January 29, 2015 | 1250 users online

Crème - Revlon - ColorStay Whipped Creme Makeup

rated 5 of 5 on 6/27/2012 10:03:00 PM More reviews by blueeyescppw

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I should start by saying I have never regularly worn foundation in my 40+ years. Partially because I have good skin, and partially because every foundation I have ever tried - even expensive ones applied by SAs - have made my skin look WORSE than it is. Every time I have tried foundation, I look in the mirror and am horrified that my skin looks dry and dead, has lost all of it's glow, and my fine lines look more pronounced.

So I have always stuck to either nothing or tinted moisturizer in the past. But I tried this stuff based on the reviews here and also because I feel like my skin is starting to look a little more uneven in tone as I get older. I am so impressed. This does what foundation should do - it looks like my skin, perfected. It doesn't look like I am wearing makeup like all other foundations I have tried, and it makes my fine lines look lessened, not more obvious. I love, love, love this. Been wearing it for a week in hot weather and it stays on. Haven't even used powder. No breakouts so far - I'll come back and update if that happens...and I'll cry too.

Natural Beige is a perfect match for my skin. I don't know my MAC "number" but my skin always fits in the "medium" category when "light, medium, or dark" are choices, and if the choice is "light/medium or medium/dark", the darker one always works better for me. Sorry I can't be more specific than that. Also, I have early 40s dry-to-normal skin, generally not prone to breakouts. The pot it comes in is pretty but it definitely is heavy if you were to carry this in your handbag and I'd prefer a pump. I'll live.

I will definitely purchase this again. I'm so pleased with how my skin looks and feels with this on.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/27/2012 9:30:00 PM More reviews by CMcNChrist

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I went to Walmart today and bought this foundation cream in Rich Ginger. I actually love this foundation because it made my face look natural and not cakey at all. I have very dry skin so I could feel it on my skin. If i didnt feel it..then there would be a problem. I NEED MOISTURE! Anyways the only thing I do not like about it is that it is a cool or neutral based and I have yellow undertone. When I put this on my face it made my face look dull and did not match my golden looking skin. I try to find Warm Golden but could not find it anywhere! Well in all I LOVE the foundation but it was not yellow undertone based. I tryed the Caramel but it made my face DARK! So Rich Ginger really was on the spot but not yellow undertone once again. I have NC43 skintone in MAC. So i hope this was helpful!! <(^-^<)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/27/2012 6:53:00 PM More reviews by alyssa18o6

I loved the original colorstay foundation. I had switched to Neutrogena healthy skin. On a normal day by mid afternoon I would be oily and would have to blot, and touch up with powder. I liked it but I wasn't in love. I couldn't wait to pick this up and try it. I purchased this over 2 weeks ago, and im in love. I apply it with my fingers, although the packaging isn't the most sanitary. I do make sure to use clean fingers and try not to double dip. I haven't tried any other way to apply the product yet, but im thrilled with using my fingers now. This product gives amazing coverage, sometimes I don't even need concealer depending on the amount of redness on my skin. I have yet to have to retouch or blot oil yet since wearing this for over two weeks! The price is a little steep for drugstore foundation, but with coupons and sales you can get a deal. I will definitely keep repurchasing.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/27/2012 5:26:00 PM More reviews by HeartFulLove

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I wanted to LOVE this product as I am always attracted to products that promise a longwear effect. I have oily skin, and with heat, it becomes even oiler! Haha..This product is not horrible, I just wouldn't repurchase. I have noticed that after a few hours it would wear off, specially since I use blotting sheets to help control the oil. It is not full coverage as many claim, definitely buildable, but the product is described as light to medium coverage! I don't feel this is a 24 hour wear foundation. My overall thought is I feel it leaves my skin oily, even after setting, I do believe it's a little overpriced, and maybe for those that don't have much of an oily skin it would be ok.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/27/2012 4:49:00 PM More reviews by DivaDeLosMuertos

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

Well my Rite Aid FINALLY got these in and I picked myself up one last night! I tried it on as soon as I got home and put it on again today and so far these reviews haven't lied, this stuff is great. It was a little hard to figure out my shade in the store because they put no testers out (because it's the drugstore) and since the glass jar is frosted so you cant see the exact color but I ended up picking True Beige and it's a pretty good color for me (I wear Natural Tan in CS for Oily skin). The shade difference between Natural Tan in liquid CS and True Beige in CS Whipped is True Beige is a little lighter and it's a little more pink / cool toned than i'm used to wearing (I have neutral toned skin) But, it does work on me with no problem!

The texture I wouldn't really call whipped, but it's definately a cream and it's lighter than most other creams with THIS level of coverage. The foundation is water based instead of oil based like liquid CS and feels very light on the skin. The claim on CS Whipped is to last for 24 whole hours which obviously im not going to try but I can vouch that I washed my hands a few times with a swatch of it on that wouldn't budge. The coverage I would say is medium-high, and it can be built without getting all cakey. I can cover 95% of my brown acne spots with this, no concealer, and my skin can still breathe under it.

