January 31, 2015 | 1192 users online

Crème - Revlon - ColorStay Whipped Creme Makeup

rated 5 of 5 on 6/26/2012 6:03:00 PM More reviews by sl40

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This stuff is fantastic. I don't mind the packaging because I use a damp sponge to apply my makeup. It's buildable and lasts all day. I have not used a foundation like this ever and I have used many. The color choices are limited and I got lucky to find one. Revlon really needs to step it up on color choices for other women. Edit: On my second jar and am still pleased with the results. Guess I found my HG!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/26/2012 5:40:00 PM More reviews by asian_vixen

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Tried this foundation for 2 weeks and it has been good so far. I put it on at 5am and it lasts me until 8 at night but i blot right when it reaches the four hour mark. color selection is not that great and i tried three shades so far to get my match. At first i tried warm golden but it was too pinkish (i use NARS stromboli and have been matched with estee lauder double wear in sand and MUFE mat velvet 40). Then i decided to get Natural tan and Buff which are yellower and closer to my color. I use my Sonia Kashuk flat top brush to apply so i don't have to dip my fingers in and wash the brush everyday. I dip it in buff and apply to a bit to my forehead, more on my nose, top of my cheek bones, chin , making into a triangle where you would usually highlight. then i use natural tan as the second color to blend coming from the outer shape of my face in and buff it in a bit on the highlighted areas. i find this technique more natural and not masky. the finish is a bit dewy, and its definitely light to medium coverage. What i do not like is its hard to remove and i have to wash my face 2-3 twice and with my clarisonic brush, it ends up becoming brown! so other than that, yes it lasts a long time, color selection is so-so, container is unhygienic (and it can get messy!), and hard to remove. so i put four stars but maybe a 3.5 would be my rating. i still recommend it though because it does have a nice finish but mixing can be a pain. UPDATE: totally had to give this away... have broken me out with cystic acne and cant get over the "plastic" smell!

rated 2 of 5 on 6/26/2012 11:59:00 AM More reviews by nightraven

Chemically treated skin with Differen and Cylndamycen. My skin is dry only due to chemcial but extremly oily. I put make up on at 6am its now 10:45am and had to blot and touch up. I work under office lighting so i am always aware of my makeup as i am a public speaker.

Application- used fingers and beauty sponge - semi easy to blend

Texture during application soft and nice

Texture post application sticky needs setting powder

Pores and breakage of product around oily areas still a problem- Used with and without a primer same result.

medium coverage - i have heavy scar and acne so i can build to full but requires copious amounts

Does transfer, not long lasting as it claims

Would I rebuy ? No--thinking of returning

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/26/2012 7:16:00 AM More reviews by lushiesunite

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

With very flaky dry/acne-prone skin, I need a foundation that is both full coverage AND not drying. That's pretty difficult to find. Add sensitive skin to the mix and you'll find yourself in a pickle, until you try this.

I've tried a lot of foundations on the market, low-end and high end. I've spent a lot of money trying to find the right foundation, and for the past 5-6 months had been using Revlon Colorstay foundation with Softflex for dry/normal skin in Ivory. For me, it was good enough and I liked that it was pretty inexpensive. I saw Amarixe (youtuber/blogger) talk about this foundation a couple of weeks ago and say that she liked the normal Colorstay formula (like me) but liked this too. I decided to pick one up at my local Rite Aid to try it, even though I was a little worried about the matte finish formula since I'd had trouble with some in the past.

I am SO in love with this foundation. More than any other foundation I have EVER tried. The coverage is about medium-full without having to pile a ton on your skin. It feels light on my skin (unlike a lot of other higher coverage foundations!), and the finish is AMAZING -- so silky and soft! I also haven't noticed any increase in breakouts since starting using this everyday, which is great.

I really had never tried a foundation that didn't look a little flaky/tired at the end of the day, but this really does stay on well without drying my skin out more and still feeling silky/soft.* Revlon claims that it should last 24 hours... I haven't tried to keep it on that long, but I'm a little skeptical of that claim. It does hold up pretty well for at least 12 hours though, with pretty minimal breakdown -- even in this hot summer weather! I always set foundation with Tarte's Smooth Operator or Mac Fix+.

The formula is definitely more of a thick cream -- less "whipped" than the name leads on. I've been applying it with a dampened Sigma synthetic kabuki brush (an F84 or F82). The formula is pretty easy to blend/buff into the skin.

My biggest complain is that the packaging is unhygienic. I hate face products that I have to dip my fingers into. I've been using a small spatula thingy to get a bit on the back of my hand (I use a little less than the size of a quarter), and that's been working well. While unhygienic, I really like the thick, sturdy/heavy glass jar. It might not be particularly light traveler friendly, but I don't mind it. The little plastic insert/topper on top after taking off the actual lid is a little annoying, but I'd rather have to take it off/put it back on every time than have the product leak out!

I'm typically an NW15 in the winter, but am now (summer) closer to NW20. I ended up buying it originally in the color Buff (thinking my skin might be a bit darker from these past few weeks of sun) but that ended up being a tiny bit too dark/yellow toned. I purchased another jar in Ivory, and have been mixing the two together for amazing results.

All in all, if you have sensitive, acne-prone, dry skin and have been struggling to find a good foundation, TRY THIS. I have a feeling I'll be using it for a LONG time to come.

