July 29, 2014 | 1990 users online

Crème - Revlon - ColorStay Whipped Creme Makeup

rated 5 of 5 on 6/16/2012 11:19:00 AM More reviews by ksdjfklsdjf

I adore this foundation! I haven't worn a liquid or creme foundation in quite a while. I got the point where i was just using powder because liquid foundations that I have tried (Revlon Colorstay the liquid, MAC mineralize, MAC Pro Longwear, Maybelline Dream smooth mousse and Dream Matte Mousse, Estee Lauder Double Wear, Makeup Forever Face and Body Liquid, etc.) always either looked too heavy, not enough coverage, accentuated pores, broke me out, couldn't find a color match, too shiny or not long lasting. I wanted coverage, but I didn't want it to look heavy and I wanted it to last! I hate when I look great going out the door, but before you know it my makeup has slide off my face! Not cute. That's why I gave up on trying liquid for a while. The reviews here made it tempting to try this foundation. I am so glad that I did! I got this for $14 at my local RiteAid in the color Early Tan. I was afraid the color wouldn't match because another reviewer said this color was orange on her, but it worked surprisingly well with my summer skin color. It lasted throughout the day even with the warm weather. It did get a little oily even though I dusted the colorstay powder over it, but when I blot it still stayed looking great from morning till night. This foundation truly makes me looked airbrushed like as if I am a walking AD for this foundation! Super easy to apply and a little goes a very long way. It also washes off without much hassle. I haven't gotten any major breakouts, but I have only worn it two days. I will update if it breaks me out. I have yet to adore a foundation as much as this one, so I'd say it is definitely worth a try since if you don't like it then it can always be returned.

UPDATE August 7, 2012 - I still loveee this foundation, but I find it to be too heavy for everyday. I went back to powder on a daily basis. I use this for days when I want to look extra good.

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/16/2012 10:26:00 AM More reviews by lillicannon

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This is as great as everyone says. First, the packaging sucks - jars gross me out and this one is HEAVY - but it is what it is.

The makeup itself is lovely. The coverage is buildable without looking cakey, and you have time to put dots all over your face and then blend with a sponge. The texture is a soft light gel creme. It sets to a nice dry finish, but it doesn't look dry - it looks like lovely skin. The colors are similar to the Colorstay Liquid, but I think less grayish, which is great, as the grayish cast to the liquid is why I won't use it. I am fair and am wearing Buff, but in the winter, I'd be Ivory. I only needed a few dots of concealer on two healing pimples that are purplish - it covers well, though you could also do it very lightly.

It wears extremely well - blotting didn't lift the makeup at all for me! That is huge because most makeup slides off my face by midday. I used a silicone moisturizer and then Milk of Magnesia as a primer - I have very oily skin and only needed to blot a few times in 12 hours, and the makeup never came off. I would definitely exfoliate well and use a silicone primer with this as it will highlight any flakiness (though it never settled into my fine lines, which is great!)

It retails for $14, though with loyalty coupons, I paid $7 at CVS. They have tester strips, but only in a medium shade.

Overall, highly recommended! Truly transfer-resistant and actually looks like skin. I'm going to get my 66 year old mother to try it - I wonder if it will look as natural on her older skin.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/16/2012 12:35:00 AM More reviews by nola80

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Pros:
Lightweight coverage
Easy to Blend
Good Staying Power

Cons:
Poor color Selection
Not Mattifying

For ref I'm NC 42 and I used Natural Tan because Carmel is just a shade to dark, but Natural Tan is much more suitable for the NC35-7, I figured I could make it work with bronzer. The coverage is more light to medium, beautiful natural finish and felt dry and not tacky on the face. I use RT buffing brush along with Beauty Blender and MAC Blot powder on top. I have combo skin but my dry patches still have oil sitting on top. I've been using this for over 2 weeks and as soon as the temp went up to the 90s this did not keep my face mattified at all. However, I really like the finish and feel of this that I will probably re purchase in the winter when all the shades available come out, this will definitely be perfect as soon as the weather becomes cooler, plus I really like the whipped consistency and the beautiful jar it comes in.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/15/2012 11:14:00 PM More reviews by snake_hips

