October 31, 2014 | 1592 users online

Foundations - Make Up For Ever - HD High Definition Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 5/7/2011 11:12:00 PM More reviews by Chynnac

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have been wearing this for about two weeks and I feel that's enough to write an accurate review. I was in Sephora to purchase Nars Sheer Glow when the artist recommended Make Up Forever HD. Went narrowed it down to 170 or 173 and I settled on 173, the 170 wasn't lighter just the undertones were different. The good thing about the MUFE Foundation is they have over 25 shades with all kinds of undertones so there should probably be a shade for all kinds of complexions and backgrounds. I have been a Revlon Colorstay girl forever and that has been my HG for the last two years. However OMG I have converted over. What I love the best is that it also stay like the Colorstay all day long and I set it with E.L.F. HD powder (though I am going to try the MUFE one just to see the difference) and I get a decent 12 hours out of it. The most amazing part though is it feels like light and covers well and really gives a satin finish that looks like skin. Compared to the Revlon Colorstay it just feels lighter on the face, like I don't feel like I am wearing liquid foundation, it looks like your skin!! At $40 it is a little pricey but when you think about the importance of a decent foundation in the entire routine its money well spent.

Edit 11/15/11 I like this foundation however after going alternating between this and rRevlon Colorstay I have to say I literally like the color stay better. It covers better and lasts longer than the MUFE. So at the end of the day $40 or$12 it's a no brained. But the price doesn't matter it's how it literally looks on.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/5/2011 2:02:00 PM More reviews by lupe1019

AMAZING!!! full coverage i was looking for and awesome shades definitely the best ive tried so far! yes it is a bit pricey but def worth it and the bottle will last about 4-6 months depending on how much you use it. I have very oily skin and its not really the best for oily skin but i just dab some powder over it and walla! i have acne prone skin and did not have a break out!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/5/2011 11:28:00 AM More reviews by ForestLobster

This is my number one foundation...always! Whenever I wear it, people compliment how healthy and fresh my skin looks and it's so noticeable when I don't (my skin looks blotchy and uneven and unhealthy without it). #117 is my perfect match...it is exactly the color of my skin (which is so hard to find), and the formula helps lessen the look of my huge pores, all the while not causing acne (I have combination skin), AND it doesn't melt off my face in hot temperatures. It gives me a glow, evenness, and it feels as though I'm not wearing any foundation. Never dries out my skin, nor does it make it too dewy. Simply put, it's worth every penny, and even the packaging is superb (it comes with a pump). I could not ask for more in a foundation.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/5/2011 1:04:00 AM More reviews by caitlinmarie86

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'll start with the one positive thing first - it matches my skintone like no other foundation ever has. I wear shade 110.

With that being said, it matches extremely well but doesn't cover any red-ness in my face, doesn't cover any scarring I have, and clings to my dry spots. It's crazy frustrating because this foundation is supposed to be a full coverage foundation and I feel like it doesn't help me at all! I've tried it with brushes, my fingers, sponges, and nothing seems to make this work. I've had it for a while now though so I don't feel comfortable returning it which means I'm trying to use it up, ugh. I LOVE that it comes with a pump (okay, so I like two things about it) but a pump alone cannot sway me from hating this foundation. I've tried wearing different moisturizers and primers with it and still it's a no. I'm open to suggestions on ways other people make this work for them because I do want to use it up and not waste $40.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/4/2011 10:57:00 AM More reviews by LianneN

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I like this foundationas it does look like my skin. I can't wear it however if my skin is flaky as it does highlight flaky skin. It's staying power is okay, pretty much the same as all my other high end foundations.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/3/2011 6:09:00 AM More reviews by counterlydefined

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Other

i've very dry skin but this foundation does not dry me out at all. it stays the entire day and provides full coverage. i love it.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/3/2011 12:07:00 AM More reviews by MNohreally

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

It gives decent covarage while looking natural.
Wide range of colors are available to choose from but I just haven't found the right one for me.
Also, it's a bit overpriced for what it's worth.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/2/2011 6:07:00 AM More reviews by missashleexoxo

meh... thats my best description. Yes its satin finish, yes it give a natural look, yes it lasts well and has a good colour range.. but it doesnt make my skin look great, especially for the price. Its definitely a good quality product, just not amazing as i was hoping.
I much prefer my MAC Pro Longwear Foundation, does the same thing but better. except that it can be drying.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/2/2011 1:27:00 AM More reviews by juma2011

This product didn't work for me. It was really sticky going on, and all day my skin looked really tired and greasy...I just couldn't wait to go home and wash it off. It felt gross and looked gross.

I had better luck with Bobbi Brown skin liquid foundation and Smashbox HD (fantastic)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/1/2011 9:27:00 PM More reviews by EIGNA

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this foundation. Amazing coverage w/o looking and feeling like heavy foundation. I'm NW15 and wear 115 (#2 in MUFE F&B) and it's a perfect match. Long-lasting with a satin finish, I find that my makeup holds up by the end of the day with this. I will add this can be quite drying, even on me and I have combo-oily skin, so I switch off between this and the F&B. But when I want my skin to look perfect in pictures, this is the one I go for. Will repurchase.