Revlon ColorStay Whipped Creme Makeup

3.9

Dimethicone, Isodecyl Neopentanoate, Water, Isododecane, PEG/PPG-19/19 Dimethicone, Trisiloxane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, C13-16 Isoparaffin, Adipic Acid/Neopentyl Glycol Crosspolymer, Boron Nitride, Dimethicone/Bis-Isobutyl PPG-20 Crosspolymer, C10-13 Isoparaffin, Glycerin, Salicylic Acid, Tocopherol, Lactobacillus/Eriodictyon Californicum Ferment Extract, Cymbidium Grandiflorum (Orchid) Flower Extract, Lilium Candidum Bulb Extract, Malva Sylvestris (Mallow) Extract, Sodium Hyaluronate, Silk Powder, Alumina, Polyisobutene, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Dimethicone/Silsesquioxane Copolymer, Cyclodextrin, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Silica, Methicone, Sodium Chloride, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Propylene Carbonate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Silica Silylate, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Tetrasodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, 1,2-Hexanediol --- MAY CONTAIN (CI 77019/Mica, CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide, CI 77491/CI 77492/CI 77499/Iron Oxide, CI 77947/Zinc Oxide)

on 7/1/2012 9:21:00 AM

I was using the new Chanel creme compact when I decided to give this a try. This foundation is actually much better - better color match, better blendability, better oil control. For some reason, Revlon's colors are always a good match - so many high-end companies seem to think women want to be orange. This is my new everyday foundation.

on 7/1/2012 6:53:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

This is absolutely fantastic. It isn't available in Australia, so I got it on ebay in the colour Sand Beige.

It is SO EASY to blend, unlike the original colorstay. It's pretty much fail-proof in the blending department. It is buildable. It gives you a semi-matte finish, more towards the matte side. A little highlighter, and it makes me look so much more youthful!

I like this more than the original colorstay.

Normally I have to powder a couple of dozen times throughout the day... but with this foundation, twice a day is fine! It doesn't make me oily... pretty much every other foundation does. I love it, and I will repurchase it a hundred times over.

on 6/30/2012 11:36:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

This foundation is probably the best foundation in the drugstores. I always wear high end foundations (yes, I am a high end makeup snob, sue me), but was intrigued by this one. I bought it in the lightest shade, and it matches me very well. I like the feeling of this foundation, but trying to put it on is a little more difficult than my high end brand ones. It also looks cakey, and I didn't use much at all. You can really tell the difference from high end to low end foundations. High end ones are worth paying the price. I do like how this wore throughout the day though. It really was long wearing, and it did keep me pretty matte throughout the day, which is much needed since I am pretty oily and it's super humid here. I don't like the jar, it's way too bulky and unhygenic. Also, you don't get a full ounce with this one. So it's pretty spendy for a drugstore item. I like it, and will buy it again. But I will only be using this when I know I need a long wearing foundation, and for the hot/humid summer days.

on 6/30/2012 11:04:00 PM

I don't know why everyone is complaining about the color. I bought this in ivory and it's a very close match for my super pale skin. A I really like the jar packaging because it holds a lot of product.

I've tried a bunch of ways to apply this and found that it looks best when used with a standard foundation brush or wedge sponge. It provides smooth medium to full coverage ,and although it's slightly difficult to blend I find that it makes up for the blendability with great 10 hour wear time.
It doesn't break me out, settle into my pores, or look cakey. I recommend it.

on 6/30/2012 10:59:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

This is pretty good makeup with decent coverage but it's not for dry skin. A bit cakey and not dewy enough for me. Probably best for oily or combo skin.

on 6/30/2012 10:30:00 PM

I have rosacea that is very difficult to cover. I was a fan of the original Colorstay liquid, as it did provide the coverage I needed, but at the end of the day, I could not wait to take it off. What's the point of "long lasting" if you can't stand the feel of it after 8 hours?

This has a much lighter feel, but still provides the coverage, and lasts well. I do set it with powder.

I did have to return the first color, natural beige, which I bought because that was the original Colorstay shade I used. Unlike other reviewers here, I found I actually needed to move down to the next lighter color, nude, which might even still be a little dark for me in winter. But I do strive for a very natural look, when I'm told it doesn't look like I wear makeup, that's a compliment.

