Nivea Nivea Creme

4.2

(European version): Water, Paraffinum Liquidum, Cera Microcristallina, Glycerin, Lanolin Alcohol (Eucerit, TM), Paraffin, Panthenol, Decyl Oleate, Octyldodecanol, Aluminum Stearate, Citric Acid, Magnesium Sulfate, Magnesium Stearate, Parfum, Limonene, Geraniol, Hydroxycitronellal, Linalool, Citronellol, Benzyl Benzoate, Cinnamyl Alcohol. (U.S. Mexican Version) : Water, Mineral Oil, Petrolatum, Glycerine, Microcrystalline Wax, Lanolin Alcohol, Paraffin, Panthenol, Magnesium Sulfate, Decyl Oleate, Octyldodecanol, Aluminum Stearates, Fragrance, Citric Acid, Magnesium Stearate, Methylchloroisothiazoline, Methylisothiazolinone.

on 2/14/2004 6:39:00 AM

I have used Nivea off and on over the years.I really like it in the winter.My hands can get real chapped and dry in the winter and this really helps if they get like that.Also great on elbows.
I love the little tub it comes in.I always buy the metal tin.I kind of like the scent,some may find it too strong,but it fades pretty fast.
If you have a dry patch of skin this will cure it in a few days.
Great stuff.!

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I never ever would have thought to put this stuff on my face if it weren't for the reviews here. I have always had extremely dry, sensitive skin but after spending last winter living in Texas, this Chicagoland winter was wreaking havoc with my skin. Before discovering Nivea Creme I had just resigned myself to the fact that during the winter my nose, forehead, and chin were going to be flaky and tight no matter how many times I applied moisturizer. Winters have long-been a "no foundation" season because nothing looks worse than foundation over flaky skin. Anyway, I read the reviews on here for Nivea Creme and even though it is scented I figured I didn't have much to lose since my skin was a mess anyway. It has been a couple of months now and I have only had one or two days where the flakiness wouldn't go away on my nose. Trust me, that is AMAZING! My skin is so soft and glowing, I hardly ever wear foundation anymore (and not because I can't -- because I don't need to). Although I usually have bad luck with fragranced products I have not experienced any breakouts or rashes. And although it has been 2.5 months I am only halfway through my tub -- definitely a great value. I found this creme to heal a rash I had on my chest and legs from an allergic reaction to another Nivea product (creamy conditioning oil lotion). I am so grateful to the ladies who reviewed this product -- I never would have known about it otherwise!

on 2/9/2004 10:10:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This is a really great creme and really makes and keeps the skin nice and soft. Really cheap (although mine is in Arabic and 2 bucks) and great moisturizer. What more could i ask for?

on 2/8/2004 7:25:00 AM

A staple product. This has been going on as long as can be! And it always works : apply to dry, flaky areas and the skin becomes supple and soft. I have very sensitive, pre-rosacea skin and this never ever irritates it. It doesn't contain any preservatives, and has a limited number of ingredients. A little goes a long way, so don't go over board!
Plus the adorable packaging and nice "Nivea" smell are an extra plus!
the best cream for cold chilly winters !
EDIT : mmm, don't know what i was thinking putting this on my sensitive skin!!!! bad bad idea! now, i am using on my dry legs, and it is okay...

on 2/7/2004 3:18:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other

Works so amazingly well as an eye cream and on any other dry areas of the face. Also a great hand and foot cream. An all around fabulous moisturizer. I could do without the scent though.

on 2/1/2004 6:41:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I really love this as a handcream/footcream or for extra dry spots. It makes my skin soooo soft. But think it`s too greasy too use it on my face...

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

It has probably been mentioned but I have noticed that some people do not believe that there is a difference in the creme made in Germany and the creme made in Mexico other than the place they are manufactured. In fact there is a difference. I have tins of each sitting here and the ingredients are different.

Made in Germany ingredients: Water, mineral oil, microcrystalline wax, glycerin, lanolin alcohol, paraffin, ceresin, magnesium sulfate, decyl oleate, octyldodecanol, aluminum stearates, panthenol, citric acid, magnesium stearate, fragrance

Made in Mexico ingredients: water, mineral oil, petrolatum, glycerin, microcrystalline wax, lanolin alcohol, paraffin, panthenol, magnesium sulfate, decyl oleate, octyldodecanol, aluminum stearates, fragrance, citric acid, magnesium stearate, methylcholoroisothiazolinone, methylisothiazolinone continued >>

on 1/23/2004 7:00:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I bought this the other night after a horrible breakout caused by jojoba oil. My bumps turned into severe dry patched that hurt really bad. I bought the small 1oz of this at walgreens for $.99 and it has done wonders for my face over the past two days! Many find it too thick, but my it absorbs in my skin after like 5 mins. Maybe I'm a dry-faced freak...but I just love it!

on 1/23/2004 2:09:00 AM

I tried this out because of the rave for it as similar to Creme de La Mer. The texture is similar and also the way how it melt is similar. However, the scent is different. I can tell right off which is which with my eye closed and the CDLM smell better in my opinion.

Okay, the scent and texture are not important. Let's talk about the effectivity. As a moisturizer for dry skin, they will be similar. As both are really heavy and hydrating, both will work good in plumping wrinkles. I don't have wrinkles but I tried that on my mom's. Both are good to use for dry mature skin. I don't have dry skin and I use CDLM solely for the healing properties and it's expertise in calming irritation. Please check out my review for Creme de La Mer. Nivea don't have either of the above properties.

If you are looking for a heavy moisturizer for dry/mature skin but not looking for calming properites, I will rec'd Nivea. If you want something more, check out CDLM. By the way, both will break me out if I use it all over my face since I have combo skin. I only use creme de la mer for spot treat any wounds/irritation. continued >>

on 1/19/2004 10:53:00 PM

I bought this creme after hearing good things about it. I was very disappointed with it. It is greasy and very thick. The smell is too sweet and nauseates me. It is not absorbed into the skin well and makes me feel unclean. It is NOT worth the six bucks I paid for it either.