ALOT of people are complaining that it comes in a glass jar and that it's considered unsanitary, but you wash your hands and brushes before you apply your makeup don't you? And use clean sponges? If so, then it's no more unsanitary than a foundation that comes in a tube. Tubes and glass jars are pretty much the same when it comes to bacteria, When you squeeze a product out of the tube airborne bacteria pushes back inside. As long as you are clean when you apply your makeup in the jar, you won't be getting any more bacteria in the product than you would if it were in a tube. This is why the jar doesn't bother me and I actually kinda like how classy it looks

The makeup does well with almost any application, you could use your fingers, a sponge, or a brush, and it still goes on smoothly. When it sets, the finish isn't exactly matte or dewey. It's somewhere in the middle and gives a "My skin but better" finish. The only thing you MUST do when you wear this makeup is set it, with a powder or setting spray because it won't set itself and can stay kinda tacky. This can be a good thing or bad thing depending how you look at it. You get much more time to blend and play around with the foundation to build your coverage, but if it's not set it will surely transfer (In my experience). I don't really have any complaints with this makeup, I love it so far and I don't foresee that it will change anytime soon

8 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 6/27/2012 4:16:00 PM More reviews by Blubird23

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have used the Colorstay liquid foundation (normal/oily) for years but I'm not 100% in love with it so every once in a while I go searching for something else. I'm mostly limited by being very acne prone, almost everything breaks me out. What I like about the CS lquid: does not break me out, stays put all day, and doesn't rub off on clothing. What I hoped the mousse would improve upon: better finish (liquid can make skin a little dull looking), and less drying. I also hoped it would feel a bit less heavy and mask- like on the skin. While I do think this felt less heavy on, it felt stickier than the liquid and it seemed to take more product to get as much coverage. It's decently long wearing but got a little patchy by the end of the day. This broke me out within a day so it's definitely not safe to assume that if the liquid works for you the whipped will too. This didn't agree with my skin so I would not repurchase for that reason, but overall it just didn't wow me enough to consider buying it again even if I had not broken out from it.
The color range is limited, even more limited than the CS liquid and I got 150 Buff which is the closest to my skin but still seems a bit grey in both formulations. The packaging of the CS whipped is even more ridiculous than the much hated pump-less bottle of the liquid foundation. A huge, heavy glass jar with only 0.8 oz. of product (compared to 1 oz. of the liquid.) I get what Revlon is going for here, the jar makes it seem higher end and people like dipping into a bouncy, mousse-y, nice feeling product but realistically, I am not going to carry that thing around in my makeup bag.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/27/2012 3:17:00 PM More reviews by daisymrgrta

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

my only complaint is that it was hard to choose the correct shade because the glass jar lightens up the way the color looks. I bought what looked to be the equal of the shade I use in liquid form. Once I got home I realized the color was too dark (about 2 shades too dark). I set this aside and went back to using the liquid form. Since my skin has gotten some color now that summer is in full swing I decided to try out this whipped makeup again and now it matches PERFECTLY. I've only found that applying it with my fingers gives me a flawless finish. I haven't tried using a damp sponge though. That's my next step because I hate the feeling of foundation on my hands.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/27/2012 11:13:00 AM More reviews by katty81690

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I picked up this product last night...I would have loved to get it sooner, but for some reason, not many stores carry my shade (Ivory). I finally found this at a Target near my town and I picked it up right away! I used it this morning and ahhhhhhh is all I can say...It's light, it has AMAZING coverage, and even after going on a half hour walk and sweating, my face does not really feel more oily than usual! I definitely can feel that I'm wearing something on my face, however, it's so much lighter than some other foundations. The only problem is I'm not sure how to apply it without "contaminating" the product. Normally I pour or squeeze the foundation on the back of my clean hand, with this, I just dipped the makeup sponge at the top part of the white cap. Maybe from now on what I'll do is take the makeup sponge and scoop whatever I need out on the back of my hand and take it from there. No big! I am going to a wedding this weekend and I can't WAIT to wear this! <3

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/26/2012 9:57:00 PM More reviews by sarahg7

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this foundation! I have extremely oily skin, acne and scarring. I have had trouble finding a foundation that covers well, yet doesn't make my skin look like an oil slick after 10 minutes. This foundation, along with using MOM as a primer, is amazing! I barely have to blot my skin at all during the day, and even after working out, it still looks great. I am so happy I found this!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/26/2012 6:03:00 PM More reviews by sl40

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This stuff is fantastic. I don't mind the packaging because I use a damp sponge to apply my makeup. It's buildable and lasts all day. I have not used a foundation like this ever and I have used many. The color choices are limited and I got lucky to find one. Revlon really needs to step it up on color choices for other women. Edit: On my second jar and am still pleased with the results. Guess I found my HG!