Revlon ColorStay Whipped Crème Makeup

3.9

Dimethicone, Isodecyl Neopentanoate, Water, Isododecane, PEG/PPG-19/19 Dimethicone, Trisiloxane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, C13-16 Isoparaffin, Adipic Acid/Neopentyl Glycol Crosspolymer, Boron Nitride, Dimethicone/Bis-Isobutyl PPG-20 Crosspolymer, C10-13 Isoparaffin, Glycerin, Salicylic Acid, Tocopherol, Lactobacillus/Eriodictyon Californicum Ferment Extract, Cymbidium Grandiflorum (Orchid) Flower Extract, Lilium Candidum Bulb Extract, Malva Sylvestris (Mallow) Extract, Sodium Hyaluronate, Silk Powder, Alumina, Polyisobutene, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Dimethicone/Silsesquioxane Copolymer, Cyclodextrin, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Silica, Methicone, Sodium Chloride, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Propylene Carbonate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Silica Silylate, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Tetrasodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, 1,2-Hexanediol --- MAY CONTAIN (CI 77019/Mica, CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide, CI 77491/CI 77492/CI 77499/Iron Oxide, CI 77947/Zinc Oxide)

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

At first I bought this in Medium beige since that was the last shade in the display at my drugstore for some reason. It was too light and really neutral toned. I returned it and waited for a sale to get it again in Warm Golden. Warm Golden however doesn't seen as warm as I need and thats the only reason I took one lippie off. The shade range isn't the best with I believe 12 shades (which isn't too bad either for drugstore shade ranges). I mainly have normal skin everywhere besides the sides of my nose which are very dry and usually foundation emphasizes it soooooo much, but this product didn't really emphasize it as much as I was expecting. It glided over the lines and didn't settle. I et very slightly oily on my T-zone at the end of the day but wow, when I got home and saw my face, I was surprised at how well this controlled oil! The jar is very heavy which is why I gave a 3 for packaging but I understand that it has to be in a jar because of the consistency, but why such a heavy jar?! I recommend scooping some out with a spatula or clean finger and then blending it in with your fingers! Using your fingers versus the brush really melts this product into your skin and makes it look pretty natural. I say give it a try especially on a good sale like the 40% off Rite aid has been doing a ton on Revlon, and if you don't like it, they have a great return policy!

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

I have oily, acne-prone skin. My skin was pretty clear before using this, I used this foundation for two days and broke out all over my chin and jaw line. I will not be using this product again.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

I generally like this product. It has nice medium but buildable to full coverage. It isn't really 'whipped' feeling. It's a bit heavier than that. It has the consistency of softened ice cream, it's kind of cool.
I don't know my MAC foundation color for reference because their foundations don't appeal to me. I'm usually in the light sector of skin tones, but not fair. I have slight pink undertones but not too much. I have the shades Buff and Sand Beige. To start, these two shades both have a slight gray tinge to them. I'm not sure how to describe it but they have a little gray cast. It isn't noticeable once buffed into the skin but noteworthy. I have applied with a stippling brush, a buffing brush and also my fingers. I prefer clean fingers because it gives the most natural finish.
Sand Beige is a bit dark for me but it works because I have a tan right now however as the year goes on, I will need to switch to Buff or possible lighter.
It gives a nice, semi-matte finish and doesn't include sparkle like the Revlon Photoready products do. I think the packaging is simple and pretty however impractical. It's housed in a glass jar which is very heavy and distorts the color so shade selection can be difficult because soon all the shades start to look the same. Since the jar is so big and clunky, I don't like to travel with it and it is often left at home.
I took off a lippie because the combination of the packaging, trying to figure out the shade you need and the price. I paid almost $11 USD which is what I think a bit much for a drugstore foundation but it works. Staying power is pretty good, but due to my oily skin, I still need a little touch up with blotting sheets and powder by the afternoon if I put it on in the morning.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

EDIT 2/2/13: recently tried this again and sorry it just does not look natural no matter how i try it. le sigh. worth a try though.

EDIT 8/24: this broke me out and i am in no way acne prone. i wore this to a dinner party and woke up with 2 fresh pimples ugh.

