Revlon ColorStay Whipped Crème Makeup

3.9

Dimethicone, Isodecyl Neopentanoate, Water, Isododecane, PEG/PPG-19/19 Dimethicone, Trisiloxane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, C13-16 Isoparaffin, Adipic Acid/Neopentyl Glycol Crosspolymer, Boron Nitride, Dimethicone/Bis-Isobutyl PPG-20 Crosspolymer, C10-13 Isoparaffin, Glycerin, Salicylic Acid, Tocopherol, Lactobacillus/Eriodictyon Californicum Ferment Extract, Cymbidium Grandiflorum (Orchid) Flower Extract, Lilium Candidum Bulb Extract, Malva Sylvestris (Mallow) Extract, Sodium Hyaluronate, Silk Powder, Alumina, Polyisobutene, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Dimethicone/Silsesquioxane Copolymer, Cyclodextrin, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Silica, Methicone, Sodium Chloride, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Propylene Carbonate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Silica Silylate, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Tetrasodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, 1,2-Hexanediol --- MAY CONTAIN (CI 77019/Mica, CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide, CI 77491/CI 77492/CI 77499/Iron Oxide, CI 77947/Zinc Oxide)

on 7/8/2012 10:41:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

First off- Probably shouldn't buy if you have dry skin!! It's not great for dry skin, people that complain about how it looked bad on their dry skin need to read reviews first before they buy. A lot of whipped foundations can be drying.....
I have combination skin, more towards the oily side and I absolutely LOVE this foundation. I had been using the regular colorstay for oily skin and while I did like that one I always found it hard to blend because it dried way too fast. This one blends incredibly easy for me and feels like silk. I see people saying it's too hard to blend and they have tried everything but I honestly haven't had any problems. I either use my fingers or a small stippling brush. (the girl that used a powder brush to apply- that's not a good idea, powder brushes aren't meant for liquid or cream) Both ways work great and the foundation looks completely blended and not streaky at all. I found it applies the best right after I put moisturizer on (I don't let the moisturizer dry or soak in too much). I find it to be medium to full coverage, definitely buildable. This foundation has amazing staying power, I apply pretty early in the morning and don't take it off until late in the evening and the foundation usually always looks just as good as in the morning (colorstay always looks better after it has settled/melted into your skin) I've worn this makeup in 100 degree weather too and it didn't come off or become streaky and I can actually go all day without putting powder on my face!!

on 7/8/2012 9:54:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I feel like I'm the only person who can't stand this foundation. I love the original colorstay foundation so I gave in to the hype and bought this. I'm an nc15 in MAC and got the color buff (which is the same color I use in the liquid) and it was a little bit too dark nothing horrible but not a perfect match either so that's strike one. I put it on with my elf powder brush and that was so NOT pretty it clung to every little bit of dry skin on my face and pooled in the larger pores around my nose and there is strike two. I then tried to apply it with a damp sponge and that was just a big streaky mess. Then I tried to apply it with my fingers and still It clung to my dry skin. Strike three. I returned it and don't recommend this for ladies with dry skin.

on 7/8/2012 4:15:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

First off, I do not believe that this product is good for dry skin. I looked in the mirror after coming home and my face looked so powdery. The baby peach fuzz on my face was SOOO visible! I never knew that this would be a matte finished, due to the "whipped" advertisement. The second thing that I do not like about it is that I cannot find a way to blend it! I hate using my fingers, and using a tippling brush or foundation brush just doesn't give my skin a nice blended look. The only thing that I love about this foundation is that the color I selected "warm golden" was my true color. Also, I noticed that it felt very light on my face and it did not seem to transfer. I'm honestly debating on returning it.

on 7/6/2012 2:39:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

This is pretty nice... It's not AMAZING, but good enough to keep me from buying a bunch of new foundations. I have combination skin and this foundation is able to control my oiler areas and not make my drier spots look super dry. I like to apply it by dotting it onto my face then buffing it out with my elf flat top brush, it seems to work well :) It doesn't look cakey, but I wouldn't consider it to be a natural looking foundation; not that it looks bad, just that it has more coverage. But after the first layer you can't build up the coverage much more on problem areas, so if you want that perfect look, you will need a bit of concealer as well.