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Oh my gosh! I am in love with this foundation! I am a 40 year old (MAC NC15) and I usually wear MAC Studio Sculpt in the wintertime. I need that kind of coverage for my acne scars and red nose. In the summer, though, I have always had to rely on Colorstay Oily/Combo to get through the hot, humid NC summers. I have worn it for years, even though the Ivory is a bit too pink and has somewhat of a mask like finish. I tried this on the advice of MUA and it is absolutely great for my skin. I use a clean MAC 190 foundation brush with it every day, so the jar packaging is okay for me and I like that its easy to get a brush in there. This stuff gives you longer to blend, unlike the liquid, which dries very fast. It is medium-buildable and the finish is more skin like, so very appropriate for daytime. I use a moisturizer with SPF 15, so the lack of sunscreen doesn't bother me and if I go out at night, I can skip the SPF and have pictures made where I don't turn crazy flash white. I have very acne prone, clog prone skin and this has not broken me out. The salicylic acid is a tad drying but I use moisturizer so it hasn't been an issue. It looks brilliant over primer such as Tarte Clean Slate or Hard Candy Sheer Envy. I love this stuff so much, I'm taking my Target coupons and getting a backup. WIN!

11 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 6/15/2012 11:11:00 PM More reviews by fawn001

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This reminds me of Covergirl Natureluxe foundation. It has a similar texture but with more staying power. They both are silicone based foundations.

Coverage: NOT full coverage. I would say light to medium. I needed concealer on red spots.

Staying Power: OK, it did bleed into the neckline of my workout top during gym class. So NOT sweat proof.

Oil Control: It controled oil very well. I was surprised and that is probably the best quality this makeup has.

I would not buy this again. I think you will see this one come and go. There are too many better foundations out there, like Maybelline 24 hour.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 6/15/2012 8:15:00 PM More reviews by maripossa24

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Ok, here we go:

For reference, I have fair, sensitive, acne prone, oily skin. I'm not too sure of my undertone, which is a problem. MAC last matched me as an NC25 fwiw, though I feel I'm a tad more neutral.

This review will compare this to the regular CS in oily/combo.

The price: high for a drugstore, but not a huge deal. Most drugstores/Ulta/Target will have sales, just have to keep an eye out for them if it's an issue.

Packaging: I know a lot of peeps freak when it's not a pump, but it's not a big deal to me. I only use the makeup on myself, and I just use a sanitized baby sized butter knife to scoop some out. It's a little bulky, but it's not like I carry around my foundation in my bag, either.

Color: This is where it gets hairy for me. I usually wear the regular CS in buff, but it's not a perfect match, either. You cannot tell what the actual product color is through the jar, there is just no way. I narrowed it down to Buff or Sand Beige, and just bought both to try at home. Again, buff is the closest, but still not perfect. Not a huge deal, I just returned the SB to RiteAid no problem.

The reason I got this is because I LOVE the original CS for it's staying power. There is nothing like it. However, everyone knows it's tough to blend, and dries SUPER fast. Also, although I have oily to very oily skin, the regular CS is sometimes too matte even for me. So having read the reviews of the easier blend-ability of this formula, and the satin/demi matte finish, I thought this might be PERFECT.

It is much easier to blend that the original, and it really feels very light on the skin. However, I noticed right away there was transfer, and the regular NEVER transfers on me. After I blended this in, and set it with MUFE HD powder, I noticed it transferred to my phone. Kinda gross. I also use this on my chest when I wear anything that exposes it because I have a ton of broken capillaries, and it transfered/stained my clothes. I've never had that happen with the original. Not what I was expecting from CS.

I like the finish better than the regular, but it's nothing to rave about. There is no way this would last 24 hours on me, not that I think anyone should wear makeup that long. I believe the regular would last that long, and I don't set the original with powder. With this, I used a primer and a powder to set it. I'd say I'd get 4 hours out of this before oil/imperfections start to show through.

I can't say if this will break me out yet, if it does I'll change my review. I don't like that it doesn't have any spf, but it's not a deal breaker.

Coverage: medium to full, just like it says. I've been using my Real Techniques Expert Face Brush, misted with water for medium coverage. Then I buff it in. If I use the brush dry, I get full coverage.

