Maybelline Eyestudio Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner (All Shades)

3.9

cyclopentasiloxane, propylsilsesquioxane, ceresin, isodecane, cyclohexasiloxane, caprylyl methicone, synthetic fluorphlogopite, silica silyate, disteardimonium hectorite, disodium stearoyl glutamate, propylene carbonate, candelilla wax, caprylyl glycol, aluminum hydroxide, calcium sodium borosilicate, calcium aluminum borosilicate, silica, tin oxide. [ ci 77491, ci 77492, ci 77499/iron oxides, mica, ci 77491/titanium dioxide, ci 77007/ultramarines, ci 77510/ferric ferrocyanide, ci 77288/chromium oxide greens, ci 77289/chromium hydroxide green, ci 77742/manganese violet, ci 42090/blue 1 lake, ci 19140/yellow 5 lake, ci 77510/ferric ammonium ferrocyanide]

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

LOVE IT! if you have a problem with it not being bold enough try putting it on before your shadow. i've had it for a while and use it everyday! no smudges but i do not have "oily eyelids" either. doesn't flake for me or turn colors. brush is easy to use. :)

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I bought this in Eggplant. It's a gorgeous color similar to Bobbi Brown's Black Mauve but less gray ish. I actually like it better than BB. The brush is pretty good but makes my lines too thick. It works better with my Stila eye precision brush. This lasted all day on me. You get a good amount in the pot. Again, the color is gorgeous, I would repurchase IF I ever run out.

I'm not very good at putting on eyeliner especially liquid eyeliners, I always always end up looking like a mess. So when I read in a magazine that gel liners are easier to put on, I bought this as my very first gel liner since the price wouldnt hurt as much if the product won't work. I'm not really disappointed. The brush is very easy to use even for a makeup-challenged like me, and the consistency is ok. Staying power is great, doesnt smudge on me (I have oily face and lids) and doesnt come off until I remove my makeup in the evening. Overall, I think this is a great product though I have yet to try the other more expensive brands now that I'm getting the hang of putting on gel liners. =_)

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

So disappointed with this product. Bought it thinking it would be long lasting, and a good gel liner based on the reviews here. Not even close to what I expected. I have SUPER oily lids and Asian eyes that tend to fold over which makes me even more prone to smudging. After only 10 minutes after application, I noticed that it already smudged and creased terribly. It already started flaking and by midday I find myself with black streaks under my eyes and CHEEKS (of all places). A total mess. I've tried EVERYTHING to keep this monster from smudging. I've tried using my UDPP, setting it with shadow, and even adjusting my liner application to avoid creasing but NOTHING seems to work. I have to constantly touch up through out the day, if I ever want to wear it. Soo if any of u ladies have lids anywhere CLOSE to oily as mine or looking for a liner with awesome staying power, I advise you to look elsewhere.

I honestly think this is the best eyeliner, i wear eyeliner everyday, i put it on every morning. it never fades out, it lasts long, it hardly smudgesa, it doesnt rub off, it has a glossy gell looking finish and it comes in many different colors. i get mine in blackest black and it stays on all day until i wipe it off to go to bed. i only touch up once if even. and it lasts me about 3 months until i buy another on. and i use it everyday. it spreads easily you dont need alot and i use it on my top and bottom.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I got this product after watching some makeup guru's product comparison with MAC fluid gel liner. The reviewers verdict: they are about the same quality but the Maybelline being the cheaper version, of course I went for it. Here's my review:
1) Dried up before I could finish 1/3 of the product.
2) Smudges ALOT. I had to reapply with black eyeshadow on top to keep it somewhat intact...even so, it will.
3) It turns grey-ish by lunch time.
4) Gets flakey and drops flecks throughout the day (onto my face). I went around with small black streaks all over my face without realizing I look like a tribal warrior.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I have stopped using eyeliner at all because my skin is so oily that the eyeliner would just smudge all over, and yes, Maybelline pencil eyeliners are neither waterproof or smudge-proof. til i found this gel eyeliner from them. i was sceptical at first so i tested them first at home before going out with it. well, despite all the chores and cooking, the gel eyeliner stayed where it should, smudge-free and didn't run and tear at all. i was at peace. the brush is fine i guess, can make do with it but i am poor at making a good line both eyes, an angled brush would be preferred. but nonetheless, i have to say i am impressed with this gel eyeliner. comes off easily with baby lotion or makeup remover. and one last thing, the gel eyeliner didn't irritate my eye. definitely going to buy it again... since i have sensitive oily skin, i don't wear any makeup other than this eyeliner.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I have this in black. I purchased it all the way back in April 2010 & it is now Febraury 2011 & it still hasnt dried out like my other gel liners have. (And Ive opened it up & used it many many times!) Thats about the only good thing about this liner. I realized that it doesnt have the same staying power as my MAC fluidlines or my HiP gel liners do. It ends up smudging real bad at the corners of my eyes as if they are a creamy pencil liner. Oh & I do like the brush it comes with. Great quality brush that I reach for for other gel liners as well. BUT I am very disappointed. with the performance of this liner. I just dont think I will buy this again.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

the brush is beyond amazing .. love it better than eyeliner angel brushes.. the blackest black has a nice jet black color .. it last if i dont rub my eyes to often... but the gel eyeliner is really not gell enough for me. it became reaaly waxy and it wasnt comfy to apply.. Loreal hip liner much beeter .. but use this brush .. its awesome.. ill buy it again only for the brush .. and maybe when i cant find my Hip line

Ever since getting hooked on eyeliner and using a specific skill called "tightlining", I do not crave for the eyeliner look at all because the tightlining provides the natural, fuller lash look without the seeing the eyeliner at all. But buying this one sale, I use it based on the basic eyeliner technique and it's for those days when I want to look more primped out than usual, and it does not disappoint. The smudging is to a minimal but it does not budge provided I use Urban Decay's Eye Primer Potion, and it keeps it looking sharp and flawless. This is one of the only drugstore gel eyeliners out there, and I like it so far until a better one comes along!

Video Reviews & Tutorials