Clinique Moisture Surge Extended Thirst Relief

3.8

INGREDIENTS: water, cyclopentasiloxane, butylene glycol, glycerin, birch bark extract, lady's thistle extract, green tea leaf extract, saccharomyces lysate extract, sucrose, aloe barbadensis leaf water, trehalose, hydroxyethyl urea, sorbitol, oleth-10, tromethamine, caffeine, hydrogenated lecithin, hydrolyzed extensin, sodium hyaluronate, tocopheryl acetate, palmitoyl olgiopeptide, caprylyl glycol, dimethicone, glyceryl polymethacrylate, peg-8, ammonium acryloyldimethyltaurate/vp copolumer, magnesuim ascorbyl phosphate, carbomer, hexylene glycol, disodium edta, phenoxyethanol, red 4 (CI 14700), yellow 5 (CI 19140) [ILN33654].

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Cool

Great moisturizer from Clinique. A total turn around from the more popular- 'Dramatically Different Moisturizer'. It's oil-free which is good for my oily/blemished skin and soaks right in leaving no film of greasiness afterwards. Thumbs up.

on 5/30/2003 8:08:00 PM

This is one of the best Clinique products that I have tried. It is a great addition to any skin care routine to add moisture back to skin that is feeling parched (particularly good for acne prone skin dehydrated from drying acne medications). It does an excellent job at hydrating the skin but not clogging the pores, which is a major challenge for oily, acne prone or combination skin types that still need hydration.
It's always a good idea to keep the skin balanced when using a lot of different products/treatments, it can be particularly drying and cause havoc on your complexion. The more you dry the surface of your skin out, the more oil it will produce, there by continuing the cycle of breakouts and excess oil production. With the proper moisture levels kept in tact, skin will be balanced and a lot calmer.
This product leaves the skin with a nice glow and performs just as well as the more expensive moisture boosters/enhancers from Skinceuticals and Cellex C. Makes your skin feel like it does when you just get out of the shower, soft, smooth and perfectly balanced.

on 5/26/2003 12:43:00 PM

I like this, but wouldn't go out of my way to buy it. It's nice and soothing when chilled. I have used it when traveling and it's been nice for my skin. Definitely a change of pace from creams. Worth a try, isn't a staple for me though.

on 5/22/2003 9:06:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Seems like mixed reviews on this product, but I have had great success with it so far (been using it for about a month or so). I have really oily skin but yet I still need a moisturizer, so this does the trick! It has really evened out my skin tone and just totally balanced out my skin. Of course I still get a bit oily (I dont think I will ever have dry skin), but it is more of that dewey look instead of the "I just ate a million french fries and wiped my hands on my face" look.

on 5/16/2003 12:43:00 AM

In a word, YUM! I LOVE the smell. It's so good, you want to eat it. And the texture is delicious. The gel is sleek and smooth and not sticky. My favourite thing, though, is the versatility of this product. If I'm feeling dehydrated from flying, I just smooge it over my whole face and feel so refreshed and energized. If my eyes are feeling crépe-like, I pile it on and use it as an eye mask. Afterwards, my eyes are moist and dewey and revitalized. I have oily/combination/sensitive skin and have NEVER had an adverse reaction from it. I don't use it every day, but it's never far from reach. My only complaint is the packaging. Why don't they put it in a pump?

on 5/13/2003 11:38:00 PM

i used clinique with great enthusiasm,but was very disappointed,just like all their other skincare stuff,this also broke me out

on 5/12/2003 6:54:00 PM

I love this gel. It's very soothing, perfect when my skin is dehydrated from travelling. It's also works great for summer time.
I also like to use it after my AHA application to soothe my skin. I haven't find anything like this from other line.

on 5/9/2003 3:33:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I want to point out I am reviewing Moisture Surge Extra for MEN,not the womens that comes in a jar. I am mentioning this because I am not sure if the product is different is texture/scent/ or what have you. So unless you know otherwise,this review is for the MENS "version".

Very simple, no frills gunmetal grey packaging, in a tube. There is no SPF, and isn't scented.
I liked this moisturizer ALOT,it wasn't greasy and sunk right in, although sometimes I felt it didn't provide enough moisture, and I had to apply more in certain areas. I have bought this 3 times, and I also like Clarin's Moisture Gel for men, but I keep coming back to this one.
A totally awesome product.
I had no problems with breakouts.

I agree with the review written by SonnySuz on 29 March 2003. Some girls seem to think that this product is to REPLACE their usual moisturiser, but in fact it is to use IN CONJUNCTION with their day and/or night cremes.

It is a treatment that hydrates the skin - but it's not a miracle cure. It isn't going to transform your extremely dry, flaky, sensitive skin into a smooth glowing complexion after ten minutes! You need to combat the really dry/flakies with a rich emollient cream and give the skin the materials with which it can help repair itself.

I have a so-called "normal" skin (oily 'T' / drier cheeks)and it sometimes becomes dehydrated (remember you can still have an oily skin that is dehydrated!) This product is great - when I notice a change in my skin, in the morning I apply this to my face and neck before anything else, leave it for about ten minutes, spritz with some Evian or Avene water, dab dry and then apply my usual nourisher and foundation, etc. Works a treat - for me!

on 4/23/2003 9:31:00 PM

When compare this to Biotherm's Aqua Source, I like this one better. I have used 3 bottles for both of them and I found that the result after using Moisture Surge Extra is more obvious. What I mean is my pore becomes smaller and my my skin looks more hydrated. However, since there is no SPF with it, I will recommand to use this as base and put some moisturizers that has SPF on top to block out the UVs!!