October 24, 2014 | 1069 users online

Crème - Revlon - ColorStay Whipped Creme Makeup

rated 3 of 5 on 6/21/2012 9:17:00 AM More reviews by Pambryant

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I DO LIKE HOW THIS LOOKS ON MY NECK AND CHEST VERY MUCH-SO I THINK IT'S JUST NOT THE RIGHT MU FOR MY FACE
(sorry for the screaming right there)

UPDATE: I tried pressing powder into my pores before applying this foundation. I didn't have the settingling into pores then, but still my fine lines between my eyebrows are very noticeable.

This foundation is basically foundation with primer ingredients added. You might as well do what a man at Norstrom suggested, and just blend foundation with primer on the back of your hand.

The darker shade (I switched from Nude to the next darker shade) worked much better, but I still think this foundation is better for younger women. It's average IMO.

FIRST DAY: I'm very disappointed. I agree with another reviewer that it settles in lines and pores-looked cakey on me. My face looks like a mask. I purchased Nude, but I might try exchanging it for a darker shade to see if that helps. The woman at Walgreens said that they could be returned even if used, so that's a plus.

I agree it feels as if primer is mixed in the foundation.

It's extremely difficult to find your shade because, as others have mentioned, almost EVERY color looks the same, and some look greenish or gray through the glass of the container.

After hearing so much about it, and the relatively high price, I expected better.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/20/2012 6:41:00 PM More reviews by Snackmeister

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is a super product for me. It's not perfect, but I do love its good points:

* I achieved a perfect color match (never happens)
* Blendable, buildable
* Excellent coverage without looking cakey
* Looks like skin, not like a mask
* OUTSTANDING, MIRACULOUS oil control. It's seriously like nothing I've ever tried. What's IN this stuff??

There's one con for me, and it's a big one. Somehow, even though the finish is satiny and somewhat transparent, this foundation makes my skin look, for want of a better word, dull. I own several other foundations that, even though they're not a good color match, serve to kind of "light up" my complexion. Not this one. I can't figure out what the issue is, exactly, but it doesn't really make me look my best. Oh well. I can live with it : )

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/20/2012 6:32:00 PM More reviews by lovedrunk

I have found my HG foundation! I have been using Revlon Color Stay foundation for a few years now and I have been pretty pleased with it. The one con I have with the Color Stay formula is that it can sometimes feel SO heavy on my face. When I saw the Whipped Creme formula I was kind of hesitant as I have not strayed away from the Color Stay in years and I was a little skeptical. The packaging of this product scared me as you can't really tell what the actual color is in the glass jar; every color, their lightest to darkest shades looked exactly the same. I pretty much took a guess as to what color would suit me best as I figured I could always mix it with the Revlon Color Stay I already had. The formula is interesting to the touch as it feels a lot creamier than the Color Stay formula. I don't like how you have to stick your fingers in the actual foundation to get it out but this was just a minor set back. This formula is SO MUCH BETTER than the Revlon Color Stay. It is perfect for summer as it feels so much lighter on my face and doesn't even feel like I am wearing any foundation at all. It doesn't cake up - and a little bit of it goes a long way. I like full coverage as I have some dark acne marks and this foundation conceals them perfectly with such a small amount of product. I do believe it is a little pricey for a drug store foundation but I do believe it is so worth it. If you're looking for full coverage and a foundation that is going to feel very light on your face then I would definitely splurge on this product. The jar is also huge and will last a long time.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/20/2012 4:10:00 PM More reviews by jessadores

