April 25, 2014 | 931 users online

Foundations - Make Up For Ever - HD High Definition Foundation

rated 3.6(2087 reviews)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/9/2011 2:15:00 PM More reviews by tanassa02

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a fantastic special occasion foundation. It gives very even, natural looking coverage, and skin has a healthy glow. While expensive, it's definitely worth it. I don't use it but once or twice a week, so it lasts me quite a while. The two main drawbacks are the price, and the fact that it doesn't mattify. As I have oily skin, I can't use it for situations where I may be sweating a lot.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/9/2011 1:28:00 PM More reviews by pixiegirl23

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I've had this since the summer and it really is good if you know how to apply your foundation right. I have combination skin and bought the 125 shade with the help of a Sephora assistant. It matches wonderfully! I only need 1/2-3/4 of a pump for each application. The formula dries faster compared to other ones I have used, however, with a dampened sponge applicator and lotioned face, it goes on really well and practically invisible. I don't have to use another concealer to cover up my dark circles. I go over it with another thin layer and my dark circles are invisible. I noticed in my vacation pictures, my skin looked like it was airbrushed, as if I sent my pictures for touching up! Love, love this foundation, very worth the money! I'm planning on buying the beautyblender sponge to apply this foundation for an even more airbrushed look.

Some people say that it flakes or whatever on them. Remember to apply foundation right! Always exfoliate dead skin, lotion well, and use a damp sponge applicator for a dewy airbrushed look, and remember powder afterwards!!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/9/2011 2:41:00 AM More reviews by sassysammie89

i use this product with a large stippling brush to get an even but LIGHT coverage. i hate the look of caked on makeup. If applied with the right brush, this foundation can give amazing coverage.

::pros:: even coverage, not heavy at all & does not look cakey!
::cons:: the price

>works best with: Smashbox photofinish primer & bare minerals face powder continued >>

rated 4 of 5 on 2/8/2011 8:54:00 AM More reviews by panda78

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I went to Sephora to purchase an everyday foundation. The SA recommended this one as I have troubles matching and the 117 is the best match to my fair and yellow-undertoned skin. I didn't try it all over my face, shame on me. I have since used it and unfortutnately, I do not dig it. I will only wear this when my skin is having a good day. If you have any flakiness, forget it. It does dry to a matte-type finish. Whilst, I am a little frustrated with it, the colour match is perfect

*update* I actually have to take back my rating. I worked with it a little and used much less product. It looks flawless, no dewiness nor matte effect. Simply skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/6/2011 3:34:00 PM More reviews by Callie3810

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Blue

This foundation is great although it can be difficult to pump when the product gets low. I take a make-up wet brush to clean out the bottle. I have gone through at least 5 bottles and will continue to buy. It is a great value for the price

An Experienced Model

rated 4 of 5 on 2/6/2011 10:51:00 AM More reviews by AimeeJAdore

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This foundation comes with alot of promise to it, and was made specifically for HD TV and such. As a pro Makeup Artist, I do like it, but not personally for my every day use. My own skin is rather oily, med-large pores and this foundation doesn't stay put as well as I would like. I will use it sometimes for my clients if I know they are specifically having a tv appearance. Also, in tv and camera makeup, it's meant to to applied in thin layers, as a buildable coverage. When it's applied like this, and set with the HD powder, it does look very flawless and beautiful on camera. But for everyday wear and tear, I prefer to wear my favorite Estee Lauder DoubleWear. (no pun intended!) When I have a tv appearance, I use the HD foundation since I know I won't be on camera for hours. I've studied the difference on camera and print, and Makeup Forever has certainly hit on something beautiful!

rated 1 of 5 on 2/6/2011 9:33:00 AM More reviews by sarah1nicole

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I may be in the minority here, but this stuff was horrible! If by HD they mean, show every flaw on your skin, then yes it does it's job. My HG is MAC's Studio Sculpt - it covers all my pores, and conceals all my dry spots. This stuff did the complete opposite. It made my skin look soooo dry when it wasn't. It enlarged my pores. And the color selection sucked. I tried applying this several different ways - brush, stippling, sponge, hands. NOTHING made this stuff look good. And the price was outrageous as well. The only good thing was that it didn't break me out. So glad Sephora has a return policy...

rated 4 of 5 on 2/6/2011 9:13:00 AM More reviews by yellowguitar

This foundation did a good job on my face, hide my spots and other breakouts very well (I didn't need concealer anymore) and made my face look flawless. I use #140 (I'm NC35 on MAC) and it last about 8hours on me (I used it with Bare Escentuals mineral veil, and I work in the Air-conditioned room)

The cons is, when I'm sweating and I put a tissue/towel to wipe my sweat, there'll be a bit trace of this foundation on the towel..(not as massive trace as Revlon did)
Overall, it's good and I'd like to consider to re-purchase it..

rated 2 of 5 on 2/6/2011 8:17:00 AM More reviews by Hyt831

Maybe I am really into the totally NATURAL looking foundation, but what the hell? after reading so many reviews on how nice it looks on the skin and how INVISIVBLE it is on the skin, I ordered it off of Sephora. The next thing I know, I applied it in all the ways possible and it stills looks like I have a bunch of foundation on my face! I used less than one full pump!!! :( this really sucks, because although it really does look super in the pictures, it looks gross in real life!
the packaging is pretty cheap looking, i mean it is only good because of the pump..
This foundation does not stay on my face for more than three hours with or without primer and setting powder. It literally slides off my face. i.e when I feel like its getting oily on my face, I used my finger to tap my cheeks/forhead to check, and my finger is covered with the foundation!!!! how gross! I am not a oily person... its not the oilim feeling on my face, its the foundation melting! (some oil too, but you get the point! lol)
if i want towear this foundation, I have to bring a whole set of makeup with me just so I can retouch a few hours later; face wipe: so i can wipe off whatever is left on my face, primer, hd foundation, concealer, setting powder...so i can redo my face rountine!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/4/2011 9:34:00 PM More reviews by nicole33

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I'm totally in the minority here but I don't get the hype on this one at all. It looks so matte and fake and I couldn't even find a match for my light complexion with yellow undertones.

Even with the HD powder on top the makeup smudged my telephone and feels dry on the skin.

It settles into my laugh lines which most of my foundations don't and it just looks heavy and unnatural. After a day of wearing it I am so glad I didn't purchase it and just tried it on at Sephora.