Revlon ColorStay Whipped Crème Makeup

3.9

Dimethicone, Isodecyl Neopentanoate, Water, Isododecane, PEG/PPG-19/19 Dimethicone, Trisiloxane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, C13-16 Isoparaffin, Adipic Acid/Neopentyl Glycol Crosspolymer, Boron Nitride, Dimethicone/Bis-Isobutyl PPG-20 Crosspolymer, C10-13 Isoparaffin, Glycerin, Salicylic Acid, Tocopherol, Lactobacillus/Eriodictyon Californicum Ferment Extract, Cymbidium Grandiflorum (Orchid) Flower Extract, Lilium Candidum Bulb Extract, Malva Sylvestris (Mallow) Extract, Sodium Hyaluronate, Silk Powder, Alumina, Polyisobutene, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Dimethicone/Silsesquioxane Copolymer, Cyclodextrin, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Silica, Methicone, Sodium Chloride, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Propylene Carbonate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Silica Silylate, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Tetrasodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, 1,2-Hexanediol --- MAY CONTAIN (CI 77019/Mica, CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide, CI 77491/CI 77492/CI 77499/Iron Oxide, CI 77947/Zinc Oxide)

on 7/6/2012 3:30:00 AM

Love this whipped formula, goes on smooth and covers well. It's magic how u can just dip your finger and makes your face flawless. I am an olive skin tone and use true beige 330 in summer and 320 warm golden the rest of the year round. Stays put throughout the whole day

on 7/5/2012 9:34:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Oh how I wanted this product to work! I got Buff and I am around NC15. The color match was excellent. I found the coverage to be light and not too buildable but it had a nice matte finish. Sadly after 5 hours I had to wash it off because my face was burning and it was a combination of greasy and dehydrated. I am in the minority but I like the container but the formula is not for me. I might add that I have ridiculously sensitive skin and it doesn't like most foundations. This on is no exception.

on 7/5/2012 4:02:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

I'm going to give this product 5 lippies despite the fact that I hate the packaging - its not hygenic or practical. However, the product itself is amazing. I like Revlon CS Whipped far, far more than the original CS. I use the shade 220 Nude and am NW20 in MAC. Nude matched me perfectly until I got a little tan, so I probably need to go up a shade until the fall/winter. I love the consistency of this, its smooth and thick but applies like a dream. Its medium to buildable coverage and blends out nicely. I use the Ecotools finishing brush from the Alicia Silverstone brush set and get a better finish than I did when I just used my fingers or Beauty Blender. Besides the wonderful finish and coverage it gives my face, it also has amazing lasting power. A few days ago I went to an outdoor concert in about 100 degree weather. I had the foundation for about 12 hours total and when I got back home it looked as if I had just put it on.

on 7/5/2012 2:47:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

I bought his foundation in Caramel from Target for 13.99. Let me just say there is no way Halle Berry was wearing this shade in the ad. The color is darker than than liquid colorstay and is fine for the summer. It blends easier than the liquid version and although its a thicker foundation it feels very very light on your face. I wore it all day, it didn't touch up for 7 hours and I had no transfer on my white collar. I wont say this is HG but its close second. I have dry/normal skin and I didn't have problem with it looking dry or dull, nor did it dry out my skin. I don't like the jar because its not portable or practical, but it may be to thick for pump so a tube would be better. I used a cosmetic wedge to apply.

Update: The wear ability makes this foundation probably one of the best foundations I've bought. I wore it in the hottest days 92-104 weather and while I was dripping sweat around my face my face stayed flawless. I am very impressed but I wish the color selection was more vast like the liquid version of colorstay.

on 7/5/2012 11:58:00 AM

I really, really tried to like this product. I tried applying with a beauty blender and with my fingers. Over moisturizer, with no moisturizer. Nothing worked. I just could not get it to look good. It blends horribly and shows every wrinkle and flake I have on my face. If you have dry skin such as myself this product is not your friend! Oh, and those of us lucky enough to be at that stage in life that you have peach fuzz on your face......it will highlight every single hair as if it were a neon sign. What a horrible mess.

on 7/5/2012 11:47:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I have been trying this foundation in different ways over the last few days and I am still torn about my opinion. I've tried it with primer, without primer, with powder, without powder, and all variables in between. I have very oily, but aging (so dehydrated) skin. I used the Nude color and it is a perfect match on me.

