Maybelline Eyestudio Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner (All Shades)

3.9

cyclopentasiloxane, propylsilsesquioxane, ceresin, isodecane, cyclohexasiloxane, caprylyl methicone, synthetic fluorphlogopite, silica silyate, disteardimonium hectorite, disodium stearoyl glutamate, propylene carbonate, candelilla wax, caprylyl glycol, aluminum hydroxide, calcium sodium borosilicate, calcium aluminum borosilicate, silica, tin oxide. [ ci 77491, ci 77492, ci 77499/iron oxides, mica, ci 77491/titanium dioxide, ci 77007/ultramarines, ci 77510/ferric ferrocyanide, ci 77288/chromium oxide greens, ci 77289/chromium hydroxide green, ci 77742/manganese violet, ci 42090/blue 1 lake, ci 19140/yellow 5 lake, ci 77510/ferric ammonium ferrocyanide]

on 1/12/2011 7:41:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

This gel eyeliner can be a great and cheaper substitute for the Bobbi Brown Gel Eyeliner. Although the brush that comes in it isn't THAT great, but i mean what do you expect?! As for the gel eyeliner itself, I really like it. I think that the Bobbi Brown one is exactly the same but softer and more pigmented. However this one is not as soft (which can be a good thing because too soft clumps too much of the gel onto the brush) whereas with a harder gel you can just stroke your brush in the pot a few times. I would definitely recommend this product regardless of the price!

on 1/11/2011 9:27:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This product came with a brush that didn't line my eyes very well. Also, the color was not very intense without repeatedly lining your eyes. I also didn't like the shimmery color of the black.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Im Animal Cruelty free so will never ever again buy maybelline products again:( I did some research and find out how horrible they test on animals. I just can't support this is sorry:(this is my OWN personal opinion, don't jump on me or hate I have the right to say what I think.

on 1/9/2011 4:16:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

This gel liner works fine, better and easier to apply than liquid liner. The packaging says it can stay on for 24 hours but that's not true. I still get smudges after a few hours of wearing this. I top it off with black eyeshadow for it to stay on longer. But overall, I like this product because it can give me either natural or dramatic look for my eyes. I also love the brush because it is of excellent quality.

on 1/9/2011 3:50:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I have seen many mixed reviews on this product, some saying they found it to sheer when first applying, smudging/running, quick to wear off.... i cant say i have any of these problems with this product, although i have to agree that it does go on a bit sheer with the first application, but i kind of liked that because it was buildable and if you weren't wanting a super heavy black line it was kind of nice to have it a little lighter and be able to build it thicker if i wanted to. I had no problems with it smudging and i have been wearing it all day 9am-10pm so far and it is still in place :) . I was not looking forward to using the brush, BUT i was very surprised that it was very good, really like the brush. the little pot is cute and has a lot of product and will last for quite a while. I must say i do have a Bobbi Brown gel liner that is my no1 but i really like this Maybelline gel liner. I would buy again :)

on 1/9/2011 1:21:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I love this eyeliner sooo much. I was very impressed by the quality of this product it goes on very smooth and I like that I get to control how dark I want it. It lasts all day and best of all it comes with a brush that is actually useful!

on 1/8/2011 10:06:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

It's a good gel liner. It's pigmented, goes on smoothly, and I love the brush it comes with. But the stuff NEVER dried. And by the end of the day it smudged out on the corners, gave me raccoon eyes and I got marks on my lid.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I've always loved gel eyeliners and this is no exception. Goes on very easily and offered in a great choice of colors.
I think it lasts all day, and almost as well as Bobbi Brown and MAC versions, however can be set with powder for extra stay. I didn't find that it smudged or migrated, either.
The brush that comes with it is also GREAT! I like it better than my Lancome brush I used with my other gel/creme eyeliners.
Overall, the color is not quite as dark black as Bobbi Browns, but for the price difference, I do not mind setting with black eyeshadow when I want it extra-dark. This is an excellent sub for the more expensive products, as all other aspects are the same. Package lasts forever, too.

on 1/8/2011 7:53:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Creamy, cute packaging, a lot for your money, and an overall good product. However, it's very difficult to remove, leaves a mess on my towels when I wipe my eyes, and if I draw a line that's too thick, it will end up on my upper eyelids rather than my lower. Good brush however.

EDIT: I have found that it wears off too fast for me. Bumped down from 3, to 2.

on 1/8/2011 6:58:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

I gave it 5 lippies because its a great product! I hope maybelline keeps making it! Its ten dollars cheaper than my Inglot and I love how smooth it applies and the brush is great! 5/5! the pot and packaging is cute too I just hope it doesn't dry up too quick!

Video Reviews & Tutorials