April 21, 2014 | 1306 users online

Mascara - Lancome - Definicils Mascara

rated 5 of 5 on 10/4/2004 3:29:00 PM More reviews by Belier

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is tho ONLY mascara that does not end up under my eyes by the end of the day. It is expensive, but I end up saving a ton of $ by not buying and trying other brands.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/2/2004 4:42:00 PM More reviews by glossgal_01

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

This is my HG mascara!! I've tried several dept/drugstore ones and I find this one is the best for my tiny, thin lashes!!

I find that it really builds them up with 2 coats and doesn't leave them brittle the way others can. It defines but gives me the extra volume I'm lacking. I usually apply 2-3 coats before it's completely dried and then I get some lashes worth noticing. I usually love to get the gwp size since it's time to toss your mascara when the little mini is just running out anyway.

I've tried the other Lancome formulas but I keep defaulting to this one as the others are either too dry a formula for me or give me a huge clumpy mess. If I can't get my hands on a Definicils, I find the next best thing for me is the Max Factor 2000 Calorie.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/29/2004 2:31:00 PM More reviews by doree_001

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Definicils has always been my favourite Lancome's mascara (and long time ago Keracils mascara). It looks very natural but lenghten the lashes nicely. Very good brush - easy to apply and doesn't clump. I just think that Lancome's mascaras dries up quite quickly.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/28/2004 4:36:00 PM More reviews by echung

I've been using this mascara for over 10 years. I love it. It makes my long lashes look longer and thicker. It doesn't smudge or clump up. It's the best! You have to try it.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/21/2004 10:22:00 PM More reviews by sana_j

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

AMazing packagine, great texture, but COMPLETELY overrated. It didn't do anything for my lashes except make them look like spider legs. I already have pretty long lashes, so this is probably the main reason why I looked so horrific after an MA used it on me. Their formulas seem to be great but there are so many other mascaras out there that work better for me at a fraction of the cost (ie anything by maybelline)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/18/2004 7:46:00 AM More reviews by KerryGold

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Grey, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I'm a brunette with dark, medium to long lashes and I get this in black. It's my tied second favourite mascara, Voluminous is the other second favourite. During the day I apply just enough Definicils to make my lashes more visible but not enough to make them a stand-out feature. When I go out in the evening I apply a very little more, but I do like a subtle mascara Ė blame puritan English streak and a family prone to saying 'What *has* she done to her face?' about anyone wearing makeup that's a tad too obvious Ė so this is ideal for me. It doesnít clump but I do have a slight problem with undereye smudging. The applicator brush is a standard design, no gimmicks, and is just the right size, just the right shape and delivers just the right amount of mascara for the effect I desire. Iíve recently begun to use the blink method of applying mascara, having read about it on the makeup board, and it gives me a great result - a sort of natural, dark, upswept but not curled, beautiful frame for the eyes. If you want your lashes to look dramatic, I know this product can deliver that as well. Itís quickly and gently removed with any good eye makeup remover product. There are other mascaras I like but I am happy to repurchase this.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/13/2004 8:04:00 PM More reviews by Scarlett_Canada

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

The only perk that I've found with this ridiculously priced mascara is that it doesn't smudge or smear on me. Besides that, who cares?

I was expecting dramatic, exaggerated and super long/thick lashes (I have long and curly lashes already so it doesn't take that much!) - but instead I got the same results as using L'Oreal Lash Out mascara.

I got talked into buying this for $27.50 CDN by the SA after she said that I would instantly see a difference. The only difference I see is in my pocket book. Bah hum bug!!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/7/2004 12:55:00 PM More reviews by JadedPlastic

Best mascara I've ever used! Makes my lashes look ultra-long and sexy, and it holds the curl after I use the eyelash curler. It's not waterproof so it's pretty easy to wash off, but I've still never had it smudge on me. Even after crying, it hardly budges.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/5/2004 4:04:00 PM More reviews by cynderella724

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I hate to add a poor rating but this mascara warrants it IMHO. This has to be the worst mascara I have ever used! It clumped my thick lashes horribly and turned my natural curl STRAIGHT out!!!

I kid you not - my naturally curly lashes went poker straight! I looked like a porcupine!

I'm glad this mascara works for some but it is most definitely a mascara I will never buy again and one I won't recommend! continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 9/4/2004 8:59:00 PM More reviews by prettygeeky

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

An absolute staple for anyone that wants a classic look. This mascara lasts and lasts, and looks great without being clumpy or tacky. *UPDATE* after trying YSL's Faux Cils and DiorShow, I can conclusively say that this is BETTER!! Next on the list to try- Shu Mascara Basic and Maybelline Full N' Soft.