December 21, 2014 | 1443 users online

Eyeliner - Maybelline - Eyestudio Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner (All Shades)

rated 1 of 5 on 12/8/2010 6:53:00 PM More reviews by appyfan12

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love gel eyeliner, but this isn't the best one. I liked that it was shimmery and smooth at first, but then it dried up. I have oily eyelids, so it wouldn't even last an hour on me! Especially on my waterline. I would check my eyes about half an hour after putting it on, and I wouldn't see any eyeliner! Plus, the brush that comes with it is terrible. I will stick to my mac fluidline:P

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/7/2010 2:34:00 AM More reviews by irenesa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is one of my first gel liners (I have tryed bobbie brown) well this is more like a cream, than a gel.
It's (like you have read in other comments) VERY pigmented. When I first bought it, it was very very soft, and smooth, but now, 4 months after its more dry and solid. I found out that I can work with this better now than is a little bit dry. The consistensy is pretty smooth. Be sure to use a very thin and a new angle brush to make thin strokes.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/5/2010 3:41:00 PM More reviews by WyldCherry

I like the packaging and the color out put was good. However, the formula was a bit dry and applying it on did not go smoothly. It would sometimes clump which can be annoying (especially when trying to make a wing). I had to constantly warm it up on my hand get the gel to go on smoothly. Also, I had to quickly apply it on (while warm) or it would get clumpy when I wanted to apply a second coat (to fill in the gaps).

Once on it would through out the day (around 7 hours) and would eventually fade. It does smudge somewhat, but I have oily lids and that usually normal for any type of eyeliner I use.

Overall, it's pretty decent cream eyeliner. A bit clumpy, but it works.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/1/2010 1:54:00 AM More reviews by shinhbang

It's my HG gel liner! I bought this one for $6 at Wal-Mart. I mean, for a gel liner, that sounded like a great deal. It's highly-pigmented, super dark. I like it for it's creaminess, and it held up pretty long, considering the fact that my skin get's oily real fast. It doesn't flake off like my other gel liner which is the L'Oreal HIP one. I would definitely buy this again, and it'll probably be the only one I use.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/29/2010 9:44:00 PM More reviews by Skitts

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Ive been having the same package for almost a year. I'm usually a liquid liner person but when I want a thicker, less precise line I reach for this. I actually like the brush, it gets the job done. The main problem I see people with is it drying out.I put a layer of eye drops on it after every use, and it has stopped all my cream products from drying out.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/29/2010 9:10:00 PM More reviews by Karencitaaa

Love this gel eyeliner! It's a dupe of the MAC gel eyeliner with its packaging but unlike the MAC version it comes with a brush included. Goes on really smoothly and can stay for hours without smudging. One complaint I do have about it is that over time it does start to dry so when you apply it, it won't apply on as black as it used it.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/27/2010 5:33:00 PM More reviews by trancewh0re

I loveee this liner! I have been faithfully using my Revlon ColorStay liquid eye pen with a felt tip for the past 2 years and before that I was just using regular liquid liner and this by far is the easiest to apply. I actually like the brush that it came with (for once). I like to use the skinny side of the brush to apply the liner on the inner parts of my eyes and then I use the wider flat side for the outer edges & it gives me the perfect shape. Not only is it the easiest to apply but it looks the best as well. The staying power is amazing! Even at night time after a long day it still looks freshly applied. It doesn't flake, fade or smudge at all. Definitely will be repurchasing...so glad I decided to try this! :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/26/2010 9:00:00 PM More reviews by rockangel04

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I really like this liner, I purchased the brown shade and I couldn't be happier! I find that when I use a brush I can get better application along the lash line so I've always just strayed from eye pencils and used a jet black or dark brown eye shawdow to line with. So when I seen this I thought it would be perfect and it has been. I've had mine for a couple of months and it looks as if I've hardly touched it. The brush that comes with it does dry up but I find smashing and swirling it around in the lid softens it back up and it works just fine for lining after that. Staying power is great, color is perfect and I'm very happy with my purchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/26/2010 8:39:00 PM More reviews by xoxval

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I'm a highschool student, and I'm in school from about 8.30am to 3.30pm, and I desperately needed a liner that would last! I just about had it with normal kohl eyeliners, because at the end of the day they were absolutely gone! So, I picked this up for 10 dollars (with tax), and it was on sale. (A little bit ridiculous, since it's just a gel eyeliner, drugstore, and it was on SALE for 10 bucks! Too pricey) But it gets the job done! I have it in blackest black, and it stays on for the whole day! Of course near the end of the day it gets a little bit dull, but it finally put me out of the rut of kohl eyeliners! I'd repurchase, but only on a major sale.
UPDATE: Took a shower with it, and rubbed my eyes a bit, and it barely smeared! Im amazed!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/24/2010 8:04:00 PM More reviews by tawnyinthepink03

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I bought two of these (black & eggplant). These aren't bad for a DS gel liners. I'm thinking about picking up the charcoal one as well. I'm not a fan of the brush that these come with. No biggie though. I took one lippie off only because they tend to dry out quickly for me. Once this happens the application takes more work to look pristine.