October 24, 2014 | 1564 users online

Palettes - Urban Decay - NAKED

RELATED PRODUCTS

NAKED2: http://www.makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp/ItemId=148781/NAKED2-/Urban-Decay/Palettes

NAKED3: http://www.makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp/ItemId=167248/NAKED-3/Urban-Decay/Palettes

rated 4 of 5 on 8/25/2011 6:58:00 AM More reviews by missaah

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

Its a beautiful palette, I agree with that. However, I like it, I don't love it like every other girl out there. It has many colours but I don't think it has everything for a nude look. Maybe I'm not applying the right colours, but more often than not, I will use one or two of the colours in this palette and grab 2 or 3 from another palette. The quality is good except sidecar has so much glitter fallout! I would put a tiny amount on on the centre of my lid and by the time I finished my foundation, the glitter would be all over my eyes. I'm glad I bought it but it really wasn't worth the hype. The case is super gorgeous though, aside from the sticker at the back. I liked the mini original primer potion and the brush that was given was okay, however, a 24/7 liner and maybe two small tiny eyeshadow brushes that is normally found in other palettes would've been a better option, especially since this is hailed as an all in one. The brush is fine, except its pretty much useless. It raised the price and value of the palette but I don't really know what to do with it. it's too thin and doesn't pick up enough eyeshadow to use on the lid, its too long for the crease and too big for under the brow. I use it for swatching mostly, however, i have to do 2-3 swipes to get the same amount of colour as an ELF eyeshadow brush that cost me $3.
I would purchase this again, but not for a long time. Hopefully, UD might reconsider and put the 24/7 liner in this palette again. But most likely, I'll just pick up the Naked palette 2 instead of repurchasing this because it will last me ages as it isn't my most reached for.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/23/2011 11:45:00 PM More reviews by LLBsb4ever

This is a great basic palette. Neutrals are a must in any girl's stash - even for those of us who love bright colors! This is one of my favorites to travel with because it is slim and compact, unlike a lot of the other more recent UD palettes. Also because when I'm traveling, I'm either focused on fun and usually not my makeup, or it's for work and I'd rather play it safe with neutrals. I was fortunate enough to get the original version with the double-ended eyeliner - which is great. The colors obviously work amazingly with the whole palette. While the liner doesn't stay on my waterline for more than 20 minutes, it's soft, blends well, but stays in place on my upper or lower lash line. And of course it's an amazing value!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/22/2011 11:32:00 PM More reviews by brightcolorsforever

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Kinky, Other Eyes: Brown

I don't know... I want to preface this by saying I am not an expert in makeup. I think this pallete is okay. I didn't even know about this palette until an employee at Sephora recommended it for me. I only discovered the excitement for this product in the beauty community after I searched for some naked pallete tutorials on youtube. The colors are very pretty but I mostly wear glasses and i think the look is too nuetral with my frames. I will give it another rating when I start wearing my contacts but as a glasses wearer, its blah.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/22/2011 11:15:00 PM More reviews by NicoleNightly

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have mixed feelings about this palette in that I think the palette itself is so pretty, the colors look so vibrant. Like all Urban Decay shadows, it's a palette that I'd be proud to display on my vanity but that's where the love affair ends.

First off, I'm 'tan', MAC NC42/44 depending on the season and some of the shadows did not show up true to color on my lids =( I also wasn't going to pack on the shadow to make it show either as I hate for my lids to feel heavy... and that is my other problem, the 'shimmery/glittery' shadows felt rather heavy on my lids and I simply felt gross and had to wash it off.

I'm so sad about this really, I so wanted this to be my 'it' palette as I only wear natural colors. Oh well

rated 5 of 5 on 8/22/2011 8:13:00 PM More reviews by ohscrewthename

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

COLORS: This palette contains quite a variety of basic colors, but re-vamped. It takes the dark browns, the black, the gray, the light browns and transforms them into richer colors. Some are beautifully shimmery(Half-Baked, Smog, Sin, Toasted), but I have not seen any fallout. Two are matte (Naked, Buck), and blend in so naturally, yet retain their full pigment. A few are a mix of slight shimmer and a bit of glitter fleck (Sidecar, Gunmetal, Creep), but they aren't extremely glittery at all, no fallout. And then you have the barely-there shimmer colors ( Virgin, Hustle), that are quite beautiful and easily blend-able.

PAYOFF: What I like about all of these shades is the fact that they all have great color payoff. Meaning, the color you see in the container is what goes onto your lid-not at all sheer. The shadows are soft and rich to the touch, and they are all very lush pigments, very opaque. They glide on extremely easily, and aren't at all hard to blend, even the black.

SIZE: Each shadow slot is more than half the length of a pinky, and they've lasted me quite a while. I've owned this palette for a few months, using it almost daily, and I've yet to see the bottom.