EDIT 8/8: i wore this to a wedding with my mac msfn on top and it looked fabulous in photos. i don't need full coverage every day but for that time of the month or for a random break out or something i will definitely be reaching for this!!

oh crap. another foundation that i really like. this is a quick first impression review...it's definitely medium-full coverage and i applied it with fingers. nc30/5 and 320 warm golden was the way to go. i went to four stores before i found this color though. got it at walmart with a $3coupon so it ended up being around 7$ for me. doesn't feel as if i was wearing a mask like how the original liquid colorstay is.

the reason why i'm writing a quick review is to let people know...this is awesome as an undereye concealer. i used it with my mac f&b and it covers completely..way better than thebalm concealer, benefit erase paste, or my laura geller real deal concealer (though i love this one for discolored spots and blemishes). heard that this photographs well and i'm excited to try it out for a wedding i'm attending. finish is a little too matte for my liking so i follow up with mac MSFN which gives a more glowy look.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

i was in love with this when i first bought it, i have been wanting to try revlon colorstay for a long time but i really dont like liquid foundations without a pump, i had seen a lot of grea reviews on here and decided i must try this, kinda high price for ds foundation, im not really a fan of jars i have to stick my fingers in, but the real problem for me with this was you have to apply it very very sheer or it looks cakey, at least in my experience, i will keep it and use it if i need a full coverage look or maybe as concealer, but i wont be wearing it as my reg foundation and will def not repurchase

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Other

I really didn't like this. I have acne-prone, combination skin and I feel like this just sat on my skin, I felt kind of heavy. As a reference point I really love the texture of Maybelline's Dream Matte Mousse, I still use it because I haven't found anything else I like so far but I'm not crazy about it- it's just bearable. I exchanged this because of the color several times too. Not for me

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Other

I got this foundation in the color "Caramel" from Target for about $11.99. It's very lightweight, doesn't have a strong smell like the Colorstay liquid foundation has and the texture is amazing. I would love if this foundation came in a pump but overall I would definitely repurchase this!

Love this foundation! It's super creamy and light and a dream to apply. I bought the lightest color (I'm an NC15) and it looks great! Plus the packaging is pretty cute. Will definitely repurchase.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I resisted for awhile but I always knew I was going to get this. I had been using the original Colorstay (in Ivory) since my True Match (N1) was a almost gone & a bit too light in tone for my summer.... tan. lol. I heard that the Colorstay Whipped was a bit less pink which is a plus. I didn't notice a huge difference in a swatch comparison but it seems like a slightly better match.

This applies wonderfully, like a silicone primer. So smooth. I prefer to apply only to areas where I need it (around nose, chin & eyes). This looks great, like I'm not even wearing makeup.

I would def get this again, although it might be too dark for my insanely pasty winter skin.

Spotted this on a trip to the US (I live in Vancouver) and the colour selection varied depending on which drugstore I went to...odd seeing that it is a permanent product and not LE. One would assume that retailers would consider carrying the whole shade range rather than a handful.

Anyway, I purchased this in two shades to mix together---Sand Beige and Warm Golden. My best match in Revlon colorstay liquid (combo oily) is a mix of Sand Beige and Golden Beige, thus the reason I purchased two shades in the whipped formula. I find sand beige to lack some of the yellow undertones, just as it does in the liquid version while Warm Golden is too dark for me, so a mix of the two shades is my perfect NC25 shade.

The formula reminds me of cool whip or some sort of frozen dessert topping but deflates upon application and melts beautifully on the skin. This blends like a dream, although it can feel a touch heavy if applied heavily. I haven't tested the 24hr claim and don't plan to, but it did last a good 8 hours with just a tad of shine coming through on my tzone.

The coverage is medium and could possibly be heavier if layered, but again, that lightweight feeling will disappear (at least for me it feels that way). I would recommend applying your concealer first, then applying your foundation, as the foundation dries to a powdery finish. I felt as though applying any cream/liquid type product on top made that area I was trying to conceal look a touch cakey.

This was priced between $11.99 - 13.99 USD depending on which drugstore I went to, but I purchased this on sale for $8/ea. I don't care for the bulky packaging but then again, I don't plan on taking this with me on a daily basis anywhere. The packaging is misleading as it appears like a lot but for the price this is quite expensive as you only receive .9fl oz.

I probably won't repurhcase this in Canada, as I'm sure it will be outrageously overpriced at around $17.99 (like most of Revlon's foundations).