MAC Face and Body Foundation

Water, Dimethicone, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Butylene Glycol, PVP/Hexadecene Copolymer, Stearic Acid, Phenyl Trimethicone, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Ethylhexyl Hydroxystearate, VP/Eicosene Copolymer, Talc, Tocopherol, Tocopherol Acetate, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange), Fusanus Spicatus Wood oil, Xantham Gum, Triethanolamine, Polysorbate 20, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Cetyl Alcohol, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin [+/- Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Chromium Oxide Greens]

on 5/25/2007 1:33:00 PM

Originally when I bought this, I tried it briefly thought, ew watery greasy and doesn't cover! then washed it off and packed it away thinking well, at least I can probablyi use it for my legs or something..

I pulled it out of the cupboard a year later, and tried again.
I am a fool, such a fool for not giving this a chance. I hadn't even let it set last time. Yes it was watery but this time I applied with a brush over some cover FX foundation primer to guard my skin against potentially icky foundations.. and it layered so that even my breakout looked like good skin! It settled into my skin perfectly didn't highlight my pores, remained dewey and not greasy when it set, and it stayed put. I powdered over top as an afterthought and was slightly disappointed that some of the glow went away.. I didn't plan on doing full makeup as I was just going for coffee and to study a bit at starabucks, but I ended up doing it because I could pull it off with the coverage I got from this! I'll be wearing it tonight..

on 4/27/2007 7:23:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

My dream foundation! I purchased this in C2 so that the yellow tone would cover any redness in my complexion. It applies like a dream, very light and natural. The colour is beautiful and leaves a sheer matte finish. It also conditions my sensitive skin. What more could a girl ask for in a foundation? I love you MAC!

on 4/2/2007 1:28:00 PM

I have tried all MAC foundations except this one, my standard favorite being studio tech in nc27. I got the c4 in the face and body, and i LOVE IT! I will definitely be getting this again. My skin is combination/oily, and this gives me the dewy look with just the right amount of coverage and without making my face look like an oil slick half way through the day. I put a bit on the back of my hand and applied it with a foundation brush. Kind of watery, but I like it, and it still gives great coverage. Will definitely buy again, although i think this will last for a really long time given the small amount you need and the large size of the bottle!

on 3/17/2007 1:27:00 PM

It took me ages to get this foundation as not all MAC counters and stores in the UK do this particular foundation. However after having my makeup done professionally with it I knew I had to have it.

It feels so light when you wear it but the coverage really is good. The price is quite cheap I think because it's a 120ml bottle, compared with the usual 30ml you get. It lasts forever - I bought it about 5 months ago and wear it everyday and am not even half way down the tube.

You can make build the colour, or if you prefer to use less move your brush through some of the liquid on the back of your hand in circles. This emulsifies the formula (according to the advisor) and makes the coverage more dense. I think it's quite good coverage anyway - and am so glad that I can do 'dewy' without looking like an oil slick now (combination skin)

on 3/9/2007 5:32:00 AM

This is my number one liquid foundation! This will do wonders in evening out tone and color, but admittedly doesn't do much for texture. I have brown spots leftover from teen acne that get covered up very well with this foundation. Other than that, I have yet to find such a sheer foundation that covers so much! I have worn this all over my face with people not realizing I had a stitch of makeup on! But lately, I like to use it only around my eyes, inner/upper cheeks, and chin for a highlighting effect, while setting my entire face with loose powder foundation. Using this on your body is amazing as well... try it on freshly shaved legs!

on 3/4/2007 2:56:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool

It's a very watery foundation, but kinda hard to blend. The coverage is extremely sheer but can be built up. Anyway, I'm just not really impressed by it. Will not repurchase.

on 3/3/2007 1:00:00 AM

I always experiment with different foundations, but this one I have bought again and again. I find the finish so natural. I have drier skin, and this seems to keep it feeling comfortable, although strangely enough I need blotting sheets during the day. I find setting with powder keeps the shine away for most of the day. Excellent packaging. I feel like I don't waste any of it. Since it expires after a year, a friend of mine suggested keeping it in the fridge.

on 3/2/2007 7:46:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

this sheer foundation really seems to suit people with skin on the drier side. my skin is combination/oily and i felt like the foundation just sat on top of my skin. eventually it felt greasy. i also didn't liek the smell - too much perfume. i definitely wouldn't buy this again. it seems like MAC has a really good color selection but their formulas aren't all that great.

on 2/22/2007 10:57:00 PM

Okay, this is like my third review of a MAC foundation but I really do love them. However, this one is really special as it produces great results. It can be worn very sheer for that dewy look, or used heavier and then set well with translucent powder for that perfect matt look. It tends to look very natural and doesn’t dry the skin out. I’m not sure how good this foundation would be with oilier skins, but normal/dry/combination skins would benefit from this foundation. Excellent for professional use as colours can be mixed really well together. Great for darker skin colours as there can be pigmentation and colour differences in these skin types. I suffer from this, as I am naturally dark. However, this foundation melts and blends into the skin and produces great results without that ashy colour.

on 2/14/2007 7:20:00 PM

This is a great foundation. I had gone through two compacts of Studio Fix before I started using this, and strange enough, Studio Fix broke me out while Face and Body never has. The huge bottle is easy to use and stores well in my makeup bag. Considering I bought the bottle I'm using now back in July or August 2006 and I use it practically every day with still have half of it left, $30 is a bargain.

Formula wise, Face and Body is thin, but manages to cover all my flaws and redness. My skin is moderately oily with dry patches here and there, and luckily Face and Body is pretty forgiving as long as I moisturize before hand. That said, I think it could work for a range of skin types, except maybe very oily skin. It can be layered quite easily, so the coverage is highly adjustable, which I love. How you apply it really determines the coverage level, I've found. A brush or a sponge gives lighter coverage, while applying directly to the skin with your fingers gives more complete coverage. Overall, the finish is very natural, but I still powder so that it lasts and doesn't look too shiny. Unless you're going for an extremely dewy—bordering on greasy— look, setting with powder is pretty much a must with this product.

I took off one lippie because the color has always been a bit of an issue. If I'm not careful and layer on too much, it ends up looking too dark. I have a feeling the make up artist at the store matched me wrong, so if I repurchase this, I'll probably go to the lightest shade, C1, instead of C2.

Video Reviews & Tutorials