Revlon ColorStay Whipped Crème Makeup

3.9

Dimethicone, Isodecyl Neopentanoate, Water, Isododecane, PEG/PPG-19/19 Dimethicone, Trisiloxane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, C13-16 Isoparaffin, Adipic Acid/Neopentyl Glycol Crosspolymer, Boron Nitride, Dimethicone/Bis-Isobutyl PPG-20 Crosspolymer, C10-13 Isoparaffin, Glycerin, Salicylic Acid, Tocopherol, Lactobacillus/Eriodictyon Californicum Ferment Extract, Cymbidium Grandiflorum (Orchid) Flower Extract, Lilium Candidum Bulb Extract, Malva Sylvestris (Mallow) Extract, Sodium Hyaluronate, Silk Powder, Alumina, Polyisobutene, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Dimethicone/Silsesquioxane Copolymer, Cyclodextrin, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Silica, Methicone, Sodium Chloride, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Propylene Carbonate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Silica Silylate, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Tetrasodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, 1,2-Hexanediol --- MAY CONTAIN (CI 77019/Mica, CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide, CI 77491/CI 77492/CI 77499/Iron Oxide, CI 77947/Zinc Oxide)

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I so wanted to love this. I feel like the odd man out here. After reading such wonderful reviews I thought that this might be the foundation to end my years of struggling to find the right fit for my skin. Nope! The color is hard to pick. I chose a shade lighter than I thought I needed (based on looking at the bottom of the jar) and it was still way darker than what I needed. I started with a thin layer using my fingers and even then it felt super thick. I tried applying it with a brush and it was no better. Aside from feeling heavy on my face, it emphasized my dry patches while making me look oily at the same time. Hours after the application I touched my face and it still transferred to my hands. I leaned against my fiance and it left some residue on his shirt. This was hours after putting a verrrrry small amount on. I wish I could think of a single good thing about this stuff but I just can't. It works so well for others though, I wish it worked for me :<

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse

I have problems with foundation staying on my face due to very oily skin. My skin is also sensitive and acne prone. I am NC 25 in the winter and NC 35 to 40 in the summer. I do have very strong yellow undertone. I have used the regular colorstay for combination/oily skin and it had stayed on my face fairly well. The only problem I have is that the shades are not yellow enough and it is very mask like.

The whipped foundation is on sale at Rite Aid this week. BOGO 50% off and buy 2 get $4 Rite Aid bucks. There is also $2 off printable coupon on line.

I bought sand beige and warm golden. They are suppose to be yellow toned. Right now it is summer and warm golden is a better match. Sand beige will be great for winter. The only problem is that both are not yellow enough. I mixed a small amount of warm golden with a very tinny tiny amount of turmeric power. The color came out perfect! The foundation looked very natural, like skin. It is not mask like and feels like wearing nothing at all. I can go without blotting for 4 hours. With non-colorstay foundations, I have to blot after 1 hour. I do use a primer.

I read some reviews that the foundation held up with swimming. I went swimming with this foundation on. After an hour in the pool, I still had some makeup on. I wouldn't say it looked freshly applied, just enough that I wasn't shiney. The pool was a salt water pool, maybe salt water removes makeup?

I didn't breakout at all wearing this foundation. I had tried MAC, EL, Laura Mercier and they all broke me out. They do have lots of yellow foundations.

I wish revlon will make their foundations more yellow. When mixing with turmeric powder, be very careful. A little bit goes a long way. It is very yellow and if too much is added, you will look jaundiced. I have also read that a drop of yellow food coloring will work too. I haven't tried mixing with food coloring.

I hope this helps all the yellow skinned gals out there. I will update if there are changes.

update: 8/16/2012. I am currently tanned, NC 37 to 40. Warm Golden is a shade too light. I bought natural tan. Looking at the the foundation in the jar, it looked beige with no yellow. Upon application, it blended in very well and more yellow when it dried. Natural tan is a very good match for the summer! Yay!

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Pros:
1.Lasts a long time
2.At the end of the day the only shine I have is my nose and it's very little
3. enough coverage that I only need to use concealer on my dark circles and I have ALOT of acne and scaring

Cons:
1. The smell is weird and nasty but after the rest of my routine I cant smell it anymore.
2. The jar is very bulky and hard to get the product out. So its not good for travel

If you can get past the smell this foundation is amazing, I haven't found anything like it and I've worn a lot of drugstore foundations. This and the original CS for combo/oily skin are my HG drugstore foundations. I'll never look for anything else.

