September 20, 2014 | 1183 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Nivea - Nivea Creme

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 7/20/2003 2:16:00 PM More reviews by neblina

Nivea cream - in the blue tin - is something that belongs to the imaginary of anyone raised in Europe. It's been around for oh so long! I was smeared with this cream at the beach, mostly, since sunscreen didn't exist at the time. The smell just brings back so many memories :) Recently I've read somewhere that Nivea cream is almost identical to La Mer cream. I don't know if that's true, but I do know a few older people who use only this and are virtually wrinkle-free... makes you wonder. It's a very good moisturizer, and I always have it around.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/19/2003 10:46:00 AM More reviews by sopo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Most people I'm close to joke that I'm addicted to hand lotion. It's true to some extent--I cannot wash my hands and not put lotion on, I cannot go to sleep and not put lotion on--you get the idea.
This is my absolute favorite cream. Most hand creams feel like they are gone from your hands in a few minutes. Not this stuff.
It may bother you if don't like the slightly greasy feel, but to me, that's how I know it is keeping the moisture in!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/15/2003 11:37:00 AM More reviews by VeneziaQuintana

This is one of those that has been a staple since my grandmother used it. It's a thick, rich creme that I find a bit difficult to spread over my body, but perfect for spot treating especially dry areas such as elbows, knees, ankles, and I even leave it on my feet overnight with some spa socks. It leaves my feet incredibly soft which is exactly what I need cos I do a lot of dancing.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/12/2003 8:37:00 PM More reviews by PoisonedIvy

My mom used this forever and she has no fine lines at 56 or so, just some smile lines. And she tans, the bad thing! I have used it religiously since 19, I'm 26 now and have no fine dry lines either. It is the absolute only moisturizer that doesn't break me out. Despite the mineral oil. Also, likewise for my husband. He's prone to breakouts, but this clears his skin up too. Yep, it's heavy. Yep, feels kinda gnarly at first. Wear it at night and in the morning you'll look great. Now if only they made this with SPF I'd be set.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/5/2003 10:26:00 PM More reviews by Nickilee

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This has been one of my staples since childhood when I lived in Germany, my mom used to slather this on me all the time and my skin was so soft! Now I always have a bottle on hand, still works great on aking my skin smooth and has that wonderful comforting scent!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/5/2003 3:27:00 PM More reviews by Spunky_Princess

This is a super-rich cream that is great for hands, feet and elbows. It's a bit hard to spread on larger areas like arms and legs. It also works nicely if you rub it between your palms and gently press them onto your cheeks to give you a soft dewy but not greasy finish.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/27/2003 1:07:00 AM More reviews by kirana

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this stuff! It really works! It keeps my hands and feet soft and smooth. I like the scent and it's super cheap, too! I wouldn't use it on my face, though.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/26/2003 10:49:00 PM More reviews by galaxygoo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I don't normally buy drugstore moisturizers (I prefer ones without petroleum/mineral oil), but I couldn't resist that cute little 99cent tin at my drugstore. I wash my hands or apply drying hand sanitizer constantly, and my hands have become very dry with horrible cuticles and hangnails. I have been using Smith's Rosebud Salve on my cuticles, but it's not very practical at work because it stays fairly greasy. Nivea to the rescue! I'm surprised that this incredibly emolient lotion can sink in without feeling greasy at all. My cuticles look good and no more hangnails!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/25/2003 9:01:00 PM More reviews by chedoux

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I bought this because I've been searching for a compact container for hand cream. My skin is not dry but my hands get wrecked from washing them often (because of work). This stuff is perfect-- tiny tin, awesome scent, and very moisturizing without feeling too greasy or heavy. Will definitely repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/2/2003 10:40:00 PM More reviews by violet103

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

The cream in the blue jar is becoming a staple for me,its a really great product, very moisturising. Reminds me so much of La Mer right down to the fragrance and texture. Like La Mer I find the best way to apply this is to pat it on dry skin and I usually warm it in my hands first La Mer style.