The coverage is nice (medium, but can be layered) and the formula is good - a little goes a very long way, the jar seems like it would last years! But, as soon as I put it on, the foundation sucks all of the hydration out of my skin, leaving it parched and with some flakes. Therefore, I cannot use a powder on top of it, that just makes my skin look really dried out. I've always worn a powder over my foundation so this is sort of odd to me and throws off the rest of my makeup application.

I am still 50/50 with the pros and cons of this foundation. Not sure if I would buy again.

on 7/4/2012 6:07:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I'm lighter than a NW15. I normally use the MAC F/B in white with a splash of NW15. But, it's a pain to mix my foundation color every morning. So, I've been searching for a foundation that is light, but gives coverage...but most of all matches (or somewhat matches) my skin. Another MUA'r mentioned this one...so, I ran out and got it. Well..I LOVE IT!!! I bought it in the Ivory shade (the lightest Revlon made). It matches my very pale, fair pink undertoned skin pretty good...so I'm thrilled! Not too crazy about the jar packaging...but that's something I can live with.

on 7/4/2012 12:25:00 PM

For the first time in my life, I didn't have to blot my face for over 6 hours. This foundation is quickly becoming a favorite, knocking out my MAC Studio Fix Fluid and also kicking all my BB creams to the curb. This and the original Colorstay Fluid are being used daily now and are the only two foundations that can keep my oils at bay. This specific creme formula works better than anything I've ever tried when it comes to keeping me MATTE, and this stays on for a good 10+ hours.

My skintone is NC25-30, and I chose the shadr Warm Golden. I chose it according to the coordinating color in the fluid that I have, which is also Warm Golden (I can also wear Golden Beige) in the liquid version.

The texture of this is PHENOMENAL. Its light, creamy, and super blendable. Unlike the original Colorstay, this gives you more time to blend before setting so you don't have to work in "sections" like you did with the liquid. The creme is like a soft pudding and it springs back a bit when touched.

The only thing I loathe about this is the packaging. Its classy and feels nice and heavy, but it's also impractical. I would personally prefer a squeezy tube for hygienic reasons.

Price point is a bit high. I bought it for 12 dollars at my local Target. You only get a little bit of product too, LESS than the average 1oz foundation. This one only holds about .8oz, so it's just not much product. Then again, a little goes a long way since there is a lot of coverage with this. Its super pigmented! A light layer gives me medium/full coverage

Overall, I would repurchase. I would label this HG if it wasn't for the bad packaging.

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

My HG foundation!!! I love love love this foundation! It's not a mousse or cream, it's like a pudding consistency. It goes on super smooth and stays on all day. It's a medium coverage foundation but definitely buildable without looking cakey. It's not oily at all, it's actually has a matte finish. I myself don't use liquid foundation at all because most of the time it shows lines and flaky skin :( and I've tried so many different ones they still don't look good on my skin. It is in a small package but only a little bit goes a long way. But this whipped foundation saved my life I would totally recommend this!

Update*** Wow this stuff is amazing.. Even the hottest days out I don't need to blot my face... I have oily t-zones and the times that I don't use this foundation my face looks so oily after one hour not even exposing to the sun. Will up date again to see if this product breaks me out or not.

I've been using Colorstay liquid for Oily/Combination for years, and would have loved something with a nicer finish for my aging skin. I can't use the Normal formula in the liquid because the Buff color is too dark (yes, there is a difference in color between the two formulations). Unfortunately due to the packaging of the Whipped Creme makeup you can't see what color it is and the Buff shade was the darker shade. I tried it out anyway and was rather disappointed. It certainly doesn't have the staying power of the liquid and it transfers to your sunglasses, phone, etc. Won't be using and certainly won't buy again.