November 26, 2014 | 1024 users online

Crème - Revlon - ColorStay Whipped Creme Makeup

rated 3 of 5 on 6/23/2012 1:59:00 PM More reviews by jackplusfour

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Just wanted to say thank you to vickibetty for her review! Had me giggling for ages. And ages :D

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/23/2012 1:43:00 PM More reviews by vickibetty

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Green

Spurred by glowing reviews I raced across the border to the US to buy this as it doesn't seem to available in Canada yet. 15 minutes and one confused American Border Guard later, I am perusing the Life changing possibilities that await me in the Target cosmetics dept. There it is, bathed in glowing light. An orchestra crescendoes in my ear as I reach in to pick up the shiny new glass jar. First off, it weighs a ton. One reviewer pointed out that it was not like it weighed two pounds or anything. Actually it might. I could put this in my purse if I wanted to defend myself from a mugger. Not swayed by the astonishing weight of the jar, I continue to the cash register and pay my $12 or so for sand beige. Excited with my much longed for purchase, I rip open the plastic and start smearing the smooth foundation on my face in the car.

Older ladies, if you want to have pores at least 50% bigger then this is for you. On my way home, I am surprised how sticky the product remains, and continually astonished at how huge my pores have become. Upon my return home, I check my face one more time. My lips are pale and make up smeared . I have also apparently managed to gather a swarm of small black flies, stuck to the foundation in the manner of insects on a windshield following a high speed highway adventure. Added to this is a large black smudge on my top lip. My grown up daughters gaze at me. Knowing I have done something different, my eldest remarks that she likes my hair today. I spend some time in the bathroom picking off flies. I couldn't brush them off as they are stuck, like to fly paper. I try to rub off the black smudge but the greasepaint holds it there. My daugher tells me I have something on my upper lip.

This is almost exactly like walking around with honey smeared on your face. Shiny, incredibly sticky and makes your pores shiny and MASSIVE. I might use it to catch ants.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/23/2012 12:08:00 PM More reviews by Seattlemama

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

This product feels so lovely going on, and I'm sure it would work well for lots of people but I ended up returning mine. I got it in Buff and it was an OK color match for me (I'm NC15) but it wasn't warm enough for my yellow undertones - seems pretty neutral. The finish is satin and looked great at first but wore off midday, as do most foundations on me. This really just did nothing for my skin - almost looked grey on me. The heavy glass jar feels high-end. A good product, just not for me - I'm sticking with my Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua, which has a perfect color match for me and makes my skin glow.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/23/2012 10:53:00 AM More reviews by whoopiepie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Thank you to everyone on MUA! Without these reviews I wouldn't know what the hell to buy and would stay in my makeup rut because I don't want to spend hundreds of dollars and irritate my skin.
With that said, I think this is exactly what I was looking for last summer when I tried Revlon mineral mousse (yuck). I have been longing for a product that could be like a tinted moisturizer with a little more coverage that lasted all day and controlled oil. Boom! This can be applied thicker for more coverage but as others have pointed out it has this tacky moist feel that never seems to go away. It might be because it's summer and very humid right now but I'm not sure if I could use this for anything more than light coverage and then I still need powder on top. If they would make a super matte version of this life would be great.
As much as I like this, I still really need to put it to the test and see how it holds up to a long, hot, active day out on a boat for instance. I know that's asking a lot but that would improve the quality of my life if I could just have fun and not worry about my face looking shiny and gross or looking like I had to put on makeup to go to the beach. Ya feel me?