First of all, my skin is oily with huge pores. This foundation does a great job of controlling my oil and keeping my skin matte. However, it has a tendacy to emphasize my large pores and make my skin appear older. It settles a bit into my fine lines in my forehead and my smile lines. It dries to a very dry, matte finish and I prefer a more natural and moisturizing look even with my oily skin. Certain areas of my face look awesome with this foundation so I can see the appeal, but it just doesn't work with my pores and forehead. :(

I do like the texture of the foundation. I was immediately attracted to the "whipped" description. It goes on nicely with fingers and I also use a brush to apply. I prefer the brush application... it leaves a more natural and less cakey finish.

The color selection is not great for us warm toned girls. I am about NC35 right now and my closest match is True Beige, which is a bit too pink for my golden skin. Warm Golden is warmer but too light, Early Tan is also warm but a shade too dark. I think mixing Warm Golden and Early Tan would be perfect but honestly I don't like this foundation enough to go that far.

I will keep my jar of this and give it another try or two, perhaps I'll update my review. I will also buy a lighter shade in the winter and try it then.

Overall I think it's a great foundation for the price, definitely worth a try! For those of you lucky enough to have smaller pores I think it could give a great flawless finish for you!

Finally a foundation that covers, stays on and doesn't feel heavy. I put a little on my outer palm then wet a makeup sponge and blend in on my face. This is for summer use. This winter, I'll probably not wet a sponge. Then I set it with ColorStay powder. I never have to retouch all day. That's enough for me.

Best foundation I have ever used - and I have tried A LOT!! It truly feels like silk on my face, and lasts sooo long! And best of all, it controls shine!! That was my major problem before - every other foundation I have tried has made my face oily by noon. With this foundation, I'm not even oily or shiny by 5:00. Granted, I do use a foundation primer, but with other foundations I didn't really see any results with the primer. But now I do! I love the texture and it has great coverage as well. I will be buying this for a long time!!

I'm a fan of Revlon's regular/original Colorstay as far as a cheaper/drugstore foundation so I was excited to try the whipped version. I can remember wearing the original formula is highschool/early college and years later I've come back to it. Usually I'm sand beige in this line (NC20-25) but with it being summer I'm more along the lines of NC30 which translates very well to warm golden. I recently tried L'oreal True Match Lumi which is also a really nice foundation but after purchasing the Revlon Whipped I'm once again reminded that Revlon is just a much better color match for me in that it caters to yellow undertones very well. Consistency feels light when I'm applying (w/ fingers) and a little goes a long way. Coverage is medium and keeps me matte for hours at a time. Very impressed with this new version of one of my favorites. I bought it @ Walmart where it retails for just under $11.

I usually do not buy drugstore foundatiom because they always break down and get greasy so i usually stick to my tarte amazonian clay foundation but i heard about this from a couple of my fav you tubers and i had to try it and i LOVE it. Im nc 15 in mac and i got Buff and its perfect. I put it on with my sigma f80 and its looks amazing. I have normal skin with a shiny t-zone and i dont have to blot or touch up at all! It doesnt feel like you have a face full of make up either iy blends so easily !When i get home at 7 pm it still looks awesome and i touch my face alot. This is a new must have in my makeup collection. I will be re-purchasing.

UPDATE
After wearing this for a week i notice its drying out my skin and making me look flakey and patchy. I am going to stop using it everyday and maybe alternate it with my tarte foundation and only use this one a few times a week and see if it makes a difference

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

I ordered this online because it's not out in Australia yet, I was very surprised that the colour was a perfect match. Probably the closest match I have ever found in drug store. For reference I am normally an NW20 in mac and my colour in this foundation in Natural beige. This foundation is definitely not as full coverage as the liquid colorstay formulation.
I didn't wear this for 24 hours, I don't know who actually would but it did stay on all day with no touch ups needed. If i had to choose between normal revlon colourstay and the whipped foundation then my heart still belongs to the liquid foundation. It is not a bad foundation I just prefer fuller coverage. I found the best way to apply this was with the beauty blender.

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

NC 30 and I use Warm Golden. I also tried Natural Beige which also was a good match however, that one is not nearly as yellow based as Warm Golden. this shade is very similar to maybelline smooth mousse in natural beige but slightly lighter than that one which suits my NC 30 better. There is a shade in between called Medium Beige but I didn't try it. A little goes a loooong way! like a dab with my finger is enough for my entire face for medium coverage. very easy to blend, i use my fingers. Right after application, i feel like my complexion looks cakey dry places are still visible, however after maybe 15 minutes, teh foundation settles and my skinn looks realllly nice! very dewy and flawless looking. I do get oily and i do have oily skin so I havve to blot.