December 20, 2014 | 909 users online

Crème - Revlon - ColorStay Whipped Creme Makeup

rated 3 of 5 on 6/24/2012 8:35:00 AM More reviews by gabbott

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Oily, Other, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I so wanted to like this but as hard as I tried it's not going to happen. First off, it is trial and error finding the right shade. I returned 2 before I settled on True Beige for my NC-30-35 skin tone. Even with that, it was not a good match.
The texture and feel is nice but on my face it looked very dry and mask-like. It does nothing for me which is the purpose of cosmetics. I have a very oily T-zone and wanted a foundation for the humid months that would down play the oil slick and it does do that but that is the most positive thing I can say about it. I wish it looked less mask-ish on my skin. Oh well.....the search goes on.
The jar is bulky although it looks nice. I will keep it but I will not re-purchase. Nice try, Revlon!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 6/24/2012 2:39:00 AM More reviews by sremmers123

Wow, so far I'm really liking this product! I was a bit skeptical when I saw it in stores. "Whipped Creme" brought back memories of the Maybelline Dream Matte Mouse foundation which I hated! However, my curiously got the best of me and I ended up purchasing this Revlon foundation anyway. I'm glad that I did! In my experience, the foundation looks best applied with either a flat top foundation brush (I used the ELF powder brush) or plain ol' fingers! I, myself, prefer the brush. I dip my brush directly into the foundation and apply it to my face. I only tap the tips of the brush into the foundation. You don't really need much to get a nice medium coverage. On my lazy days, I'll use this foundation. It takes only about a minute or two to apply with my brush and it covers fairly well. I like the fact that it is a semi-matte finish as well. I set mine with a light dusting of MAC Studio Fix powder foundation. I've worn this foundation for about 9 hours at the most. I could tell that I still had foundation on but it certainly didn't look as good as when I put it on in the morning. My skin was looking a little splotchy but it is a great foundation overall. I am not a big fan of the packaging. It does look cute but it's a bit clunky. Overall, I will repurchase this foundation! It's a great new product from the drug store. Better than some high end foundations that I've tried :)

rated 5 of 5 on 6/23/2012 10:25:00 PM More reviews by klskag02

I have found my HG Foundation. This stuff is awesome for me. It offers medium to full coverage for my acne scars, a satin finish, and it literally stays on all day! I was amazed. It doesn't emphasize dry patches or flakiness, and I feel like it could suit all skin types. I apply it with a buffer brush, which gives more of an even coverage and I feel like it dries a lot faster and doesn't feel as tacky like some other reviewers mentioned. I like the glass jar, although it is kind of bulky. And the price is a little much for a drugstore foundation, but Im willing to spend $13.00 for something I love! Try it! :)

rated 2 of 5 on 6/23/2012 6:12:00 PM More reviews by hliiivue

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Loved the formula but hated the product. If your skin is sensitive to salysic acid...stay way. I do not ever use anything with salysic acid. Wasn't aware this foundation contained it until I read the ingredients. Sure enough it was labeled on there. Again...loved the formula of the foundation as a cream and knowing it would last "24 hours." Sadly I had to return it ASAP. Pretty much the next day after I tried the foundation, I broke out in the areas that I applied the foundation. Thank goodness I did not apply it all over or my face would have had ...mountains all over. For reference I am NC30 and I bought mine in True Beige (knowing I'd get more tan since its summer).

5 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 6/23/2012 3:22:00 PM More reviews by lisamims1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Ack. Breakouts. Very bad breakouts. If you're acne-prone, this is a no. I'm 42, and this made me break out everywhere--I'm wondering if it's actually hives and not acne?

Anyway, be aware that this can do very bad things to your skin. Back to my tried-and-true New York Color Smooth Skin. No breakouts, and I'd buy it even if it were much more expensive, although it's only $3.00

8 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 6/23/2012 1:59:00 PM More reviews by jackplusfour

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Just wanted to say thank you to vickibetty for her review! Had me giggling for ages. And ages :D

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/23/2012 1:43:00 PM More reviews by vickibetty

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Green

Spurred by glowing reviews I raced across the border to the US to buy this as it doesn't seem to available in Canada yet. 15 minutes and one confused American Border Guard later, I am perusing the Life changing possibilities that await me in the Target cosmetics dept. There it is, bathed in glowing light. An orchestra crescendoes in my ear as I reach in to pick up the shiny new glass jar. First off, it weighs a ton. One reviewer pointed out that it was not like it weighed two pounds or anything. Actually it might. I could put this in my purse if I wanted to defend myself from a mugger. Not swayed by the astonishing weight of the jar, I continue to the cash register and pay my $12 or so for sand beige. Excited with my much longed for purchase, I rip open the plastic and start smearing the smooth foundation on my face in the car.

