December 22, 2014 | 1044 users online

Eyeliner - Maybelline - Eyestudio Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner (All Shades)

rated 4 of 5 on 11/24/2010 6:54:00 PM More reviews by snowcat123

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have this in eggplant and blackest black. I LOVE the blackest black one : It goes on smooth, stays on all day, and is REALLY waterproof, i went swimming with it on a couple of times. However, the eggplant wasn't that nice. It was sparkly and made my eyes look kind of blah... I would repurchase the black, but not the eggplant.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/21/2010 5:07:00 PM More reviews by bubblegum11

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

i like it for my waterline and tightline but when i apply it to my upper lashline....it feels cakey,then it gets dry and flakes off,but if you dont have a good liner for the water and tight line then i would purchase this,but i dont use it on my water and tightline a lot so,Bottom Line I Wouldnt Repurchase

rated 1 of 5 on 11/21/2010 4:57:00 PM More reviews by imaddicted2makeup

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

WORST THING EVER!! I was so excited to get this product I couldnt wait to get home to try it. Well it was fantastic the 3 TIMES I actually got to use it before it dried up into a horrible mess.I was soooooo mad. I only put this as expensive because of how quickly it dried up. I always made sure the lid was on tight and recapped every time I dipped the brush. I would have been happy to atleast get a month out of it, but no I didnt even get a week. MAYBE NEXT TIME MAYBELLINE!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/21/2010 4:17:00 PM More reviews by marria77

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Fantastic product. This is the first gel liner I have used. I have tried and tried to get a strong bold but thin black line with liquid liners, powders, pencils...this is by far exceeds all the other products I have tried. That said, I haven't tried any other gel liner brands.

The brush is quite good and allows you to draw a very thin line or thicken it up easily. The pigment is great (I got blackest black) and it has a patent leather look. One coat was more than enough.

Would definitely buy again.

Edit: Took one point off because after trying Bobbi Brown's liner- I have to say this is a bit thicker and harder to handle- as compared to Bobbi Brown's formula which is very nice and creamy. Still a good deal though.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/19/2010 1:22:00 AM More reviews by blanca098

For a drugstore brand, this eyeliner was a pleasant surprise.
It applies easy and looks well-done. My only complaint is that its not-so-great on the waterline. It does not keep for long and ends up at the outer corner of the eye, but on the lower lashline, this eyeliner stays all day. (As well as the eyelid lashline).
Good buy ($7/8 for applicator brush and gel pot)
Overall, recommended!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/18/2010 7:50:00 PM More reviews by sarahlen

I decided to pick this up the other day because my mac fluidline has really dried out and i wanted a drugstore dupe . This was really the only one i saw so i decided to try it, well its not a dupe for fluidline, to me its better.

*SIDE NOTE : fluidline and other so called gel liners are really just cream and feel creamy/greasy, this is definitely gel and more siliconey. For me thats neither here nor there really. cream or gel, you cant tell when its on your eyes but it might be important to others

I will just pro and con it

Pros:
cheap- awesome deal under 10 dollars a brush and good sized pot

packaging - the brush is extremely precise and compact and IT COMES WITH A
BRUSH! I have never seen that and a good one none the less

glidability: - this, i think because of its more gel like silicone texture, glides on way smother than mac's, stila's or bobbi brown's pot eyeliner and is therefore easier to work with especially for tight lining

staying power : amazing put some on my hand and took shower just to see , after going to bed it was still there the next day

Cons:
- set time - because of the gel texture it does take longer to set than a more creamy formulation but i prefer that because i like to fix mistakes

pigmentation: i find this slightly less black than other pot liners but only marginally

BL: there is really no need to buy high end pot liners (which all need to be repurchased often when this is on the market)x . go high end for other stuff in your makeup bag

rated 5 of 5 on 11/13/2010 2:55:00 PM More reviews by jasminese

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

BEST EYELINER FOR THE WATERLINE. Seriously. I've tried kohl, pencils, eyeshadow, and cream, and none of them had the staying power of this. I love the little jar it comes in. And the colors are extremely pigmented. The brush is ok, I used an angled eyeliner brush instead, but it doesn't pick up as much product as the brush that's included does. I would most definitely buy this again, but I think this jar s going to last me a long time!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/12/2010 11:39:00 PM More reviews by SaraNikkita

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I kind of just bought this on a whim. I read a few reviews on it here so I just kind of grabbed it with out much thought. It is my first gel eyeliner so I can't really compare (I don't really wear much eyeliner). I bought it in black.
It stays on well through the day no problems. I can only apply it with the brush it comes with, my little eyeliner brush I use for my shadows didn't work at all with it. Glides on smoothly and looks great. I used it to make whiskers for my daughters Halloween costumes and it stayed on through parties and trick or treating. Overall good product for drug store. I would buy it again......

rated 3 of 5 on 11/12/2010 10:54:00 PM More reviews by dottori

I have used Bobbi Brown, MAC, Stila, and Maybelline. Stila Gel eyeliner is the one I consistently buy but seeing that Maybelline's gel liner were getting rave reviews and that it came with a brush I decided to try it out. Afterall, I'm always searching for that "holy grail" product!

Pros:
Color payoff is fantastic. Intense black is intense! I loved the texture and how smooth the application was. No clumpy mess that some gel liners can make. The brush is simple and lightweight (not to be compared with my more expensive brushes) but it was a good brush for applying. I don't have any brushes of that bristle size so it was a nice cheap addition to my arsenal of brushes.

Cons:
My biggest gripe is the problem with smearing. I have asian monolids but no matter what kind of eyes you have, this product does not dry such that it stays put. At the end of the day I look like I just cried my eyes out with nonwaterproof mascara. It even smears within 5 minutes upon application!! I find myself wiping it off from my lower lids constantly throughout the day. Very unattractive. Because of this, I knocked off 2 stars. I may have to clean up with Stila maybe once a day but with Maybelline, its at least 3 times that I have to do this. Sorry Maybelline, I don't have the patience to keep doing this. Another con is that it is difficult to clean the brush due to its waxy texture. Multiple boughts of cleaning required! >:(

Conclusion:
I will not be buying this again. I may move on to Kate's gel eyeliner next :). If you want a recommendation, try Stila gel eyeliner. You get close to double the amount of gel liner than Maybelline and smearing problem is llittle and not such a problem as with Maybelline. As for MAC and Bobbi Brown, they were not so spectacular that I would remember to buy them. Definitely go for STILA!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/12/2010 9:32:00 PM More reviews by WishDreamer

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

really good drugstore gel liner comparable to bobbi brown gelliner. has good color choices and is pretty creamy. stays on all day and is really waterproof trust me went to great america through water and heat the eyeliner stayed!reccomend to anyone new to gelliner.