Clinique Moisture Surge Extended Thirst Relief

3.8

INGREDIENTS: water, cyclopentasiloxane, butylene glycol, glycerin, birch bark extract, lady's thistle extract, green tea leaf extract, saccharomyces lysate extract, sucrose, aloe barbadensis leaf water, trehalose, hydroxyethyl urea, sorbitol, oleth-10, tromethamine, caffeine, hydrogenated lecithin, hydrolyzed extensin, sodium hyaluronate, tocopheryl acetate, palmitoyl olgiopeptide, caprylyl glycol, dimethicone, glyceryl polymethacrylate, peg-8, ammonium acryloyldimethyltaurate/vp copolumer, magnesuim ascorbyl phosphate, carbomer, hexylene glycol, disodium edta, phenoxyethanol, red 4 (CI 14700), yellow 5 (CI 19140) [ILN33654].

on 3/29/2003 5:34:00 PM

I think women don't quite understand what this product is. It's not your typical moisturizer, but a moisture treatment (that's why they advertise it can be used as a mask or applied over your makeup or under your moisturizer). It's strickly a gel, & oil free, therefore it's excellent for those who have oily skin but still need some moisture added to their skin. This product is designed to go on wet, then after it dries, it gives a matte finish. Now if your skin is normal to dry, in addition to using this product you would have to add a true moisturizer on top. But trully you'd really be better off buying Clinique's Moisture on Line(my favorite) which is a cream-gel combination designed for dry skin & works extremely well (same price $31.00). If you're skin is normal or combo then use their Moisture on Call. Moisture Surge is better suited for oily skin or for days when tempertures exceed 80% & you don't want anything heavy on your face, but it does not contain a sunscreen. Also, I agree with 1 of the posters who said there is something in it that stings my face upon contact, but then it stops & there's no other reaction. Hope this clears things up.

on 3/25/2003 3:46:00 AM

This is the worst moisturzier i have ever had in my life! The packaging is very bad, the germ can still enter the bottle after it closed. The moisturzing properities is not enough and it leaves a oily and sticky film on my face. Compared to other brands, this is expensive and have no much functions.

on 3/22/2003 1:29:00 PM

I have had VERY dry skin lately and was excited to see this in the latest GWP because I was hoping it would moisturize my skin. Wrong! Not even 10 minutes after I applied it my skin was dry and flakey again. Thumbs down on this one.

on 3/22/2003 11:03:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This is now my holy grail moisturizer. I have acne-prone skin that can be oily with dry, flaky spots. This moisturizes the flaky areas and dries matte on the oily areas, and it doesn't make me break out. The thing I love most about it, though, is that it leaves my skin feeling incredibly soft. I don't know why or how it does that, but my skin has never felt softer or smoother. This is worth the rather high price tag, and that's saying a lot, since I rarely spend more than $10 on a product.

on 3/20/2003 10:54:00 PM

This is a really nice light gel cream great for my combination skin. I love that it sinks right in and leaves my skin matte and comfortable.

This product did nothing for my dry skin. Because of the name, I expected a richer moisturizer. For someone with oily skin, this would probably be a good product, but I just didn't feel the "surge."

on 3/19/2003 3:20:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse

Terrific moisturizer! I use it every day under makeup and then again before going to bed. I have combination skin and this product is oil-free so it doesn't clog my pores. My skin is also really sensitive and this moisturizer doesn't irritate my skin. I can't see this product working as a mask though.

on 3/19/2003 9:57:00 AM

I expecpected more moisturizing power from this. My skin starts feeling tight after just a couple of hours applying this. It did not irritate my skin witch is a positive thing. I could use this at summer if there was a sunscreen in it. I also prefer more hygienic package solutins than this one has.

on 3/17/2003 10:49:00 AM

I don't like this product, it's stinging when applied and it gives me breakouts! I was using Dermalogica skin smoothing cream but since it's quite expensive, I want to use it and MSE alternatively. I applied MSE at night and the next morning, I was so shocked to find out that I had one painful big zit and two or three little ones on my face!! I had to stop using MSE and my skin went back to normal. Stay away from this product if you have acne-prone skin!

on 3/16/2003 5:38:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Received this as gwp and it is wonderful...helps my dry skin feel soft and am happy to have it...