Lancome Definicils High Definition Mascara

3.7

Aqua/Water, Paraffin, Cera Alba/Beeswax, Acacia/Acacia Senegal Gum, Stearic Acid, Carnauba/Carnauba Wax, Palmitic Acid, Triethanolamine, Simethicone, Sodium Polymethacrylate, Aminomethyl Propanediol, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Panthenol, Polyquaternium-10, Imidazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, BHT. [ /- May contain: CI 77007/Ultramarines, CI 77492, CI 77499, CI 77491/Iron Oxides]

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This is a great mascara. It is your basic needs mascara, it does not clump, it does not burn your eyes, it does not cause "raccoon eye" and best of all, it comes right off when you are washing your face! This is the workhorse mascara of the Lancome line.

You know, I think some of us are on to something. I love the sample size of this--it was perfect (I prefer a separating, non-clumping, lengthening mascara--don't care too much for super-thickening formulas.) But when I bought a full-sized product, I found that it performed differently. You have to be very careful to make sure the applicator doesn't have any globs of product on it before applying, or you're sunk with three clumped-together eyelashes. It performs better, I've found, if the excess is swiped off of the wand before applying. But, really, what a pain!

on 12/31/2004 4:51:00 PM

This USED to be my FAVORITE mascara of all time...until recently. I SWEAR they changed the formula to this. I worked for Lancome and of course they deny changing anything, but I KNOW my mascara! What used to be my favorite does nothing for me now! It is supposed to lengthen and seperate lashes and all it does now is seperate, giving a spiderwebby, gooey look. yuck. Also, the price is outrageous for something they recommend you change every 3 months.

on 12/29/2004 11:44:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This is the best mascara I have ever used. I first used it borrowed from a friend (which probably isnt so heigenic i guess) when i left my maybelliene stuff at home. It's almost like combing your lashes then putting on mascara, it separates them that well. The packaging is cute too, with the little lancome flower. Probably my HG. Certain stores give the samples out left and right, so if you're lucky you can get it this way. Otherwise it's awfully expensive, but I'll buy it again.

on 12/29/2004 4:48:00 PM

I got this as a sample, not real sure about it yet, seems to be ok, kinda clumpy, will have to see how it does after awhile

on 12/23/2004 5:45:00 PM

I recieved this mascara as a GWP and I like this mascara. I would repurchase this if my old stand by ever gets discontinued (the W'n'W in a gaudy pink & white tube), I am still searching for my HG mascara. So many formulas so little time I guess. :)

on 12/23/2004 2:31:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This is the WORST mascara i have ever used - i am actually contemplating returning it to Bloomingdales because it is that bad. i clumps my lashes together and makes it look like i have 5 thin eyelashes....it doesn't even thicken them. it just is really bad, in my opinion.

on 12/22/2004 12:18:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This product has come the closest to being HG material for a mascara for me. I, too, prefer the sample size, but I think that has to do with the wand size and not the actual product. I already have long eyelashes so I basically need a mascara that defines them, holds my curl, and does NOT clump...or if it goes on gloppy (user error), it can be easily combed out. I receive more compliments when I use this mascara than any other brand. A definite repurchase!

on 12/7/2004 8:14:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

The black is not really black and while it seems to add some length it doesn't really add any volume. The texture is also kind of dry. I'm not very impressed with this mascara.

I buy this again and again. I love it ! I only use the samples sizes though. For some strange reason the larger size goes on differently then the sample.

Popular Mascaras