October 23, 2014 | 915 users online

Moisturizers - Cetaphil - Moisturizing Cream

rated 5 of 5 on 10/11/2004 4:20:00 PM More reviews by Neely

I'm a body lotion junkie with very dry skin, but I think this is where my search ends! It's very rich, thick without being too thick, not greasy. I sometimes use it on my face as a night cream. I love the wide mouth plastic tub - I can scrape every last bit out unlike tubes or pumps. The big tub costs about $11 and often goes on sale for under $10 on drugstore.com. I've tried cetaphil lotion and did not like it much, it was a bit greasy and not as moisturizing as I like, but the cream is perfect.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/8/2004 5:01:00 PM More reviews by mmmmary

I used this for a month or two last winter and it seemed to work really well for awhile but then it made me break out. I think it was just too heavy. May be better for short term or occasional use unless you have EXTREMELY dry skin. EDIT: I'm upping this from 3 lippies to 5 because NOTHING works better on my forehead in the winter! I don't need this much moisture on my whole face, but this is the only thing that keeps my forehead from flaking off once the weather gets cold. Sinks in immediately, doesn't feel greasy, and, if you get it in the tube, the packaging is ideal. EDIT AGAIN: This sat in my cabinet for several years gathering dust while I experimented with one product after another, each one more expensive than the next. I'm not even sure what made me pull it out again but I did and am SO glad I remembered it. My skin is now much drier than when I first tried it (hormones) and I can use this twice a day all over my face and neck and my skin LOVES it. No breakouts, no redness, just lovely glowing skin. Now I can save myself several hundred dollars a year!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/8/2004 12:41:00 AM More reviews by Violeta

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I am one of the few people that hates this cream ! Being on accutane my skin got dryer then it used to be so I decided to give this cream another try (I used it a few times before but it give me only problems), well, again it broke me out and I am sure that it was this product, nothing else changed in my routine, I am in my second month of accutane w/o any breakouts at all and then, after using this Cetaphil cream I got tones of pimples.
I am using it for my hands now but never on my face.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/23/2004 3:53:00 PM More reviews by jenmar2

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I really like this cream!! It's a very basic rich cream that is not irritating for my sensitive/rosacea'd skin. Originally bought this on recommendation of MUA'ers and it is now a staple in my bathroom!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/21/2004 2:31:00 PM More reviews by asianeyes

i really like this moisturizer b/c there is no strong scent and it's great when ur skin is super dry. i like to put this on after using masks if my skin is too dry and/or irritated. this will def. be a staple product in the fall/winter!-->just don't use too much or u'll be greasy looking . in the spring/summer, however i'm going to stick w/ my Kiss My Face Peaches & Cream moisturizer...it's not as heavy and it's the only moisturizer that has a heavenly scent...mmmmm! :P continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 9/20/2004 7:27:00 PM More reviews by foxymop

I bought this product knowing absolutely nothing about it. I've recently been put on accutane for my mild but persistent acne, and many sites mentioned the name.
So I went to my local drugstore and decided to see if they carried it in canada. Saw the price, said "what the hell" and bought it.

Now, if you're the type of person that likes light creams, then this is not for you, but if your a cold cream fanatic, then your in for a treat.

I just switched from paying $30CAD for 50g of Vichy's S2 (for dry skin)(which I love) to paying $8CAD for 85g of cetaphil.

And the best part is, my skin looks amazing. : )

rated 5 of 5 on 9/19/2004 10:31:00 PM More reviews by cma777

WOW thanks so much MUA I got this after reading all the reviews and it's wonderful. Only been three days and my skin has the dewy look I have always wanted! I am only using this at night for the moment cuz it is definitely heavy for day wear plus there is no SPF. Expecting baby #2 and it was reaking havoc on my skin with all the dryness on my forhead, not anymore! Love it will buy again. Don;t need as much foundation now either. I just hope it doesn't break me out.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/17/2004 12:41:00 PM More reviews by roseamber

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

For simple and thorough moisturization this can't be beat. It's a fabulous facial night cream that doesn't soak into my skin within an hour. Other night creams can leave me waking up with tight skin and dry skin around my eyes. Cetaphil Cream is rich, and long-lasting, and leaves my skin feeling dewy, but not at all greasy.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/8/2004 7:04:00 PM More reviews by pantaloons

Well the packing is crap, unless you get the tube, but this is the bomb. Much less greasy than the lotion, as other MUAers have said, it sinks into my shiny combo skin without a trace and makeup goes on perfectly. And it's so cheap you can buy loads of other stuff for the same price as a fancy moisturiser!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/3/2004 1:00:00 AM More reviews by seasplash

Unfortunaly this cream did not work for me. I have combo/sensitive/acne-prone skin and this cream felt a little too heavy and greasy. It did not cause any bad reaction but for some reason my skin felt suffocated when I had this on. I personally prefer lighter products that melt into your skin. This cream never did. It just set there creating a sticky layer. Right now, I use it as an eye-cream. Edit: I officially hate this cream! It gave me milia (hmm, 'milia' is plural, right? what's the singular?) in the corner of my right eye that lasted for months. :(