September 30, 2014 | 1115 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Nivea - Nivea Creme

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 8/29/2003 11:10:00 AM More reviews by brendapuch1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I always have a tin of Nivea Cream at my house, but I only use it for my hands (and sometimes knees and elbows), which keeps them really soft. The reason I don't use it on my body is because it is a bit greasy, and my skin is not dry. But my grandmother has been using this on her face and hands her whole life, and she is absolutely beautiful! So would recommend this as great all-around moisturizer.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/23/2003 5:46:00 AM More reviews by MrBunBUn

I also grew up using Nivea products -- and I wasn't thrilled then, either! Nivea is alright. Most hand creams are a bit greasy and take a while to absorb, and Nivea is no exception. I never liked the smell of Nivea, though as I get older I'm sure the nostalgia factor will be more of a draw. I agree that Nivea lotions and products are creamy, which I do like, but these days I prefer using Shea butter products.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/9/2003 10:11:00 PM More reviews by AnnaMaria

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

This is a really nice moisturizer. I use it on my face and body at night. Not every night but every once in a while when I am wanting a thicker, richer cream. It's never broken me out and it moisturizes wonderfully. It's a great moisturizer at a good price.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/6/2003 11:04:00 PM More reviews by das_madchen

Ok first some background. A couple of years ago on a flight from Bangkok to London, I got a little tin of the 'full' creme moisturiser (the blue packaging). It was winter in London and as soon as I stepped off the plane, I could feel that my oily-combo face suddenly felt incredibly dry. However the Nivea Creme not only kept my 17-yr-old skin hydrated, but also made it smoother and acne free- the most perfect skin I had ever had as a teen. When I arrived in Australia however (it was summer) and I found that the blue-packaged creme was far to rich as my skin had returned to its regular oily-combo self.
Nevertheless I still highly rank this product as under extreme weather conditions (London is freezing!), it made my skin look a million dollars!

However, now 20yrs old and with slightly dry/combo skin, I have discovered the Nivea Soft Intensive Moisturising Creme, which is a lighter version of the regular full creme. This product is a god send and I completely recommend it to anyone who finds the regular creme too rich- my skin is sooo soft, smooth, clear and radiant! HTHs! continued >>

rated 4 of 5 on 8/5/2003 4:53:00 PM More reviews by Sunbaby

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I liked this moisturizer. It's a little heavy so it's better if you wear it at night. No breakouts, just smooth skin for me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/1/2003 10:44:00 AM More reviews by pennypencil

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Blue

Totally agree with everyone about this product being classic. It is sooooo chic (in an inexpensive nostalgic way)- that cute tub that has sat on dressers for years and years. This thick 'creme' is silky and smells wonderful- almost like oranges. The texture is thick and a bit greasy but it absorbs well and can be used anywhere- I love it for hands but like the idea someone had for using it as a face mask ingredient. Will have to try that one. Anyway, this is a bargain and a cult classic. BeneFit wish they had invented this. It belongs to the world of huge tinted sunglasses.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/20/2003 2:16:00 PM More reviews by neblina

Nivea cream - in the blue tin - is something that belongs to the imaginary of anyone raised in Europe. It's been around for oh so long! I was smeared with this cream at the beach, mostly, since sunscreen didn't exist at the time. The smell just brings back so many memories :) Recently I've read somewhere that Nivea cream is almost identical to La Mer cream. I don't know if that's true, but I do know a few older people who use only this and are virtually wrinkle-free... makes you wonder. It's a very good moisturizer, and I always have it around.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/19/2003 10:46:00 AM More reviews by sopo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Most people I'm close to joke that I'm addicted to hand lotion. It's true to some extent--I cannot wash my hands and not put lotion on, I cannot go to sleep and not put lotion on--you get the idea.
This is my absolute favorite cream. Most hand creams feel like they are gone from your hands in a few minutes. Not this stuff.
It may bother you if don't like the slightly greasy feel, but to me, that's how I know it is keeping the moisture in!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/15/2003 11:37:00 AM More reviews by VeneziaQuintana

This is one of those that has been a staple since my grandmother used it. It's a thick, rich creme that I find a bit difficult to spread over my body, but perfect for spot treating especially dry areas such as elbows, knees, ankles, and I even leave it on my feet overnight with some spa socks. It leaves my feet incredibly soft which is exactly what I need cos I do a lot of dancing.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/12/2003 8:37:00 PM More reviews by PoisonedIvy

My mom used this forever and she has no fine lines at 56 or so, just some smile lines. And she tans, the bad thing! I have used it religiously since 19, I'm 26 now and have no fine dry lines either. It is the absolute only moisturizer that doesn't break me out. Despite the mineral oil. Also, likewise for my husband. He's prone to breakouts, but this clears his skin up too. Yep, it's heavy. Yep, feels kinda gnarly at first. Wear it at night and in the morning you'll look great. Now if only they made this with SPF I'd be set.