Maybelline Eyestudio Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner (All Shades)

3.9

cyclopentasiloxane, propylsilsesquioxane, ceresin, isodecane, cyclohexasiloxane, caprylyl methicone, synthetic fluorphlogopite, silica silyate, disteardimonium hectorite, disodium stearoyl glutamate, propylene carbonate, candelilla wax, caprylyl glycol, aluminum hydroxide, calcium sodium borosilicate, calcium aluminum borosilicate, silica, tin oxide. [ ci 77491, ci 77492, ci 77499/iron oxides, mica, ci 77491/titanium dioxide, ci 77007/ultramarines, ci 77510/ferric ferrocyanide, ci 77288/chromium oxide greens, ci 77289/chromium hydroxide green, ci 77742/manganese violet, ci 42090/blue 1 lake, ci 19140/yellow 5 lake, ci 77510/ferric ammonium ferrocyanide]

on 1/22/2011 2:28:00 AM

I LOVE THIS EYELINER. It is waterproof. It comes with a nice little brush that's great for detailing. It lasts all day, and night if I let it. Great alternative to the L'Oreal HIP ones, a bit cheaper too. This stuff I don't go without.
I'm not sure if it's available in different colors. It would be nice if it was, but oh well.

on 1/20/2011 12:23:00 PM

I absolutely LOVE this eyeliner because it provides a smooth application for top eyelid. If your hand is not steady with liquid eyeliners, it would cause an uneven line on top of your eyelid. I do have to say, that you have to be careful on not grabbing too much of the gel if you've never used this product before as it may cause a bulky line. Nevertheless, after the first use, I think it's quite easy and creates a STRAIGHT line.

on 1/20/2011 2:20:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

Okay, so, I am a complete dumb*ss when it comes to applying eyeliner. I can never do it right, never, no matter what I use, pencil, gel, liquid, I always end up looking gross. I gave up trying to apply eyeliner and just stick with a simple makeup routine when I do wear makeup. Well, I decided to pick this up on a whim and I am glad I did! This stuff is IDIOT PROOF! If I can do it and make it look perfect, then ANYONE can! Plus, the line it gives is smooth, not TOO dark, and not too thick. My boyfriend, who usually doesn't like makeup on me and enjoys a more natural look, well he, who is usually very romantic and respectful by calling my "beautiful" and "gorgeous" said I looked "flippin' hot"! He didn't exactly use the word "flippin'" but a more R rated word, if you know what I mean. I still enjoy those romantic words, but the fact that I can still WOW him after so long is a good thing, and I owe part of that to this lovely little package!

on 1/18/2011 10:54:00 PM

I'm new to the world of eyeliner, but out of the 3 eyeliners I've used (Physicians Formula Felt-Tip eye marker & CoverGirl Outlast SmoothWear), this Maybelline New York Gel seems like a dream. It definitely stays put all day and night on the top lid, but I notice smearing and smudging on the bottom. I haven't tried using primer or concealer underneath, so maybe that would help.

I also like that it comes with a brush and a jar of eye liner. I can apply however much I want to the brush, and so far the liner seems to stay pliable. I've read some other reviews that say it dries after a few months. I think I've had mine for maybe 2 months and it's still good as new. It seems to go a very long way as well. I think it's definitely worth a try.

on 1/18/2011 1:10:00 PM

I liked this product in the beginning. It lasted all day. Now a few months later, it has gotten almost hard. I have some soft and hard eyeliner brushes and nothing seems to work. It is really flakey and doesn't go on that well.

on 1/18/2011 12:06:00 PM

Pros: Very easy to use. Even though i'm a teenager and have almost no experience with eyeliners, this gave me a very clean, dark line and when i winged it, the look turned out perfectly. Not too hard to remove, and I really like the brush.

Cons: The consistancy is a bit dry for my taste. I kept having to dip in the brush to get some more. Also, at the end of the day, it faded and i ended up with black stuff all under my eyes, although im sure some of it was my mascara. I'll try using a primer and setting the line with eyeshadow and see if i can make this stuff have more staying power.

on 1/15/2011 9:49:00 PM

I am actually impressed with this product. I typically use pencil eyeliner (Stila Kajal to be exact) because it is so much easier to apply than a liquid. However, I've seen all the hype on gel liners, so I thought I'd give this a try instead of purchasing a more expensiver version. I bought it in the black shade and it is very dark, lasts all day and some over my UD Eyeshadow Primer Potion. The brush it comes with isn't bad, but I prefer to apply it with a MAC 209 brush. I would recommend for anyone who likes gel eyeliners and doesn't want to spend more on the expensive brands.

I love this product! It is soooo creamy and stays on! I will be buying this again.

on 1/15/2011 1:14:00 AM

I really liked this eyeliner, though it doesn't wear for an extremely long time (for me it didn't go from morning to night, without a touchup or two) that aside, it is a fantastic product, the brush isn't the best, but the gel itself is is creamy and goes on extremely smoothly! I generally use it for the day time seeing as it does fade a bit, but if I want a more intense line I chuck some liquid eyeliner on top!

All in all great product, brush was a bit mediorce but for the price it is a fantastic product!

on 1/15/2011 12:10:00 AM

Love this eyeliner! I have it in black. It is super pigmented, and also really smooth, as well as long-wearing--pretty perfect! I also like that it comes in a smaller jar because I feel like it won't dry out as quickly (unlike the L'Oreal HIP gel eyeliner). One drawback of the packaging is the brush. I couldn't get a thin enough line w/ the brush. I thought the brush was too wide but also not flexible.

Video Reviews & Tutorials