April 16, 2014 | 1835 users online

Eyeliner - Maybelline - Eyestudio Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner (All Shades)

rated 5 of 5 on 9/24/2010 3:55:00 PM More reviews by ash88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

This is the best eyeliner I have ever used!!! It is so creamy, very easy to apply, very pigmented and stays on forever! It also comes off more easily than the liquid or pencil eyeliner, with the baby oil or vaseline (which I always use to remove eye-make up). I have tried many drugstore brands, mac, bobbi brown and MUFE, but this is the best! I am looking forward to buy it in other colors!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/24/2010 2:38:00 PM More reviews by cnabbey88

This is a great eyeliner. Compared to another drugstore eyeliner (wet n wild's creme eyeliner in black) it is MUCH better. The texture is a lot easier to work with in my opinion and is VERY pigmented. I didn't have any problems with it running or smudging either. I wore it with an eye primer and without and the staying power is impressive both ways. I even fell asleep with it on and it stayed pretty well without any raccoon eyes! I would recommend even thought it is a lil bit pricier than some of the other brands. :)

rated 3 of 5 on 9/24/2010 1:37:00 PM More reviews by pooot

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The first gel liner I have ever used was Stila's Smudgepot, which was great! However I wanted to find a cheaper alternative. Gel liners tend to dry out quickly, and if the product is going to go to waste like that, might as well get buy a cheaper one right?

Well I saw the Maybelline Gel Eyeliner and gave it a shot because it was half the price than Stila's gel liner. My first impression was that it was really creamy, which I love! Gel liners make a great base for eyeshadow, especially when they're creamy like this. But the only difference with this eyeliner and others is it doesn't set! It smudges like crazy on me and unlike the Stila gel liner, it doesn't stay on my waterline.

I'll continue to use this product as an eyeshadow base, but as for eyeliner, I'll either go back to Stila Smudgepot or try out something else. I'm still on a hunt for a GOOD cheap gel liner. But I guess for some products, you get what you pay for.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/22/2010 9:33:00 AM More reviews by sallysellsseashells

This is my first wack at gel e/l. I wanted to try an inexpensive one in case I didn't like it. I normally wear MAC pencil liners and I'll be honest, creating looks with e/l isn't my strongest skill. I bought the black and brown but I'm only reviewing the brown because I haven't used the black yet. The color is a medium bark brown, I apply two layers to get nice pigmentation. The brush is nice and makes applying the gel so easy. Even I was able to do a nice even straight line! I have no complaints. I just hope they come out with more colors and I hope they don't d/c this.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/21/2010 9:57:00 AM More reviews by Juno77

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Im not wild about the color selection for this product. I was looking for a deep deep espresso color, but didnt find it. I bought brown and Charcoal, looking for a dark, but soft color. I was disappointed, because the brown is very light, so light you could use it as all over/countour eyeshadow. If you are very fair you wont have a problem, but Im olive toned, and this hardly shows up on my skin.

Similar problem with the charcoal, it hardly shows up. What pisses me off is the damn misleading packaging, the colors look so intense in the pictures. I ended up making the charcoal work, as a VERY soft eyeliner. Is nice and light reflecting, so it gives a pretty effect. Still, i didnt get what I went to buy it for.

They do last throughout the day, but they smudge.It smudges particularly bad in the inner corners. And they are sightly water resistant, but not anywhere near waterproof.

The product is super creamy and I love that! The applicator is kind of too thin for my taste, but its of good quality. Would I buy again? No, I dont think so. Unless they lower the price. Clinique & Wet and Wild make better cream liners.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/21/2010 8:18:00 AM More reviews by spink

I have oily lids, contacts and my eyes tear up in then outer corners and wipe my eyeliner right off. Wore this for the first time yesterday, exprected it to wear off as usual but it didn't!

Wore ALL day until I took it off. The only downfall is they need to add more colors! This is my new HG liner, beats out Bobbi Brown, MAC, Clinique!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/20/2010 10:55:00 AM More reviews by chesmom

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

When people say "I've literally tried EVERYTHING", they usually haven't. Or I suspect they haven't.

Well, believe me or don't but I've tried everything in terms of eyeliners: pencils, gels, cakes, liquids, damp shadow...I've also tried almost every brand out there: MAC, MUFE, Stila, Cover Girl, Revlon, Origins, Clinique, Estee Lauder, Almay, Neutrogena, Prestige, Milani, WnW, Bobbi Brown...you get the idea. I've also slathered on UDPP to no avail. No matter what I've tried, I've smudged.

Granted, I have oily lids. And granted, I'm not the world's best at eyeliner but come ON. Something's got to stay, right? Nope. Until now....

I don't know what possessed me to try this...well, yes I do. My Stila Smudgepot in Brown finally dried up and I thought I'd go this route not expecting ANY different results.

This shit does not move on me. I can't believe it. Waterline, tight line, regular line...I keep trying to break the thing down and haven't done it yet. I think there's two things at work here: the consistency and this miracle brush.

The consistency is creamy (thus my initial oh SURE reaction) but it makes line drawing for dummies super simple. And the brush is out of this world for me. It's short-handled, easily held, and pointed. I've always used an angle brush to apply liner but this little one beats all my MAC angles to hell and back. The only "complaint" I have regarding the entire product, and it's hardly a complaint, is that the bristles have to be softened before used in the gel...otherwise you'll get a nice dent and too much product.

This is perfection on wheels for me. Which means, of course, Maybelline will stop making it. Even the size of the product is great. While I appreciate large pots of product, for eyeliner gel, it just doesn't make sense. It's virtually impossible to use up a pot before it dries out and I'm no chemist. I've no interest in bringing a dead product back to life.

Buy this.

80 out of 80 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/19/2010 5:57:00 PM More reviews by CaramelBae

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This was my first gel liner and I love it! I was looking to purchase the wet n wild or h.i.p gel liner but came across this one instead and it was only $7! This gel liner is really nice and creamy goes on really smooth and doesn't budge. I love the brush that comes with it also its really firm and stiff and helps with giving me a nice even precise line. I will definitely purchase again!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/19/2010 1:20:00 PM More reviews by thehonestreview

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this after I had no luck finding the gel liner from L'oreal. All I can say is, amazing! This product is so great, lasts all day, barely no smudging, hasn't dried out yet and it's my HG. Never will I ever go back to liquid or pencil liners. I highly recommend this!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/18/2010 10:05:00 PM More reviews by southbeach82

This is my first gel eyeliner and i think it is amazing! it is very easy to apply with the brush that it came with and the brush is NOT useless at all, it is amazing! I bought it for a little big over $10 at Wal-Mart and I would definitly purchase this again! It lasts through out the day without smudging, 100x better than a pencil liner and alot easier to apply then gel liners!