Cetaphil Moisturizing Cream

4.2

Water, Petrolatum, Glyceryl Polymethacrylate, Dicaprylyl Ether, Glycerin, Dimethicone, Glyceryl Stearate, Cetyl Alcohol, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, PEG-30 Glyceryl Stearate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Benzyl Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Hydroxide, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Dimethiconol, Disodium EDTA, Propylene Glycol.

on 2/6/2005 10:48:00 AM

I sadly look at all of my expensive facial products and wonder when I will use them again. Now that I have tried Cetaphil cream, they sit unused. Recommended by my dermatologist, along with the Cetaphil facial wash, for dermatitis on my face. This stuff is amazing, very simple and unscented, thick and extremely moisturizing. I have very sensitive skin and this cream is gentle and non-clogging, no problems at all. Cured my skin problems in 3 days. I know I will go back to my other products for spring through fall, but in the winter I only need these two Cetaphil products.

on 2/3/2005 5:22:00 PM

I just bought a tube of this after reading the reviews on MUA. It's exactly what I was looking for: a basic, (sans vitamins, AHAs, BHAs, etc.) scentless cream that's rich enough to moisturize the very dry, skin around my eyes without irritation. Very soothing. The texture is lighter than the Nivea creme I'd used before, so it feels better going on (no vigorous rubbing-in = good for delicate undereye skin) and absorbs much faster. This, in combination with the jojoba oil I use after washing my face, has rescued my eyes from the winter flakies. It was rather pricey for a drug store moisturizer, but the tube will probably last me forever, given the tiny amount I use each day. Thank goodness I didn't buy the enormous tub!

on 1/31/2005 3:15:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

Great night-time cream for face for men and women. It is virtually odorless. I don't like digging for the cream at the bottom of the jar, but I will not buy anything else. I have very dry skin, and this is good for the dryest patches and face.

on 1/26/2005 10:43:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

If this cream were packaged in a glass container and said Frederic Fekkai on it, people would pay $65 a jar. This cream is rich, luxurious and sinks in quickly. Unlike TBS Body Butters, which I thought I loved, this cream isn't at all greasy. Even though Kiehls Creme de Corps is my absolute (way too expensive) favorite, I could not love this cream more. continued >>

on 1/21/2005 10:58:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I've been using this cream for years... it's wonderful!

2008 update: What can I say... I've been using this product "forever". I absolutely love the texture and the soothing qualities of this product. I mostly use it as a body cream... but, have used it on my face (with absolutely no irritation).

on 1/20/2005 8:27:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Both the cream and the lotion are my HG items--they are excellent because they are non-irritating and can be used on any part of the face or body! Because there is no scent, they make great bases for fragrance. For example--I created my own version of the wonderful but expensive Kiehl's deluxe vanilla body lotion by mixing 15 drops Kiehl's vanilla essence oil(expensive but a little goes a long way--very concentrated so it's well worth it)with a separate empty bottle ($2 pretty, clear yellow little bottle from CVS) of transferred Cetaphil lotion--it's absolutely terrific! The scent lasts an extremely long time and of course the lotion is the greatest, so it's the best of both worlds! Cetaphil is the greatest and I've been using it for a long time and will continue to do so. I suppose one could even make the special body lotion mixture with their favourite perfume! Going to try that next....:-)

on 1/20/2005 1:34:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Well, I'm impressed. This moisterizer goes on so smooth and makes my skin beatiful. It makes my makeup go on smooth as well. It's simple, which I like. None of crazy ingredients to irritate the skin. This is going to last me FOREVER! The tub is huge!

Something in this cream caused by skin to burn like crazy. That's okay, because I've found a holy grail in Cetaphil's moisturizing lotion. If you're having the same problem I had, try switching over. I did, and now I am loving my skin!

I like this cream strictly as a rehydrator for drier skin. It really works. If you're looking for a cream that has a lot of "bells and whistles" - this isn't it. It's simply for moisture only - and it really, really works.
*****************update 2/13
Still think this is a good basic moisturizer, but let it sink in to your skin as much as possible before applying sunscreen/makeup. It seems to stay on top of my skin! Don't like that...
Update 7/8
Occlusive moisturizers like this are not the best underneath sunscreen dues to their barrier action. They keep the sunscreen from being absorbed in to the skin, which is essential to getting protection. I use this only at night now.
++++++++++ I have combo skin, mid thirties, tend to get dry spots

on 1/5/2005 8:24:00 PM

Move over, TBS Unfragranced Body Cream, Cetaphil Moisturizing Cream is my new HG unscented body cream. This stuff is thick, as thick as Noxzema (but without the little grains, of course). It does a fabulous job of moisturizing dry skin and makes an excellent after-shave treatment for your legs and, er, wherever else you shave. I was surprised to find that it doesn't leave my skin greasy, either. I wouldn't touch it to my face because I have oily skin, so no comment there. The fact that it's completely unscented is a major plus for those of us who love our perfumes and don't want anything clashing with them. And it's so moisturizing that it even helps my perfume last a little longer on my skin. At about $10 for a large jar it's priced similarly to lower-end boutique creams, but it's much easier to find. I will never be without a jar of Cetaphil for my skin and Aquaphor for my lips. Thanks, mintara, for turning me on to both! continued >>