July 23, 2014 | 1891 users online

Liquid - NARS - Sheer Glow Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 4/25/2010 5:22:00 PM More reviews by baybeelee

so i'd been on the hunt for a great foundation and i got samples from a couple of brands. I didn't like the drying finish of mufe hd and it broke me out. I also tried the hourglass veil foundation and it was so sticky and hard to blend. This however is awesome! It provides a medium coverage that feels lightweight, blends effortlessly and a little goes a long way! My sister commented that my face appeared to glow and that it didn't appear flakely on my cheeks which happens to me often. It cannot completely cover my dark acne marks however and is very expensive which is why i took off a lippie. It's lack of a pump does not bother me so much since i just put my finger over the opening when shaking it and then apply the product that gets stuck on my finger all over my face

rated 5 of 5 on 4/24/2010 2:00:00 PM More reviews by BabyEna

At long last, I found my HG Liquid foundation.

I have been searching the highest of mountains and lowest of pits and found something which 1. do not cake 2. melts away easily 3. within the humid in SE Asia. 4. Did not break out on me. 5. Covers my minor imperfections. 6. Did not make my nose like an oil slick even after 12 hours of work and sweat. (the rest of my face is dry). This list could go on but I shall stop for now.

I really love the Nars Sheer Glow. Its truly amazing. I have tested so many liquid fdts and everyone of them either caked on me, looks like a mask, feels heavy and uncomfortable but the NSG isn't one of those. Its extremely light and pleasant. Easy to spread on as well unlike Relvon Colorstay. I own like 7 ftd bottles at home and I find that I reach the NGS all the time.

The medium coverage is amazingly soft and makes me look airbrushed. I love that its fragance free,

The problem was Stromboli is too yellow for me. I am a mixed Asian with neutral skin tone. Will be getting Punjab once I'm at the duty-frees again. Another is that I hate the packaging of all Nars products and wishes this one comes with a pump very soon. Sometimes I over-spill them too much and I go OMG my $50 foundation T_T

My HG Foundation routine>> Studio Fix NC30 lightly brushed over Sheer Glow.

my makeup blog x www.mylittleplayhouse.wordpress.com x

rated 4 of 5 on 4/24/2010 1:29:00 PM More reviews by Sadbh123

I bought this in Light 1 which is a great match and has no pinky undertones like alot of light foundations do.
It makes my skin perfect without being heavy, and when applied with a Mac 109 it looks really flawless. My only problem with it is it dries out my skin a bit. Not an awful lot but it's still annoying. Other then that I really like it, but prefer my Armani Lasting silk.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/24/2010 7:42:00 AM More reviews by jadorecaitlyn

I use NARS sheer glow in Barcelona and it is my perfect match. The coverage is buildable, I can really build up coverage where I need it without feeling cakey. This is actually a very lightweight foundation, it hardly feels like I have anything on. The price isn't too pleasing though. It's very expensive. I find myself skipping days when I usually wouldn't, because I want to save the product. Nars could've done better with the packaging though. It's not that bad, but really, for $42 dollars you couldn't include a pump? Overall I really enjoy this foundation, but I wouldn't repurchase it because of the price and packaging, If I could find a cheap foundation pump and the price went down, I would. I don't really find it worth it to spend so much when my MAC Studio Sculpt really did the job and cost around $13 less.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/23/2010 7:24:00 PM More reviews by lala01

I bought this in Tahoe (NC42-44) which was a tad too warm for me during the winter months but I didnt hold that against this foundation. I have combo oily skin and soooo many people were saying that this foundation worked just fine for us oily girls despite being marketed towards dry skin. Anyway, I found that this melted off my face despite using diff primers and setting with MUFE HD powder. Gave a nice finish though-- sort of dewy which translated into oily for me later in the day. If you have normal skin and dont mind the price tag, give this a try.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/23/2010 12:57:00 AM More reviews by lollyberry

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Black

I got this foundation because of all the rave reviews, though I did read many others that didn't find this foundation so great. I actually am not sure where to start on this foundation. It's very thin and watery compared to the other foundations I have tried. I tip the bottle onto the back of my hand but have to be very careful so it won't run everywhere. Compared to the studio fix that I have, it's very nice as studio fix is thick and seems kind of goopy.

