July 22, 2014 | 2072 users online

Eyeliner - Maybelline - Eyestudio Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner (All Shades)

rated 5 of 5 on 10/23/2010 11:04:00 PM More reviews by marykitsos

I have tried so may eyeliners and this is definitely my favorite one. The brush is amazing as it's so easy to apply the liner. A fantastic product!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/21/2010 1:41:00 PM More reviews by Jennifer22309

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I really like this eyeliner. I use to be stuck with the pencil liner.. you know, the felt one. i have a shaky hand and im a perfectionist, but the brush this comes with doesnt break smudge or anything. i get a perfect line that doesnt smudge once dried atleast!
i think it was 9 bucks at walmart? i wish it was a bit cheaper but thats just me. i like it though
Update: i changed my mind, its crap.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/18/2010 10:10:00 PM More reviews by olaylover

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

i love this liner!!!!! i bought it in brown cuz i currently have a pretty full pot of mac blacktrack. so i picked this one up in brown after reading all these positive reviews at shoppers drug mart for $8.99, its amazing!! pigments great, consistency is great and to me is almost the same as mac. i like to use a different brush, not a fan of the one it comes with. would buy again and reccomend for all you!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/18/2010 9:32:00 PM More reviews by Christinaann5

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Ok, so i finally broke down and bought the liner in brown even though i have so many liners to supply an army. I really wanted a liner for lining top lash line or to use as a dark base for smokey looks. I love gel/cream liners bc they apply
So nicely and i have a hard time sometimes with my long lashes but they tend to dry out eventually unlike pencils. But onto the review this so far is so creamy and nice. The brush it comes with makes it easy to line lash lines and can even use the whole brush to blend onto lid area to use as a base. As a dark cream base, it provides a smooth layer if blended into a thin layer that brings out dark tones of shadow and the shadows stay put all day, no budging or creasing. When i use up my other black cream-gel liners i will def give the black a try. I got it @walmart for $6 i had a coupon for $1 off so it was a steal. I really suggest giving a try as a liner or base. I love it.

* i first bought the shade brown but im going back to pick up BLack!!! I want the black one bc im loving this liner!!!! im absolutely in love! but i think the Wet n Wild liner is better esp for the difference in price and amount of product! so i will update once i do my review on my maybelline vs. wet n wild vs. Elf so all three great liners for affordable makeup lovers!! ill post my review/comparison/tests on my you tube channel!!!

rated 3 of 5 on 10/18/2010 12:05:00 AM More reviews by tylinngrace

I use this as an eyeliner, and it is okay. It is easier to maneuver than liquid when I use my ecotools angle eye brush, but it's had to get the lines sharp. I've had it for about a month, and it is starting to dry out, I think, because it isn't going on as smoothly as when I bought it. It also doesn't go on all that well on top of powder eyeshadow. It is good to line waterlines, though. I liked it a lot more when I first bought it, but it gets the job done, and it doesn't tug on my lids like pencils, so that's good.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/17/2010 6:11:00 PM More reviews by new2makeup123

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

WOW!

I lovelovelovelovelovelovelovelove LOVE this product! I got in in Blackest Black a week ago, and it applied so smoothly, was such a dark intense colour, and had such great staying power (wore it for 15 hours and it still looked perfect at the end of the day) that I had to get the Eggplant colour as well! I had the same great results with eggplant, and it really brings out my brown eyes and adds a pop of colour with being too much.

Blackest Black is a super super dark intense matte black. Literally exactly the same as MAC Blacktrack Fluidline but cheaper.

Eggplant is a dark red-toned purple with some shimmer to it (not matte like the black) It really brings out brown eyes, and complements all eye colours beautifully :)

The brush is a small stiff dome shaped brush that is so easy to line eyes with! I find it much easier to handle than an angled brush, and it is so easy to draw a thin even line and a wing with this brush!

The formula is very creamy, thick, and pigmented, so you only need a tiny amount. (same consistency as Fluidline)

I have not had a problem with this yet, but make sure you replace the lid on the jar IMMEDIATELY after dipping your brush in the product so it won't dry out. Be very careful, because if you leave the lid off for too long too many times, the eyeliner might dry up :( If this happens, mix the dried up liner with some eye drops to revive it.

I will definitely repurchase this product when mine run out, and these are my HG gel eyeliners!!! Whenever I want eyeliner for my upper lash line, these are the first thing I turn to :)

EDIT:

Unfortunately this doesn't work so well for me anymore :( I have found that with my semi-hooded eyes, this transfers badly to my upper eyelids after only a few hours and looks reallllyyyy bad. I don't have oily eyes, and while this applies well, I would not recommend for those with hooded or oily eyes.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/17/2010 2:40:00 AM More reviews by LoPSiCLe

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Tan, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Black

I lovelovelove this product. It is sooooo amazing. It is creamy but not to creamy so when you apply it, it wont tug your eyes. It will last all day without a dough. Go take a swim in the pool, it will be good as new when you come out. It will not smudge, or melt away and it even come with a eyeliner brush for people who are just getting into makeup. The price for the eyeliner with the brush is a great deal. I will definitely buy this again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/14/2010 2:20:00 PM More reviews by Neume

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Yes, at last, a product that actually lives up to its claim! I was up from 3pm on October 13 to 8am on October 14 (I work midnights as a nurse) and fell asleep until 2pm on October 14th in my makeup (bad idea I know, but I was uber tired). I also had a tough night at work, and I was sweating pretty bad at one point during the night. And whoa - my eyeliner didn't budge or smear, even on my waterline/lower lash line. I about crapped my pants in excitement.

I have tried tha famous Wet N' Wild Mega Eyes Gel liner, which was HG for me until it dried out about halfway through the jar. The packaging was terrible, so I wasn't surpirsed. This Maybelline liner's packaging is much better, very sleek, sturdy, and a much better screw top lid compared to WnW.

The product itself is so creamy and wonderful to work with. And another surprise - the brush it comes with actually works well! It took a bit to get used to, but once I did, I chose it over my angled liner brushes. It's very stiff with a rounded tapered end, so you can literally just dip the brush into the product rather than scraping it out like I was doing with my angled brushes (which in turn causes too much product getting picked up, I'd have to wipe it...etc...)

I wear contacts, and I had zero reaction. This also removes with an oil-based eye makeup remover. I personally use extra virgin olive oil to remove all my eye makeup.

I'll admit it's NOT the blackest liner I've ever used, even though I do have the "blackest black" color. You do have to go over it a one or two more times if you want it really super dark. So if you want a highly pigmented black line, go for WnW or a liquid eyeliner, like L'Oreal's Lineur Intense.

Now, for price, it's def. a higher end drugstore brand. I was stupid and went to CVS where they charge $10.50, but evidently other reviewers have found it for $5-6 at other places. So yeah, don't go to CVS like I did.

So fingers crossed this won't dry out like my WnW liner did, and if it lasts most of the jar, it'll definitely be new HG material.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/14/2010 10:39:00 AM More reviews by Maudena

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I loooveee this eyeliner - it doesn't smudge or make you look like a panda at the end of the day. Where I live, the weather is hot and humid most of the time and I work outdoors 40% of the time, this eyeliner stay on really well. Only downside - there are only 2 colors available here black and brown. Otherwise - bestest eyeliner to date for me.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/14/2010 4:43:00 AM More reviews by lunalava

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Bobbi Brown's black is better. But their Brown is good.