NARS Sheer Glow Foundation

Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Butylene, Glycol, Glycerine, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Dimethicone, Dimethicone/Vinal Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Triethylhexanoin, Peg-10 Dimethicone, Dis-Butydimethicone Polyglyceryl-3, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Sodium Glutamate, Sorbitan, Sesquiisostearate, 1-Methylhdantoin-2-Imide, Phenoxyenthanol, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Polusilocone-2, Serralysin, Curcuma Longa, Glycuosyl Hesperidin, Ascorbyl Glucoside, Tocpherol, [ /- (May Contain): CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77492 (Iron Oxides), CI 77491 (Iron Oxides), CI 77499 (Iron Oxides)].

on 10/8/2010 3:57:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I really wanted to love this foundation! It gives great coverage, light-weighted, color matches perfect, BUT!! It completely exaggerates the dry patches on my face :((

When I first put it on, it looks very unnatural because you could tell the foundation cakes on the dry parts of my skin. Isn't this supposed to be formulated for dry skin peeps? After a few hours when I have natural oil it looks really, really nice & natural. By the end of the day it would be too oily. I don't normally have a problem with oily face at night, but this makes me dry at first then make me oily in the evening.

I tried so many methods and I found that the dry patches are gone only if I put on mask before I apply it.... I heard it's best to use with the NARS primer but I did not buy the NARS primer because this foundation is already pricey I don't wanna waste money on an expensive primer. And I also don't like the idea of you have to use the products from the same company to get the result you want.

Good coverage, but terrible staying power, and gave me little bumps, yuck!

on 10/5/2010 10:54:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

I really don't know what happened, I used to love this foundation but after a while it just looks so bad on me. I have tried applying it with different brushes, sponges and my fingers, but it doesn't matter what I do it looks horrible. After a few hours it's melting off my face, so gross, and it sits on my pores making them super noticeable, because the foundation that gets inside the pores looks lighter for some reason. Not working for my dry skin.

on 10/5/2010 1:21:00 PM

I was very excited to try out this foundation after all the positive raves about it. I do like it but I think it is overrated lust a bit.
The color is perfect match for me I have Light 4 Deauville. Consistency is great, very sheer and liquidly, I like that because it blends very well, it doesn’t dry out quick so it is easy to blend and it also evens out on your skin. I use regular foundation brush and it works for me. Gives you nice glow, very due finish, great for summer and fall, makes your skin look naturally gorges and even. It has a buildable coverage; I would say it is medium coverage.
Now to the negatives….The sheer gorges glow stays on your skin for about an hour, then it turns to oily finish, you will have to touch up with matte powder throughout the day to get it look as it was when you applied it.
It doesn’t have long wear quality, it will slide off your face, I think for me it lasts for about 4-5 hours, but I do work long hours and sometimes I go out after work, so I have to reapply it at work, which is not good. Very overpriced for the quality, and the worst part, no pump. It is very liquidly, so it is easy to get too much.
Will not repurchase it again, this is great special occasion foundation, not for every day.

on 10/5/2010 1:01:00 AM

I have dry and oily skin and after applying this I was complimented on how natural and smooth my skin looked. The foundation looks very natural, it`s light, and it stays on through sweat and long hours, but sometimes needs a little touch up.

on 10/4/2010 7:02:00 PM

Because my skin is combination and very blotchy (rosacea, melasma, freckles), I use this foundation in conjuction with Estee Lauder's Double Wear (in Ecru). By itself, it wouldn't provide enough coverage, and would probably melt off my face by noon - as it's for normal-to-dry skin. That said, it offers the perfect counter to the pink mask that is DW. While DW gives me reliable coverage - ESPECIALLY in the humid subtropics where I live, I could never wear it alone. Nars' Sheer Glow (in Ceylan - a luminous yellow) somehow melts into the DW to create a very natural color for my skin. That basically primes it for the work I then do to create a perfect complexion. I dip my MAC 138 in MAC prep+prime powder, and kind of roll/press it onto my skin to lightly set. Then I contour my cheeks lightly with Nars Laguna (again with the 138), followed by a very light sweep across my forehead, nose, and chin. Using the 138 once more (I'll have to do a review on the miracle that is the 138 at some point), I *lightly* dust my cheekbones with MAC's Vanilla pigment, and an *even lighter* dusting (barely any pigment on the brush) across my forehead, nose, and chin. No shine, no shimmer, no kidding. Together, it's flawless. Flawless. I've found this magical combination receives compliments DAILY. I was NEVER complimented on my skin in the past (using Shiseido, Laura Mercier, Colorstay, or Nars Sheer Glow and Estee Lauder Double Wear separately). For me, Nars Sheer Glow is part of a winning formula - but a vital part. Oh! I use a damp wedge sponge to apply both the DW and Sheer Glow (just ordered the BeautyBlender). I literally stipple the foundations on in very thin layers - no primer, no moisturizer needed. It's taken me FOREVER to find the equation that works for me, and I owe much of that to MUA and plain old trial and error. Hope this helps! continued >>

on 10/4/2010 2:38:00 AM

I was extremely hesitant to buy this foundation after my experience with the Sheer Matte Foundation. This foundation is nothing special. I really couldn't find that much of a difference with this and the Sheer Matte. The color selection is too yellow for my skin tone. The application of this is a little different from the Sheer Matte, it's thicker and heavier. The end result of this is very similar to the other. It just sunk into my pores and looked very thick. Which is not something that I like. I am so disapointed in the NARS foundations. Wish they would have worked for me :( it was such waste of money, now there just sitting in my foundation draw not being used. Dissapointing.

on 10/3/2010 4:51:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I don't understand the hype with this. It doesn't give me a beautiful satin finish and the shade Ceylan is not yellow enough for my NC20 pale-olive skin. The foundation is too average to be such an expensive product. I do like the fact that it is very light on the skin, but so was my MUFE F&B. And that was cheaper and you got more product for your money. Chock full of silicones and way too over hyped and overrated. I'll be returning this to Sephora right away.

on 10/2/2010 5:51:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

I love this stuff. It is the perfect liquid foundation for combo skin. I tried alot but nothing comes close. I am stay @ home mom so dont wear lots of makup but I collect and wear sometimes, this stuff makes me feel madeup. Love all things Nars.

on 10/1/2010 2:45:00 PM

Very nice foundation. I used this with my beauty blender sponge, and I just LOVE the finish of this foundation. I have a lot of hyperpigmentation on my face, and this baby covers them ALL! I don't even need concealers. (It saved me a lot of time in the morning). I put a thin layer of this all over the face, then go back with an extra layer on my cheeks, where all the imperfections are. With the second layer, it's nearly a full coverage. My setting powder is matt, so I skip it sometimes. Now the only thing I would complain about, is that after a few hours, I see a lot of shine on the nose and forehead. BUT, I'm sure this is because I didn't set the foundation. My primer at this time had no oil control, which I'm sure it would of be a lot better if it had. This is a pretty expensive foundation, however, you really get what u paid for. Quality 5 / 5, no doubt. SG in Fiji, MAC NC25

Video Reviews & Tutorials