ALSO: I STRONGLY feel they should plainly and visibly state that this product contains Salicylic Acid. I used to be on Differin Gel, and this would NOT have been compatible. Same applies to any ladies out there who are using retinoids and such, and a lot of us are. I would not have thought to search the ingredient list to see if it was in there. I also imagine this will pose a problem for those with drier skin.

Overall, it's not a bad product. It's not an HG product though. I would buy it again. If only they could come up with a product that has the blend-ability/light feel of this, with the staying power of the original. THAT would be fantastic.

UPDATE: I changed it to would not buy again. Sorry guys, but I worked 12 hours today, and when I got home there was almost ZERO makeup left on my face. I'm willing to bet at the 8 hour mark it was probably all gone, I just didn't have time to check my face until now. I'll use up the jar, but I'm sticking with the original.

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/15/2012 8:12:00 PM More reviews by Clorissa

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This review is for all the caramel Revlon Colorstay ladies. I had a really hard time finding this foundation in the store. I tried every Walgreens, CVS, Walmart, and Target in my area and the next city over. I ended up just ordering on Walgreens.com. If you wear caramel in the Revlon Colorstay for combo/oily skin you should be able to pull this one off too. The undertones are a little different in the foundations. The whipped has a more of a neutral tone. When I first dabbed it on it looked really muddy. But as I blended, it melted right in. I would say that it seems a tad darker than the combo/oily skin liquid. But they are pretty close. The coverage is beautiful. It doesn't look dry or cakey and it doesnt have that smell like in the liquid. I do not like the liquid version. But I find that I love this version. It doesn't leave that tight feeling like in the liquid version either. I have not experienced any breakouts. I set it with Estee Lauder Lucidity Loose Powder in Medium. For reference I wear Estee Lauder DW in Rich Caramel, Lancome 24H in 460 Suede, Mac NW43 in Studio Fix Fluid and Powder, Mac NC 45 in Studio Tech, NW 43 in Studio Sculpt. I do have oily skin and it held up better for me than many others I have tried, including Chanel Perfection Lumiere in BA64. I hope this helps.

11 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/15/2012 5:03:00 PM More reviews by Tshank777

This foundation is amazing I actually think its better then Mac foundations. That's right plural all their foundations. I love the shade in the Color warm golden. I normally use NC30 and this shade works great and stays put all day with no or minimal touch ups. It has a slight matte touch or with a little sheen to look clean and not cakey. It looks great like a very high end makeup when I put it on it looked very expensive like hard to explain but it is very nice I am very happy this will be my to go foundation from now.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 6/15/2012 3:18:00 PM More reviews by elizabethnuckolls

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Boooo.

Just like most everyone else probably, I waited a few weeks for this to become available in my area and once it did, I jumped on it.

I got both Buff and Sand Beige, as those are the 2 colors I have in the Revlon ColorStay Softflex spf6 Combination/Oily that I otherwise always use. (love, adore, and have immediately gone back to this).

I'm not super freaked out about makeup sanitary and don't mind the glass jar, but of course a pump would have been killer. I was thrilled to see I could put this on with my fingers, as the texture is very much like spreadable mud.

The jist:
This makeup did not last longer than 3 hours, max. You could see every freckle, old zit blemish, etc. And it's the type of foundation where you leave finger prints everywhere. On your paperwork, on your cup, etc. Of course I wash my hands but if I touched my face for any reason, the foundation was on my fingers. Or if I had a small itch on my face and I lightly scratched it, the foundation was under my fingernail. It reminds me a lot of Laura Mercier - and I never bought LM because of how it was so greasy and always on my fingers.

So boooo on coverage, boooo on lasting power. The two things I was after. Love that is works for so many, but definitely not for me.

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/15/2012 2:27:00 PM More reviews by isavella

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Flawless coverage and wear. Like, seriously. My skin is good right now, and a light coat of this stuff plus powder makes me look airbrushed. Medium price point. High for drugstore, but those sneaky DS companies are raising prices on the DL until they're high end anyway. I found a shade that works perfectly for me, but there isn't exactly a wide range of colors. Packaged in a heavy glass jar that's easy enough to use (I'm not overly concerned about germs or whatever) (I can see why it would need to be packaged this way). I've tried the regular Colorstay liquid in the past and I liked the coverage, but it broke me out. This? Have been wearing it for two weeks and NO PIMPLES. Well played, Revlon. Well played.