I try not to give into newly hyped products, especially when I feel that I might already have something similar in my stash. However I am always looking to find a good foundation and I found one! Plus I feel like I don't have anything like this. I don't know if it is HG for me yet and sometimes I don't realize it until I run out of a product and then go running back to it. I will say ahead of time this is one of the longest reviews I have written, so sorry if you don't like lengthy reviews, I just wanted to be thorough.
Color:
I got this in shade 200 Sand Beige and it is dead on with my current tone (even when I looked at myself outside), which I would say is now NC25 and NC20 in winter (so I think I have to go down to Buff in winter). I like many, have tried the regular colorstay and it was very cakey looking and pulled greyish and in flash photos I looked ghostly-pale-grey. I first tried the regular colorstay in sand beige, but then went to nude because the greyish cast. I had seen this new whipped colorstay at Target and they didn't have this shade so I was looking at Nude and I'm glad I didn't get it, I'm sure it would have been too dark. However, since this makeup blends so nicely, I feel it is more forgivable if you get a not so perfect match. I found this shade at CVS. As far as undertones go, I compared this to my NC20 prolong wear concealer from mac and it did not look as yellow, but it did not look pink either.
Skin type:
I have combo skin and do set this with powder to make it more matte and last longer on the t-zone, if I don't set it, it almost looks like my real skin and for the times I don't need it to last all day I will probably skip the powder. I do have to say at first it looks a little cakey, but then it sinks in and looks perfect. I used to have very acne prone skin and I think I figured out the problem was the BC I was using. Now I do get a few small pimples, but nothing big. This did not make me break out. I know this is not good, but I also fell asleep in this on three separate occasions and no breakouts. One of these times was a two hour nap and I woke up still wearing the makeup and almost looking the same.
Lasting power:
I put it on in the morning getting ready for school around 530am came home 12 hours later and it looked almost exactly the same except a slight dewiness. I had finals and was in the library for 5 hours strait so I didn't have the time to touch-up and at that point did not care how I looked.
Application:
I first tried with my elf powder brush (flat-top) and it seemed that it soaked up almost all the foundation and didn't do much for me, but if you are going for a light application that may be the way to go. I also tried a damp sponge, which provided a little more coverage along with a regular foundation brush and because of how awsomely this blends, there were no streaks. However, due to my hyper-pigmentation I need as much coverage as I can get so I either use my fingers or my stippling brush. Again because of how easy it is to blend I can just stipple and not blend or swirl the brush. I'd say it is build-able to a medium-full coverage, but the more you add the more it can cake up (just like any other foundation), so I only add extra to my cheeks (my problem areas) and since there are really no cracks or crevices there, I had no problems. I know many do not like the jar and I don't particularly like sticking my fingers into jars then putting that on my face either. However the pros I see to the jar are not having to pour it out, getting the perfect amount and being able to use every last bit.
Overall:
I really like it and would not be surprised if this turns into HG for me. The only problem I see others having, is finding a shade. Like many when I opened the jar I was surprised at how dark it looked inside.Also, it is a cream which worries some, it worried me when I first rubbed it on my face, it almost felt greasy. However, I live where it is very hot in summer (100's) and it did not feel like anything outside. The price is kind of high, but sales/deals at drugstores come around periodically enough to lower it, and IMO I would pay the price now that I know how great it is. Also, the fact that this contains salicylic acid may be an issue. Since I have combo skin it was no big deal, but the days I wore this for many hours and even fell asleep in it, I noticed a tight/dry feeling in my drier areas.
Cons:
The two cons that I mainly saw was that since I build this foundation up, I can see myself flying through this product very fast which would then make the price not worth it for me. Finally, unlike the regular colorstay it transferred a little bit. However I noticed it was when things rubbed on my face like my sunglasses and my phone. Not when things only touched my face. Like I said I feel asleep in this, but there was nothing that I noticed on my pillowcases.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/20/2012 12:02:00 PM More reviews by Beautlfy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This foundation is gorgeous. Its a mousse-like, creamy foundation. Unlike Maybelline dream smooth cream foundation - this foundation is not solid. It is a bit of a wet formulation inside its glass jar - (which is very high quality and heavy) It covers and blends like a dream - and I have went a few days without powdering overtop of it - and IT STAYED FOR HOURS. Longer than ANY cream foundation I've ever tried even without setting it with a powder (And i've tried many cream foundations because I have dry skin.) This foundation is dependable in humidity! However I HAVE worn it for 24 hours and It did not last that long. But still, i'd buy it again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/19/2012 10:53:00 PM More reviews by Wendy1954

