July 28, 2014 | 1906 users online

Bronzers - BeneFit Cosmetics - HOOLA

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/30/2003 3:40:00 PM More reviews by SusanR

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The packaging of this is very cute (what drew me to it), but the cardboard isn't the most practical and the residue from the bronzer tends to get all over the inside of the box. I'm not too wild about the actual product either - I was looking for a natural, matte finish bronzer. This one is matte, but the color goes on vey muddy to me. I'm an LLL and usually don't have this problem with bronzers. It just didn't blend well on me. Not worth it for the price - MAC and EL both make much better & more natural matte bronzers.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/28/2003 11:47:00 PM More reviews by supercat12

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I was pleasantly surprised by Hoola. I am a PPP so there is no way that I will ever look like I achieved a natural tan. Hoola is a great, not too dark, non-shimmery bronzer that looks very natural when applied with a light touch (and the right brush). Sometimes I add a little Stila Tutu over it. I also have been pleased with the packaging, which has travelled surprisingly well.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/20/2003 8:52:00 AM More reviews by libuse

You do have to throw the brush away, but with a big fluffy brush, it is an absolutely fabulous product. Because it is matte it looks very natural, and it works well on the edge of the eyesocket as well. And even with daily use, it lasts forever. I'd certainly recommend it

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/2/2003 5:40:00 PM More reviews by meToo

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love that Hoola isn't shimmery! Thus, it's a very natural bronzer. It's a tan color that goes on lightly and can be layered. I have neutral undertones and it works well for me.I never understood why most bronzers have a golden shimmer. If bronzers are to be a natural look, why would they have gold dust in them? This one doesn't and it looks so natural that it gets a big thumbs up from me.I like the catchy wierd "benefitesque" design of the brush and box. I had a makeover at Macy's and took pictures later and when I saw how totally awesome the products looked in the pics, I ran back to Macy's ASAP to purchse. The MA also used the silly brush to apply some in the eye crease which draws the whole look together. continued >>

rated 4 of 5 on 6/23/2003 3:23:00 PM More reviews by meeko

Hmmm... not sure why there are so many haters of Hoola. I am thinking that maybe it works different on each type of skin tone...? Either way I think it looks wonderful on me (pale skin) but you have to be careful to use it lightly. All bronzers look tacky if you use too much. I like the fact that it is matte and not shiny. Do NOT use the brush that comes with it though.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/20/2003 2:27:00 PM More reviews by JennieRose

This is great! I did not want to buy because of the reviews but I tried it. I have to say at first, when I put it on it did look a little dirty, but I have discovered the technique to use on me and it works with any brush that I use! I like it because of its matteness. I do not like the bronzers with the shine in it, it tends look fake in pictures and in the sun. This is a definite try, if you want that tanned, 3-D, healthy look to your face (and anywhere else you dust your bronzer).

rated 3 of 5 on 6/19/2003 10:32:00 PM More reviews by bluej422

This is just an ok bronzer. It does make me look like I got some sun, but you have to be pretty careful with it or you'll come out looking sorta dirty. At firest I thought the packaging was so cute, but I always end up making such a mess with it. There's got to be a better way.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/9/2003 2:56:00 PM More reviews by asian_drag

I'm here to defend the honour of Hoola! I was skeptical about buying Hoola
after reading all the MUA reviews hating on it, but I received it as a birthday pres from my sister and I'm so glad 'cos this is a kick-ass bronzer (especially for my palish Asian skin). It is a lovely warm matte brown and looks very natural, not sparkley and tacky like so many other bronzers. Words of warning do not use too much, the brush is a little tricky so shake or blow off excess, and make sure your skin is DRY or lightly dusted with powder first.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/31/2003 4:30:00 PM More reviews by missdaisy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have been using HOOLA for a few seasons now and I love it. A mistake that I think some people may make is using the brush that it comes with. Bronzer should be applied with a nice big fluffy brush to distribute the color lightly and evenly, not the short flat nightmare of a brush BeneFit includes. I find this bronzer to be a complimenting and believable color on me, and I'm quite pale naturally. Some brushes to try if you’re not sure are NARS Bronzer Brush and La Prairie's squirrel-hair brush.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/29/2003 1:26:00 PM More reviews by kaleelance

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Although this product was recommended by Paula Beguon as a good bronzer, I thought it was horrible. It looks like dirt on the skin and even with the best brush, does not apply evenly. I would never recommend this product.