July 30, 2014 | 1870 users online

Foundations - Make Up For Ever - HD High Definition Foundation

rated 2 of 5 on 3/26/2011 5:58:00 PM More reviews by KTcoleman30

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I do love the packaging on this product, because it comes with a pump which is different than most other HE foundations. What I didn't like is a little lengthier; I'm a little bias because I had been using NARS Sheer Glow and loved it, so I'm not sure why I jumped on this bandwagon with the HD foundation.

When I applied it for the first time, I noticed it was fairly difficult to blend, and it was a little more chalky than the NARS foundation I've become so used to. It was also rather difficult to blend anywhere there was hair (fine hairs between my eyebrows, upper lip, peachfuzz on my cheeks) and just got caught up in the hairline and left it streaky.

I decided to test drive it through the day hoping it would calm down with body heat, but it didn't. It actually set EXACTLY how it applied; streaky, chalky and cakey.

I gave it a 2 for price because this foundation was just as pricey as NARS, but didn't nearly meet my expectations for a $40+ foundation.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/23/2011 1:40:00 AM More reviews by supersuper001

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is definitely my HG foundation :) There are so many different colours to choose from, so it's easy to find your perfect shade. It is pretty moisturizing so my skin does not go flaky after using it, but for the best results it is better to apply lotion under it first. It makes my face look wonderful in photos, and in person as well. Not to mention, it is very light and makes my face feel like I'm not wearing anything. The cons are that the price is a bit high, and it does not stay on quite well....it only lasts a few hours. I always have to re-apply it which is a drag :(

rated 5 of 5 on 3/23/2011 12:16:00 AM More reviews by MissCindy1

This foundation makes my face look literally flawless in pictures. I really like this foundation, but I only use for special occasions like a night out clubbing or a night out with the fiancee.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/22/2011 8:01:00 AM More reviews by imanvw

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

Word to the wise: if full coverage is what you're looking for, this may not be for you. Or at the least, you'll end up layering a lot on. My skintone is a little darker where it's drier (near my jawline) and lighter where it's not dry (my forehead, nose, apple of my cheeks). I tend to match towards the darker part because if I went lighter, I'd get an ashy looking cast in that area. Ick. I was using MAC Studio Sculpt, which is full coverage. Needless to say, I matched towards the dark part and ended up with a face that didn't match my chest at all! I went slightly darker again with this HD foundation, but since the coverage is light to medium (IMO), it blends a lot better into the lighter parts of my face, and you can't really notice the difference. It matches the rest of me a lot better, thank goodness!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/22/2011 1:08:00 AM More reviews by madcow216

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This foundation is pretty good, but not amazing. It glides on very smoothly, but I wish it had more coverage. I also only get 4-5 hours of wear with this.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/22/2011 1:05:00 AM More reviews by sallysellsseashells

I'll be honest, for the longest time, I was so scared to try MUFE foundations due to the obscene amount of confusing color choices. I orginally was heading to Sephora for the Mat Velvet Plus foundation but was sad to find that my Sephora didn't carry it. So, I decided to try HD. Before heading out, I checked on Temptalia's Foundation Matrix. I listed all the medium tones that might suit me. After swatching about 7-8 shades, I realized that MUFE foundations run dark. I'm always a medium tone in all my foundations and was surprised to find out I fit in the light shades with HD. The Sephora SA picked out two shades that would work for me: #120 Soft Sand (Light with yellow undertones), #123 Desert (Light with olive undertones). I thought I was more #128 Almond (Medium with beige undertones). However, once I swatched it on my face, it was a dark peach beige that didn't look right. I settled on #123 Desert due to being less yellow and was more darker which looked better on me. The Sephora SA told me that HD is long wearing, keeps skin oil free and is full cover. As for long wearing, I really can't tell that yet because it's only in the 30's here and I will need to wait until the hot and humid weather to come. As for keeping oil in control, I find if you dust the MUFE HD loose powder over this foundation, it did keep me oil free for most of a winter day. I'm not sure how this will hold up without using the powder. As for full cover, I disagree. With one layer, I got light cover and still saw my blemishes and redness. I got medium cover with two layers but my redness still managed to show through a little. So, I was a bit disappointed with the cover. Coming from someone with combo skin, this was VERY tricky to work with. I have an oily Tzone and dry flaky patches on my cheeks and around my mouth. When I first applied this, I didn't use moisturizer or primer and it clinged onto my dry patches very bad and looked terrible. I did find a way to prevent this. I liberally apply an oil free moisturizer to my entire face. Next, I dab some aloe vera gel over my dry patches and let that set. After the moisturizer and aloe are set, I apply primer and wait about 4 minutes for that to set. Lastly, I damp my foundation brush and apply HD foundation. It is a long process for foundation application, but it really makes it all worth it. I feel that the finished look is nice but wish it covered my redness better. I look great in natural sunlight and noticed that this didn't oxidate over time which is a huge plus. The only two things I'm keeping an eye on is: 1. Will this clog pores/cause breakouts & 2. Will this last on my skin during the summer. I will update later. As for the price, it's expensive at $40(US) and it's a PITA to find. If you don't live near a Sephora to swatch colors, it's very hard to pick shades online.
UPDATE: If I'm in the sun or do any physical labor, this tends to seep into my pores (even w/ primer and make them look huge and greasy). This will look perfect if you sit all day and not sweat. Also, I usually go for light-medium cover in foundations, but this looked more like a tinted moisturizer on me and just wasn't the coverage I was looking for.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/20/2011 12:06:00 PM More reviews by dinahepburn

I've bought this foundation after my MAC Select SPF 15 Foundation ended, and, so far, i really like it.
I has really great coverage (i have some pimples, and i barelly use concealer after applying this foundation), and it does not look heavy (seriously, it looks so natural on my skin.)
Plus, MUFE has a great color range, so i easily found a mach to my NW 20 skin.
This foundation would be absolutly perfect if it was a bit cheaper and if it lasted a little longer on my skin without it starting to look ''kind of oily'' on my t-zone.

Bottom line: i am definitely buying this foundation again (:

rated 3 of 5 on 3/19/2011 10:47:00 PM More reviews by princesslola13

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I got this in 177,which the sales people at sephora advised me to buy because i told them i wear mac nc 45 or c7.This shade is nothing like nc 45 imo.it looked flat, grey and dead.Apart from the strange shade,I do not like the finish.i prefer my revlon photoready to this.now i have to mix it with ohther foundations to be able to wear it.i look ill if i wear it on its own.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/19/2011 10:30:00 PM More reviews by princessandrew

favorite foundation hands down. i love the packaging, minus the fact that i'm terrified i'll shatter it one day because i'm a clutz. it's extremely pricey, but i think it's worth the money. it has amazing coverage, feels great, looks great. what's there not to like about it?

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/18/2011 2:42:00 AM More reviews by MES

A little pricey, but not super expensive. This truly looks good under all sorts of conditions, even florescent lighting. It provides a medium level of coverage without looking heavy or cakey. I am currently breaking out on my cheeks and this helps reduce the the appearance of my acne, but does not completely cover it. A pump to a pump and half should be sufficient for the average face. I really like the shade selection, I am fair with yellow undertones and 117 matches me almost perfectly. wear is about average. My only disappointment would be that i suspect that this foundation is causing me to break out. I really like it otherwise, and would repurchase if it didn't make me feel like I was 16 again. All in all a good versatile foundation.