January 28, 2015 | 942 users online

Eyeliner - Maybelline - Eyestudio Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner (All Shades)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/24/2010 8:03:00 AM More reviews by leoisillon

I didnt' like this product. It came with a cute little brush, but I didn't use it much. I used an angled eyeliner brush. I'm just not a huge fan of most gel liners. The staying power for the waterline is not very good and I find that this smudges like crazy. It's not the blackest black I've ever seen and it dries up amazingly too quick. I would buy the Wet N Wild one over this any day. Meh.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/24/2010 3:15:00 AM More reviews by lildanic

I could never get the hang of liquid liner when it first came out, and I finally gave up. When I saw the gel eyeliner I thought it would be the same thing. On impulse I bought it because it looked much easier to use. First of all, even if you are a teen just strarting out and learning makeup, this product makes your eyes come out professional everytime! The first time I used it I thought it was too good to be true because it glides on so perfectly, in place giving me a perfect cat eye effect! It doesn't make a mess and the brush is perfect and easy to control with small hands, and you can twist the brush slightly to achieve the shape you want! Unlike a pencil, you can get perfectly right to the lash line with this product! Nothing else gets a perfect line right to your lash line like this ever! Best of all this jar may seem tiny, but a little goes a very, very long way! and OOOPS just last week I was in a rush getting ready to go out for the night and left the top off the glass lid overnight after doing my makeup and didnt realize until the next day. I thought for sure the product was ruined and dried out but amazingly it was fine. I just wouldnt make a habit of it. Im sure one single drop literally of water would probably refresh it. I expect to get at least a year out of this jar. The staying power of this liner is awesome also! I can put it on in the morning and by 5pm its still intact with an occasional touch up. The only draw back is the portability, the little jar is carried seperate from the brush so it would be kind of hard to carry in a small evening clutch or wristlet. However, I have touched up on top of it with a Kohl pencil and its fine. For a drug store brand I would say this stuff is one step above amazing! This is a must have in my makeup essentials!

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 12/23/2010 1:14:00 AM More reviews by highwayrendezvous

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Black

This is just about the best eyeliner I have used so far. I have tried many eye pencils, liquid eyeliners, and now I've become a gel-liner convert! I have never tried MAC fluidtrack or BB gel eyeliners before, so I can't do any comparisons, sadly. But this--this gem stays smudge-proof, and sweat-resistant all day! I swear! I had a test-run of this on a hot and sweltering day (I perspired a lot!) but this stays in place--no panda eyes! A very good product for a drugstore brand. Buy this if you're looking for a really good gel-eyeliner for the price of a drugstore product!

It goes on smooth, and is very pigment. I can get away with just a layer of it, and do not have to go over it again. It doesn't dry out easily, and the brush makes application a breeze. I can easily draw thin or thick lines with it. Overall, a great product! Love, love, love. Perhaps the best product from Maybelline so far (I loathe their foundations, blushes and everything else :/ )

rated 4 of 5 on 12/22/2010 8:14:00 AM More reviews by kemingj

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Black

Best eyeliner I have used so far; used to have pencil/crayon based eyeliners which are rather difficult to apply on.

This gel eyeliner is easy to apply, quick drying, does not smudge, long-lasting, almost no clumps.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/22/2010 1:57:00 AM More reviews by Hzk

I really liked this eyeliner! I bought it in blackest black. The pros are that it has a rich colour, doesn't run or smudge, although I must say that it is 85-90% waterproof, not as strictly as it states on its packet. Before using it I tested by drawing a line on the back of my hand and running a finger over it which was damp with water-the product smudge a little, and it smudged even more when I rubbed harder.

