September 21, 2014 | 2067 users online

Eyeliner - Maybelline - Eyestudio Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner (All Shades)

rated 5 of 5 on 11/12/2010 9:32:00 PM More reviews by WishDreamer

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

really good drugstore gel liner comparable to bobbi brown gelliner. has good color choices and is pretty creamy. stays on all day and is really waterproof trust me went to great america through water and heat the eyeliner stayed!reccomend to anyone new to gelliner.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/12/2010 11:54:00 AM More reviews by CKosturski25

I'm not exactly the most coordinated chica on the block, but this eyeliner made it easy to apply a liquid/pencil. It's not necessarily liquid and it's not pencil, it's a decent cross between. It's not gel like you would expect - it's almost like a soft lipstick consistency, if that makes sense. This is the first and only eyeliner I was able to get right up to the lashline. It stays on all day, even in humid Florida weather (while I was on vacation). The color can be as dark or light as you want. love, love, love it!!! I have the charcoal and the brown. I'm very fair skinned, so the charcoal is a perfect everyday for me. Yay for gel eyeliner! I am a big fan!
Just make sure as soon as you put the makeup on the brush you close the little pot - I heard it dries out quicky!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/10/2010 2:05:00 AM More reviews by Tannya

i was actually going to mac to get my first gel liner.., till a friend suggested that i try this one on.. and i have absolutely loved it.. i have always been using mac pencils in smolder or graph black or engraved.. they were jus about average.. this gel liner on the other hand is just fabulous.. i love the consistency, the color on my NC 35 skin is just right.. i don like it too stark and dark.. its so creamy and glides on so easy with the free brush.. though i sometimes use my sigma eye liner brush which gives me a thinner line.. overall id just say,. amazing price, good quality., will definitely repurchase..

rated 5 of 5 on 11/9/2010 6:38:00 PM More reviews by RFernandez

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

After reading the reviews I wanted to try a gel liner. It was so easy to apply and I am the worse with liners. I usually use a flat end brush and wet my shadow. The brush it comes with is perfect. Lovely surprise and will continue to buy over and over again.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/9/2010 4:08:00 PM More reviews by hitomitojite

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have used MAC, Bobbi Brown and Maybelline Gel eyeliner. Following is my review on comparing the 3.

Price wise: BB is the most expensive and I think paying over $20 for an eyeliner is kindda ridiculous, even it is something I use almost everyday and still last forever, when MAC sells the same thing in the same if not better quality. Maybelline's prices vary greatly depends on where you get it. If you can't wait for it to go on sale, get it at Target or Walmart. They are, however, cheaper if you find it bogo at your local drugstores.
Winners: Maybelline>MAC>BB

Texture: MAC is the most soft and fluid, and it is very easy to get too much on your brush. It is key to remove excess gel from your brush before you put it on your eyelid to get the best result. BB is a little harder, but it still very smooth and even, and you get enough on your brush after a stroke or 2. The Maybelline one is a bit more creamy than gel like and it does take a few dip to get enough gel on your brush, and you also have to be more careful if you want to draw an even line.
I think BB and MAC are pretty even on this category. It is depends if you like a softer or harder gel liner.

Winners: BB=MAC>Maybelline

Staying Power: I never have problems with BB, than with MAC sometimes it does smudges a little, but I think depends on the weather, and Maybelline only stay for a few hours before it smudges.

Winners: BB>MAC>Maybelline

Expiration: I can't comment on Maybelline yet, since I don't have one that has been open for a few months. As for BB and MAC. BB does dry up very fast, but you can restore it to its original texture by wetting your brush first. MAC stays as soft as the first day I bought it after a few month.

Winners: MAC>BB

Packaging: I adore BB and Maybelline's packages, and they are basically the same. Maybelline even comes with a brush, which is actually not terrible, although I do prefer a finer brush such as Sonia Kashuk., the Maybelline brush actually would be great for someone who just starts using gel liner. Though there is nothing wrong with MAC's packaging, it is a little more bulky for such small item.

