October 24, 2014 | 2036 users online

Liquid - NARS - Sheer Glow Foundation

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/3/2010 12:55:00 PM More reviews by maliastyle

And here I thought I'd never love a foundation as much as Dior Nudeskin.

Sheer Glow is an incredible product - I've never come across a foundation with this texture before, and I've tried plenty, from Revlon to MAC to Lauder to Mercier to Clinique to Armani to Neutrogena and beyond. Sheer Glow is light yet is impressively buildable; can be full coverage but is still allows the skin to breathe; blends seamlessly into the skin so I look radiant and velvety, not made up and matte. And yet I never look greasy, a feat for my oily skin. I actually enoy putting base on because of this, eager to see my skin transform into a flawless canvas morning after morning.

At $40 it's not cheap, no, but it's worth it, most absolutely. My only gripe is its packaging - how did this not get designed with a pump? - but it's such a small con in comparison to all the benefits of the product it's easily overlooked.

For reference, my fair golden NC25 coloring matches Fiji exactly. It is a very yellow shade which erases any pink in my skin. Should I have been able to grant this 10 lippies I would have. Love!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2010 7:17:00 PM More reviews by cassie4w

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I really do love this foundation. Not only is there a color for just about everybody, but the coverage is so natural. It makes the skin look radiant and I believe the claim that it actually improves your skin. "Sheer Glow" is the perfect name for this foundation, because it delivers just that.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/1/2010 10:52:00 PM More reviews by JacieO

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

UPDATE: It's been a while since I started using this and I STILL LOVE IT! The only change to my routine is that, since running out of MAC's Prep & Prime Transparent Finishing Powder, I'm now using MAC's Mineralised Skin Finish. I just dab this on with my fingers over bare skin (it just works better for me without primer) and rub it in like I do with a moisturiser. Total HG.

I absolutely love this foundation!

I have tried everything - Chanel, Kyrolan, Estee Lauder, MAC, Lancome, Meow, Everyday Minerals - and this is by far the best.

I have oily skin + adult acne (with the accompanying scars) so my skin is a real challenge. I don't want to cover it up but I do want to even it out.

Although this is described as sheer, it goes on as a medium coverage, which means it does cover some, but not all, of my skin's worst excesses. So if you want full coverage, this is not for you (I'd recommend the EL Double Wear).

This slips on beautifully and just seems to melt into the skin. The result is that this looks like my skin but just a better, soft focus version of it.

I set this with MAC's Prep and Prime Transparent Finishing Powder and it stays put all day. I still need to blot once during the day but that's a shift from hourly to once a day.

I hope NARS never discontinue this. It's taken me twenty years to find the perfect foundation. I'm so glad I tried this.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/1/2010 6:43:00 PM More reviews by teach2

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my favorite liquid foundation. I wear this in the color Macao. It looks very nice on my skin, but for the price it really should come with a pump, or a pump should be available to purchase. But even without a pump, I will repurchase to wear in the fall and winter, when I run out. For reference, I am a MAC NW43.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/1/2010 3:58:00 AM More reviews by jeanettemarfil

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I purchased nars sheer glow in the shade Punjab and I'm an NC 30 in MAC its the perfect shade for me! I gotta tell u that I really love this product! I do have oily to combination skin I tend to get oily on my t zone only n the rest of my face is normal! This product works great with murads oil control mattifyer which I only use on my t zone since it is a pricey product aswell here in the U.S retails for $39.50 but it does work! But bk to the sheer glow this foundation gives the most natural airbrush look its looks so nice on the skin gives only a natural glow to the skin not shinny at all, it adds the glow in just the right places n it also mattifyes where u would like to b matte! Its just such a great foundation I finally found the perfect foundation! Although it is pricey $42 I think its worth it n I will b repurchashing again I don't think. I can go on without it now that I've tried it lol. The packaging definately would b nicer n more sanatary if it did include a pump! Which hopefully in the near future it comes available! But I would say go get a sample n try it out its well worth it believe me!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/30/2010 4:56:00 PM More reviews by KelseyP

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This stuff is absolutely to die for. I have such bad foundation luck, and nothing ever matches my fair/freckled skin tone perfectly and doesn't break me out. I bought this today in Deauville (spelling?) at Sephora, and it is a match made in heaven. It feels like I'm barely wearing anything - there's no oiliness, no cakiness, no shine or glitter or chalkiness - all the things that typically drive me insane. It looks natural in all different lightings, and makes me look like my skin is so hydrated and fresh. I seriously cannot believe I held out this long, I will never be without this stuff. The name is misleading though - it is not sheer by any stretch of the imagination, but it is lightweight.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/30/2010 11:19:00 AM More reviews by bestbehavior

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

OMG - I looooooooove this!
I researched a lot online as you are not able to buy NARS in my country so I took a chance and ordered online. The color matches me PERFECTLY! I am NC25 in MAC and I wear Santa Fe. This might be a little light for my summer tan, but for now, it is awesome!
It is so natural and makes my face look radiant, flawless and it covers just right. You are still able to see your natural skin tone - it just enhances your best features :-)
I am crazy about MAC and have really liked their foundations, but no comparison here... NARS sheer glow is HG and I will def. repurchase.. Only problem now is to get a match for my summer tanned skin....!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/29/2010 7:26:00 AM More reviews by qwerty12315

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

My HG foundation! My favourite foundation of all time.

Shade: Mont Blanc

Pros:
-Very natural
- Feels very light on the skin
- Beautiful colour that matches my skin tone perfectly.

Cons

- The name of the product is misleading. This foundation will not make you glow! I would describe the finish as satin or semi-matte. The 'sheer' in the name is also misleading. I use a tiny amount to achieve sheer coverage, but I really wouldn't describe the foundation as sheer. If you apply more than a dime size of foundation you will achieve medium coverage.

Another little note:
You need to have a well moisturized face before you apply this product otherwise it glide on nearly as well.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/28/2010 2:13:00 PM More reviews by emilyking27

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Other

Ive only had this foundation for 4 days but love it so much, i feel compelled to write a review. Having read many mixed reviews on this product i had to try it for myself and at a hefty £29 from space nk, it had a lot to live up to. This foundation is wonderful. I am painfully pale and struggle to find foundations that make me look alive and not ghostly. Step up Nars Sheer Glow. My skin looks radiant and i don't have to set it with powder. I feel more confident because i know my skin looks at its best and have had compliments on my "radiance". Hence, i would definitely recommend this foundation to those with combination skin who want a contented glow. However, i think it it essential to find a perfect match for your skin in order to achieve a natural looking glow and achieve all the benefits of this foundation - especially given the price.
EDIT - I have this foundation in the shade "siberia" which is not the lightest shade but made me look the least ghostly. Would still recommend but having to set with powder now that summer has arrived. The coverage is poor but when my skin is good this foundation is ideal.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/28/2010 12:09:00 AM More reviews by StellaCH

This comes in a bottle with a lid. No pump. It makes the application difficult and messy. Barcelona is the colour I chose It is described as Medium with yellow and peach undertones. Way too dark and yellow /orange.. I am not taking away rating for that b/c that was my own fault. I have a feeling these colours throw a lot of yellow and orange. It looked a bit darker than my skin upon appplication but after a bit it turned even darker, it sank into my pores and it looked horrible. It also gave me a big cyst on my jaw line. Coverage is very light. I tried to build it up but it looked too unnatural.Staying power not than impressive either.
I tried mixing it with other foundations but the colour turns orange even if I put a tiny dot of the nars.
Imo if you have good skin and you manage to find a good colour it can look good. The only positive is that it feels great on. I forget it's there.