November 24, 2014 | 973 users online

Eyeliner - Maybelline - Eyestudio Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner (All Shades)

rated 4 of 5 on 11/29/2010 9:10:00 PM More reviews by Karencitaaa

Love this gel eyeliner! It's a dupe of the MAC gel eyeliner with its packaging but unlike the MAC version it comes with a brush included. Goes on really smoothly and can stay for hours without smudging. One complaint I do have about it is that over time it does start to dry so when you apply it, it won't apply on as black as it used it.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/27/2010 5:33:00 PM More reviews by trancewh0re

I loveee this liner! I have been faithfully using my Revlon ColorStay liquid eye pen with a felt tip for the past 2 years and before that I was just using regular liquid liner and this by far is the easiest to apply. I actually like the brush that it came with (for once). I like to use the skinny side of the brush to apply the liner on the inner parts of my eyes and then I use the wider flat side for the outer edges & it gives me the perfect shape. Not only is it the easiest to apply but it looks the best as well. The staying power is amazing! Even at night time after a long day it still looks freshly applied. It doesn't flake, fade or smudge at all. Definitely will be repurchasing...so glad I decided to try this! :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/26/2010 9:00:00 PM More reviews by rockangel04

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I really like this liner, I purchased the brown shade and I couldn't be happier! I find that when I use a brush I can get better application along the lash line so I've always just strayed from eye pencils and used a jet black or dark brown eye shawdow to line with. So when I seen this I thought it would be perfect and it has been. I've had mine for a couple of months and it looks as if I've hardly touched it. The brush that comes with it does dry up but I find smashing and swirling it around in the lid softens it back up and it works just fine for lining after that. Staying power is great, color is perfect and I'm very happy with my purchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/26/2010 8:39:00 PM More reviews by xoxval

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I'm a highschool student, and I'm in school from about 8.30am to 3.30pm, and I desperately needed a liner that would last! I just about had it with normal kohl eyeliners, because at the end of the day they were absolutely gone! So, I picked this up for 10 dollars (with tax), and it was on sale. (A little bit ridiculous, since it's just a gel eyeliner, drugstore, and it was on SALE for 10 bucks! Too pricey) But it gets the job done! I have it in blackest black, and it stays on for the whole day! Of course near the end of the day it gets a little bit dull, but it finally put me out of the rut of kohl eyeliners! I'd repurchase, but only on a major sale.
UPDATE: Took a shower with it, and rubbed my eyes a bit, and it barely smeared! Im amazed!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/24/2010 8:04:00 PM More reviews by tawnyinthepink03

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I bought two of these (black & eggplant). These aren't bad for a DS gel liners. I'm thinking about picking up the charcoal one as well. I'm not a fan of the brush that these come with. No biggie though. I took one lippie off only because they tend to dry out quickly for me. Once this happens the application takes more work to look pristine.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/24/2010 6:54:00 PM More reviews by snowcat123

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have this in eggplant and blackest black. I LOVE the blackest black one : It goes on smooth, stays on all day, and is REALLY waterproof, i went swimming with it on a couple of times. However, the eggplant wasn't that nice. It was sparkly and made my eyes look kind of blah... I would repurchase the black, but not the eggplant.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/21/2010 5:07:00 PM More reviews by bubblegum11

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

i like it for my waterline and tightline but when i apply it to my upper lashline....it feels cakey,then it gets dry and flakes off,but if you dont have a good liner for the water and tight line then i would purchase this,but i dont use it on my water and tightline a lot so,Bottom Line I Wouldnt Repurchase

rated 1 of 5 on 11/21/2010 4:57:00 PM More reviews by imaddicted2makeup

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

WORST THING EVER!! I was so excited to get this product I couldnt wait to get home to try it. Well it was fantastic the 3 TIMES I actually got to use it before it dried up into a horrible mess.I was soooooo mad. I only put this as expensive because of how quickly it dried up. I always made sure the lid was on tight and recapped every time I dipped the brush. I would have been happy to atleast get a month out of it, but no I didnt even get a week. MAYBE NEXT TIME MAYBELLINE!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/21/2010 4:17:00 PM More reviews by marria77

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Fantastic product. This is the first gel liner I have used. I have tried and tried to get a strong bold but thin black line with liquid liners, powders, pencils...this is by far exceeds all the other products I have tried. That said, I haven't tried any other gel liner brands.

The brush is quite good and allows you to draw a very thin line or thicken it up easily. The pigment is great (I got blackest black) and it has a patent leather look. One coat was more than enough.

Would definitely buy again.

Edit: Took one point off because after trying Bobbi Brown's liner- I have to say this is a bit thicker and harder to handle- as compared to Bobbi Brown's formula which is very nice and creamy. Still a good deal though.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/19/2010 1:22:00 AM More reviews by blanca098

For a drugstore brand, this eyeliner was a pleasant surprise.
It applies easy and looks well-done. My only complaint is that its not-so-great on the waterline. It does not keep for long and ends up at the outer corner of the eye, but on the lower lashline, this eyeliner stays all day. (As well as the eyelid lashline).
Good buy ($7/8 for applicator brush and gel pot)
Overall, recommended!