But overall I do like it :)

on 7/6/2012 1:57:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Oh how I adore this foundation. I love everything about it down to the packaging. It looks like a high end foundation to me and works like one. Revlon has really been stepping up their game. I had no problems with this transferring or oxidizing on me. Kept my face shine free and smooth all day. Im not super oily. Just have a little bit of oil in my T zone. This kept my skin looking fresh and put together!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

UPDATE#2: I'm knocking this down a "lipstick" because it's not perfect. I've come to discover that this foundation will make my already-oily skin kinda slick/shiny if I over-moisturize my skin before applying. Applying it to my freshly cleansed face w/o moisturizer, maybe just primer, works much better and I don't get shiny. Best experience I've had with this foundation is applying milk of magnesia to my freshly cleansed face, then primer, then concealer (if necessary), then this stuff... perfection!

UPDATE: First I want to say that the consistency somehow changed and it is now mousse-like, not gel-cream. I wore this full-fledge last night with milk of magnesia (to control oilyness), primer and concealer, and I applied two "coats" of this foundation (I guess that's how you'd put it). My face looks almost flawless. I didn't even need to set it with powder. My make-up looked the same after one hour as it did when I first applied it. Then I went out into a hot and humid bar/club and did alot of sweating. I was wiping my sweat off onto my shirt I was wearing (gross, I know, but oh well), and when I got home, I looked in the mirror and my make-up still looked okay. And the true test was when I looked at my shirt to see how much make-up had come off unto my shirt, and there was barely any! This foundation stayed on my face for 4.5 hours through sweat and wiping, and it was still on my face. This stuff is a keeper as far as longevity is concerned. I don't know if it will cause my to break-out, but I probably won't wear it very often, as I'm not big on wearing foundation unless I have to look nice.

ORIGINAL: I don't know about anyone else, but the consistency of the one I just bought is more like a gel-liquid, not so much a whipped cream. Basically, it's more liquid than solid. I wore this out the other night and it stayed on pretty well, but I went to a movie so I didn't endure any heavy activity. The coverage is medium, I'd say. If you have moderate to severe blemishes, you'll still need a concealer, but this foundation does a pretty good job of blending in, so it will most likely do well blending in with a concealer. I didn't notice any excessive shininess at the end of the night, and my make-up still looked pretty much the same as it did when I first applied it (and I do have oily skin, so this is a plus). After I have used this foundation a few more times, I'll update my review.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This stuff is wonderful. I love it!
Pros: It lasts forever. I don't know if it has 24 hour wear, but it for sure has over 12 hour wear. The consistency is great, and it works well for my dry skin. It photographs sooo beautifully, because it has no SPF. This foundation would be perfect for photo shoots. It has medium coverage, but is build able, without looking cakey.

Cons: The packaging is sort of bulky and not very sanitary.

I apply with clean fingers, and then blend with a Mac 187 or the E.L.F powder brush.

on 7/6/2012 3:30:00 AM

Love this whipped formula, goes on smooth and covers well. It's magic how u can just dip your finger and makes your face flawless. I am an olive skin tone and use true beige 330 in summer and 320 warm golden the rest of the year round. Stays put throughout the whole day

on 7/5/2012 9:34:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Oh how I wanted this product to work! I got Buff and I am around NC15. The color match was excellent. I found the coverage to be light and not too buildable but it had a nice matte finish. Sadly after 5 hours I had to wash it off because my face was burning and it was a combination of greasy and dehydrated. I am in the minority but I like the container but the formula is not for me. I might add that I have ridiculously sensitive skin and it doesn't like most foundations. This on is no exception.

on 7/5/2012 4:02:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

I'm going to give this product 5 lippies despite the fact that I hate the packaging - its not hygenic or practical. However, the product itself is amazing. I like Revlon CS Whipped far, far more than the original CS. I use the shade 220 Nude and am NW20 in MAC. Nude matched me perfectly until I got a little tan, so I probably need to go up a shade until the fall/winter. I love the consistency of this, its smooth and thick but applies like a dream. Its medium to buildable coverage and blends out nicely. I use the Ecotools finishing brush from the Alicia Silverstone brush set and get a better finish than I did when I just used my fingers or Beauty Blender. Besides the wonderful finish and coverage it gives my face, it also has amazing lasting power. A few days ago I went to an outdoor concert in about 100 degree weather. I had the foundation for about 12 hours total and when I got back home it looked as if I had just put it on.