October 30, 2014 | 1565 users online

Eyeliner - Maybelline - Eyestudio Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner (All Shades)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/26/2010 9:00:00 PM More reviews by rockangel04

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I really like this liner, I purchased the brown shade and I couldn't be happier! I find that when I use a brush I can get better application along the lash line so I've always just strayed from eye pencils and used a jet black or dark brown eye shawdow to line with. So when I seen this I thought it would be perfect and it has been. I've had mine for a couple of months and it looks as if I've hardly touched it. The brush that comes with it does dry up but I find smashing and swirling it around in the lid softens it back up and it works just fine for lining after that. Staying power is great, color is perfect and I'm very happy with my purchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/26/2010 8:39:00 PM More reviews by xoxval

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I'm a highschool student, and I'm in school from about 8.30am to 3.30pm, and I desperately needed a liner that would last! I just about had it with normal kohl eyeliners, because at the end of the day they were absolutely gone! So, I picked this up for 10 dollars (with tax), and it was on sale. (A little bit ridiculous, since it's just a gel eyeliner, drugstore, and it was on SALE for 10 bucks! Too pricey) But it gets the job done! I have it in blackest black, and it stays on for the whole day! Of course near the end of the day it gets a little bit dull, but it finally put me out of the rut of kohl eyeliners! I'd repurchase, but only on a major sale.
UPDATE: Took a shower with it, and rubbed my eyes a bit, and it barely smeared! Im amazed!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/24/2010 8:04:00 PM More reviews by tawnyinthepink03

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I bought two of these (black & eggplant). These aren't bad for a DS gel liners. I'm thinking about picking up the charcoal one as well. I'm not a fan of the brush that these come with. No biggie though. I took one lippie off only because they tend to dry out quickly for me. Once this happens the application takes more work to look pristine.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/24/2010 6:54:00 PM More reviews by snowcat123

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have this in eggplant and blackest black. I LOVE the blackest black one : It goes on smooth, stays on all day, and is REALLY waterproof, i went swimming with it on a couple of times. However, the eggplant wasn't that nice. It was sparkly and made my eyes look kind of blah... I would repurchase the black, but not the eggplant.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/21/2010 5:07:00 PM More reviews by bubblegum11

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

i like it for my waterline and tightline but when i apply it to my upper lashline....it feels cakey,then it gets dry and flakes off,but if you dont have a good liner for the water and tight line then i would purchase this,but i dont use it on my water and tightline a lot so,Bottom Line I Wouldnt Repurchase

rated 1 of 5 on 11/21/2010 4:57:00 PM More reviews by imaddicted2makeup

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

WORST THING EVER!! I was so excited to get this product I couldnt wait to get home to try it. Well it was fantastic the 3 TIMES I actually got to use it before it dried up into a horrible mess.I was soooooo mad. I only put this as expensive because of how quickly it dried up. I always made sure the lid was on tight and recapped every time I dipped the brush. I would have been happy to atleast get a month out of it, but no I didnt even get a week. MAYBE NEXT TIME MAYBELLINE!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/21/2010 4:17:00 PM More reviews by marria77

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Fantastic product. This is the first gel liner I have used. I have tried and tried to get a strong bold but thin black line with liquid liners, powders, pencils...this is by far exceeds all the other products I have tried. That said, I haven't tried any other gel liner brands.

The brush is quite good and allows you to draw a very thin line or thicken it up easily. The pigment is great (I got blackest black) and it has a patent leather look. One coat was more than enough.

Would definitely buy again.

Edit: Took one point off because after trying Bobbi Brown's liner- I have to say this is a bit thicker and harder to handle- as compared to Bobbi Brown's formula which is very nice and creamy. Still a good deal though.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/19/2010 1:22:00 AM More reviews by blanca098

For a drugstore brand, this eyeliner was a pleasant surprise.
It applies easy and looks well-done. My only complaint is that its not-so-great on the waterline. It does not keep for long and ends up at the outer corner of the eye, but on the lower lashline, this eyeliner stays all day. (As well as the eyelid lashline).
Good buy ($7/8 for applicator brush and gel pot)
Overall, recommended!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/18/2010 7:50:00 PM More reviews by sarahlen

I decided to pick this up the other day because my mac fluidline has really dried out and i wanted a drugstore dupe . This was really the only one i saw so i decided to try it, well its not a dupe for fluidline, to me its better.

*SIDE NOTE : fluidline and other so called gel liners are really just cream and feel creamy/greasy, this is definitely gel and more siliconey. For me thats neither here nor there really. cream or gel, you cant tell when its on your eyes but it might be important to others

I will just pro and con it

Pros:
cheap- awesome deal under 10 dollars a brush and good sized pot

packaging - the brush is extremely precise and compact and IT COMES WITH A
BRUSH! I have never seen that and a good one none the less

glidability: - this, i think because of its more gel like silicone texture, glides on way smother than mac's, stila's or bobbi brown's pot eyeliner and is therefore easier to work with especially for tight lining

staying power : amazing put some on my hand and took shower just to see , after going to bed it was still there the next day

Cons:
- set time - because of the gel texture it does take longer to set than a more creamy formulation but i prefer that because i like to fix mistakes

pigmentation: i find this slightly less black than other pot liners but only marginally

BL: there is really no need to buy high end pot liners (which all need to be repurchased often when this is on the market)x . go high end for other stuff in your makeup bag

rated 5 of 5 on 11/13/2010 2:55:00 PM More reviews by jasminese

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

BEST EYELINER FOR THE WATERLINE. Seriously. I've tried kohl, pencils, eyeshadow, and cream, and none of them had the staying power of this. I love the little jar it comes in. And the colors are extremely pigmented. The brush is ok, I used an angled eyeliner brush instead, but it doesn't pick up as much product as the brush that's included does. I would most definitely buy this again, but I think this jar s going to last me a long time!