Older ladies, if you want to have pores at least 50% bigger then this is for you. On my way home, I am surprised how sticky the product remains, and continually astonished at how huge my pores have become. Upon my return home, I check my face one more time. My lips are pale and make up smeared . I have also apparently managed to gather a swarm of small black flies, stuck to the foundation in the manner of insects on a windshield following a high speed highway adventure. Added to this is a large black smudge on my top lip. My grown up daughters gaze at me. Knowing I have done something different, my eldest remarks that she likes my hair today. I spend some time in the bathroom picking off flies. I couldn't brush them off as they are stuck, like to fly paper. I try to rub off the black smudge but the greasepaint holds it there. My daugher tells me I have something on my upper lip.

This is almost exactly like walking around with honey smeared on your face. Shiny, incredibly sticky and makes your pores shiny and MASSIVE. I might use it to catch ants.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/23/2012 12:08:00 PM More reviews by Seattlemama

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

This product feels so lovely going on, and I'm sure it would work well for lots of people but I ended up returning mine. I got it in Buff and it was an OK color match for me (I'm NC15) but it wasn't warm enough for my yellow undertones - seems pretty neutral. The finish is satin and looked great at first but wore off midday, as do most foundations on me. This really just did nothing for my skin - almost looked grey on me. The heavy glass jar feels high-end. A good product, just not for me - I'm sticking with my Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua, which has a perfect color match for me and makes my skin glow.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/23/2012 10:53:00 AM More reviews by whoopiepie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Thank you to everyone on MUA! Without these reviews I wouldn't know what the hell to buy and would stay in my makeup rut because I don't want to spend hundreds of dollars and irritate my skin.
With that said, I think this is exactly what I was looking for last summer when I tried Revlon mineral mousse (yuck). I have been longing for a product that could be like a tinted moisturizer with a little more coverage that lasted all day and controlled oil. Boom! This can be applied thicker for more coverage but as others have pointed out it has this tacky moist feel that never seems to go away. It might be because it's summer and very humid right now but I'm not sure if I could use this for anything more than light coverage and then I still need powder on top. If they would make a super matte version of this life would be great.
As much as I like this, I still really need to put it to the test and see how it holds up to a long, hot, active day out on a boat for instance. I know that's asking a lot but that would improve the quality of my life if I could just have fun and not worry about my face looking shiny and gross or looking like I had to put on makeup to go to the beach. Ya feel me?

rated 5 of 5 on 6/23/2012 1:06:00 AM More reviews by lindseymhelms

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I love this foundation! I regularly wear the liquid version of CS for oily/combination skin and love it. I do have oily skin, so I do not find it to be too drying- and it in fact does control oil like it says... I was excited to see this new formulation.
I will agree with other users in saying that it is nearly impossible to find a correct shade based on the sealed jars- they all look the same! You almost have to know your color in the liquid version, and go from there. (on that note, I went one shade darker than my liquid)
The texture is creamy and smooth- applies like a dream! Whether using fingers, or beauty blender (which I use) it seems to just blend right into your skin, flawlessly!
I do not have a problem with the jar, as I always wash my hands before starting my makeup, and only "dip" into the jar one time. If I am feeling particularly germ-o-phobe, I use a Q tip. No big deal! I actually find the packaging to be different, and very nice quality! I would not like this product as much if it were in a squeeze tube :) Takes away the cool-factor in my opinion! haha!
Also, I have no problem with the price- it is a high quality drugstore foundation, comparable to dept. store foundations I own that retail $30+. Plus, you can always wait for a 40% off sale, BOGO 1/2 off, or coupon! :)
I have oily problematic skin and this works very well for me. I find that I do not need to touch up during the day (I do set this with my Mac MSFN) and it stays looking great- almost becomes more natural looking as the day goes on!
If you like the liquid version,have somewhat oily skin, give this a try- and don't be afraid to take it back to exchange for a different color!