Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder

3.8

TALC,MAGNESIUM STEARATE, POLYETHYLENE, PETROLATUM, PHENYL TRIMETHICONE, DIMETHICONE, POLYBUTENE, ISOSTEARYL NEOPENTANOATE, ETHYLHEXYL METHOXYCINNAMATE, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, METHYLPARABEN, COCOS NUCIFERA, PARAFFINUM LIQUIDUM, PROPYLPARABEN, PARFUM, ALOE BARBADENSIS, BHT, BUTYLPHENYL METHYLPROPIONAL, BENZYL SALICYLATE, CITRONELLOL, HEXYL CINNAMAL, HYDROXYISOHEXYL 3-CYCLOHEXENE CARBOXALDEHYDE, LINALOOL, BUTYLPARABEN. [ /- MICA, CI 77891, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499, CI 77007].

on 2/9/2007 6:52:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Stay Matte Compact Powder Foundation (in the square ivory container, with puff): This has pretty good coverage, it lasts a few hours, and I don't think it makes me break out. Sometimes I think it's a bit too matte though, and I might have bought the wrong colour because it's a bit too grey/beige for me. Oh, and I dropped the container a few times and now it won't latch closed properly, but all in all, I like this powder, and I might buy it again.

on 2/2/2007 8:19:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I am reviewing the Stay Mate "Compact Powder Foundation".....It is different then the pressed powder that is in a round compact...The compact is a square ivory container. I just happen to love this foundation though. I apply it with a buki brush and I get really good coverage. And the price is reasonable.
I use this for work and ID Bare Minerials for my evenings and weekends.

on 1/26/2007 7:20:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I am trying variety of DS pressed powder (from Maybelline Fresh, Revlon Color Stay, L'Oreal True Match, Cover Girl Outlast and Tru blend, etc.). I got this Rimmel Stay Matte pressed powder in 005 Silky Beige from Wal-Mart with about $4. I purchased this because of its low price and made in England. I heard that (via Paula's book) that this is one of the best selling DS powder in England. Anyway, this color matches my Asian medium skin tone. My face is usually oily though occasionally have dry patches (feeling better after trying Alpha Hydrox Oil Free Gel - after reading good reviews here at MUA) I also purchased Stay Matte foundation but haven't tried it yet and Wal-Martís brand, Equate Beauty Lotion with SPF 15, generic version of Olay Complete, about the same price and applied underneath. I have BE Heavenly Face brush and applied this powder over the beauty lotion. They lasted about 5 hours without getting too oily. I normally use Alpha Hydrox 10% gel underneath but now, it's very cold in DC so I skipped that. I ran some errands and had to stay out over 5 hours. My face was still matted until I got back home, and pressed with a Kleenex. My face still looked fresh the whole day, without touching up. For $4, I will purchase again.

UPDATE 2/20/07: I take off one lippie because it doesn't last long enough (i.e. it disappeared so fast!) only about 3-4 hours. I prefer Revlon ColorStay pressed powder, which CVS sometimes offers with BOGO free.

INGREDIENTS: TALC, MICA, MAGNESIUM STEARATE, POLYETHYLENE, PETROLATUM, PHENYL TRIMETHICONE, DIMETHICONE, POLYBUTENE, ISOSTEARYL NEOPENTANOATE, ETHYLHEXYL METHOXYCINNAMATE, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, METHYLPARABEN, COCOS NUCIFERA (COCONUT) OIL, PARAFFINUM LIQUIDUM/MINERAL OIL/HUILE MINERALE, PROPYLPARABEN, ZINC OXIDE, PARFUM/FRAGRANCE, ALOE BARBADENSIS, POLYSORBATE 20, BHT, BUTYLPHENYL METHYLPROPIONAL, BENZYL SALICYLATE, CITRONELLOL, HEXYL CINNAMAL, HYDROXYISOHEXYL
3-CYCLOHEXENE CARBOXALDEHYDE, LINALOOL, BUTYLPARABEN [May Contain/ Peut Contenir/+/-: TITANIUM DIOXIDE (CI 77891), IRON OXIDES (CI 77491,CI 77492, CI 77499),
ULTRAMARINES (CI 77007), BISMUTH OXYCHLORIDE (CI 77163)].

on 1/20/2007 12:38:00 PM

Ladies, this is as good a product you'll find at the price. I love the fact that I can get a great oil-controlling powder for under $5. I'm very pale so the transparent shade is a staple and I use the 005 Beige shade as a contour - now that's pale! I'm able to use this in the morning prior to applying blush but not for touch-ups throughout the day as it turns very dark on me. I need to use the white blotting powder from Laura Geller for touch-ups. No, the packaging isn't the best but again, for $5? I'll take it and buy extras, too.

on 1/13/2007 5:12:00 PM

This powder did nothing for me. I would put it on and me face would look exactly the same. I guess someone could use it over foundation, but i don't use any. All i wanted was for it to make my skin look a little more matte espeically in the summer, but it did not. Too bad i like Rimmel glosses

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

I've been using it with the liquid foundation that goes with it, and I have to say, this is the better of the two. I often wear it alone if I don't need a lot of coverage ,and even then it isn't bad about covering. It does keep me matte, not for all 6 hours, but for about four. And even though the compact STINKS the product WORKS

on 11/10/2006 1:51:00 PM

I've only been using this powder a few days (Translucent shade) and I'm not too keen on it. Is it me or is this powder very difficult to apply? I use a powder brush and it seems like the brush picks up no color at all... I have to work harder at applying this powder than BE mineral foundation! Plus, the mattifying effect wears off after about 2 hours (not the promised 6). It's jut not worth the effort. I think I'll return this one.

on 10/25/2006 2:46:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This is a review for the Stay Matte foundation powder. I bought this b/c lately I have been on a powder foundation kick, and the last one I had bought by Cover Girl was a tad too light, so I was looking for something closer to my skintone. I noticed this in Target and got the shade Sand 002, and it is a better match. I don't carry this with me; I use it over my regular liquid foundation (Almay Clear Complexion in Sand) and I really like the way it "velvetizes" my complexion. The cons are that it is a really ugly compact-an off white square compact with red writing on it. Not that I'm a snob, but it just isn't something I want to pull out, and it is too big to carry with me every day. Applied with a kabuki brush every morning, though, has made a big difference and I do like it a lot.

on 10/7/2006 2:31:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Regardless of how shoddy the packaging is (not to mention lack of mirror) this is, by far, the best pressed powder I have ever used. I have combination skin and my skin tends to get extremely oily in the T-zone. When I put my make-up on in the morning and use a big fluffy blush brush to go over it with this powder, my skin literally stays oil-free for a good 6 hours. I especially love the fact that when I put this powder on that it doesn't "sit" on my skin and make me look washed out and caked in powder. I will never ever switch to another powder!

on 9/5/2006 8:16:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Finally a powder that doesn't look white or chalky. I don't look shiny by the end of the day and even though it's transparent it gives good coverage. Edit: I tried putting this on with a damp sponge/puff and it goes on so much smoother and more evenly. Itlooks more natural too.

Video Reviews & Tutorials