August 28, 2014 | 1775 users online

Liquid - MAC - Face and Body Foundation

rated 1 of 5 on 1/28/2003 10:44:00 PM More reviews by ahanson

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Well I was looking for a new foundation with a little more than a sheer coverage. This was not it. This is a very strange texture to me almost sticky in a way,and doesn't blend all that well. It also made me break out very badly. The color was good on my skin which is an nc20 in other MAC products, I'm sorry but I can't remember exactly what color I used. So basically I wouldn't repurchase because of the texture of the product the way it blends and also because it broke me out so bad.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/10/2003 1:26:00 PM More reviews by Deeny

This is THE best foundation! I only go for sheer formulas, but they have to cover - and F&B does just that! I use C4, and put it directly on the sponge. I even did a 1/2 on 1/2 off face test, and the results were amazing! My skin didn't look any different, just better! I've found that on my combo skin, I don't even need powder. People often ask how I got such great skin - I hate to tell them it's out of a bottle!

*EDIT* Well, I quit using this in C4, because it had too much green in it for my skin. On a whim, I bought C3, and it's a perfect match. I adore this foundation, and wear it every day 'cause it looks so good. HG!! continued >>

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/24/2002 2:06:00 PM More reviews by Katya94

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really wanted to try this product, and I was looking forward to a trip to a MAC store (only counters in my area!) to specifically try it. The MA put it on me, and I came out looking as though I'd dipped my face in oil. I was sooo disappointed. But, I did take a generous sample home with me to try, and after a bit of fiddling, I've gotten it to work for me. The trick is to use the foundation brush and blend a very thin layer, then set with MAC Blot powder if needed to absorb the shine. The MA just put way too much on me, and my skin couldn't absorb it, hence the oil slick. It's very moisturizing, and once I got the hang of it, the finish is flawless and beautiful. I'm glad I was stubborn with this one--I was determined to like it, and I do! :)

rated 2 of 5 on 11/11/2002 1:03:00 PM More reviews by misa

Bought this the other day in N3. I have combo, fair, ruddy skin. While this is a nice, sheer product....it's not for me. Didn't give much coverage and felt a bit greasy on my skin. You DO get ALOT in the bottle for the price you pay, but you'd probably be better off with Jane Stay Calm foundation.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/3/2002 4:56:00 PM More reviews by JadeDragon

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Four words: I hate this product. I brought it because one of the consultants recommended it to me. I was like, hey... 27 dollars for a HUGE 4 oz bottle? I'm SOLD! Okay, so I quickly ran home and tried the foundation. Hmm... it was too watery. ::Pat pat:: I couldn't even see the foundation on my skin! It was too sheer. Argh... somehow the foundation magnified my flaws and made me look more greasy than Elvis' hair. Sigh... I kept using it for weeks.... forcing myself to like it because it was MAC and because Gwynelth Paltrow used it before. Suddenly, my face broke out... insanely. No, I'm not allergic to shrimp. Wow, my face looked like it was stung by a swarm of bees. AhhHHH! The huge bumps on my face lasted almost 2 weeks or more.

Never again, will I buy MAC foundation. Maybe because I'm allergic to the ingredients (read the ingreds label... it's like a formula for ionic compound calcium sulfite) ... It doesn't even have SPF 15!

Okay, so in conclusion, I think this foundation sucks and try to choose quality over quantity (don't be tempted by its large size).

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/1/2002 7:49:00 PM More reviews by AliceinWonderland

This is so reasonable. The size of the bottle is generous. The product amount you get is great. The product wouldn't really be the best for someone that wanted to use this as a body makeup, as the coverage is pretty sheer, and liquidy. Its just a great sheer, hydrating liquid foundation in a big sized bottle. So its probably worth the investment even if you are just going to use it on your face.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/26/2002 9:04:00 PM More reviews by candyland

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

although C-3 was a perfect match for my skintone, this foundation was too greasy to wear. it might be a good foundation for dry skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/19/2002 4:51:00 PM More reviews by aelissam

Its a great buy - $28.50 for 4 ounces! Its light and gives good coverage without looking or feeling mask like and you can adjust how much coverage you want. I use a very sheer coverage look and apply it with a damp sponge. I use C1 which is the lightest available, my only complaint being that I still found it was a bit too dark, but the foundation quality itself was fine. This is a good overall foundation, but Prescriptives Traceless is my foundation of choice. This is a good standby. Update: When I was in the MAC store recently, I commented that I loved the texture and wear of this foundation, but I couldn't get a match with my skin tone, I said I had used the C1. The SA told me that I should have never used a C1 and I should have been given an N1. He promptly gave me a sample and what a difference! I thought C1 made my face look dirty. The N1 is a perfect match, although for some reason, the foundations look much darker in the bottle than they do on your face. But my face looks flawless and it wears through the entire day, in to the evening. I still use Traceless but when I want something with a bit more coverage, this is the answer. Thank you MAC!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/8/2002 7:58:00 AM More reviews by Amie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

great for anytime. buildable coverage, great colours. good price for the amount you get. will purchace again.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/31/2002 1:09:00 PM More reviews by devjas

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is my holy grail foundation.
Out of all the high and low end foundations I've tried this is the best. It's watery consistency threw me at first, but it goes on like a dream. I have sensitive skin and it hasn't broken me out. The coverage is buildable (doesn't cake when layered). It doesn't look like I'm wearing foundation at all. Love this stuff. Especially since it's only $28 for 4 oz!