MAC Face and Body Foundation

Water, Dimethicone, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Butylene Glycol, PVP/Hexadecene Copolymer, Stearic Acid, Phenyl Trimethicone, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Ethylhexyl Hydroxystearate, VP/Eicosene Copolymer, Talc, Tocopherol, Tocopherol Acetate, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange), Fusanus Spicatus Wood oil, Xantham Gum, Triethanolamine, Polysorbate 20, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Cetyl Alcohol, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin [+/- Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Chromium Oxide Greens]

on 1/21/2005 11:48:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

My beloved bottle of Virtual Skin broke, so I decided to take the opportunity to try something new (and maybe less delicately packaged). I bought MAC Face and Body in C2--it looked too dark in the bottle but right on my face when the MA put it on (I think I'm an NC20). When I tried it on at home, at first I wasn't happy; it looked fake and kind of orange. But when it dried, it suddenly looked like my skin color. You definitely have to blend this stuff a lot, and give it a minute or two to dry before putting on the rest of your makeup, and all that can be kind of annoying. If you have dry skin, you also have to be sure to moisturize well first; it's a thin foundation, not a tinted moisturizer, and it doesn't feel very emollient at all. I also find I need more concealer than I did with Virtual Skin. But despite those drawbacks, I still like this foundation; it really evens out my skin and gives it a subtle sort of polished glow that's hard to describe, without looking at all like makeup. When I don't wear concealer or powder over it, I get a nice, tinted moisturizer look. I haven't tried it on my body but it's a nice option to have. The packaging is great--I love MAC's painterly bottles. And they give you a ridiculous amount of the stuff; by the ounce, it's cheaper than most drugstore brands. I would repurchase this if I lost it, but in four years or so when I run out I might want something new.

on 1/9/2005 2:50:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Hmmm... I can see how people would like this product, but unfortunately it just isn't for me.

For starters, I am NC-15 when it comes to MAC ratings but in comparison to all of their other foundations, this shade in this product seemed a little off - not quite the right shade it should have been. Anyhoo, it was also a little too sheer for my liking - more of a tinted moisturiser than anything else which, if I had wanted, I would have bought. To top it all off, I found that it had the tendancy to make my normal skin end up looking shiny and greasy.

For some people, this must be exactly what they are looking for, especially those with dry skin. For those with oily skin or wanting a little bit of coverage (as opposed to just evening out erratic skin tone), avoid and go for a more substantial product instead.

on 12/26/2004 12:01:00 AM

I havent used this product much and when i have used it my reactions have been up and down. It's very sheer which is good, it goes on well and leaves a nice dewy natural looking complection. I would probably buy it agin, though in think it is a bit too expensive.

on 12/23/2004 4:31:00 PM

I was lured into trying MAC foundations because of their broad color spectrum. I have a horrible time finding a color in drugstore lines, so I figured I could find a good match in MAC. C3 was too dark on me, but it was the right color (yay!), so I'd imagine C2 would be a great match. I'll never know, though - I'm definitely not buying this again! It went on way too sheer for my needs (covering up winter redness). I had to put on 3 or 4 layers for it to even cover anything, and by then it looked cakey and fake. This is getting returned.

on 12/19/2004 10:57:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I've been using Studio Fix for years. I wanted something that was less powdery and more natural looking without heavy coverage. I tried this at the MAC store and loved it. The bottle is huge compared to the other liquid foundations and since I don't use a whole lot, this will go a long way. I apply with the 190 foundation brush, and use with either cream color bases on my cheeks or Benetint and my skin looks flawless.

on 12/17/2004 8:32:00 PM

HG! Sheer and natural and I LOVE it! Give me a natural glow, a "my skin but better" look. It goes on sheer but I go over my face w/ foundation brush & more product for areas that need more coverage. The formula is perfect for using a sponge, fingers or foundation brush and never streaks. Best part - I never feel like I am wearing "foundation". Actually it feels more like a tinted moisterizer and feels comfortable no matter what season - I just adjust my moisterizer I wear underneath instead of changing foundations. Love the packaging. Great color selection too. No complaints here. Would repurchase. I just hope there are no truth to the rumors that this product may be discontinued.

on 12/17/2004 8:06:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I've used many MAC foundations over the years - my favourite being Select Tint SPF 15. I bought this one because I have found that during the winter months, ST can look a little pasty on me. Face/Body is quite good; it's incredibly sheer and it evens out the skin. I dropped one lippie because I have a feeling it may be irritating my skin slightly (actually due to the cold weather and wind, I haven't quite discovered whether or not it is this foundation or simply mother nature that is causing redness!!). If you like the formula and find a good colour match, it is really good value. I use this in C4 (a little dark for the winter, but it is so sheer I can get away with it). I use NC40 in ST.

on 12/10/2004 4:06:00 PM

This foundation has got to be one of THE best ones I've ever used. The consistency of it is quite runny at first but as you rub this on to your skin, the moisture starts to get absorbed and it "thickens" up. The coverage is light and the finish is satin but I don't get terribly oily through out the day. My skin is rather dry and pale so I purchased C2 for my NC25 skin...its a perfect match. I've been using this for over 3 weeks and NO break outs. HG material for $34!

on 12/2/2004 12:43:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Like many of us, my quest for many years (and much, much, money) has been for a foundation that 1) compliments/matches my light to medium olive skin, 2) looks natural, 3) covers my adult breakouts and acne scars without worsening my problematic skin, and 4) long lasting...aka doesn't turn orange or flaky/greasy or melt off my face by noon. In a perfect world this foundation would be inexpensive and come in cute sanitary packaging. This sums up my HG. Having tried TONS of products from drugstore, to department store, to speciality salons and skincare lines, to several different mineral cosmetics, I was beginning to think that I was simply expecting too much from makeup. MAC's face and body seems to fulfill most if not all of my desires. I have it in C2, which is perfect for me in the wintertime (I may want a darker color in the summer time). I was worried based on other reviews that the coverage would be too light, or greasy. The coverage can be layered, and remains very natural and dewy looking without feeling like a heavy moisturizer. It is slightly water resistant and has good staying power, yet washes off skin easily with a good cleanser. The packeage in large, all though to get the coverage I like to cover some of my problem areas I might use more. 4 oz for $28 seems like a great price especially if it works for you. No break outs yet, but will update if problems develop. I have my fingers crossed that maybe my search is over!

on 11/24/2004 12:38:00 PM

I bought this on a whim because I already have another foundation I am very fond of (Future Skin) but I'm glad I did. The bottle is huge, so you get a lot for your money. The squeeze bottle makes it easy to control the amount you are putting on. I apply this with the MAC 187 Stippling (Skunk) brush and it goes on a like a dream. The coverage is on the sheer side, so I wear my Future Skin on days when I need more coverage, but wear this on average days. It's not matte but kind of dewey, until you put powder over it. It takes a minute to dry on your face, then it has great staying power. A winner!