rated 5 of 5 on 6/23/2012 1:06:00 AM More reviews by lindseymhelms

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I love this foundation! I regularly wear the liquid version of CS for oily/combination skin and love it. I do have oily skin, so I do not find it to be too drying- and it in fact does control oil like it says... I was excited to see this new formulation.
I will agree with other users in saying that it is nearly impossible to find a correct shade based on the sealed jars- they all look the same! You almost have to know your color in the liquid version, and go from there. (on that note, I went one shade darker than my liquid)
The texture is creamy and smooth- applies like a dream! Whether using fingers, or beauty blender (which I use) it seems to just blend right into your skin, flawlessly!
I do not have a problem with the jar, as I always wash my hands before starting my makeup, and only "dip" into the jar one time. If I am feeling particularly germ-o-phobe, I use a Q tip. No big deal! I actually find the packaging to be different, and very nice quality! I would not like this product as much if it were in a squeeze tube :) Takes away the cool-factor in my opinion! haha!
Also, I have no problem with the price- it is a high quality drugstore foundation, comparable to dept. store foundations I own that retail $30+. Plus, you can always wait for a 40% off sale, BOGO 1/2 off, or coupon! :)
I have oily problematic skin and this works very well for me. I find that I do not need to touch up during the day (I do set this with my Mac MSFN) and it stays looking great- almost becomes more natural looking as the day goes on!
If you like the liquid version,have somewhat oily skin, give this a try- and don't be afraid to take it back to exchange for a different color!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/22/2012 6:36:00 PM More reviews by waymire01

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I have only worn this once, so I have yet to see if it will break me out. I have oily combination skin. It is really hard to figure out the right color.. but if you have worn colorstay before try your regular color, they seem to be pretty close. I knew I would be a shade darker than the last bottle of CS I bought because it was winter then, and sure enough the next shade up matched. Some displays have a sample of "nude" which I found to be quite different in texture than the actual product. The sample was much more dry and sticky. The actual product is more of a gel/creme texture. A little goes a long way, and it smooths onto the skin very well, with a slick almost primer-like consistency. I applied it with my fingers, and it took just the slightest touch to pick up enough product to do a section of my face. The coverage is very good, and it is buildable. It has a slightly sticky, medium-heavy feel.. and never really seemed to set all the way or dry completely. I do not normally set with a powder, but that may be necessary with this product. From a little distance it looks great, unlike some I actually found it to be slightly luminous, yet matte at the same time, almost like I was wearing a matte foundation over a luminous primer. Up close though you can definitely tell you have foundation on. It has worn well in the Louisiana heat, but it does have a small amount of transfer... it does not transfer onto my phone, but if you run your finger along your skin it does just a bit. I actually like the packaging, it is very heavy and solid, with a good quality screw on lid, and a seal to keep it from spilling all over the lid. The opening is quite large.

I would say this is an improvement over the original formula, except for the transfer issue. Like I said, setting with a powder may solve that, as well as the slightly sticky finish. I can feel a difference in the area where I applied my bronzer, it is a much better finish. It is much easier to apply smoothly, has a better texture when wet, and is not as heavy to wear. The packaging is also an improvement.

I am considering taking this back though because I prefer not to use powders except to set my undereye, I find they get too cakey in the heat and humidity, and I have several other foundations where that is not necessary. The tacky finish is quite honestly driving me nuts, especially around the corners of my nose.

If you tried this product and had the same issues, I suggest trying the Revlon New Complexion Creme foundation. It comes in a compact, has a very similar feel, although it is a creme and not gel. It has amazing coverage, blends beautifully, and sets to a matte powder finish with no transfer. It also feels lighter on the skin than this. I have used it for months and it has never broken me out. You do want to use fingers or a brush, not the sponge it comes with, and don't put powder on it until you wear it once and see if you need it.

*Update*
I did take it back. I just couldn't deal with the heavy, sticky finish. However, since I already had it on I did set it with powder.... and it helped a lot. Also when I got home I spent three hours outside working at the barn in the heat (92 degress F and 70% humidity), and when I came in I checked and my foundation looked exactly like it did when I went out. So if you are looking for something bulletproof... this may be it.

