October 25, 2014 | 878 users online

Liquid - Make Up For Ever - Mat Velvet + Matifying Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 11/8/2003 12:20:00 PM More reviews by littlecargo

it's coverage is perfect for day time use , but the colour doesn't match me so much , it 's little bit pink~~

i suggest to use MUFA make up base before applying this foundation~

rated 5 of 5 on 10/18/2003 4:31:00 PM More reviews by AnnieMO

This is my HG foundation! I am a PPP/FFF (depending if I am wearing self tanner) with oily and acne prone skin. This foundation makes me look flawless. I love it! It's a wonderful matte look, but not cakey. The consistency is great. Perfect for problem skin like mine : )!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/13/2003 4:14:00 PM More reviews by girlie_grrl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This foundation created a flawless look for me but it was a little heavy. It gives a 'dewey' finish, very satin-y. Definitely medium to heavy coverage.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/29/2003 4:14:00 PM More reviews by Lipglossdoll

I have this in shade #8, one of the lightest shades available. It is more neutral to yellow based. Long-wearing and a nice, matte finish. Medium to more full coverage as well. A great foundation, but I put that I would not repurchase it, as I have a few other foundations that I prefer to this one.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/21/2003 3:15:00 PM More reviews by rinie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I got a sample/tester from Sephora and well, I really like it.
It covers all my blemishes and it doesn't look like I wear a mask. A full coverage yes (I prefer full coverage). It stays for a whole day on my oily skin! I am going to buy one and definitely will keep it!!! :)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/28/2003 4:01:00 PM More reviews by productjunkie76

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

i like this foundation and i've tried quite a few. i like foundations that give buildable coverage as this one does. it seems to stay on and give me a pretty but subtle glow. the only thing is the color is slightly darker than my skin but workable. feels really light too. UPDATE 3/29/04- OK so i still kind of like it but not as much. i changed from using #1 to #8 which was a much better choice although still a little light. i am not sure if the different colors feel like a different formulation cause that one seems to go on a little chalkier and doesn't look as smooth. also not sure if it is breaking me out a little. it was starting to feel thicker than i originally thought and i am now looking for something thinner and a little more matte without being too matte. i am liking the sage liquid foundation right now. also it did not look natural in pics.UPDATE 4/14/04 ok the # 8 definitely gets chunky after a few uses and i shake it too. sooo weird. i am using sage's liq foundation right now and like it so far.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/23/2003 3:09:00 PM More reviews by lgusimat

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I really love this foundation. I was looking for a full coverage foundation that wouldn't break me out and this one worked for me. I like the fact that you can apply just a little for light coverage and layer it for more coverage. It's a bit pricey ($40 USD) and doesn't last too long, but I love the flawless finish it gives me. By the end of the day I'm a little oily, but not too bad (I don't use powder). I've tried other high-end lines like Mac and Laura Mercier, but I prefer Make UP Forever's foundation (I haven't tried their other products yet). A downside is that the color selection is slim. I'm normally a #4, but because of my summer tan, I'm now between colors, so I just bought #4 and #5 and mixed them. Oh yeah and don't freak out when you open the bottle. Some of the colors look really dark in the bottle, but try them on. #5 looked very dark, but it actually blended in pretty well.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/27/2003 6:13:00 PM More reviews by HeyDollFace

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Love this for my full coverage needs! I got a sample at Sephora and am definitely going to get a few different shades for my kit. It creates such a flawless finish. Great for picture or nighttime stuff but I wouldn't wear it during the day.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2003 7:40:00 PM More reviews by Fiend

This is perfect for my combination skin! It blends well, and without using translucent powder - it stays matte all day long!
It blends well when using a foundation brush, and a bonus is that on days when more coverage is needed - you can build up the layers!
I think its a reasonable price for a 30mL bottle.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/30/2002 9:15:00 PM More reviews by Naiad

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

For a dramatic face worthy of a 50's screen siren, Mat Velvet is a wonderful choice. A shade too flawless to be normal skin, I would not wear this to work or during the day for fear of looking unnatural, but, for all my nighttime activites that call for glamour... hello Mat Velvet!