Clinique Moisture Surge Extended Thirst Relief

3.8

INGREDIENTS: water, cyclopentasiloxane, butylene glycol, glycerin, birch bark extract, lady's thistle extract, green tea leaf extract, saccharomyces lysate extract, sucrose, aloe barbadensis leaf water, trehalose, hydroxyethyl urea, sorbitol, oleth-10, tromethamine, caffeine, hydrogenated lecithin, hydrolyzed extensin, sodium hyaluronate, tocopheryl acetate, palmitoyl olgiopeptide, caprylyl glycol, dimethicone, glyceryl polymethacrylate, peg-8, ammonium acryloyldimethyltaurate/vp copolumer, magnesuim ascorbyl phosphate, carbomer, hexylene glycol, disodium edta, phenoxyethanol, red 4 (CI 14700), yellow 5 (CI 19140) [ILN33654].

on 5/13/2003 11:38:00 PM

i used clinique with great enthusiasm,but was very disappointed,just like all their other skincare stuff,this also broke me out

on 5/12/2003 6:54:00 PM

I love this gel. It's very soothing, perfect when my skin is dehydrated from travelling. It's also works great for summer time.
I also like to use it after my AHA application to soothe my skin. I haven't find anything like this from other line.

on 5/9/2003 3:33:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I want to point out I am reviewing Moisture Surge Extra for MEN,not the womens that comes in a jar. I am mentioning this because I am not sure if the product is different is texture/scent/ or what have you. So unless you know otherwise,this review is for the MENS "version".

Very simple, no frills gunmetal grey packaging, in a tube. There is no SPF, and isn't scented.
I liked this moisturizer ALOT,it wasn't greasy and sunk right in, although sometimes I felt it didn't provide enough moisture, and I had to apply more in certain areas. I have bought this 3 times, and I also like Clarin's Moisture Gel for men, but I keep coming back to this one.
A totally awesome product.
I had no problems with breakouts.

I agree with the review written by SonnySuz on 29 March 2003. Some girls seem to think that this product is to REPLACE their usual moisturiser, but in fact it is to use IN CONJUNCTION with their day and/or night cremes.

It is a treatment that hydrates the skin - but it's not a miracle cure. It isn't going to transform your extremely dry, flaky, sensitive skin into a smooth glowing complexion after ten minutes! You need to combat the really dry/flakies with a rich emollient cream and give the skin the materials with which it can help repair itself.

I have a so-called "normal" skin (oily 'T' / drier cheeks)and it sometimes becomes dehydrated (remember you can still have an oily skin that is dehydrated!) This product is great - when I notice a change in my skin, in the morning I apply this to my face and neck before anything else, leave it for about ten minutes, spritz with some Evian or Avene water, dab dry and then apply my usual nourisher and foundation, etc. Works a treat - for me!

on 4/23/2003 9:31:00 PM

When compare this to Biotherm's Aqua Source, I like this one better. I have used 3 bottles for both of them and I found that the result after using Moisture Surge Extra is more obvious. What I mean is my pore becomes smaller and my my skin looks more hydrated. However, since there is no SPF with it, I will recommand to use this as base and put some moisturizers that has SPF on top to block out the UVs!!

on 4/23/2003 4:46:00 PM

I love this moisturizer, although the name doesn't go with the product because I find it quite light. At night I use a heavier cream but this is great to use in the morning. It absorbs instantly, and is definetly not at all greasy which makes it perfect to put makeup ontop.

on 4/20/2003 9:52:00 AM

I have to say, I don't think I like gel-based moisturizers. I really like the total turnaround and DDML much better than this. It doesn't really sink into my skin and leaves a really weird residue...I'll be giving it to my sister.

on 4/13/2003 12:11:00 PM

I received a sample of this from my Sis and it's awesome! I haven't used Clinique products for about ten years but I really like this moisturizer.

on 4/13/2003 5:27:00 AM

Clinique moisture was one of my staples during my early 20s--at that time I have acne- prone skin and get oily in just a few minutes right after my wash my face!! It is light,non-greasy, works well with suncreen and foundation especially in summer time. However, if you have combination skin, you might need extra moisturizer to pump your skin before the your go to bed.

The gel didn't seem to be absorbed by my skin. Although it felt nice during application, it just left a slight film over my face.

Popular Moisturizers