It has great lasting power though. I applied it one evening and forgot to remove it at night before going to sleep, then when I woke up it was still there along my upper lash line, which means that it stayed at least 12 hours! It's a great quality for the price. As far as the brush goes, I would use a liner brush but since they provided one I use that. Many users say that the brush is too hard or simply difficult to use, but I think that's a matter of being skillful with the brush. I can't find any cons about this eyeliner, it's amazing!

rated 2 of 5 on 12/20/2010 11:16:00 PM More reviews by darkchii33

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I had a coupon for either $1 or $2 off this product....I don't remmeber. So when I went to my walmart, I decided to try this product.

I wanted a purple one, so I bought eggplant. When I got home, I was so excited to try it. Unfortunately....it was dried as hell when I opened it. Not to mention my utter disappointment. I dont know why I didnt return this crap. Its rock hard and nasty. Now it just sits in my makeup drawer....i'll be sticking to my better quality ones from now on.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/15/2010 3:18:00 PM More reviews by changja2

I have this in both the black and eggplant colors.
I rated this based on how I feel about the black as I don't like the eggplant much at all.

The black is very creamy and extremely pigmented. It glides on smoothly. Unfortunately, it migrates and smears no matter what I do - I apply UDPP underneath, set the liner with black shadow and put setting powder on top. The end product is that I look like a raccoon after a few hours.
I've had the black pot for 7 months and it hasn't dried out yet but I keep the pot upside down - I read from some other reviewer that this helps keep it from drying out. I don't know if this truly helps or not but it can't hurt.
I will say that the brush that comes with the pot is great - it is dense, applies the gel well and it has never shed a hair on me.

The eggplant liner is another story. It is much too sheer and smears. It also dried out after a few months.

I think I'll try the Bobbi Brown gel liners next. They are double the cost of the Maybelline gel liners but what good is makeup that makes you look bad, even if it's cheap?

rated 5 of 5 on 12/12/2010 11:43:00 AM More reviews by twistupgal

Let me start off by saying that NOTHING stays on my eyelids for more than eight hours, even with a primer. Last night I fell asleep at my friend's place and woke up with my eyeliner still perfect. I'm loving this for a couple of reasons. For one thing, I hate felt tip eyeliners and pencil eyeliners. They just don't work for me. I've tried all kinds of liquid eyeliners and the most affordable one that worked for me was NYC brand. Unfortunately NYC brand flakes like a mother. Not even an hour after I'd put it on, it'd be flaking. So, I decided it was time to try gel and bought this for about 8-9 dollars. I bought mine at a grocery store on a whim, so it's probably cheaper at Walmart. The staying power is great, it's very easy to use and I've had absolutely no flaking. The brush that comes with it isn't half bad either. It looks like a small pot, but you use so little at a time that I can see it easily lasting me for months. I'm reallllly hoping it doesn't start drying out like other reviewers have mentioned. All in all, I love it!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/9/2010 9:21:00 AM More reviews by charisfoo

Bought this in brown and I love how soft the colour looks as compared to black which can look harsh on me.

Texture is really creamy and easy/foolproof to apply with the given brush.

It also did not smudge on my oily eyelids. That made me really happy as pencil liners do tend to smudge on me.

Will definitely repurchase...Cheaper as compared to mac gel liner too and works as well...

rated 5 of 5 on 12/8/2010 10:29:00 PM More reviews by amcvicker1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I purchased this product in brown. At first I was hesitant to purchase because I had the L'Oreal HIP cream eyeliner in brown and eggplant, but they dried out without a month! I have only had this product a few days and I can already tell it is my favorite gel/cream liner! The consistency is more creamier than the L'Oreal so I feel like it is easier to apply!!! I have had this liner on for 6 hours so far today and it looks just as fresh as it did when I applied it! I can use this product for both extreme looks, as well as everyday liner which is an added bonus.

I would recommend buying this at Target because it was only 7 dollars there! I have found that buying drugstore makeup is the cheapest at Target! They were also having a 10% off so mine was only $6.84 or something. What a steal for such a great quality product. Would highly recommend to ANYONE.

As a side note, I have sensistive eyes and cannot wear liquid liner because my eyelids turn red. I did not have ANY problems with this product :):):):)