BONUS Primer: They give you a mini Primer Potion to go with it now, instead of the old duo-ended eyeliner in the old palette sales. The primer is as amazing as ever; goes on like a soft creme and blends into your natural lid shade, keeping these lovely colors rich in color and crease free. Urban Decay has now switched the main formula to tubes, but they give you this mini in the form of the old bottle shape, which not all like, as the wand is useless, and after a while, doesn't dispense enough product even with half a tube of product left.

BONUS Brush: Instead of the duo-ended pencil, which I think they should have kept, they replace the slot below the colors with a shadow brush. It is 5 1/2 inches in length, and is thin in width. The handle of the brush is a dark brown/silvery metal that is very pretty, and the actual brush section of it is about the length of a pointer nail. It is brown at the bottom, white at the top, and applies on the eyes with the colors pretty well. It's not a cheapy brush, and does what it was created for, but I prefer to use my fingers. It doesn't blend the colors in extremely well, but it is good for the application.

PACKAGING: The palette measures almost 8 inches long, and is almost 3 inches in length. The surface of the palette is quite soft, almost like a sleek fabric, and has the gold for the NAKED and Urban Decay words. The gold has a habit to chip a bit in a few places over time, and if you have pets, make sure they don't rub on this palette, or hair will cling to it. lol

rated 3 of 5 on 8/22/2011 8:07:00 PM More reviews by violettecyrille

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I had fairly high expectations for this palette, so maybe I set myself up for disappointment. I'll start with the pigmentation. While the shadows are very pretty, I find the pigmentation below my expectations. It seems that the high shimmer reflects a lot of the same light wavelengths and makes everything almost look the same once applied. In the pan, it's nice, but on my eyes, it's a shimmery monotony even with various primers like NARS, Too Faced, and UDPP. Even "Creep" doesn't stay true and dense and tends to blend into a dull faded dusty, somewhat shiny grey. My favorite and to me, the most pigmented color is Smog which I already have as a single. Next is application, which is fine. These are easy to blend and if it weren't for the muddiness of the colors, I would be very happy. Packaging is OK. I don't really care for the odd velveteen-like material because it wears out quickly and then looks really "used". The brush it comes with is quality and applies shadows decently. Overall, I'm not really that impressed. For the price, I would expect a little more for the money.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/22/2011 12:07:00 PM More reviews by Moonjellie14

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I caved in to all that hype & got the palette. My BEST shadow investment ever! The UDPP helped my shadows stay on all day and the colours are all so easy to wear & blend. I use virgin, sin, naked, hustle and dark horse most often and they create beautifully subtle smokey looks. Love the sleek suede packaging too!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/22/2011 2:02:00 AM More reviews by addied

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Despite the fact that I had to spend over $90 on mine (living in Australia/eBay), it was most definitely worth it.

The shades are amazing & nothing like I had before, they stay on, they blend and it's my first official UD product!

I even bought the BOS III NYC a couple days after buying the NAKED palette because the texture/pigment was that amazing. (Least the BOS a little cheaper...)

Definitely recommend if you can find it cheaper then what I had to paid plus free brush!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/21/2011 10:57:00 PM More reviews by Sabastien

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm new to urban decay products. First purchase was the 15 anniversary pallet, then fell in love with it, and literally 2 days later went and got the naked pallet. I originally wasn't going to get the naked pallet, because the 15 anniversary one had more colors in it, but the shadows are so beautiful I thought why not have a bunch of neutral colors that I love as well. I'm not disappointed in my purchase. You can really make any day looks or evening looks with this. Mine came with a brush. I would have liked to try the 24/7 liner, but a brush is good too :) I really do recommend this pallet. There are 2 matte shades a light brown and a medium brown. All colors are very pigmented. I find hustle needs a bit more layering to get the color in the pan, but still lovely, and sidecar has a bunch of glitter in it that can have fallout. But I dont mind. So if your looking for eyeshadows with less shimmer and more matte, this won't be for you. But for the rest of us, I say go get it if your willing to spend almost 70 (canadian) for it. I dont regret it one bit.

* update*
Since this reveiw, I have found myself using this pallete more often than anything else I have. And I have quite a few fav neutral eyeshadows that I love, So that says how versatile and beautiful these colors are.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/20/2011 10:08:00 PM More reviews by samiiyo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Technically I don't own this product, it's my sisters. However I find myself borrowing it almost every morning! That tells me it's pretty darn good because I have plenty of my own eyeshadow palettes. I adore creating combinations with this look, I don't think I've done the same look twice! The only problem I have with this is that there aren't enough matte shades but I feel like that's true for most Urban Decay palettes. I wish there was a matte highlight color for very fair people... the shade "naked" is just not light enough for me. And because there is so much shimmer on my lid I don't want to use it on my browbone. So that's a little frustrating, but it's okay! I LOVE the colors in this. I don't really care for the brush, but eh. Whatever! I might actually buy it for myself when I move out next month.