April 16, 2014 | 1514 users online

Eyeliner - Maybelline - Eyestudio Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner (All Shades)

rated 5 of 5 on 10/2/2010 12:51:00 AM More reviews by ellenahc5

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Black

My first gel liner and unlike my pencil/liquid eyeliners this does not fade, budge or smudge on my oily lids. Unfortunately they don't have it in stock where I live so I have to get it when ever someone takes a trip to the states.
The brush is very easy to maneuver.
I have very sensitive eyes and this has not caused any allergic reactions! Love it love it love it (((((:

rated 4 of 5 on 10/1/2010 8:21:00 PM More reviews by JGuan56

This eyeliner was So easy to use and the pigmentation was exceptional not the best but certainly not bad! I love the jar it comes in because it reminds of the Bobbi brown long wearing gel liner! The lasting ability can last you an entire school day so about 9 hours but no longer than that and it may actually be a little but generous! The brush was not that good but it's good enough that you still get a nice line easily so it's perfect for others starting with eyeliner because personally I feel like gel liner is the easiest to work and the brush is ok as well! Though you might want to buy another brush although the size on the brush it comes with is perfect!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/1/2010 7:36:00 PM More reviews by blueroses2525

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

This is a great product. It comes with a wonderful brush that helps give a great, smooth, even application. It doesn't fade or smudge, even in the humid Houston climate! I use it for my "weekend neutral" look -- I cover my lids with NYX's Jumbo Eye Pencil in Milk, then brush on a layer of Wet 'n' Wild's Color Icon shadow in Brulee, and then finish it off with this eyeliner in dark brown. It looks beautiful and lasts all day long!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/29/2010 9:41:00 PM More reviews by gorbe

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I think gel liners are the easiest to work with, and this is probably the best gel liner I've used. Before this I had been using some Physicians Formula gel liner, which I like, but had tiny glitter particles in it, which was kind of irritating me. This one is just pure black, no glitter. This product is awesome in that it breaks the drugstore brush curse (or even high end makeup curse, sometimes) of coming with a completely useless brush. The brush is NICE and perfect for use with the product. I am able to apply a medium-thick line with this brush, and I use my ELF blending brush to soften the line. Holds up far better than other eyeliners I've used, though it tends to look a little lighter (not as dark black) at the end of the day. But at least its THERE and not under my eyelid. Would definitely repurchase.

Edit: I don't see a seperate section for the purple color of this product,but I wanted to add that I hate that one! I love purples, but for some reason, the purple version of this seemed to have a far different/lamer consistency. It was not well pigmented, and hard to apply. I have no idea why. Maybe I just got a dud. Anyway, I'd repurchase the black one anyday.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/29/2010 2:12:00 AM More reviews by Jent77

I love this stuff. I use it on my upper lash line and lower, but not the waterline and it doesn't budge, it never smears on me nor flakes until i take it off and I have oily skin and that includes all around my eye area. The only little problem I have is that it has dried up a bit since purchasing it when it came out in stores, but it still functions the same if you know how to maneuver the brush and it might have just been me leaving the cap off for too long.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/27/2010 4:42:00 AM More reviews by verot909

i first bought this product in black in january and to tell u the truth i hated it.this when i really started getting into makeup. it was so hard for me to get a straight line on my eyelid and i didnt even know i could use it in my waterline. so i threw it away and stayed with my black eyeliner pencil. then in august i decided to read makeup books and noticed how alot of makeup artist are always using gel liners but it wasnt enoughfor me to go buy a gel liner. a wk later i bought the sonia kashuk black smudge brush and when i got home i looked up reviews on the brush and realized that alot of people kept on saying how this works really well to line ur eyelid with gel liners. thats when i decided to try gel liners again and decided to give maybelline gel liner another try and i do not regret it at all. it wasnt the makeup that sucked it was me who didnt have a clue how to use it. i have to admit i do use the sonia kashuk brush with it and its amazing but i also tried the aplicator it comes with and it did a really great job. so if u buy this and dont like it dont give up its probably the same problem i had. i didnt know how to use the product. so its not the product that sucks its u lol u need to practice :)

rated 5 of 5 on 9/26/2010 5:02:00 PM More reviews by bellebasher

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I bought this out of sheer curiousity, and ended up loving it! I put it on at five in the morning when I was leaving to go on a school trip, and didn't get home until ten that night. I still had to use eye makeup remover to get it off. The line stayed bold and true to shape, and only smudged a little. I have it in black, and its very rich and pigmented. The brush it comes with is excellent and helps even the clumsiest of hands apply a nice straight line. Overall, a great buy, and I will definately repurchase.

UPDATE: Still loving it, but I thought I would share something I've discovered can be done with it. If you warm it up on the back of your hand, and dip a firm contour eyeshadow brush into it, it works very well as a crease shade.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/26/2010 9:42:00 AM More reviews by iacostamed

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Black

I LOVE THIS.
I own the black, purple, and gray one! I love that it comes with it's own brush, and it does work, though for super thin lines i'll just use my 210 by MAC.
The black one is INCREDIBLY black, and so much smoother in application than Bobbi Brown's Black Ink.
The eggplant color is kinda sheer, but it can be layered to achieve a deeper color.
I rarely ever use the gray one, but it is smooth and pigmented and does not smudge.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/25/2010 5:34:00 AM More reviews by captainflamingo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I first bought this in brown and it was near my NC40 skin tone. Useless, but I liked to brush and the consistency so I bought it in black. It leaves a greasy coat on my brush no matter how I wash them so I stick to the brush it came with, which is actually really nice and perfect for the formula of this liner. The color is really intense and dries but slowly enough to blend. It comes off with makeup remover. Overall, it's a good quality product, the only con being the somewhat high price(I got mine for $9, I believe) and the mentioned greasy film it leaves.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/24/2010 10:06:00 PM More reviews by cherry3308

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

it was the first gel liner i bought. it's an okay gel liner. its does stay well on my lashline but not really on the waterline. But, not to the point of giving me raccoon eyes. But as it said,it is DRAMATIC :) and i love that fact.
i usually dont like the applicator brushes that came with the product. but i like the brush that came with this gel liner, small and easy to apply.
I put, not purchasing this product again because i already found another favorite gel liner so there's no point of repurchasing this gel liner.
I think the only reason for me to repurchase this again would be :
my current favorite gel liner is discontinued