Clinique Moisture Surge Extended Thirst Relief

3.8

INGREDIENTS: water, cyclopentasiloxane, butylene glycol, glycerin, birch bark extract, lady's thistle extract, green tea leaf extract, saccharomyces lysate extract, sucrose, aloe barbadensis leaf water, trehalose, hydroxyethyl urea, sorbitol, oleth-10, tromethamine, caffeine, hydrogenated lecithin, hydrolyzed extensin, sodium hyaluronate, tocopheryl acetate, palmitoyl olgiopeptide, caprylyl glycol, dimethicone, glyceryl polymethacrylate, peg-8, ammonium acryloyldimethyltaurate/vp copolumer, magnesuim ascorbyl phosphate, carbomer, hexylene glycol, disodium edta, phenoxyethanol, red 4 (CI 14700), yellow 5 (CI 19140) [ILN33654].

I agree with the review written by SonnySuz on 29 March 2003. Some girls seem to think that this product is to REPLACE their usual moisturiser, but in fact it is to use IN CONJUNCTION with their day and/or night cremes.

It is a treatment that hydrates the skin - but it's not a miracle cure. It isn't going to transform your extremely dry, flaky, sensitive skin into a smooth glowing complexion after ten minutes! You need to combat the really dry/flakies with a rich emollient cream and give the skin the materials with which it can help repair itself.

I have a so-called "normal" skin (oily 'T' / drier cheeks)and it sometimes becomes dehydrated (remember you can still have an oily skin that is dehydrated!) This product is great - when I notice a change in my skin, in the morning I apply this to my face and neck before anything else, leave it for about ten minutes, spritz with some Evian or Avene water, dab dry and then apply my usual nourisher and foundation, etc. Works a treat - for me!

on 4/23/2003 9:31:00 PM

When compare this to Biotherm's Aqua Source, I like this one better. I have used 3 bottles for both of them and I found that the result after using Moisture Surge Extra is more obvious. What I mean is my pore becomes smaller and my my skin looks more hydrated. However, since there is no SPF with it, I will recommand to use this as base and put some moisturizers that has SPF on top to block out the UVs!!

on 4/23/2003 4:46:00 PM

I love this moisturizer, although the name doesn't go with the product because I find it quite light. At night I use a heavier cream but this is great to use in the morning. It absorbs instantly, and is definetly not at all greasy which makes it perfect to put makeup ontop.

on 4/20/2003 9:52:00 AM

I have to say, I don't think I like gel-based moisturizers. I really like the total turnaround and DDML much better than this. It doesn't really sink into my skin and leaves a really weird residue...I'll be giving it to my sister.

on 4/13/2003 12:11:00 PM

I received a sample of this from my Sis and it's awesome! I haven't used Clinique products for about ten years but I really like this moisturizer.

on 4/13/2003 5:27:00 AM

Clinique moisture was one of my staples during my early 20s--at that time I have acne- prone skin and get oily in just a few minutes right after my wash my face!! It is light,non-greasy, works well with suncreen and foundation especially in summer time. However, if you have combination skin, you might need extra moisturizer to pump your skin before the your go to bed.

The gel didn't seem to be absorbed by my skin. Although it felt nice during application, it just left a slight film over my face.

on 4/4/2003 11:47:00 AM

Really nice moisturizer. My sister feels the difference after applying it too. I use it in winter at night under my usual moisturizers. It's one of my must-haves in dry seasons.

on 4/4/2003 9:56:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

My skin is pretty oily, but I think it is starting to change because lately it has been a little less oily than normal. Because of this, I wanted a heavier moisturizer at night. I had a GWP of MSE, so I gave it a whirl. Didn't like it at all! The gel consistency didn't feel like it soaked in at all, but rather it just left a sticky film on my face. It does feel cool and silky when I spread it on, but within 10 minutes my face was tight and dry feeling again. I will not be purchasing a full-size container of this.

on 4/3/2003 2:38:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I was enticed by the peach coloring and smooth, gel-like consistency of this product. I don't like it much. I have fairly dry skin, and this sinks right in, gone without a trace, and I still feel dry and tight. For $35, I can find a cream more suited to my skin. I will not be repurchasing.

Popular Moisturizers