*Yet another update*

WARNING- if you are sensitive to acids, do not wear this foundation. I wore it for one day, and the next day my face was beet red and slightly painful, like a sunburn. I was wearing spf all day, and am not the slightest bit burned anywhere else, plus the redness extends past where my hat covered my forehead. This is the only new product I have used.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/22/2012 2:56:00 PM More reviews by loveisgreen22

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Based on all the positive reviews I decided to go for it and buy this foundation. I have tried a lot of foundations, looking for my HG and I still haven't found one I love. I don't have very particular skin, I am acne-prone but normal skin for the most part, about an NC 30. I bought Warm Golden and have been wearing the foundation for a couple of days. Here's what I've observed.
1. Amazing feeling going on-it feels light and it is very smooth
2.Great coverage-like i said,acne pron skin, with some acne scarring. But with this foundation I don't have to build, I put five spots of it on my face, spread it with a brush and i get great coverage.
3. A little goes a LONG way (see above)
4. Stays put all day!I I love that it doesn't leave makeup on my phone after I use it, thats quite amazing to me. I also happened to buy this the week of a heat wave in NYC and even though it was sweltering I didn't have to touch up once.

Now here's the dilemma: Despite all these great things, there's just something about this foundation that is keeping it from HG status, when i put it on, it just looks flat on my face. DULL?ashy? I see other people with similar complaints on here, so there must be something to it.I have no idea but there is something OFF about it. Maybe its because I usually don't have time to let it dry after I put it on before I set with powder?Maybe I'm not putting it on right? (i am open to suggestions)

Regardless, it is just not hitting all the right notes for me, and may end up being returned, unless I can figure out how to apply properly. Sad, because I really wanted my search to be over!

rated 1 of 5 on 6/22/2012 2:30:00 PM More reviews by dreamonnnnnn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Yuck! For reference in NW20/NW22 and have combo skin.....i tried 3 different shades and all made me look dry and dull....i even bought an illumizing primer to put underneath bc i really wanted to love this foundation......not...i returned them all and went back to my MAC SFF.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/22/2012 9:15:00 AM More reviews by pauley

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Nope did not like it it was dry feeling and cakey looking it left dry patches
by the end of the day I will stick with maybelline age rewind looks more
natural.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/21/2012 10:46:00 PM More reviews by kristen20

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Skin Type: Fair, and neutral to yellow-toned (NC15). Oily and clog-prone.

I've been experimenting with this foundation for several weeks, and I must say, I am very impressed! I had a bunch of samples from Sephora of various expensive foundations which went in the garbage after trying this (among them being Koh Gen Do, Giorgio Armani, and Dior). I am always on the hunt for my HG foundation. I tend to favor foundations with medium-full coverage, with a matte or satin finish. This fulfills both the requirements. It is a cream foundation which has a noticeable silicone feeling, dimethicone being the first ingredient.

The first time I tried it, the feeling was very off-putting to me, I thought it felt slightly too sticky and dewy. I immediately washed it off. The next day, I decided to give it another try and set it with powder. I was completely amazed at the beautiful, satin finish that resulted. The key is to set it with a light translucent powder, I use Chanel Natural Finish loose powder. I prefer to use a puff to press the powder into the skin, which helps it set better, and dust the excess off with a powder brush. Despite the beautiful finish, I definitely did not expect it to last. However, I was extremely surprised when I went to the bathroom for my mid-day touch up, and everything looked exactly the same! My skin was still perfectly matte, with no redness peeking through, or caking. The shade Buff also matches my skin quite well, it could be a tad more yellow-toned, but I don't believe it's noticeable to anyone other than myself.

Overall, I would recommend this to anyone looking for medium-full coverage, with a satin finish. It lasted very nicely on my oily skin. It continues to amaze me how I favored this over much pricier foundations. Dare I say, this could be holy grail material? :)

**EDIT: Just wore this in 100 degree weather, it lasted the whole day! Amazing. I also tried a few more samples of longwearing, high-end foundations like YSL Teint Resist, and I have yet to find one that compares.

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No