MAC Face and Body Foundation

Water, Dimethicone, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Butylene Glycol, PVP/Hexadecene Copolymer, Stearic Acid, Phenyl Trimethicone, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Ethylhexyl Hydroxystearate, VP/Eicosene Copolymer, Talc, Tocopherol, Tocopherol Acetate, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange), Fusanus Spicatus Wood oil, Xantham Gum, Triethanolamine, Polysorbate 20, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Cetyl Alcohol, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin [+/- Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Chromium Oxide Greens]

on 11/24/2004 12:38:00 PM

I bought this on a whim because I already have another foundation I am very fond of (Future Skin) but I'm glad I did. The bottle is huge, so you get a lot for your money. The squeeze bottle makes it easy to control the amount you are putting on. I apply this with the MAC 187 Stippling (Skunk) brush and it goes on a like a dream. The coverage is on the sheer side, so I wear my Future Skin on days when I need more coverage, but wear this on average days. It's not matte but kind of dewey, until you put powder over it. It takes a minute to dry on your face, then it has great staying power. A winner!

on 11/7/2004 3:16:00 AM

This is an amazing foundation! It lives up to all the hype about its staying power and fantastic photo finish on the face! It took me a while to actually purchase this through GLOSS since the department stores do not carry the Face and Body..you'll only find it at the MAC Pro Stores. I normally wear Shiseido I2, MAC NC25-30, and Armani LSF #5 and so I purchased this in color C3. Surprisingly, it did not make me break out (unlike MAC's studio fix) and did not crease or increase the skin's oiliness factor at day's end due in part to the water-base formula. The other great aspect of this foundation is that it can be worn matte or dewy. Just brush sheer powder over for a matte finish or leave as is for the more dewy look. It's perfect for both sheer or medium coverage. Unlike some brands that will cake when more than one layer is applied, this nicely evens out rather than increase the appearance of heavy makeup. For those with the hygenic factor in mind, this comes with a squeeze bottle...perfect also for control. And $28.50 for a 4 fl oz bottle (that's a little over $7 per ounce)is a great investment! Specially considering that a ONE oz amount at Chanel can run you over $50...4 ounces would be over $120. Not bad...

on 10/25/2004 5:52:00 PM

HG, I can stop searching. And I think I've literally tried about 50 foundations over the last 15 years. It's the only thing that looks like my skin when I put it on, isn't heavy, lasts all day, and still looks like my skin at the end of the day.
Some say it's too oily, and it is when very first applied, but if you blot with a blotting paper or tissue, then brush studiofix or MAC blot on top, it lasts all day and looks so natural.
And I'm dry with many breakouts and it doesn't accentuate dry flakes.
If it had sunscreen too it would be almost too perfect!

on 10/12/2004 4:48:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I've had this foundation for a while now and never used it because I bought it a shade too dark. But after some long sunny vacation, now I can pull it off. I'm very impressed. I used it with Sonia Kashuk's Barely there loose powder. It gives my skin a nice glow. I love how this foundation is so light and sheer. Heave foundations tend to make me breakout. This foundation is best suited for someone with normal to dry skin. It doesnt last much on my oily skin.

on 10/9/2004 11:05:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

The first week was heaven. Sheer, blendable, buildable coverage, a radiant finish - I thought I'd finally found it. Alas, the romance ended quickly. Like all MAC foundations, this one makes me break out. Badly. I kept trying, hoping that perhaps it was an adjustment period, but it just isn't meant to be. And it's a shame, because this is a wonderful foundation for those with less sensitive skin than mine. A light application will give you just enough coverage to even out skin tone and make you look polished but natural, but this is so lightweight that you can build the coverage without it looking or feeling mask-like. The bottle is huge, and it's quite inexpensive for the amount. As always, this is a YMMV situation; those who aren't sensitive to whatever it is that's in MAC foundations will most likely love this foundation.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

My HG foundation!!! (for summer daytime)
It is sheer enough so it does not look like a mask but you can build it up to be thicker, if you want. Looks like your skin but better! The only problem is I don't like to set it with any powder because it takes away the beautiful sheen this foundation gives EDIT: This doesn't quite cover up enough for me so I took off one lippie

on 9/28/2004 11:23:00 AM

unfortunately, i found that this is terrible stuff. it gives less coverage than even a tinted moisturizer does. plus- i really disliked the extremely thin, slippery and watery consistency, and the way you have to "play" with it when applying because it IS so slippery and watery. i am exteremly disappointed with this product, and this is by far the WORST foundation i have ever tried. have an SA give you a week's worth of sample to try it before you buy.

on 9/25/2004 12:00:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

My HG foundation!!! It gives me the perfect dewy finish! I use the C3 and it matches exactly. This foundation is on the sheerer side, so you have a little play in terms of the color selection. Even if I have a bit of a tan, I can still work that color. The price is amazing for the size of bottle you get. I love the feeling of natural skin that this one leaves me with, it can also be built up a bit for a more medium coverage.

on 9/11/2004 7:24:00 AM

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

Wow! It's the best foundation ever! I use C5 which is the exact match of my medium, yellow undertoned Asian skin. It has good coverage, yet it is still very light, with an almost dewy finish. Nobody can tell that I'm wearing foundation, people just think I have perfect skin!

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

im not into the heavy caked on look and i love this foundation bcoz it feels like a tinted moisturizer...im extremely yellow toned and i switch off btwn C4 & C5...it cost me $28.50 at the MAC pro store...gives me such a beautiful dewey glow...and it photographs very well!!!i love to dust studio fix on top of this or mac blot loose/pressed in Medium Dark....*UPDATE* mufe's version is better (coverage,texture and appearance on face-wise)...no longer will i purchase this!