Maybelline Eyestudio Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner (All Shades)

3.9

cyclopentasiloxane, propylsilsesquioxane, ceresin, isodecane, cyclohexasiloxane, caprylyl methicone, synthetic fluorphlogopite, silica silyate, disteardimonium hectorite, disodium stearoyl glutamate, propylene carbonate, candelilla wax, caprylyl glycol, aluminum hydroxide, calcium sodium borosilicate, calcium aluminum borosilicate, silica, tin oxide. [ ci 77491, ci 77492, ci 77499/iron oxides, mica, ci 77491/titanium dioxide, ci 77007/ultramarines, ci 77510/ferric ferrocyanide, ci 77288/chromium oxide greens, ci 77289/chromium hydroxide green, ci 77742/manganese violet, ci 42090/blue 1 lake, ci 19140/yellow 5 lake, ci 77510/ferric ammonium ferrocyanide]

on 1/18/2011 12:06:00 PM

Pros: Very easy to use. Even though i'm a teenager and have almost no experience with eyeliners, this gave me a very clean, dark line and when i winged it, the look turned out perfectly. Not too hard to remove, and I really like the brush.

Cons: The consistancy is a bit dry for my taste. I kept having to dip in the brush to get some more. Also, at the end of the day, it faded and i ended up with black stuff all under my eyes, although im sure some of it was my mascara. I'll try using a primer and setting the line with eyeshadow and see if i can make this stuff have more staying power.

on 1/15/2011 9:49:00 PM

I am actually impressed with this product. I typically use pencil eyeliner (Stila Kajal to be exact) because it is so much easier to apply than a liquid. However, I've seen all the hype on gel liners, so I thought I'd give this a try instead of purchasing a more expensiver version. I bought it in the black shade and it is very dark, lasts all day and some over my UD Eyeshadow Primer Potion. The brush it comes with isn't bad, but I prefer to apply it with a MAC 209 brush. I would recommend for anyone who likes gel eyeliners and doesn't want to spend more on the expensive brands.

I love this product! It is soooo creamy and stays on! I will be buying this again.

on 1/15/2011 1:14:00 AM

I really liked this eyeliner, though it doesn't wear for an extremely long time (for me it didn't go from morning to night, without a touchup or two) that aside, it is a fantastic product, the brush isn't the best, but the gel itself is is creamy and goes on extremely smoothly! I generally use it for the day time seeing as it does fade a bit, but if I want a more intense line I chuck some liquid eyeliner on top!

All in all great product, brush was a bit mediorce but for the price it is a fantastic product!

on 1/15/2011 12:10:00 AM

Love this eyeliner! I have it in black. It is super pigmented, and also really smooth, as well as long-wearing--pretty perfect! I also like that it comes in a smaller jar because I feel like it won't dry out as quickly (unlike the L'Oreal HIP gel eyeliner). One drawback of the packaging is the brush. I couldn't get a thin enough line w/ the brush. I thought the brush was too wide but also not flexible.

on 1/14/2011 9:25:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Cool

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

Loooooooooove this. It is very pigmented, a little goes a long way, very creamy :) I want to buy more colors, they are just that amazing. Since discovering MAC fluidlines, I haven't been in love with another gel liner in a long time. This one is def a dupe for it, and cheaper, which is always a plus.

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

This was my first eyeliner and i thought it was pretty good at first. It goes on black and fairly pigmented. The only thing is with my hooded eyelids, the eyeliner wears off and creases like crazy. And then torwards the end of the day, the black color is basically gray. Its fiarly good for the waterline and tightline. Id recommend this for people who has fairly dry eyelids and non hooded eyelids. Otherwise, i wouldnt buy this.

on 1/12/2011 6:37:00 PM

I LOVED THIS!
i purchased it when it first came out and i've been using it (quite often) since then. i went back to hong kong during the hot humid weather and it didn't even smear. i also ran into some trouble and made me cry many times while wearing this, i figured that my mascara came off completely but my waterline was still solid black, i liked that.
the only thing is that i don't know how to apply eyeliner (any sort of eyeliner) to my upper lid, so i only line my waterline... it works pretty well on my waterline ;]

the brush gets difficult to use so i started using a leftover pencil eyeliner to line my upper waterline! will repurchase <3.

on 1/12/2011 5:36:00 PM

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I just returned this liner today. The gel applied sheer and unevenly, and the brush just plain sucked. Even with my decent eyeliner brush I was unable to apply this evenly, and it smeared off very easily with just a dry fingertip. I have very watery eyes and was attracted to the packaging that claimed it was waterproof, but it was nowhere close. I'd spend a few extra bucks and buy a decent gel liner, like Bare Escentuals' Buxom Lashliner, which I've used in the past.

on 1/12/2011 1:54:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Edit 04/19/11: I don't know if the formula has changed, but I have noticed the last couple of weeks that the liner just gets chunky from where my eyes water up and it rubs off. It makes me really depressed b/c it's so cheap and I loved it so much! :(

Original Post: I really do love this! This is great for every day use and it's cheap. I happen to really like the brush once I kind of "dull" the end a bit. It's like using a pencil. I put it on at 9AM and take it off sometimes past midnight. It stays where I've placed it. I wear contacts and have very sensitive eyes that constantly waters. This works and stays in place if you don't go haywire and rub the crap out of your eyes which I think would smudge with any type of liner! The color payoff for me was great. One pot lasts me a few months. The only downside is when it dries up towards the bottom of the pot. ;(

Video Reviews & Tutorials