. I find the application extremely easy. I warm it up by running it between my fingers and then applying it to my face. I find it's very easy to work with, no makeup brush needed.

I don't know if we get the exact same product in Canada as the product sold in the U.S. or other areas of the world, but I'm not aware of any odd smells. The clincher is that even with my oily, large pored skin, it doesn't clog my pores and a light dusting of a powder over it keeps me as matte as any other sheer moisturizer/sheer makeup that I have ever used. And it comes off very easily with a facial wipe (currently using both Biore wipes and Korres Pomegranate Wipes).

I'm finding this product particularly good in matching my face colour to the more tanned areas of my neck and chest. I religiously use Skinceuticals Fusion SPF50 and my face is much lighter than my neck (I probably should use it there too - I know!). I can use the Medium/Tan in this Maybelline BB product to perfectly match my skin and make it look like my face is gently tanned. I'm a light, with some rosacea, but because I don't use too much of this BB cream, the colour looks believable. And Maybelline has provided a nice range of shades that should work with everyone!

Regarding the rosacea, I have not had this product aggravate my skin at all. That said, I do use a light application of it. I think the Medium shade will work for me after the summer is over, and will probably hide my rosacea a little better than the medium/tan shade. Knowing this, I'm going to purchase the colours I need NOW, because I am always fearful of a good product being discontinued/changed. Cosmetics companies always want to come out with new products, and often because of this, something gets dropped from their line-up of products.

If you like a lighter sheer coverage, weightless in feel, and something with significant SPF in it, you really should give this a try.

8 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 7/12/2012 10:50:00 PM More reviews by nicolemarion

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'd like to say right out of the gate that if it was marketed as a tinted moisturizer, I would have given this product 4 stars. However, since they decided to market it as a BB Cream, I docked it one star for not living up to the connotations of its name.

This product has very light coverage, and is a lot thinner than I would expect a BB Cream to be. In fact, when applied with the fingers, the product has almost no coverage; it's very sheer. I can, however, get the coverage a bit higher when I apply it with a brush (I use the Real Techniques buffing brush). Using this application technique, I really, really like the product.

When applied with a brush, the product diminishes the appearance of acne spots to some extent (though by no means entirely, not that I would expect it to. I need to apply concealer to cover blemishes.)

One of the main downfalls of this product is the smell. It doesn't last, but while applying, it's strong and very chemical-y.

I can't attest to the "8 benefits", really, because, truth be told, I didn't buy the product because of them. I just wanted a light-coverage makeup base, and that's exactly what I got.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/12/2012 10:26:00 PM More reviews by jcdixon

I got this as a lighter substitute for foudation on beach days or work days when I'm in a hurry. I like that it's SPF 30. The coverage is enough for me, but I find I have to use powder and touch up throughout the day or my face is really oily. I think next time I'll go with dry touch sun block and mineral makeup.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/12/2012 10:16:00 PM More reviews by Seanna4444

At first when I saw this product I didn't think it would be worth it at all, as all the other drugstore BB creams looked like nothing but a waste of money. But when I found out that it had an SPF of of 30. I decided it would be worth a try. There was a week of really hot weather where I live so my normal foundation would just melt off. This product did not do that, it was perfect for the warm weather, epecially with the SPF. It provides almost no coverage though, so it is almost not worth it. I didn't mind this at first and then I realize how useless it was.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/12/2012 9:12:00 PM More reviews by dianakhuong

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

If you're looking for coverage, this BB Cream is not the product for you. Its more like a tinted moisturizer and barely gives any coverage. I like how its light weight which is perfect for the summer, but I prefer to have some coverage at least. Also, this BB cream does not control oil. I ended up returning the product and getting my $10 back. I believe the asian brand bb creams are way better than all these american bb creams that are coming out.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 7/12/2012 6:41:00 PM More reviews by RG525

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I was a little hesitant about buying this product but I had bought the L'oreal magic bb cream and hated it so I figured I would give this a try. I love it! I use this with just a little bit of powder over it and it stays on all day matches my skin perfectly and gives you a fresh face look. Perfect for the summer! Awesome job Maybelline!!

rated 1 of 5 on 7/12/2012 5:59:00 PM More reviews by takenu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I tried this out, expecting it to be like a foundation but probably with less coverage/thinner. It was a big disappointment. I didn't see any difference in my skin with this. I didn't think it would hide acne marks, but i did expect that it would at least slightly diminish the appearance of them. I don't feel like this provided any coverage at all. What is the point of wearing this if it doesn't do anything? I don't even have horrible skin or anything, it doesn't take much to make my skin look better. This was completely useless to me.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/11/2012 9:57:00 PM More reviews by AllKillNoDrill

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I was looking for one product that I could smooth on in the morning before work that would make my face look presentable, even, and protected by SPF. While it doesn't do 8 things like it claims, it does smooth, even, and provide SPF.

I purchased this at Wal-Mart for $7.44 which is a good price for the amount of product you get. I also liked that these are sealed in plastic wrap and in a squeeze tube; you can control the amount you dispense while keeping it hygienic.

Bottom line: It's perfect for summer- just throw some on, add a little blush and mascara and hit the road. For reference, I'm NW20 and am using the Light version of this. It doesn't look like NW20 coming out of the tube but as others have said it adjusts to my skin very well.

If you need a little more coverage, this works well with concealer and a bit of powder to set. Overall it's a great product that I'll be using all summer long.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/11/2012 11:14:00 AM More reviews by silverbrook

As other reviewers wrote, this is more of a tinted moisturizer than a BB cream... so I gave it 4 stars. As a tinted moisturizer it seems to work really well; it makes my skin look smoother by minimizing the appearance of pores and certainly evens out redness. However, it will not cover up blemishes so if you need extra coverage use a concealer. I used to use Cover Girl's tinted moisturizer which had no coverage at all and did nothing to even out the appearance of my skin, so this works quite a lot better in my experience. Also, it has SPF 30 which is wonderful in and of itself. I have yet to try any high-end tinted moisturizers except for an Urban Decay one which was terrible (it is discontinued now, I believe). I will continue to repurchase this as long as it doesn't break me out since it is cheaper and works well enough for my needs.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/11/2012 2:16:00 AM More reviews by BeautBetty

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I don't like BB creams. To me they are just another way to call a tinted moiturizer. "Buzz Buzz" cream!
With that said, I bought this one. The lightest shade
I liked it because it's not as slipperry and sticky as others, so people with moderate oily skin could wear.
This is NOT foundation and will not cover, camouflage imperfections etc. Unless you have beautiful skin

I am using it only on my undereye dark circles. And IT WORKS!!! better than a concealer; which I have a drawer full and switch all the time trying to find a better one or which one worked one day and why! :)

Since it's minimal use, I am expecting it to last a while. But BB creams usually don't come in large tubes or quantities. Sometimes I think that the companies don't want to provide a lot of product till the buzz settles and is a regular part of their line, a lower risk for them in terms of cost