Maybelline Eyestudio Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner (All Shades)

3.9

cyclopentasiloxane, propylsilsesquioxane, ceresin, isodecane, cyclohexasiloxane, caprylyl methicone, synthetic fluorphlogopite, silica silyate, disteardimonium hectorite, disodium stearoyl glutamate, propylene carbonate, candelilla wax, caprylyl glycol, aluminum hydroxide, calcium sodium borosilicate, calcium aluminum borosilicate, silica, tin oxide. [ ci 77491, ci 77492, ci 77499/iron oxides, mica, ci 77491/titanium dioxide, ci 77007/ultramarines, ci 77510/ferric ferrocyanide, ci 77288/chromium oxide greens, ci 77289/chromium hydroxide green, ci 77742/manganese violet, ci 42090/blue 1 lake, ci 19140/yellow 5 lake, ci 77510/ferric ammonium ferrocyanide]

I love this eyeliner! I have it in the dark brown color. It is soft and creamy, and nice and dark. I have oily eyelids, and don't have a problem with it smudging throughout the day, even without a primer.

I apply it with my Sonia Kashuk bent eyeliner brush, although the brush they give you will work as well. (You kind of pat it on instead of dragging it across with that particular brush).

Dark, smooth, long-lasting, well priced- what more can you ask for? :)

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I'm not sure if it's just me, but the eyeliner smudges within 30 minutes of it put on. I have bangs, so that might be the problem since it gets in my face a lot. I like the packaging and I love how it comes with a brush. It's easy to get off with makeup remover. Other than that, it's a good product if you don't really care about smudging and whatnot.

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

This product has just become available in New Zealand so I had to go check it out, we
only get 2 colours (black &
brown) I purchased the brown
as I bought I new blacktrack in december, staying power is pretty good I've been wearing it for a week and haven't had any issues with smudging, but I only wear on the upper lash line, the brown colour is fair dense but it's not a black brown so it's not as dark as some brown liners (I perfer my brown liners to look brown if I wanted it to look dark like black, I'd wear black) anywho it's cheaper than fluidline which is NZ$36, this only cost NZ$20.99 from farmers, the brush it comes with sucks to apply the product with (I use a Mac 209) but it's pretty good for applying shadow to the lower lash line, I'd deff buy this again

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

I have nothing but great things to say about this product. I Love it!!!!! I have this in Black and I also have one in Eggplant. I think they are fantastic. They don't dry out (I've had mine for over 6 months), they glide on perfectly, and they do not budge for the entire day...even when I workout. Before this I used Bobby Brown's Gel Eyeliner which IMO doesn't come close to this. I also have L'oreal HIP Gel Eyeliner which also pales in comparison to Maybelline's version. If I could make one teensy-weensy criticism I would just wish the Black version of this was a little bit darker. But regardless I will buy this over and over again, definitely one of my favorite products which I use on a daily basis.

I have this product in brown and charcoal and LOVE IT! I can't say enough about it. It is so super easy to apply, and you can get a great thin line right at your lash line super easily.

This right now is the only liner i'm using. The brown is the perfect dark shade of brown, and the charcoal is nice as well (sort of a shimmery black).

Not sure why some are complaining of smudging. Once it sets, it doesn't budge on me (whether i've used primer or not). I have to rub makeup remover really hard on my lids to get it all off at the end of the night.

Edited: I finally got it in black and it's super crazy black! Still just as pleased with it as the other colors.

This product is crap. I do have to say that it is easy to apply, so I am often tempted to use it. But, it smears like crazy! Even with an eyelid primer, this stuff smears all over the place. I'm so disappointed. Sucks even more that I bought 2 colors because of a buy 1 get 1 half off sale. What a waste of money :( The one good thing about this product is the brush. I think the Wet N Wild gel liner is much better than this, but I use the Maybelline brush with it.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Overall, this eyeliner is pretty amazing, especially for a drugstore one.
Pros: Great Pigmentation
Nice, soft, flexible brush
Variety of colors
It doesn't dry out in the pot quickly, I had mine for a year before i got sick of it, and threw it away
Applies easily

Cons: Dries out on eyes
Not very long lasting
Smudges like crazy
Sort of expensive for the quality
Irritates sometimes
So, if your looking for a good quality drugstore gel liner, Buy this!
Butt, if smudging really annoys you, or you have sensitive eyes, skip it.

Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse

Great eyeliner, considering it's DS. I've used MAC blacktrack fluidline before and think this Maybelline one is very comparable.

I first purchased this in Japan before it was released in the US and was impressed at how it held up in the hot humid Tokyo summer heat! Occasionally it does smudge after a while, because my lids are rather oily. If I use primer beforehand though, it never smudges. But yes, when it does smudge it's usually just a little bit into my crease (which can be easily wiped away with my finger). Aside from that the lasting power is very good and it stays put all day.

The brush it comes with is pretty good but I prefer using my own brush so I can get more precise lines. The included brush is definately useable though and does not shed. The little pot it comes in is very durable and lightweight so you can carry it in your bag too.

I use the black shade and it is pretty black. Not as black as blacktrack fluidline, but it is very dark and if you use 2 layers the intensity is a very strong deep black. Makes my green/blue eyes pop beautifully. It dries quite fast upon application so no need to hang around waiting for it to set. Unlike the previous reviewer, I notice no shimmer whatsoever. It is a solid matte black.

This is a very worthwhile purchase and my jar has not dried up even though I've owned it for almost 2 years now! This is definately the best liner I currently own.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

My Verdict:
A Round of Applause.

I'm a felt-tip, liquid liner enthusiast, but when I stumbled upon this gel liner in my local grocery store, I thought I would try it.

It's a wonderful product. It's easy to use:

-Generous amount of product in jar.
-Easy twist-on-twist-off cap.
-Colours are quite pigmented.
-Does not dry quickly.
-Simple to design with. Workable.
-Does not melt quickly.
-Can be smudged without hassle.
-Contains teensy weensy bit of shimmer. (Nothing too obvious)
-Easy to create a single or double - winged tip.
-Does not irritate skin, esp around eyes.
-Removal from skin is too easy and quick.

Sometimes it does smudge (when NOT smudged on purpose). I'll be an hour into my work day and already the inner corners of my eye lids are smudged up. The ends stay precisely pointed and black, though.

The thickness is wonderful and incredibly enjoyable to make designs with. It's affordable too.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

Love this eyeliner! The little liner tool is exceptional in helping me to draw a smooth, even line every time. Once I apply this liner, it stays in place all day with no fading or smearing. The product itself last for what seems like forever.

Video Reviews & Tutorials