Maybelline Eyestudio Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner (All Shades)

3.9

cyclopentasiloxane, propylsilsesquioxane, ceresin, isodecane, cyclohexasiloxane, caprylyl methicone, synthetic fluorphlogopite, silica silyate, disteardimonium hectorite, disodium stearoyl glutamate, propylene carbonate, candelilla wax, caprylyl glycol, aluminum hydroxide, calcium sodium borosilicate, calcium aluminum borosilicate, silica, tin oxide. [ ci 77491, ci 77492, ci 77499/iron oxides, mica, ci 77491/titanium dioxide, ci 77007/ultramarines, ci 77510/ferric ferrocyanide, ci 77288/chromium oxide greens, ci 77289/chromium hydroxide green, ci 77742/manganese violet, ci 42090/blue 1 lake, ci 19140/yellow 5 lake, ci 77510/ferric ammonium ferrocyanide]

on 1/14/2011 9:25:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Cool

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

Loooooooooove this. It is very pigmented, a little goes a long way, very creamy :) I want to buy more colors, they are just that amazing. Since discovering MAC fluidlines, I haven't been in love with another gel liner in a long time. This one is def a dupe for it, and cheaper, which is always a plus.

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

This was my first eyeliner and i thought it was pretty good at first. It goes on black and fairly pigmented. The only thing is with my hooded eyelids, the eyeliner wears off and creases like crazy. And then torwards the end of the day, the black color is basically gray. Its fiarly good for the waterline and tightline. Id recommend this for people who has fairly dry eyelids and non hooded eyelids. Otherwise, i wouldnt buy this.

on 1/12/2011 6:37:00 PM

I LOVED THIS!
i purchased it when it first came out and i've been using it (quite often) since then. i went back to hong kong during the hot humid weather and it didn't even smear. i also ran into some trouble and made me cry many times while wearing this, i figured that my mascara came off completely but my waterline was still solid black, i liked that.
the only thing is that i don't know how to apply eyeliner (any sort of eyeliner) to my upper lid, so i only line my waterline... it works pretty well on my waterline ;]

the brush gets difficult to use so i started using a leftover pencil eyeliner to line my upper waterline! will repurchase <3.

on 1/12/2011 5:36:00 PM

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I just returned this liner today. The gel applied sheer and unevenly, and the brush just plain sucked. Even with my decent eyeliner brush I was unable to apply this evenly, and it smeared off very easily with just a dry fingertip. I have very watery eyes and was attracted to the packaging that claimed it was waterproof, but it was nowhere close. I'd spend a few extra bucks and buy a decent gel liner, like Bare Escentuals' Buxom Lashliner, which I've used in the past.

on 1/12/2011 1:54:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Edit 04/19/11: I don't know if the formula has changed, but I have noticed the last couple of weeks that the liner just gets chunky from where my eyes water up and it rubs off. It makes me really depressed b/c it's so cheap and I loved it so much! :(

Original Post: I really do love this! This is great for every day use and it's cheap. I happen to really like the brush once I kind of "dull" the end a bit. It's like using a pencil. I put it on at 9AM and take it off sometimes past midnight. It stays where I've placed it. I wear contacts and have very sensitive eyes that constantly waters. This works and stays in place if you don't go haywire and rub the crap out of your eyes which I think would smudge with any type of liner! The color payoff for me was great. One pot lasts me a few months. The only downside is when it dries up towards the bottom of the pot. ;(

on 1/12/2011 7:41:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

This gel eyeliner can be a great and cheaper substitute for the Bobbi Brown Gel Eyeliner. Although the brush that comes in it isn't THAT great, but i mean what do you expect?! As for the gel eyeliner itself, I really like it. I think that the Bobbi Brown one is exactly the same but softer and more pigmented. However this one is not as soft (which can be a good thing because too soft clumps too much of the gel onto the brush) whereas with a harder gel you can just stroke your brush in the pot a few times. I would definitely recommend this product regardless of the price!

on 1/11/2011 9:27:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This product came with a brush that didn't line my eyes very well. Also, the color was not very intense without repeatedly lining your eyes. I also didn't like the shimmery color of the black.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Im Animal Cruelty free so will never ever again buy maybelline products again:( I did some research and find out how horrible they test on animals. I just can't support this is sorry:(this is my OWN personal opinion, don't jump on me or hate I have the right to say what I think.

on 1/9/2011 4:16:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

This gel liner works fine, better and easier to apply than liquid liner. The packaging says it can stay on for 24 hours but that's not true. I still get smudges after a few hours of wearing this. I top it off with black eyeshadow for it to stay on longer. But overall, I like this product because it can give me either natural or dramatic look for my eyes. I also love the brush because it is of excellent quality.

on 1/9/2011 3:50:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I have seen many mixed reviews on this product, some saying they found it to sheer when first applying, smudging/running, quick to wear off.... i cant say i have any of these problems with this product, although i have to agree that it does go on a bit sheer with the first application, but i kind of liked that because it was buildable and if you weren't wanting a super heavy black line it was kind of nice to have it a little lighter and be able to build it thicker if i wanted to. I had no problems with it smudging and i have been wearing it all day 9am-10pm so far and it is still in place :) . I was not looking forward to using the brush, BUT i was very surprised that it was very good, really like the brush. the little pot is cute and has a lot of product and will last for quite a while. I must say i do have a Bobbi Brown gel liner that is my no1 but i really like this Maybelline gel liner. I would buy again :)

Video Reviews & Tutorials