I use MAC 109 to apply this foundation and dot it on my face. The first time I tried to stipple but found it was useless so I just swirled it and buffed and found it blended wonderfully. It's not sheer and it doesn't really glow but it gives a decent amount of coverage depending on how much you use. I don't need a lot so mine was a little less that medium. It's kind of matte but has a little bit of glow. Best part is that it didn't rub off onto my boyfriend's clothes AND it did not leave me with little bumps on my face by the end of the day which studio fix does even though I am very thorough with removing foundation. In pictures it did not give me a white cast glow and whatnot. Actually I found that this foundation to be a perfect match for my skin. I am in MAC NC35 and studio fix is actually a bit too yellow and seems to be a tad light. But Sheer Glow was perfect (got it in Stromboli), it looked a bit yellow in the bottle but when i put it on, just perfect.

It leaves the skin looking soft (not to mention to the touch!) and flawless. But the thing is, it looks TOO flawless. My boyfriend noticed immediately that I was wearing foundation and said it was too perfect. And to be honest he was right. It did make me look very made up even though my make up routine hadn't changed except for the foundation.

Any who, I'm on the fence on whether or not to return this as it is VERY expensive ($55 CDN) and it is something I don't know if I would keep buying when I run out because again for the price. It's a very good foundation, but probably not very worth it for the steep price. There is probably something out there that will give the same everything as Sheer Glow but just not as expensive.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/22/2010 4:30:00 AM More reviews by SharonAngela89

ive been using this for about 6 months now... i bought it from mecca cosmetica (which is one of the few places that stock nars in sydney australia) and paid $100AUD for it! with a high price i was expecting high results.... and let me say that i got high results. i was previously using mac studio fix fluid and cant even remember what made me like it. this foundation is easy to apply and the finished look is lovely. i however experienced some break outs when i first used it (which i'm blessed to have nice skin that only suffers from the odd pimple here and there) but was happy with the look so i continued use - thankfully i havent experinced any break outs and i use this daily :)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/20/2010 5:02:00 PM More reviews by dapich

Let me just start by saying that I am no foundation expert and I had given up on using foundation as I felt that it always left an unnatural finish. Over the last 2 yrs I only used concealer where needed. Lately I have been feeling that my skin tone is more uneven than usual and wanted more coverage but still look like myself. Well I became obsessed in my quest and it is very difficult to match my skin tone. I have tried Chanel Teint Innocence in soft honey and walnut, MUFE HD in 153 and 173, Bobbi Brown skin in honey and golden,, Chantecaille stick in banana, Bare Escentuals matte in golden tan, Laura Mercier tinted moisturizer in caramel and NARS sheer glow in tahoe. Although NARS is not a perfect color match, it is the closest match than any other foundation I have tried. I have very golden yellow skin and NARS tahoe has enough yellow undertones to work on my skintone although it is a tad too dark, it might work even better in the summer. I liked the NARS best because it felt pretty good on my skin and so far has not caused any breakouts. It lasts all day without creating an oily mess on my combination skin. It has buildable coverage so I can wear it light or full if I dared to. Most important it gives a natural radiance not too glowy and luminous but not at all matte on me, it really creates a natural glow. I felt that MUFEHD was its competitor but to me was much more drying on my cheeks and harder to blend. Also I had a harder time finding a color match with MUFEHD. So far I really like this foundation and have stopped my search for a true HG as I don't think that exist for me and NARS will have to do for now. I also liked the Laura Mercier tinted moisturizer and bare Escentuals matte as they provided very natural coverage and may use them for a more everyday look. I will update this review if this foundation eventually disappoints me but so far it is a keeper.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/20/2010 1:36:00 PM More reviews by tripoli

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This foundation was OK. But way too expensive when you consider that many drugstore foundations are better. It covers all of my minor flaws but tends to look a bit cakey and settle into fine lines halfway though the day...also, it's not glowy at ALL! It's actually quite matte. You can definitely tell I'm wearing foundation when I have this on, as opposed to MUFE HD which has similar coverage yet looks like naturally perfect skin. Too bad, because the lightest shade (Siberia) is almost the perfect match for my ruddy yet warm toned skin (it's very pale and yellowy, not neutral as described on Sephora) and the lightest MUFE HD shade is the color of red freaking clay. I wouldn't repurchase this foundation - Surprisingly, Revlon Photoready is everything I hoped Sheer Glow would be! It's medium coverage and gives a gorgeous light from within glow, and the lightest shade is actually very pale and warm, which is so rare for drugstore foundations!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/20/2010 1:31:00 AM More reviews by dorkdujour

i really love this stuff. very buildable from sheer to heavy coverage. i've used this on someone with really bad dark acne scars & they were covered up beautifully! it lasted the whole day (long photo shoot). i have it four colors but plan on adding more to my kit.