July 28, 2014 | 1272 users online

Moisturizers - Clinique - Moisture Surge Extended Thirst Relief

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/26/2001 6:42:00 PM More reviews by MegE

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Moisture Surge Extra is best for normal to oily and oily skin, not dry. I've used the regular Moisture Surge for years and loved it, but wanted a bit more moisture for the winter months. After a few days of regular use, I did notice that the moisture was staying in my skin, more than the original MS did. The Extra formula is also very soothing because of the aloe, so I can use this even if my skin is acting irrtated with no problems or stinging. I have *very* acne-prone skin and this has not caused any breakouts or irritation. My skin is combo, but can get flakey from acne meds. and this keeps the moisture in my skin and calms any flaky areas. I'll be using this all year round, and won't be purchasing the original MS anymore as the Extra is much better. In the US it's $31 for 1.7oz. It's well worth the price, imo.**UPDATE**: It's 12/4/02, and I've been using this moisturizer daily for almost a year now, and still love it!!! It works perfectly as a light, yet hydrating moisturizer under foundation, as it leaves a smooth, healthy-matte finish. In the summer, I was spot applying it to any slightly dry areas in the morning, as I didn't need all that much moisturizer on those hot and humid days. Now that it's winter, I use it lightly all over in the morning, although at night I prefer Sage's Old Lady Cream. If my skin is acting flakey at night, I'll apply this over the OLC for added hydration or even mix a bit of each in the palm of my hand and apply it that way. In the spring/summer, I'll only use this at night, as the OLC will be too much. **UPDATE 4-04**: I'm still loving this!!! I don't like it at night, but it makes the most perfect foundation primer. If I ever stop using it or find something better (lol!), then I'll update again.INGREDIENTS: water (aqua purificata) purified, cyclomethicone, butylene glycol, glycerin, dimethicone, palmitoyl pentapeptide-3, aloe barbadensis leaf water, sodium hyaluronate, tocopheryl acetate, caffeine, ammonium acryloyldimethyltaurate/vp copolymer, hydrogenated lecithin, dimethicone/vinyl dimethicone crosspolymer, trehalose, sucrose, phenyl trimethicone, sorbitol, oleth-10, carbomer, tromethamine, stearoxytrimethylsilane, dimethicone copolyol, polysorbate 20, disodium edta , phenoxyethanol, methylparaben, yellow 5 (ci 19140), red 4 (ci 14700)
continued >>

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/6/2001 9:51:00 PM More reviews by Ashleym

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Moisture Surge is the best moisturizer that I have found. When I dont use it I can tell. My skin is combination to oily and for this being and intense moisturizer it really takes to my skin well. When I wear it regularly I break out less. Also it makes my makeup look better. I have used other moisturizers that make my makeup slide off or clump up after hours of wear. This I must say is an impressive product.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/23/2001 1:57:00 AM More reviews by AllAboutLips

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is the best moisturizer i've ever used for my combination skin. My t-zone is acne-prone, yet suffers from dryness and itchiness during winter. Moisture Surge helps relieve these problems without my skin breaking out. I also like the gel texture which feels comfortable upon application...it really absorbs into my skin without leaving a sticky feeling. A definite MUST-have from Clinique!

rated 1 of 5 on 11/19/2001 12:08:00 PM More reviews by Smurfette

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I didn't like this at all. I have very dry skin, and it didn't do anything for me. Moreover, i had to stop using it because it made me have an allergic reaction to it. A thumbs down from me. The turn around cream is much better.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/17/2001 4:11:00 PM More reviews by Anne

I like using this as a nighttime moisturizer now that winter is approaching. On really "dry" days, I use it under my regular moisturizer as well. I like the scent, and I like how it's not sticky. However, I don't see how this can be used as a mask in a good way.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/27/2001 10:40:00 AM More reviews by MegE

I've been using Moisture Surge for years and love it. I've tried other oil-free moisturizers, but always go back because it never breaks me out or causes irritation. I use it AM, under makeup and it smooths my skin and gets rid off any flakiness. At night, I use to prevent any dryness when I use my zit med. It's perfect for acne-prone skin that has some dryness. I don't think it would be enough moisture for drier skins, though. I have combo skin and it takes care my slightly dry areas while not causing shine in my oilier t-zone. ***UPDATE***: After switching to Moisture Surge EXTRA, my skins been alot happier. I'll only be buying the Extra one from now on. I strongly recommend the Extra formula over this one because it doesn't contain ginger which can sting, like this formula does.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/3/2001 11:02:00 AM More reviews by Tara

This is my favorite winter moisturizer. I have very acne-prone skin, but it dries out in the winter. I need something to help with the flakies. This is awesome. I also use it around my nose when I have a cold (my husband does too) to help with my raw and sore nose.