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I purchased this based on reviews here. I picked the 200 shade as another fair-medium person did but I thought it was just a bit too dark. Spreading of this product is good with either a flat brush or fingers. I used a stippling brush once and it picked up way too much product. You might be better to use that kind of brush if the product is dabbed on face and then use for spreading. The coverage is light-medium and definitely stays tacky for about 30 minutes. You can pat on a bit of powder to tone down some shine as well. Personally I would still give this product another shot with another shade lighter that I can blend with this one.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/19/2012 7:54:00 PM More reviews by Darya155

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

At first, I really wasn’t entirely sure how to feel about this foundation. I tried applying it first with a Real Techniques buffing brush and it just didn’t seem to spread the foundation around as much as I’d hoped. Tried it with fingers, but I tend to hate using my hands for foundation (just preference for me) but it seems to glide on extremely well with fingers. Tried it with a beauty blender type sponge and it just didn’t wow me like most beauty-blender-foundation-applications do (I basically use the beauty blender for foundations that are hard to blend out and are on the drier side). It wasn’t amazing with this foundation though either. Finally, I tried my F82 round top by Sigma and it seemed to buff the foundation in just right but it made the coverage a bit more sheer than the other methods.

This gets 4 lippies from me purely for its superb staying power on my very oily skin. I apply it and let it sit for a little then set it all over with a powder. I noticed that the powder you put over it really seems to alter the appearance of the foundation though—some powders are just not as compatible with this foundation as others so you really have to be more careful if you normally like to pile on the powder like I do on top of the foundation and find one that looks more natural overtop of this. My go-to powder made this foundation actually look dry and accentuated weird drier spots on my face which was no good. Overall, I’d say with this only powder the most oily areas (forehead, nose, chin for me) and lightly dust some over the non-oily areas as if you cake on the powder, it tends to look heavy and dry (which is strange for my oily skin). These two cons about application and its sometimes unnatural look on the skin are why I gave it only 4 lippies.

The foundation seems to hold back the oils extremely well for me and that is the main reason I like it. I find it applies in a satiny finish and doesn’t really matte down on its own but I powder over all foundations, so it doesn’t matter to me. It still leaves you with a foundationy feel on the skin, but it’s much more comfortable than the original Colorstay and this one I can bear much more easily. The color Buff 150 in my opinion is almost identical to the liquid Buff 150 version—yellow undertone and pale. I would not say the coverage on this is full but rather medium to medium full. I can build it up to cover blemishes usually but I wouldn’t say this has MORE coverage than the liquid CS. I’d say this has less but this may be due to the different texture and method of application I need to use for this foundation vs. the liquid Colorstay.

I had debated returning this foundation simply because I felt it didn’t live up to the claims of full, matte, long-lasting coverage here on makeupalley, but I guess I’ll keep it for when I need a long lasting foundation on hot summer days. I still prefer my Almay TLC foundation in Buff to this however as it feels and looks more natural on the skin and keeps the oil back just as well. This isn’t holy grail material for me, but because of its lasting power, it certainly is likeable.

I love the jar packaging as you will be able to get 100% of the product out of the container and this is especially important since you only get 0.8 oz in this vs. the regular 1 oz. I just dip my brush or fingers into the product directly to get it out and onto my face—no reason this is unhygienic as long as your hands are clean. Overall, it’s ok but unless I find a more amazing way to apply this to get the full coverage and natural look everyone else seems to get form it, I would not buy this again.

Edit: I had used it a few more times and finally decided how I feel about it. I must say that my experiences are somewhat inconsistent with many other's so maybe I got some off batch or something but... After having moisturized my very oily skin, I went to apply this foundation with my F82 (what I thought was the best method as stated before) and it just did not want to sit on the skin very naturally. It looked and felt like I was wearing a heavy base of makeup and on top of that, all of the dry patches (which aren't even that dry on my oily skin) were accentuated immensely. This was the most disappointing part. The foundation just seems very dry in texture to me. Also, I noticed this before but fully experienced it the last time I used this foundation: it isn't very easy to apply and blend in a concealer of a different texture (i.e. not the same texture as the whipped creme foundation) overtop of the foundation--the two just don't seem to blend and harmonize very nicely. It ends up taking the foundation off underneath and just looking very odd around the edges of the concealer which I apply with my fingers or pat on with a brush. My last problem with it was the fact it didn't seem to fully settle and meld into the skin until quite some time later after powdering and after my oils had started to come through and "soften" up the look a bit. This is about 30 mins after I apply the foundation that it begins to even look less like foundation and more like skin. The foundationy-chemical smell that this has is also much more off-putting to me than the regular Colorstay scent or most other foundation scents for that matter. I am not usually bothered by scents but I just notice this one a lot more when applying it. So that is my final verdict. I returned this foundation and have no desire to try it again. I would say definitely try this one as it's quite unique and definitely something interesting to try but keep the receipt just in case.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/19/2012 3:53:00 PM More reviews by axialmeow

