Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder

3.8

TALC,MAGNESIUM STEARATE, POLYETHYLENE, PETROLATUM, PHENYL TRIMETHICONE, DIMETHICONE, POLYBUTENE, ISOSTEARYL NEOPENTANOATE, ETHYLHEXYL METHOXYCINNAMATE, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, METHYLPARABEN, COCOS NUCIFERA, PARAFFINUM LIQUIDUM, PROPYLPARABEN, PARFUM, ALOE BARBADENSIS, BHT, BUTYLPHENYL METHYLPROPIONAL, BENZYL SALICYLATE, CITRONELLOL, HEXYL CINNAMAL, HYDROXYISOHEXYL 3-CYCLOHEXENE CARBOXALDEHYDE, LINALOOL, BUTYLPARABEN. [ /- MICA, CI 77891, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499, CI 77007].

on 4/29/2006 7:51:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Holy Grail. I use this in the summer when I don't want to wear foundation. For being a pressed powder, it is very finely milled when I brush over it with my cheapie drugstore powder brush. It covers my multitude of skin woes and redness wonderfully without the masky and cakey look. I doubt most powder foundations out there can beat the coverage of this. I've never had a bad reaction either, and will always buy it. Excellent quality for the rediculously cheap price tag.

I like this powder, It's perfect for mid-day touch ups or to set my make-up. It feels very silky and smooth on my skin with tends to get a bit oily. I am moderatly fair, a clinique 'neutral' in their powders and the shade 'silky beige' is good for me in the summer. My only complaint is the lid dosent always stay on. An overall great product, will definatly re-purchase when I run out.

on 1/12/2006 6:45:00 PM

I first bought this powder when I had first heard of Rimmel. I was on the hunt for a powder for a decent price that wouldn't break my bank account, and this powder looked like it might do the job. The color itself looked like it would be a very close match to my own skintone, and there seemed to be a pretty ample amount of it, so I decided that I would take a risk and buy this powder.
When I applied it to my face, it looked like I had grabbed a piece of chalk and wiped it all over my face. I did use the powder up, but I most definitely did not repurchase this product.
I my suggestion is to save your money, and buy something better!

on 12/24/2005 10:24:00 AM

I really like this, the powder is so finely milled that it almost feels creamy and the color match and coverage is pretty good. I also really love the big mirror and packaging but this has no lasting power at all. Otherwise, I love everything else about it, especially since it doesn't break me out either.

on 11/11/2005 10:50:00 AM

It's quite a good powder at its price point, but I wouldn't buy this again. I would prefer to pay more for a more finely-milled powder. I got the powder in Translucent, and it sort of just sits there on top of my skin. I also don't care for the screw top package, preferring compacts, but the large diameter of the pan is very handy for using with a powder brush. Worth it if it works for you.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

101 Porcelain:
I would give this TEN lippies if I could. It matches perfectly my skin color, which is no small feat...(very pale olive with yellow undertones).

The powder goes on very smooth, is very fine milled, not heavy or cakey, yet the coverage is medium to heavy. I watched all my skin imperfections disappear before my eyes! Recently I went to a wedding and started to sweat profusely. I patted dry my face and the rest of my make up stayed on!! Container opens easily and stays shut very well. Although I am grateful to Rimmel for including a mirror and a nice sponge applicator, I wish the compact was a tiny bit smaller. continued >>

on 10/6/2005 4:42:00 PM

I bought the color "sand 002" which is actually pretty dark/orangey. I found that my super oily skin became oily again after about an hour or two, so it actually was not that matte for my skin. However, the price is great and I like the packaging. I would probably not buy again.

on 10/2/2005 2:14:00 AM

I loved this product! It keeps my super oily skin matte for hours. I have super pale skin and no other brand has the right color in a matte powder, so this was a fantastic find.

on 9/7/2005 5:21:00 PM

Okay the packaging does stink on this stuff, but the powder itself I love. Goes on smooth and keeps the oilies away.

on 8/28/2005 3:29:00 AM

Unbelievable value for the money. Fine-milled, never chalky. You have to supply your own powder puff, but I usually end up doing that anyway since so many powders include those crappy sponge applicators. (Call me old-fashioned, but I prefer velour. Admittedly, you can't wash them like a sponge, but they're dirt cheap, so replacing them is no big deal.) Anyway, this face powder is wonderful and a terrific bargain.

Video Reviews & Tutorials