September 21, 2014 | 2088 users online

Palettes - Urban Decay - NAKED

RELATED PRODUCTS

NAKED2: http://www.makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp/ItemId=148781/NAKED2-/Urban-Decay/Palettes

NAKED3: http://www.makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp/ItemId=167248/NAKED-3/Urban-Decay/Palettes

rated 3 of 5 on 8/22/2011 8:07:00 PM More reviews by violettecyrille

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I had fairly high expectations for this palette, so maybe I set myself up for disappointment. I'll start with the pigmentation. While the shadows are very pretty, I find the pigmentation below my expectations. It seems that the high shimmer reflects a lot of the same light wavelengths and makes everything almost look the same once applied. In the pan, it's nice, but on my eyes, it's a shimmery monotony even with various primers like NARS, Too Faced, and UDPP. Even "Creep" doesn't stay true and dense and tends to blend into a dull faded dusty, somewhat shiny grey. My favorite and to me, the most pigmented color is Smog which I already have as a single. Next is application, which is fine. These are easy to blend and if it weren't for the muddiness of the colors, I would be very happy. Packaging is OK. I don't really care for the odd velveteen-like material because it wears out quickly and then looks really "used". The brush it comes with is quality and applies shadows decently. Overall, I'm not really that impressed. For the price, I would expect a little more for the money.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/22/2011 12:07:00 PM More reviews by Moonjellie14

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I caved in to all that hype & got the palette. My BEST shadow investment ever! The UDPP helped my shadows stay on all day and the colours are all so easy to wear & blend. I use virgin, sin, naked, hustle and dark horse most often and they create beautifully subtle smokey looks. Love the sleek suede packaging too!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/22/2011 2:02:00 AM More reviews by addied

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Despite the fact that I had to spend over $90 on mine (living in Australia/eBay), it was most definitely worth it.

The shades are amazing & nothing like I had before, they stay on, they blend and it's my first official UD product!

I even bought the BOS III NYC a couple days after buying the NAKED palette because the texture/pigment was that amazing. (Least the BOS a little cheaper...)

Definitely recommend if you can find it cheaper then what I had to paid plus free brush!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/21/2011 10:57:00 PM More reviews by Sabastien

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm new to urban decay products. First purchase was the 15 anniversary pallet, then fell in love with it, and literally 2 days later went and got the naked pallet. I originally wasn't going to get the naked pallet, because the 15 anniversary one had more colors in it, but the shadows are so beautiful I thought why not have a bunch of neutral colors that I love as well. I'm not disappointed in my purchase. You can really make any day looks or evening looks with this. Mine came with a brush. I would have liked to try the 24/7 liner, but a brush is good too :) I really do recommend this pallet. There are 2 matte shades a light brown and a medium brown. All colors are very pigmented. I find hustle needs a bit more layering to get the color in the pan, but still lovely, and sidecar has a bunch of glitter in it that can have fallout. But I dont mind. So if your looking for eyeshadows with less shimmer and more matte, this won't be for you. But for the rest of us, I say go get it if your willing to spend almost 70 (canadian) for it. I dont regret it one bit.

* update*
Since this reveiw, I have found myself using this pallete more often than anything else I have. And I have quite a few fav neutral eyeshadows that I love, So that says how versatile and beautiful these colors are.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/20/2011 10:08:00 PM More reviews by samiiyo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Technically I don't own this product, it's my sisters. However I find myself borrowing it almost every morning! That tells me it's pretty darn good because I have plenty of my own eyeshadow palettes. I adore creating combinations with this look, I don't think I've done the same look twice! The only problem I have with this is that there aren't enough matte shades but I feel like that's true for most Urban Decay palettes. I wish there was a matte highlight color for very fair people... the shade "naked" is just not light enough for me. And because there is so much shimmer on my lid I don't want to use it on my browbone. So that's a little frustrating, but it's okay! I LOVE the colors in this. I don't really care for the brush, but eh. Whatever! I might actually buy it for myself when I move out next month.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/20/2011 9:55:00 PM More reviews by xanna

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

After holding back until the hype died down, I finally caved and bought this. Now I wonder why I waited so long! It's shaved so much time off my morning routine because everything I want it right here, I just add mascara and a touch of liner. I've been doing Buck in the crease and Virgin on the lid almost every day since I got the palette. Love it. I can, however, see how this would be too warm for a cool toned person. Worth the hype, worth the price, imo :)

rated 5 of 5 on 8/20/2011 4:24:00 PM More reviews by exprmnt1

I loved it all the colors blend with each other creating a marvelous look every single time. Little to no effort for the busy ppl ,but even for a make up artist like me it is a perfect palette

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/20/2011 4:00:00 PM More reviews by Sage6o4

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

First off, let me say that I am a NEUTRAL girl, so this palette was a must for me. It's got all the necessary colours every girl needs to create pretty much any neutral look, which is awesome. The price is great, you get 12 FULL SIZE eye shadows for the price of 4, (I'm in Canada so the price is a bit steeper plus I had to pay shipping but it was STILL a great price) so that is awesome. Having never tried UD shadows before and mostly sticking to MAC I was hoping for MAC quality and hopefully this palette could replace my need to constantly purchase the separate MAC ones... however this is where I took off a lippie. The quality if simply not the same. They are not as pigmented, the colour pay off is not as good and the finish and blendability of them just is not the same. I also tend to get TONS of fallout with them as most of them are just PACKED with glitter and not the subtle, rich way MAC ones are, so in that aspect, I was disappointed. However, I am still happy I bought it and will continue to use it. However, it will not replace my beloved MAC shadows! (I don't think anything ever will!)

rated 5 of 5 on 8/20/2011 3:42:00 PM More reviews by liz32489

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this palette!!! You can try many looks and the quality is great. I love using this palette when I go out. I would higly recommend!!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/19/2011 3:45:00 PM More reviews by Chrisylita

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

LOVE this palette. I finally got my hands on one. After finding that my local Sephora was always sold out I ended up finding this at shoppers drug mart (Canadian store) for $58.00 Canadian well worth the price. This palette is perfect for everyday use for daytime and evening. it has a great selection of colours for neutral to bronzy to more smoky colours for evening. Most of the eyeshadows are shimmery which is ok by me cause I love shimmery colours. The only thing I don't like about the colours are the matte ones which are naked and buck and creep is not that special either. I find only one colour to have some sparkle fallout and thats sidecar. I would recommend this to anyone.