September 22, 2014 | 1816 users online

Mascara - Lancome - Definicils Mascara

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/11/2004 6:38:00 AM More reviews by LipstickLil

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Overall, this is the best mascara I have tried. I have fair, fine eyelashes, medium length and curve, and this mascara gives me great length as well as curl and some volume. It is a rich black and does not flake or give me panda eyes AND it's very easy to remove. You do need to take care with getting the application right but apart from that I can't fault it. Oh and I haven't had any problems with it drying out - still going strong after 4 months!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/10/2004 5:16:00 PM More reviews by milkbubble

my mom always has stashes of these from the freebie bags and i love them! they go on well, stay put, and look great! to those who have problem with clumping, what you do is moisten your eyelashes with water first, not drippy wet, but wet. then apply the mascara by carefully "combing" through them. this helps reduce clumps for me a lot. it goes on thin at first, but do the same method of combing over them repeatedly to desired thickness.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/9/2004 1:52:00 AM More reviews by ylchag

GREAT mascara, i always get this in GWP's and i just love it. it's simple and clean looking, never clumps, and stays fresh for a long time (compared to drugstore brands or volumizing mascaras). gives great definition to each lash, the brush is great at combing apart lashes.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/7/2004 9:44:00 PM More reviews by MadameFabulina

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

My HG of mascaras! Got it in a sample bag at a Nordstrom's make-up fair a year ago, and have repurchased every 3 months ever since. Found out the hard way how well it works - ran into a crying jag one day and went into the bathroom to clean-up the under-eye smudges I assumed I would have and, voila! No smudges!!! So after crying and having some of oiliest skin in the free-world, I figured any price was worth its weight in gold for this lil gem!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/6/2004 1:21:00 PM More reviews by moonfairy1580

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I got this in the GWP bag, and I LOVE it. It gives my lashes the spider legs that I never thought I could get. I won't ever buy the full size, because I am cheap, but I will buy the GWP off ebay. It takes me forever to use up the GWP size anyway.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/6/2004 12:27:00 AM More reviews by AnnaRaven

I hate this stuff. It made my lashes clump up and stick together. Throughout the day bits of the mascara were flaking off into my eyes. It was awful. I would never use this stuff again.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/4/2004 10:46:00 PM More reviews by mayag

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

A Mascara with the same aspirations as Chanel's Extracils Mascara (see review): to curl, lengthen, and separate. The results of Definicils are indeed similar, but with more separation and lengthening power, and less curling. The formula, though, resembles Extracils: cream-gel. Another important feature of Definicils is the exta-long and slender wand and brush. The structure of the brush looks like Extracils, but with flatter edges (which I guess helps separate fine lashes like mine). A great everyday Mascara!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/3/2004 10:44:00 PM More reviews by bibliophile

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I think I wrote a good review of this product a while back, but my opinion has changed. I originally reviewed a smaller GWP size. Once I bought the full sized product, I had the same problem many others reported: after a week or two, this product gets very clumpy and dries out a bit. It no longer goes on like it once did. It also flakes after the "break in" period. I won't repurchase; at this high price, you really only get a good mascara for a short time.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/3/2004 11:30:00 AM More reviews by Journey03

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

Totally hated this mascara! It made my lashes dry and brittle and when I took it off at the end of the day, I lost about 10 of them! Total waste of money and I would not repurchase. If they use more silicone in their formula, maybe I will repurchase(wait, what am I saying? I won't! It totally sucked!)

rated 5 of 5 on 10/27/2004 3:12:00 PM More reviews by mommysteph

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is the ONLY mascara that doesn't smear under my eyes. Also goes on smoothly and not thickly. Your lashes, but fully defined and natural. The trick is to curl your lashes, then apply a thin coat so it locks in the curl. If you over-do it, you'll lose the curl.