November 23, 2014 | 1005 users online

Liquid - NARS - Sheer Glow Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 5/13/2010 1:41:00 AM More reviews by thuysers

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm an NC35 in MAC and have combination skin. I bought this foundation in "Stromboli" from the NARS website. I was a little skeptical at first because I thought it would make me look more shiny but it actually doesn't. It gives you a dewy glow. I'll use a touchup powder 2x a day only on my T-zones. It has a lasting staying power and feels VERY light. This is my HG foundation! =) Worth the price because you really don't need that much product!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/12/2010 2:37:00 PM More reviews by Circa1989

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is an okay foundation, it isn't anything special, but nothing terrible either. It applies smoothly to my skin, stays put for most of the day, and evens out my skin tone pretty well. The colour is pretty nice, I have it in the palest shade "Siberia" and it matches my skin pretty well, though it isn't exactly "neutral" as it claims to be. It definitely leans toward the yellow side but that isn't a huge problem for me. Pale is pale in my case! I probably won't be running to Sephora to repurchase this when it runs out, as there are plenty of other foundations that I adore more than this one at a fraction of the price, but I will probably be able to finish the bottle I have without much trouble. :)

rated 2 of 5 on 5/11/2010 5:38:00 PM More reviews by sourie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

The color match was almost perfect for my skin. I'm an NC-30-35 and bought NARS Sheer Glow in Punjab. I just wish the formula would've worked on my dry skin. The foundation seemed to enhance the dryness.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/10/2010 9:09:00 PM More reviews by mshotpink

I just bought this the other day and I love it! I bought this at the sephora store and I got it in Barcelona. The sales girl helped me choose the right shade and tried it on half of my face. This foundation is a semi matte finish which is nice for us combo/oily skin girls. This foundation does not feel thick or heavy it feels light. I loved how it looked and decided to buy it. This was in the morning so I went through the day running errands and when I got hoe in the evening I compared the half of my face where the NARS was applied and the other half where my regular foundation was applied. The regular side of my face had gotten oily as usual since I have combination skin and the side where the NARS was placed had this sheen to it not oily but just a nice glow and it didn't look worn out, I just loved it. My only con to this product was the price and packaging. This should really have a pump I mean they send the testers at sephora with a pump why not the actual product! The price is a little high but I'd rather pay for something I love and is good on my face than to pay less for something that's just ok.

UPDATE: I've been using this foundation for about two months and I still love it! I will say this goes on better with a brush than with a sponge. A sponge will just suck up all the foundation and for the price of this one you definitely don't want that. I would recommend the mac 109 brush or the sephora 35 brush. The only thing is that the mac 109 sheds.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/10/2010 12:17:00 AM More reviews by chanel2110

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Yes, I would buy this product again, in hopes that one day it might adhere to my skin for more than three hours. I love the way this foundation looks on my skin in the morning. It is so beautiful, and I can completely see how other people would find this to be their HG. But as I have oily skin this foundation only lasted a few hours until it was just completely gone. I have no idea where it goes, but it's gone. I can touch up and it looks good, but my 'touch up' means applying another layer of foundation, which I'm not really interested in doing every day. I need something a little more long lasting. But I do truly love the texture and feel it gives my skin. I use Chanel's Hydra + Active serum and then Clinique's spot corrector serum and then NARS primer. If I don't use NARS primer, I can pretty much forget about wearing this foundation. With the primer, it's a dream come true. If only for a couple of hours. Reference: Punjab Mac NC 25

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/9/2010 1:21:00 AM More reviews by MIJA_97

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I was very hesitant to get this because of the price..WOW! I used to use high end brands a long time ago then i was into drugstore foundation..my fave drugstore foundation is the colorstay foundation but i was very very very interested on getting this foundation because of all the hype on YT and even the reviews on here..finally got it in the shade Syracuse (I'm an NC40/42). This was a perfect match! LOVE THIS FOUNDATION it's worth every penny!!! It leaves my skin looking dewey and it feels so soft and it just looks AMAZING!!!!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/8/2010 8:36:00 AM More reviews by shopaholic3286

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I wanted to love this foundation so much. I convinced myself to make the splurge on this after seeing rave review after rave review on you tube. Unfortunately my skin did not like this at all. After using it for 2 days my skin broke out in little pimples on my forehead and near my chin. Also, my skin looked quite oily after a couple hours of use. That's probably the 'glow' part of the foundation but it just didn't look quite right on me. The price tag was pretty hefty too, $AU99! Luckily, the shade suits my mum perfectly and it looks amazing on her, shame that my skin hated it!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/8/2010 7:52:00 AM More reviews by grace123

I'm not usually a liquid foundation kind of girl, but I do love this product. It feels light, yet it gives my skin medium coverage. A little goes a long way, and it does make my skin look rather luminous. I just apply it with my foundation brush from The Body Shop.

My only complaint is that I wish it came with a pump.

I will definitely repurchase though!

*For reference: I am NC30 in MAC and I got this in "Punjab"

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/7/2010 11:46:00 AM More reviews by pocky

This foundation is neither sheer nor glowy, as other reviewers have noted. "Sheer Glow" implies that this foundation is sheer and luminous. The coverage for me is light to medium and can be layered for more coverage. Nice but not sheer. For me, it's quite enough to even out my skintone without covering up my skin. The finish for me is matte although not mattifying. I have normal to dry skin so I can't say how well Sheer Glow would work for someone with oily skin, but if you have drier skin and would like a more dewy look, Sheer Glow is not your foundation. YMMV of course. I actually like the finish because it's matte yet the foundation itself is also light enough that I don't feel like I'm wearing a matte foundation and some of my skin shows through. Sheer Glow is good for transition seasons like spring and fall when my skin is more normal than at any other time of the year. In the winter, I definitely need a more hydrating foundation with a dewier finish. Sheer Glow makes my skin look too matte and emphasizes any flakies in the dead of winter when my skin is at its driest.

The shade choices are excellent for more yellow-toned complexions. I am around an NC20 and I found a perfect matchy by mixing Fiji (the lightest of the yellow-based colors with Siberia (pure ivory). Deauville seems to have a nice balance of pink and yellow for light neutral-toned complextions but it's too pink for me. Fiji by itself will probably work better for skintones in the NC25 range. I also tried Ceylan, which I think is probably better for an NC30.

On principle, I feel that I have to complain about the design of the bottle especially considering the steep price of this foundation. A pump dispenser should not be a luxury that I have to buy separately. I am completely at a loss as to why the bottle was not designed with a pump in the first place. My solution to the dispensing problem is to decant some foundation into a travel size plastic squeeze bttle. I would have done this regardless of the Sheer Glow bottle design since I have to blend my own shade. Trying to mix up my perfect color in my hand gets messy and mixing in a petri dish is just too much work for 6:30 a.m. Despite this, I will be repurchasing Sheer Glow and plan to keep it on hand even if I can't/don't want to wear it everyday. This is a wonderful for the right skin type. I have not had any issues with breakouts but I am not oily or acne prone.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/6/2010 4:42:00 PM More reviews by marielle78

This foundation really has a beautiful finish. I'm a MAC NC45, Prescriptives Warm Antelope, MUFE Mat Velvet+ #70, MUFE Face and Body Camel, and in this foundation I wear Cadiz. So far it's my favorite. My skin really is glowing.

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No