October 2, 2014 | 1031 users online

Liquid - Make Up For Ever - Mat Velvet + Matifying Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 9/13/2003 4:14:00 PM More reviews by girlie_grrl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This foundation created a flawless look for me but it was a little heavy. It gives a 'dewey' finish, very satin-y. Definitely medium to heavy coverage.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/29/2003 4:14:00 PM More reviews by Lipglossdoll

I have this in shade #8, one of the lightest shades available. It is more neutral to yellow based. Long-wearing and a nice, matte finish. Medium to more full coverage as well. A great foundation, but I put that I would not repurchase it, as I have a few other foundations that I prefer to this one.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/21/2003 3:15:00 PM More reviews by rinie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I got a sample/tester from Sephora and well, I really like it.
It covers all my blemishes and it doesn't look like I wear a mask. A full coverage yes (I prefer full coverage). It stays for a whole day on my oily skin! I am going to buy one and definitely will keep it!!! :)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/28/2003 4:01:00 PM More reviews by productjunkie76

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

i like this foundation and i've tried quite a few. i like foundations that give buildable coverage as this one does. it seems to stay on and give me a pretty but subtle glow. the only thing is the color is slightly darker than my skin but workable. feels really light too. UPDATE 3/29/04- OK so i still kind of like it but not as much. i changed from using #1 to #8 which was a much better choice although still a little light. i am not sure if the different colors feel like a different formulation cause that one seems to go on a little chalkier and doesn't look as smooth. also not sure if it is breaking me out a little. it was starting to feel thicker than i originally thought and i am now looking for something thinner and a little more matte without being too matte. i am liking the sage liquid foundation right now. also it did not look natural in pics.UPDATE 4/14/04 ok the # 8 definitely gets chunky after a few uses and i shake it too. sooo weird. i am using sage's liq foundation right now and like it so far.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/23/2003 3:09:00 PM More reviews by lgusimat

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I really love this foundation. I was looking for a full coverage foundation that wouldn't break me out and this one worked for me. I like the fact that you can apply just a little for light coverage and layer it for more coverage. It's a bit pricey ($40 USD) and doesn't last too long, but I love the flawless finish it gives me. By the end of the day I'm a little oily, but not too bad (I don't use powder). I've tried other high-end lines like Mac and Laura Mercier, but I prefer Make UP Forever's foundation (I haven't tried their other products yet). A downside is that the color selection is slim. I'm normally a #4, but because of my summer tan, I'm now between colors, so I just bought #4 and #5 and mixed them. Oh yeah and don't freak out when you open the bottle. Some of the colors look really dark in the bottle, but try them on. #5 looked very dark, but it actually blended in pretty well.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/27/2003 6:13:00 PM More reviews by HeyDollFace

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Love this for my full coverage needs! I got a sample at Sephora and am definitely going to get a few different shades for my kit. It creates such a flawless finish. Great for picture or nighttime stuff but I wouldn't wear it during the day.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2003 7:40:00 PM More reviews by Fiend

This is perfect for my combination skin! It blends well, and without using translucent powder - it stays matte all day long!
It blends well when using a foundation brush, and a bonus is that on days when more coverage is needed - you can build up the layers!
I think its a reasonable price for a 30mL bottle.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/30/2002 9:15:00 PM More reviews by Naiad

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

For a dramatic face worthy of a 50's screen siren, Mat Velvet is a wonderful choice. A shade too flawless to be normal skin, I would not wear this to work or during the day for fear of looking unnatural, but, for all my nighttime activites that call for glamour... hello Mat Velvet!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/4/2002 3:01:00 PM More reviews by Alexis

My newest foundation obsession. MUFE's newest foundation provides medium to full coverage (I can go without concealer if I layer it) and has a slippery feel that lets it apply smoothly. The coverage reminds me of laura mercier oil free foundation, and the feel reminds me of armani liquid foundation. The shades are nicely yellow based and my only complaint is that there is a big difference between the first and second shades and I seem to be in between these two.