November 26, 2014 | 1663 users online

Mascara - Lancome - Definicils Mascara

rated 4 of 5 on 11/14/2004 11:58:00 AM More reviews by Isolar

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

A recent issue of In Style magazine listed Definicils as their favorite mascara. What they didn't mention is that it really is a daytime mascara.

The consistency is nice - pretty thin, and easy to apply evenly over the lashes without sticking or clumping. And although it did make my lashes quite long, there wasn't enough thickness added to them. I saw the term 'spider legs' applied to this mascara and I would have to agree with that statement...

Great daytime mascara, but you'll need something more dramatic for the evening. And considering the price on this one, I don't think I'll be buying it again. Clinique's Naturally Glossy is another great daytime mascara for half the cost.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/12/2004 5:30:00 PM More reviews by SaucyMinx

Definicils is the perfect mascara for a natural look with defined lashes. Not for thickening at all, but just a great basic mascara.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/12/2004 10:52:00 AM More reviews by rosenfc

This product made my lashes instantly looked longer!! I will definitely buy this product again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/11/2004 6:38:00 AM More reviews by LipstickLil

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Overall, this is the best mascara I have tried. I have fair, fine eyelashes, medium length and curve, and this mascara gives me great length as well as curl and some volume. It is a rich black and does not flake or give me panda eyes AND it's very easy to remove. You do need to take care with getting the application right but apart from that I can't fault it. Oh and I haven't had any problems with it drying out - still going strong after 4 months!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/10/2004 5:16:00 PM More reviews by milkbubble

my mom always has stashes of these from the freebie bags and i love them! they go on well, stay put, and look great! to those who have problem with clumping, what you do is moisten your eyelashes with water first, not drippy wet, but wet. then apply the mascara by carefully "combing" through them. this helps reduce clumps for me a lot. it goes on thin at first, but do the same method of combing over them repeatedly to desired thickness.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/9/2004 1:52:00 AM More reviews by ylchag

GREAT mascara, i always get this in GWP's and i just love it. it's simple and clean looking, never clumps, and stays fresh for a long time (compared to drugstore brands or volumizing mascaras). gives great definition to each lash, the brush is great at combing apart lashes.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/7/2004 9:44:00 PM More reviews by MadameFabulina

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

My HG of mascaras! Got it in a sample bag at a Nordstrom's make-up fair a year ago, and have repurchased every 3 months ever since. Found out the hard way how well it works - ran into a crying jag one day and went into the bathroom to clean-up the under-eye smudges I assumed I would have and, voila! No smudges!!! So after crying and having some of oiliest skin in the free-world, I figured any price was worth its weight in gold for this lil gem!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/6/2004 1:21:00 PM More reviews by moonfairy1580

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I got this in the GWP bag, and I LOVE it. It gives my lashes the spider legs that I never thought I could get. I won't ever buy the full size, because I am cheap, but I will buy the GWP off ebay. It takes me forever to use up the GWP size anyway.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/6/2004 12:27:00 AM More reviews by AnnaRaven

I hate this stuff. It made my lashes clump up and stick together. Throughout the day bits of the mascara were flaking off into my eyes. It was awful. I would never use this stuff again.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/4/2004 10:46:00 PM More reviews by mayag

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

A Mascara with the same aspirations as Chanel's Extracils Mascara (see review): to curl, lengthen, and separate. The results of Definicils are indeed similar, but with more separation and lengthening power, and less curling. The formula, though, resembles Extracils: cream-gel. Another important feature of Definicils is the exta-long and slender wand and brush. The structure of the brush looks like Extracils, but with flatter edges (which I guess helps separate fine lashes like mine). A great everyday Mascara!