Winners: Maybelline>BB>MAC

Overall:
BB: great gel liner but I would never buy one again unless it drops its price (which probably will never happen). Also hope it would stop drying so fast.

MAC: great gel liner, and a lot of colors to choose from, pretty good price, would definitely buy again.

Mayballine: If you have never tried gel liner before, try this one first and see if you like it better than using pencil or liquid. Even if you don't like the product itself, you get to keep a pretty good brush. And for fraction of the prices, this product actually is not bad at all if you are not super picky.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 11/8/2010 11:00:00 PM More reviews by Mermaid861

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

I think this is a great liner! I use MAC Fluidline in black for nights out, but for for daytime I wanted to try something in brown (I am a very fair skinned blonde, with blue eyes, so while black can be striking, I like to tone it down a bit for class and had mainly been using brown pencils until I found this). I saw this on sale a Rite Aid, had thought about trying it before, and decide to give it a go.

It turns out, its a good alternative to my MAC Fluidline. The thing I love the most about this one is the brush. I had been using an angled brush with my MAC, but now I clean and use this brush for both. It is so precise, and creates a nice little wing. I am able to make really thin lines, too.

I hadn't really noticed much of a problem with the staying power until I looked at the reviews. I thought about it, and it doesn't last quite as long as Fluidline, but it is still pretty great. I almost always use Urban Decay shadow primer on my lids, so that may help.

I do wish the brown were just a tiny bit darker. Not even a brown-black, but just a dark brown. Enough to define a bit better without being as harsh as black.

As far as the price is concerned, it was a great buy when I got it. But in the past I have noticed, without a sale, it is really only a few dollars cheaper than MAC. I think its a bit pricey - for a drugstore brand.

I'd give it 4.5 stars if I could. Its a little less messy than MAC - this is a little drier or something. But that means it is a little less smooth and goes on less thick. I am comparing black and brown, but I think MAC color is richer.

Overall, I would buy again for sure. I would wait for a sale, though. I would really suggest this product to someone who is buying her first gel liner, because of the brush.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2010 6:43:00 PM More reviews by ladolcediva

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

LOVE LOVE LOVE this! I prefer it over other gel liners (ie. MAC Fluidline) because of the thicker consistency. If only it were a dollar or so cheaper, I'd be an even happier camper. Overall, it's GREAT! I personally do not have any problems with smudging or disappearing throughout the day (I prime with MAC paintpots).

rated 4 of 5 on 11/7/2010 6:34:00 PM More reviews by sesame57

This was my first time buying a gel liner, so I was a little worried if I could easily draw my eye lines as easily as I could with myliquid or pencil eyeliners. I heard good things about this product, so I decided I would give it try and bought the gel liner in blackest black. I found that that the product was very easy to apply and the brush included in the package works well. I am able to make thin lines and thicker lines along my top lid with no problem at all. The color lasts all day long, but can smudge if you are not careful. However, even though the color is listed as blackest black, it is not as dark as I would like it to be. This is probably because I am used to my carbon black L'Oreal Linear Intense felt tip liner. I also noticed that I need to give the liner time to dry after application otherwise it will smear when I open my eyes to apply mascara. I will still remain faithful to my Linear Intense felt tip liner. I usually use this gel liner for weekend makeup wear just because it doesn't stand up as well to all day wear like my Linear Intense liner. All in all it is a pretty good product that I will probably buy again.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/7/2010 6:19:00 PM More reviews by sweetxcheeks195

i bought this product both in charcoal and black. this product is good for about 2 hours then it loses its color, it fades, and it smudges. when i look for eyeliner i look for staying power and this product didnt. when i put it on at 6:00 in the morning then check it at lunch i have to reapply at some places so it will stay black. the only thing this product is good for is your lower lash line. i apply it it at 6:00 and it stays on till 3:00 but i dont apply it to my water line.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/5/2010 9:36:00 PM More reviews by acrobats

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Pros: fantastic deep inky black, easy to apply, included brush is (surprisingly) good and functional. It looks great on!
Cons: staying power could be better