*I use this on freshly cleansed, toned, and moisturized skin... I use Celestial moisturizer from Lush in the morning before applying it, and I haven't found this foundation drying at all.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/25/2012 2:02:00 PM More reviews by t0asty

I really like this! Picked this up due to the glowing reviews on MUA. For reference, I am perhaps a smidgeon lighter than a NC20ish (NARS Ceylan, BB Sand, Bare Minerals Fairly Light, etc.), yellow-undered town fair asian with super sensitive, blotchy, acne-ridden/prone skin. I'm currently taking Accutane so my skin is SUPER dry and shows ever sign of flaking under.

That said, I need intense coverage - with every other foundation I've used, I've had to pile that crap on! And I end up with incredibly greasy/sticky skin which everything adheres to. It is a nightmare to even touch my face. Despite my skin not producing oil anymore, I seem to be heaping oil ON it. However, with this stuff - it's pretty decent. Seems a bit unhygenic to keep redipping my finger into the pot, but it comes out like a fine mousse and I sort of spread it across my cheeks/areas with my fingertips, and then use a brush to blend it into my skin. It seems to look like low coverage at first since I do a sheer layer, but I dab a bit more in spots where I need more and blend that to the other areas.

It drys to this lovely powder finish that I love! I hate that dewy-skin crap, I want to look freaking airbrushed man! (But can't use powders anymore due to mess/overly dry skin do to accutane...) Will keep repurcahsing :)

My only issue with this is the color seems to be a bit ashy/grey for my yellow/neutral undertones... problem seems fixable with a light bronzer all over my face and blusher though!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/25/2012 1:16:00 PM More reviews by AVI8TRIX

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Well I found my new holy grail foundation!!! Absolutely flawless and long lasting. I have VERY oily skin, I use MOM for a primer which helps a lot...but my foundation normally breaks down after a few hours after application. I have used just about every "long-lasting" foundation out there and always unsatisfied...I go through clean and clear oil blotting sheets like a mad women...but I digress.
After the first application of this Revlon Whipped Cream Foundation, I began to worry a little...if felt very heavy at first...but after blending it out with my flat top Sigma foundation brush, set it with either my Rimmel Stay Matte powder or my MAC MSF...my skin looked absolutely flawless.
The best thing is that a few hours later it looked EXACTLY the same.
The only "Con" is I am not crazy about the packaging.

I hope this foundation stays around because I absolutely love it.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/24/2012 8:35:00 AM More reviews by gabbott

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Oily, Other, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I so wanted to like this but as hard as I tried it's not going to happen. First off, it is trial and error finding the right shade. I returned 2 before I settled on True Beige for my NC-30-35 skin tone. Even with that, it was not a good match.
The texture and feel is nice but on my face it looked very dry and mask-like. It does nothing for me which is the purpose of cosmetics. I have a very oily T-zone and wanted a foundation for the humid months that would down play the oil slick and it does do that but that is the most positive thing I can say about it. I wish it looked less mask-ish on my skin. Oh well.....the search goes on.
The jar is bulky although it looks nice. I will keep it but I will not re-purchase. Nice try, Revlon!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 6/24/2012 2:39:00 AM More reviews by sremmers123

Wow, so far I'm really liking this product! I was a bit skeptical when I saw it in stores. "Whipped Creme" brought back memories of the Maybelline Dream Matte Mouse foundation which I hated! However, my curiously got the best of me and I ended up purchasing this Revlon foundation anyway. I'm glad that I did! In my experience, the foundation looks best applied with either a flat top foundation brush (I used the ELF powder brush) or plain ol' fingers! I, myself, prefer the brush. I dip my brush directly into the foundation and apply it to my face. I only tap the tips of the brush into the foundation. You don't really need much to get a nice medium coverage. On my lazy days, I'll use this foundation. It takes only about a minute or two to apply with my brush and it covers fairly well. I like the fact that it is a semi-matte finish as well. I set mine with a light dusting of MAC Studio Fix powder foundation. I've worn this foundation for about 9 hours at the most. I could tell that I still had foundation on but it certainly didn't look as good as when I put it on in the morning. My skin was looking a little splotchy but it is a great foundation overall. I am not a big fan of the packaging. It does look cute but it's a bit clunky. Overall, I will repurchase this foundation! It's a great new product from the drug store. Better than some high end foundations that I've tried :)

rated 5 of 5 on 6/23/2012 10:25:00 PM More reviews by klskag02

I have found my HG Foundation. This stuff is awesome for me. It offers medium to full coverage for my acne scars, a satin finish, and it literally stays on all day! I was amazed. It doesn't emphasize dry patches or flakiness, and I feel like it could suit all skin types. I apply it with a buffer brush, which gives more of an even coverage and I feel like it dries a lot faster and doesn't feel as tacky like some other reviewers mentioned. I like the glass jar, although it is kind of bulky. And the price is a little much for a drugstore foundation, but Im willing to spend $13.00 for something I love! Try it! :)

rated 2 of 5 on 6/23/2012 6:12:00 PM More reviews by hliiivue

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Loved the formula but hated the product. If your skin is sensitive to salysic acid...stay way. I do not ever use anything with salysic acid. Wasn't aware this foundation contained it until I read the ingredients. Sure enough it was labeled on there. Again...loved the formula of the foundation as a cream and knowing it would last "24 hours." Sadly I had to return it ASAP. Pretty much the next day after I tried the foundation, I broke out in the areas that I applied the foundation. Thank goodness I did not apply it all over or my face would have had ...mountains all over. For reference I am NC30 and I bought mine in True Beige (knowing I'd get more tan since its summer).

5 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No