December 20, 2014 | 1208 users online

Pressed Powders - Rimmel - Stay Matte Pressed Powder

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/7/2004 9:07:00 PM More reviews by rock_chip

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

This is a good product, but there wasn't a shade yellow enough for me (what else is new), and I hate the fact that it's not portable. I have to keep it at home and use a brush with it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/2/2004 8:00:00 PM More reviews by LittleGnome

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

They seriously need to make this more portable if it's truly to be used as a pressed powder. I use it with a brush, like loose powder and it stays at home.

I got #4, Sandstorm, and I love it. It does a great job of controlling oil all day, and I like this color more than Jane pressed powder. If it had a better container it would be a 5, HG for sure. Super affordable too!

rated 3 of 5 on 11/28/2004 9:31:00 PM More reviews by macaroona

I bought this on a whim one day at the Shoppers Drug Mart - not pleased. The powder is like other drugstore powders I've tried; heavy, cakey and cheap looking. I ended up using it as a eyebrow highlighter/blender (for when eyeshadow looks too dark) and for that it works pretty well. That's the only reason I haven't thrown it out! Save your money and spend it on a high-end pressed powder, you won't be sorry.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/22/2004 11:43:00 AM More reviews by laureg

for a drugstore product- i am impressed. i use the "transparent" color- which is very light, and a good shade for me. this powder is excellent- the container is huge, perfect for swirling your brush around in. the powder is fine, and gives excellent coverage, without looking chalky. it keeps my face looking matte and keeps any shininess at bay for hours. it definitely rivals some of the higher end products, and i have spent loads on other high end loose and pressed powders that haven't even compared. for the price of this powder (i got this for $5 CAD when the drugstore had a 20% off sale on), it's a real winner. i would definitely repurchase. the only drawback to this product is the lid on the container, which doesn't stay put. so i just slip the container into one of those little black sephora baggies, and it does just fine.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/23/2004 12:35:00 AM More reviews by honeybearkitty

I like this - it is a good matte powder, but the packaging is terrible if you plan on carrying it with you. For less than a dollar more, try Jane pressed powder that comes in a much more portable compact.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/21/2004 11:35:00 PM More reviews by m6fntsy

I bought this product based on the reviews here and was extremely pleased with it at first, but after a few days of using it, I started getting some pimples on my face (which I have not had that often as an adult). Sometimes I have sensitive skin, so I assume I had an allergic reaction. I tried to find a list of ingredients, but it's not on the product nor are the ingredients listed on the Rimmel or Coty web site pages for this product (Coty is their parent company). So I emailed Coty to ask for the list of ingredients, telling them that I had an allergic reaction, and I have heard nothing yet from them. Customer no service and bad consumer relations. The product says on the back that it is "dermatologist tested," but it does not state non-comedogenic or non-acnegenic. So buyer beware. I saw reviews below from others that have also had pimples/bumps appear after using this. I guess you get what you pay for. I'm going back to Aveda or another powder.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/21/2004 5:24:00 PM More reviews by denise1105

I read a article in a beauty magazine that if you are oily you should use this powder with Mayabelline foundation. I have to say yes this is helping alot. I did not care for the package at all.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/8/2004 3:58:00 PM More reviews by Hedonic_Devotion

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

i am a PPP/LLL, and i am wearing this powder in '001 Ivory.' it actually looks a lot darker in the package than it does wehn it's applied, which kind of threw me for a loop initially. when i first put it on, i applied it with the sponge applicator that came with it, which was a bad idea... that didnt blend it too well. the other posters are right...it DOES need to be applied with a brush. i was surprised at the smoothness of the texture....it seems to be VERY finely milled, and, somehow, is almost creamy-feeling (even though it's oil-free and controls shine)! i put it over my aveda moisture + tint, which has taken away the greasy feel of the moisturizer (see my review for THAT). this stuff made my face matte right away, and blends REALLY well with my skin color. for the cheap-ass drugstore price, i am HIGHLY impressed, since my HG is aveda foundation powder in dual aster (obviously, i'm looking for something cheaper...). i had never even considered buying rimmel for a foundation, but it got quite a few raves on MUA, so i gave it a shot....and i'm glad i did. i'll see how it holds out the rest of the day, and i'm excited to play around with using it over different bases (such as my usual: philosophy's the present). anyway, it's definitely good stuff!! now i am excited to try other rimmel products. :) ****UPDATE**** ok, after wearing this stuff for a whole day, i'm ready to vomit. it got SOO cakey! i tried it several more times with different bases, but i don't think this is going to work out. *sigh.* this was probably not a good choice for my combination skin. i bet it would sit well with oilier girls, though. also, it smells super-funky....in a very BAD way. good luck, all!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/28/2004 8:27:00 PM More reviews by mrs_ames77

This is the only powder I use and I like it very much!! I may try the Lancome Matte powder soon tho!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/22/2004 11:41:00 PM More reviews by diachu21

.....this is a very good product, although i have purchased in a supermarket this is a very good product. Iam very surprised to say since iam a very picky "base" person but this is so far one of my staples i use in the morning. I have tried BB's press/loose, shiseido-luminese/powdery fndn etc.. and so far I cannot complain. This cost $7.00 and I have this in Transparent. I use this to set my concealer and I look very polished.

Update: I find this looks a but powdery in the morning, now i use it for the most oiliest days or in the evening to perfect the blank canvas.