I don't have a problem with the open container, and don't really understand the issue there. I apply with clean fingers, wash again after, and don't share. It's actually better than a pump or bottle for me, because I often wind up with too much from those type containers, and it just gets wasted. I even got about 3 uses just off the inside of the disposable lid when it was new.

Took off one lippie for the not-quite-perfect color match.

Thank you Revlon! Love this product.

on 6/30/2012 10:15:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

I'm going to compare the whipped formula to the original Colorstay liquid foundation formula:

Shade- In terms of shade, Ivory in the whipped formula is a bit lighter than the Ivory in the original. You may want to go a shade darker than you typically would. I looked a bit pasty in this.

Blending- Blending was easier with the whipped version.

Staying power-This lasted 9 hours on my oily skin; the liquid version lasts 14 hours on me.

Coverage- Coverage is moderate; less buildable than the original

Texture and feel- Creamier, slightly heavier than original.

Finish- This is not a matte foundation, it's more of a dewy-natural finish.

Packaging- It's in a jar as opposed to a bottle. Not particularly sanitary.

Overall, it was an alright foundation. Nothing particularly fabulous, but not bad. If you have dry/normal skin and want a long-lasting, dewy foundation, give this a try.

I prefer the Combination/Oily liquid version personally.

on 6/30/2012 9:27:00 PM

well i went for it. i've not had a drugstore foundation work for me ever before but what the heck. more $ ones i have tried are EL, Studio Gear, Cargo, and I've had samples of all the others, lancome, clinique, etc etc . I've been using MAC Prolongwear for i guess about 2 years. mostly happy with it but figured if i could find a less $ one that would be great.
anyway, I've worn it for 4 days straight, to work, everywhere i normally go. i REALLY like it! it looks just as good, no,* better* than the mac i was using. actually I felt a little more greasy with mac. this goes on nice, (I personally use my ecotools retractable kabuki to blend it, just like i did w/the mac) it feels much nicer, lighter, satiny instead of greasy. . covers well, i'd say medium to full, i have a lot of pigmentation and i'm happy with the coverage. i haven't gotten oily, I've put it on at 7am and left it on til bedtime and it looked the same. it hasn't oxidized, I haven't broken out, crossing my fingers i don't. and i don't find it hard to remove. i use walmart exfoliating wipes and noxema and i'm good. i don't love the jar but i don't really care either way. i don't take it with me so it's not a problem.
i'd really give it a 4/12 if i could, a 5 for me would be whatever makes me flawless looking which i don't expect to find.
P.S. not long ago tried the Revlon Photoready Airbrush mousse stuff, & HATED it. so was surprised by this one. :)

on 6/30/2012 2:37:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I tried it and just can't quite put a finger on it. I really prefer powder foundations and the Neutrogena Mineral Sheers really does wonders for my complexion so, I think I will stick to that. This felt really sticky throughout my entire work day and couldn't wait to come home and wash my face. Perhaps it's because I have dry skin and moisturize like crazy? This just sat there. Even the original Colorstay would sit on my face. I wish I would have saved the receipt cause I would take it back.

on 6/30/2012 11:12:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This product really intrigued me, I ended up hating the regular revlon color stay because of it's cakey mess it made. I thought this might be a better alternative. Well it wasn't as made as the other version but it also didn't knock my sock off.

Coverage-medium, what really bothers my is on my skin it manages to mask all the good skin but not do anyting to cover some redness from acne/acne scars (the orginal RCS did this on me as well)

Finish- Satin like finish but left me looking dull

Blendability- Very easy to blend. Can use a sponge, brush, or fingers and it blends fine any way

Packaging-While it looks nice and classy I find it to be a big waste of glass, traveling with this would be a pain because it's heavy and could crack if dropped or luggage was handled carelessly. If they wanted a jar package I would have opted for a plastic.

How long does it wear? On me 24 hours would have never made it. I get about 5 hours out of it before it starts to breakdown and look terrible.

I wanted it to work but it was a no go for me. For reference right now i'm around an NC 20-25 and used the color sand beige. My face has a lot of pink and redness to it and my body is very warm. There wasn't quite enough yellow is this shade to neutralize the redness.

Popular Crème Foundations