Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder

3.8

TALC,MAGNESIUM STEARATE, POLYETHYLENE, PETROLATUM, PHENYL TRIMETHICONE, DIMETHICONE, POLYBUTENE, ISOSTEARYL NEOPENTANOATE, ETHYLHEXYL METHOXYCINNAMATE, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, METHYLPARABEN, COCOS NUCIFERA, PARAFFINUM LIQUIDUM, PROPYLPARABEN, PARFUM, ALOE BARBADENSIS, BHT, BUTYLPHENYL METHYLPROPIONAL, BENZYL SALICYLATE, CITRONELLOL, HEXYL CINNAMAL, HYDROXYISOHEXYL 3-CYCLOHEXENE CARBOXALDEHYDE, LINALOOL, BUTYLPARABEN. [ /- MICA, CI 77891, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499, CI 77007].

on 10/7/2006 2:31:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Regardless of how shoddy the packaging is (not to mention lack of mirror) this is, by far, the best pressed powder I have ever used. I have combination skin and my skin tends to get extremely oily in the T-zone. When I put my make-up on in the morning and use a big fluffy blush brush to go over it with this powder, my skin literally stays oil-free for a good 6 hours. I especially love the fact that when I put this powder on that it doesn't "sit" on my skin and make me look washed out and caked in powder. I will never ever switch to another powder!

on 9/5/2006 8:16:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Finally a powder that doesn't look white or chalky. I don't look shiny by the end of the day and even though it's transparent it gives good coverage. Edit: I tried putting this on with a damp sponge/puff and it goes on so much smoother and more evenly. Itlooks more natural too.

on 8/16/2006 3:19:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

To my surprise, I started using this in the middle of summer when it's hot and humid. I have dry, mature skin, and noticed that some of the other powders I've been using have been too cakey and dry for my skin, taking the 'dew' right off my face. This works perfectly on my dry skin, leaving a no-shine, just right setting powder for my foundation. I gave it 4 lipsticks rating, only because I have to use Paula's Choice pressed powder for under my eye area, which needs more shine coverage, because I use extra moisturizer on my eye area, and the Rimmel doesn't quite get rid of that extra shine. Otherwise, I highly recommend this lightweight, super soft pressed powder to people with dry skin. I will buy again. Who cares about the cheap packaging, no one see's this but me, and it works greatly with my Paula's Choice powder brush. This pressed powder is also dirt cheap, under $4, iirc.

on 7/17/2006 11:55:00 PM

I don't use foundations or powders in general. When my skin gets oily, it gets the blotting paper, so when I picked this up, I used it to prevent smudges from smudges. It works wonderfully. I have a soft eyeshadow brush that I use specifically to gently place powder under my eye. This has prevented my under eyes from shadowing that are the result of eye shadows, liner or mascara that has moved there through the day. Wonderful trick I've picked up. This is also good for a quick dusting to prevent oilies. I've had this for about a year and I haven't even put much of a dent in it. The only downside is the container, it's too easily opened.

on 6/11/2006 11:20:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Okay, the packaging sucks (no mirror and the lid falls off easily). But what do you expect it's only $5 CDN. It is not a finely milled powder but it is still smooth and stays in place. My skin is matte for at least 5-6 hours without touch up. As for the colours- it's limited so some might not be able to fine their shade. Also, I think this powder is better applied with a brush because the puff tends to get uneven amount of powder and the face ends up having oily and matte spots. This is a good powder to try but I am not going to repurchase it just yet because I wanna try something else.

on 5/20/2006 1:40:00 AM

pressed powder information - The powder is meant to control shine for up to five hours, and give a natural matte finish while minimizing the appearance of pores. It's also been dermatologically tested.

impressions - I've been using this powder for over a month now, along with Maybelline's Shine Free liquid foundation. It does just as it claims - it controls shine for roughly five hours, and for me it's usually over that. My pores do look minimized in normal lighting. It also feels nice and doesn't tighten my skin, and the colour blends very well (I'm using 001 Transparent). However, either it or the liquid foundation I'm using causes my skin to break out in small irritation pimples. Also, this is not a powder you'd want to carry around with you in your purse - the cover does not twist on or stick well, and would most likely fall off if tipped over. You'll also want to buy a brush or puff to apply the powder - it doesn't come with anything. Still, for the price (under $5!) it's a pretty good powder. continued >>

on 5/7/2006 4:48:00 PM

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

After my Physician's Formula ran out, I didn't want to wait for it to go on sale again. I got Rimmel's decidedley un-pricey powder instead. The packaging is lame, but the product itself is worth more than it costs. It's great for setting makeup, and keeps my nose from turning oily. "Stay matte" stays true to its name and claim. It's also finely milled and provides some coverage, so I can always swipe some on if I don't quite feel the need for foundation. Highly reccomended!

on 4/29/2006 7:51:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Holy Grail. I use this in the summer when I don't want to wear foundation. For being a pressed powder, it is very finely milled when I brush over it with my cheapie drugstore powder brush. It covers my multitude of skin woes and redness wonderfully without the masky and cakey look. I doubt most powder foundations out there can beat the coverage of this. I've never had a bad reaction either, and will always buy it. Excellent quality for the rediculously cheap price tag.

I like this powder, It's perfect for mid-day touch ups or to set my make-up. It feels very silky and smooth on my skin with tends to get a bit oily. I am moderatly fair, a clinique 'neutral' in their powders and the shade 'silky beige' is good for me in the summer. My only complaint is the lid dosent always stay on. An overall great product, will definatly re-purchase when I run out.

on 1/12/2006 6:45:00 PM

I first bought this powder when I had first heard of Rimmel. I was on the hunt for a powder for a decent price that wouldn't break my bank account, and this powder looked like it might do the job. The color itself looked like it would be a very close match to my own skintone, and there seemed to be a pretty ample amount of it, so I decided that I would take a risk and buy this powder.
When I applied it to my face, it looked like I had grabbed a piece of chalk and wiped it all over my face. I did use the powder up, but I most definitely did not repurchase this product.
I my suggestion is to save your money, and buy something better!

Video Reviews & Tutorials