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Overall I like this. I initially purchased it in the color Buff. It's the same color I wore in the original Colorstay and the shade is pretty similar.
But it's summer here and I've been outside and my skin is too dark for that shade now so I got it in the color Nude.
I love how this feels going on. Sooooo smooth and creamy and it does feel whipped.
I have super, super oily skin. I mean like I am blotting less than an hour after applying my makeup. It's always been like this and it sucks.
This makeup is AMAZING at oil control. I didn't blot for over 6 hrs the other day!
But there are some cons. One being that it feels like foundation whipped with silicone primer. It feels nice going on, yes. But it also feels like it never dries. Thanks to my sparse, thin brows I have to use eyebrow pencil and it just slips and slides on this foundation. It also causes it to smear off easily. But I set it with powder and that helps. Another con is the large, heavy jar. It looks nice but it terrible for traveling. But no paint smell like the original Colorstay so that's nice. I also think that it feels alot lighter on the skin. I love full coverage foundations and this is one. I wasn't a fan of the original. I felt like it broke me out. This has never broken me out and I have fallen asleep with it on numerous times.
I definately recommend giving this a try. Good luck finding a color match because you can't see the shade in the jar. I just had to guess by looking at the colors of the orignal makeup. It's not identical but close.

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/19/2012 3:14:00 PM More reviews by makeupdivajunkie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I normally don't write reviews unless I am absolutely AMAZED by a product. I have worn mineral makeup for years and have been increasingly unhappy with the way it would accentuate my pores and fine lines making me look older. Not good being that I will be 35 this year. I have very dry spots on my face as well and use Cereve creme to control the dryness so having dry skin resulted in my mineral foundation looking even more cakey. I decided to give the new Colorstay Creme a try even though I was not too impressed by the original Colorstay foundation though it seems to have a cult following. I initially purchased this foundation in Ivory being that I am pale as a ghost and usually tend to be drawn to the palest shade of foundation line. But later decided to try a shade darker because ivory was a bit chalky looking on me. I purchased the next shade darker which is Buff. The shade was a perfect match. I use a the F80 flat top brush from Sigma. The brush provides perfect control when applying this foundation giving an excellent even application which results in the appearance of being airbrushed. The foundation itself has excellent pigmentation and covers my rosy, rosacea laden cheeks perfectly. I sometimes apply just a big more on the days my face is rosier than normal. The lasting power of this foundation is outstanding. I have not tested the 24 hour claim because I am very meticulous about removing my makeup every night. However seeing this foundation look the SAME from morning until bedtime which is around 12 hours of wear for me has me betting the claims are right on target. I would highly recommend those who tried and disliked original colorstay to give this foundation a shot. I can almost guarantee you will be as impressed as I am. I do recommend that those with dry skin be sure your skin is well moisturized before application to insure your coverage is as smooth and flawless as possible.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/19/2012 2:21:00 PM More reviews by blacklikemyheart

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is an initial review from only purchase and first application:

My jar was full, unlike other reports. And I found the product pleasant to handle with a nice whipped consistency, rather than creamy. Not as whipped as other "mousse" foundations, but definitely whipped and not a cream. This applied very smoothly, and with a light easy consistency. I found with Colorstay regular I needed a brush to really blend the corners and around my nose. This blended quite easily with clean fingers. Medium coverage, buildable. Although the packaging is criticized for being too heaby for travel, I think it's fine. It's not ten pounds FFS, and the plastic liner makes product mess pretty fool proof.