Nivea Nivea Creme

4.2

(European version): Water, Paraffinum Liquidum, Cera Microcristallina, Glycerin, Lanolin Alcohol (Eucerit, TM), Paraffin, Panthenol, Decyl Oleate, Octyldodecanol, Aluminum Stearate, Citric Acid, Magnesium Sulfate, Magnesium Stearate, Parfum, Limonene, Geraniol, Hydroxycitronellal, Linalool, Citronellol, Benzyl Benzoate, Cinnamyl Alcohol. (U.S. Mexican Version) : Water, Mineral Oil, Petrolatum, Glycerine, Microcrystalline Wax, Lanolin Alcohol, Paraffin, Panthenol, Magnesium Sulfate, Decyl Oleate, Octyldodecanol, Aluminum Stearates, Fragrance, Citric Acid, Magnesium Stearate, Methylchloroisothiazoline, Methylisothiazolinone.

on 1/7/2004 11:25:00 PM

The fragrance broke me out :( it's too heavily scented.

on 1/4/2004 3:38:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

If you have dehydrated skin, this moisturizer is the best. Forget the expensive cosmetic counter creams, this is inexpensive and very effective. In the winter my skin gets very dehydrated, this is the only cream that will help my skin. I have tried many others but are not as effective.

on 1/4/2004 11:46:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I used this as a kid. I almost forgot how good it felt. Many years later it saved my skin after I almost ruined it with other crappy (and much more expensive) moisturizers.
It is a bit on the heavy side so some people are reluctant to put it on their faces. I do, however, and it works like a charm. It's very good for healing those horrible dry patches that sometimes happen during winter and it works well on knees and elbows. It's a bit tricky to use as a body lotion since it is too rich and doesn't go on that smoothly as it does on smaller body parts (such as face, hands, knees, etc). No matter where you use it, you won't be sorry - this is one of those beauty products that just can't go wrong.

on 12/28/2003 12:52:00 PM

ah the good ole nivea in the blue box. its been in my life ever since i was about 5, i think its a big thing in Europe. anyway ive recently started using it again. face n body. for face, i used it during winter wen my skin felt dry and was flaky. it got rid of the dry feeling but didnt do much about the flakes =( , but for body, after shaving, i put this on my knees, ankles, and elbows. after it soaks into ur skin , it feels SO soft. so for face, i dunt think its that great, but for body.. definetly worth a try.

on 12/19/2003 12:16:00 PM

I was skeptical. I have oily, breakout prone skin, and usually a heavy moisturizer like this would break me out in a heartbeat. I don't know WHAT is in this magic blue tub, but it is a miracle cream! I can't wear this during the day because it needs time to "soak in", but if I put it on at night my skin is absolutely glowing, soft, and supple in the morning. It does not break me out at all; in fact it seems to actually help keep the pimples away. I have no idea how that can be possible, but I do know that I have not had any breakouts since I've been using this at night. Weird. This is a must-have for everyone. For less than a dollar, you can get the small blue tin to give it a try. If it doesn't work for you on your face, it's a great cuticle/hand cream. Seriously, nobody should be without this product.

on 12/15/2003 12:08:00 PM

Thank you MUA!! I adore this stuff, so cheap and so effective. I live in the South, so winter weather and dryness is a shock to my skin. I have been alternating Nivea and Clinique Total Turnaround and couldn't be happier.

on 12/14/2003 10:07:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This is the ultimate all-purpose moisturizer. I use it as a hand cream, body cream, foot cream, AND as a nightcream twice a week. I broke out the first few times i used it on my face, but after that everything went away and my skin looks fabulous. Great after face masks and bleaching creams too.

on 12/13/2003 11:51:00 AM

A classic staple. Great great moisturizer for those ridiculously dry areas like hands, feet and elbows AND works great on your face, especially the eye area.

on 12/12/2003 9:00:00 PM

I ran out of eye cream a couple of weeks ago and was spending a lot of time here doing board searches and reading Productville reviews for days. I keep my Nivea creme (blue tin) in my purse for my hands. I was out one day and looked in the mirror and noticed my under eye area was really dry and so was my neck. So I dabbed a bit under the eyes and used a little more than a dab on my neck and it felt wonderful all day! So I started using it just at night under my eyes, but discovered that it worked just as well during the day. I'm very pleased that I can now get on with my life and stop obsessing about eye creams. It obviously doesn't have anti-aging or anti-wrinkle properties in it but it certainly hydrates very well. And maybe that's all the real expensive products do anyway, I don't know. For now I'll stick with the 99 cent stuff rather than the $$$$ stuff. Give it a shot if you've never tried it especially for the neck and chest area. Will use this until a new bandwagon passes by this board that I just *have* to try. :)

FYI - I just turned 50 and have normal to dry skin. This may be too rich for oily or acne prone skin.

This cream is thick and white and hard to rub in. It's greasy before it dries. But it's worth the effort. I bought a big glass jar of it and scooped some out into small containers so I can have it in my purse, at my desk, etc. It has worked a miracle on my cuticles and my feet, and I noticed after the 2nd day of using it on my face that it has healed two red blotches on my face that appeared out of nowhere and would not go away. I was on the verge of going to the dermatologist about them, but they are nearly gone. It doesn't irritate my eyes, used as a night cream. It has kept my nose from chapping while I've had a cold. I have not used it under makeup, but it's a great night cream.