Maybelline Eyestudio Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner (All Shades)

cyclopentasiloxane, propylsilsesquioxane, ceresin, isodecane, cyclohexasiloxane, caprylyl methicone, synthetic fluorphlogopite, silica silyate, disteardimonium hectorite, disodium stearoyl glutamate, propylene carbonate, candelilla wax, caprylyl glycol, aluminum hydroxide, calcium sodium borosilicate, calcium aluminum borosilicate, silica, tin oxide. [ ci 77491, ci 77492, ci 77499/iron oxides, mica, ci 77491/titanium dioxide, ci 77007/ultramarines, ci 77510/ferric ferrocyanide, ci 77288/chromium oxide greens, ci 77289/chromium hydroxide green, ci 77742/manganese violet, ci 42090/blue 1 lake, ci 19140/yellow 5 lake, ci 77510/ferric ammonium ferrocyanide]

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Im Animal Cruelty free so will never ever again buy maybelline products again:( I did some research and find out how horrible they test on animals. I just can't support this is sorry:(this is my OWN personal opinion, don't jump on me or hate I have the right to say what I think.

on 1/9/2011 4:16:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

This gel liner works fine, better and easier to apply than liquid liner. The packaging says it can stay on for 24 hours but that's not true. I still get smudges after a few hours of wearing this. I top it off with black eyeshadow for it to stay on longer. But overall, I like this product because it can give me either natural or dramatic look for my eyes. I also love the brush because it is of excellent quality.

on 1/9/2011 3:50:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I have seen many mixed reviews on this product, some saying they found it to sheer when first applying, smudging/running, quick to wear off.... i cant say i have any of these problems with this product, although i have to agree that it does go on a bit sheer with the first application, but i kind of liked that because it was buildable and if you weren't wanting a super heavy black line it was kind of nice to have it a little lighter and be able to build it thicker if i wanted to. I had no problems with it smudging and i have been wearing it all day 9am-10pm so far and it is still in place :) . I was not looking forward to using the brush, BUT i was very surprised that it was very good, really like the brush. the little pot is cute and has a lot of product and will last for quite a while. I must say i do have a Bobbi Brown gel liner that is my no1 but i really like this Maybelline gel liner. I would buy again :)

on 1/9/2011 1:21:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I love this eyeliner sooo much. I was very impressed by the quality of this product it goes on very smooth and I like that I get to control how dark I want it. It lasts all day and best of all it comes with a brush that is actually useful!

on 1/8/2011 10:06:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

It's a good gel liner. It's pigmented, goes on smoothly, and I love the brush it comes with. But the stuff NEVER dried. And by the end of the day it smudged out on the corners, gave me raccoon eyes and I got marks on my lid.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I've always loved gel eyeliners and this is no exception. Goes on very easily and offered in a great choice of colors.
I think it lasts all day, and almost as well as Bobbi Brown and MAC versions, however can be set with powder for extra stay. I didn't find that it smudged or migrated, either.
The brush that comes with it is also GREAT! I like it better than my Lancome brush I used with my other gel/creme eyeliners.
Overall, the color is not quite as dark black as Bobbi Browns, but for the price difference, I do not mind setting with black eyeshadow when I want it extra-dark. This is an excellent sub for the more expensive products, as all other aspects are the same. Package lasts forever, too.

on 1/8/2011 7:53:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Creamy, cute packaging, a lot for your money, and an overall good product. However, it's very difficult to remove, leaves a mess on my towels when I wipe my eyes, and if I draw a line that's too thick, it will end up on my upper eyelids rather than my lower. Good brush however.

EDIT: I have found that it wears off too fast for me. Bumped down from 3, to 2.

on 1/8/2011 6:58:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

I gave it 5 lippies because its a great product! I hope maybelline keeps making it! Its ten dollars cheaper than my Inglot and I love how smooth it applies and the brush is great! 5/5! the pot and packaging is cute too I just hope it doesn't dry up too quick!

on 1/7/2011 3:25:00 AM

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I am disappointed with this. The reviews were good and I thought this would be a good gel liner. I like the packaging and the brush, and that's about it. First off, it's not very pigmented. It goes on slightly sheer and you have to keep going over the line to make it black enough. Most importantly it is NOT waterproof or smudgeproof. This stuff smudged all over the place after just 2 hours. Also, I've worn it twice and had the same result. It ended up migrating to my upper eyelid, under my eyes, faded, all just a mess. I would have to set this with a black shadow to make it last longer and that should not be the case. I shouldn't have to add an extra step when I'm going for a quick and minimal look. I got it for almost ten dollars, and that's just too much for this crap. I regret buying this and will NOT buy again.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I was getting ready to go out and buy some more of the pricier makeup for the 'average' girl. One of the items I was going to buy was some MAC fluid gel eyeliner (I LOVE their eyeliner). However, I decided that I haven't looked at the drug store makeup in a couple of years. I found this eyeliner & I do like it a lot (I got blackest black). It goes on easily and smoothly and precisely like MAC's fluid gel eyeliner. The brush that comes with this product is a small flat round paneled brush & it is suitable to use with it, but I prefer the more dense angled brush I used with my MAC liner (which I bought separately so I use it with this Maybelline liner.

Maybelline's eyeliner IS a nice alternative to MAC's fluid gel eyeliner; However
Cons:
1.) This eyeliner starts absorbing into my eyelids & fades away by the middle of the day; I don't have this problem with MAC's liner. By the end of the day, it looks gray.
2.) I bought "Blackest black", but it's not as black as I would have hoped it to be. I like BLACK eyeliner or dark brown eyeliner & nothing in between, so that's more of a personal disliking.

I'm still inclined to just spend the extra $5-$8 to get MAC's fluid gel eyeliner, but I'm not opposed to buying this again. It's a great product for the price!

UPDATE: The longer I used this liner; the more I disliked it. It smudges easily but does not wash away easily. The fading of it after a few hours is very annoying. I thought I would buy it again if I had to, but nevermind. I'll stick to a higher end gel liner next time.

Video Reviews & Tutorials