Make Up For Ever Mat Velvet + Matifying Foundation

3.7

Cyclopentasiloxane, Aqua (Water), Corn Starch Modified, Bis-PEG/PPG-14/14 Dimethicone, Neopentyl Glycol Diethylhexanoate, Glycerin, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Mica, Magnesium Sulfate, Sodium Chloride, Xanthan Gum, Phenoxyethanol, Aluminum Hydroxide, Propylene Carbonate, Propylparaben, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Chlorphenesin, Methylparaben, Tetrasodium EDTA, Parfum (Fragrance), Cyclohexasiloxane, Sodium Myristoyl Glutamate, Hexyl Cinnamal, Limonene, Citronellol, Geraniol, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Linalool, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone. May Contain: CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77491(Iron Oxides), CI 77492 (Iron Oxides), CI 77499 (Iron Oxides).

on 6/18/2005 5:08:00 PM

The BEST foundation i have ever used!!!! Will repurchase!!! I have combo skin and this stuff smooths on like butter. I don't smear it all over my face:just on certain spots where it's needed. I use it with Super Mat Loose Powder and my complexion is evened out. European cosmetics are the way to go if you want quality. It's expensive but worth the investment.

on 5/11/2005 9:56:00 PM

I got this foundation at a fraction of the cost on eBAY, and I actually like it. The packaging is a little weird - I would prefer a pump, but other than that it's pretty good. I have this in Amber, and I find it works better if you let it dry and then pat on a powder. It's definitely a full coverage foundation. Over all, I like it.

on 4/21/2005 2:29:00 PM

Loved it at first...loved the long-lasting matte finish it gave my skin. However, this particular foundation gave me the oilies after about 1 week of use. My skin just seemed to get oilier and oilier after each use. I would not repurchase.

on 3/31/2005 3:31:00 PM

I love this foundation. It gets pretty expensive for me because I buy the ivory beige and the light beige and mix them together to get the right shade. With a makeup sponge it blends in like a dream and you can layer for more coverage. It makes my skin look so smooth. Sometimes I mix two small drops with tinted moisturizer. Not thrilled with the spatula-like applicator though...I will keep buying this.

on 2/20/2005 6:34:00 PM

This was for me one of the worst foundations I have ever had the misfortune to try. The MA who was practising my wedding make up chose this for me as it seemed appropriate (I have very oily skin in the summer) she chose a shade that looked alright and then set it with lose powder. When I looked in the mirror I not only looked about ten years older, but was shining as though I had my face painted with vegetable oil! This may be 'oil free' but it won't necessarilly stop you looking as though you've a layer of varnish on you. The coverage was too opaque and heavy and so looked totally unnatural on me I think there are lots of sillicones in there. I couldn't wait to rush home and wash my face so that I'd look normal again, needless to say I didn't use that MA for my big day.

I am in love with this stuff. The price may seem high, but since you don't need to use a lot at a time, it lasts forever. I have very acne prone skin, and I don't have any problems with breakouts. My favorite thing about this product is that the coverage is amazing- especially for an oil free product. It has maximum coverage but doesn't look cakey. Additionally, it makes your skin look matte, but doesn't dry it out, and it doesn't bring out dryness by causing skin to flake. Amazing!

on 2/10/2005 6:54:00 PM

This foundation is like butter! I only have to use a tiny amount and it glides on my skin leaving it FLAWLESS all day long. Whether I add only a bit of mascara and some gloss or a full face of makeup this is the secret ingredient to looking picture perfect!

on 1/20/2005 2:40:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

I got a sample of this from Sephora in shade #3, since they were sold out of it. That sample lasted me at least a good two weeks wear, and I still have some left. It went on smoothly, and blended in to a natural finish--not the heavy, matte finish you might expect with the name. However, this was no miracle fdtn, since I found myself having to touch up my t-zone with powder after a couple of hours. The coverage is light to medium, but definitely buildable if you need it. I didn't buy it because I was strapped for cash, and opted for Maybelline's Dream Matte Mousse, which for now, is performing decently well. I'll keep this in my consideration set when shopping for a new fdtn.

on 11/22/2004 5:27:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I have many foundations and this is one that I rate good, okay but not fabulous or perfect. I have clear skin so I only use a little and I always apply foundaton with a foundation brush. I have an oily t-zone and don't notice that this foundation is any better than any other for controlling oil down the middle of my face. I still have to use my handy clean and clear blotting tissues after a couple of hours. This foundation does not not give me a really matte look but that may be because I am applying very little to my face since I my goal is just to even out my complexion a little. I use this foundation often but to be honest I have so many others (and there are new ones out there I am wanting to try) and because this one does not stand out in some significant way I will most likely not repurchase.

on 10/10/2004 9:21:00 PM

I just got a sephora sample of matt velvet #8 and I absolutely love it! I applied it w/my finger tips sort of patting it in. A little goes a long way. It melted right into my skin. My skin looks flawless and I love the weightless way this foundation feels. It smooths out my skin. Most every foundation I've tried (except MAC studio fix powder n3) looks cakey on my cheeks where I'm dry and oily everywhere else. This does not. I'll see how this wears in the long run. So far I'm loving it!.....Well I had to remove a lippie because I don't love it anymore-in the long run it didn't work for me-but that's why I love this site-I buy things like them for a few days and swap em.