Burt's Bees Lemon Butter Cuticle Cream

4.3

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

***NEW FORMULA: sweet almond oil, beeswax, lemon peel oil, cocoa seed butter, candelilla wax, tocopherol, sunflower seed oil, rosemary leaf extract, soybean oil, beta-carotene, canola oil, vegetable oil. ***ORIGINAL FORMULA: Sweet Almond Oil, Beeswax, Lemon Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate, Tocopherol Vitamin E, Cocoa Butter, Candelilla Wax, Rosemary Extract, Beta Carotene

on 11/22/2002 9:03:00 PM

Conditioned my cuticles well but once again Burt's Bees killed the product with the scent. Smells like dollar store disinfectant.

on 10/26/2002 12:36:00 AM

I originally wrote this review in 2002, and I gave it a 2 lipstick review: "This was okay. It didn't work as well as I had hoped."
Well, now in 2008, I realize the only thing that helps my cuticles is frequency. I retried this, and yes, it works lovely. But back when I originally wrote the review, I expected it to heal my cuticles for days. Now that I've tried many cuticle treatments in many different price ranges, I've realized that all of these products can work, I just was expecting to use them once a day and that would work. I wash my hands and use hand sanitizer way too much to expect this from a product. What I like about this product is that once it soaks in, it leaves no greasy residue.
2014 Edit: 12 years later, I've come to realize this is my favorite cuticle treatment. Not only does it moisturize and smooth my cuticles, gloss up my nails without being tacky, it also moisturizes and soothes those dry, flaky spots and soothes my knuckles when they get too gross and cracked from weather, yardwork, etc. There's a reason it has been around for years, and I hope it stays! continued >>

The scent of this product reminds me of lemon Fantastik, the cleaning product. Also, I find it a little too greasy for my tastes.

on 9/11/2002 5:32:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This is the first cuticle cream I've ever used and I'll never use another! It totally cured my torn and ripped cutilcles and the skin around my nails has never been softer or in better condition. I even recommend it to my friends.

UPDATE 11/2007: Still using this product faithfully after all these years, and my cuticles are saved every winter or whenever I overwash my hands (which is frequently since I love to cook and do arts and crafts). Also works well, like others have stated, as an emergency lipbalm and I have found it very soothing on small cuts. Love Burt's Bees.

on 9/11/2002 4:51:00 PM

love this a lot!! the tin is very handy and the smell is devine!!! product quality is excellent!!! highly recommend!!!

on 9/8/2002 6:39:00 PM

High ratings for this cuticle product! I first tried it when I bought the Burt's Bee's sampler pack. I've used it ever since as an overnight treat for my cuticles. Once it sinks in, this citrus smelling goodie really smoothes. (The metal tin it comes in is a keeper too!).

on 8/31/2002 8:51:00 AM

This product was just okay in my book. It kind of reminds me of the lemon pledge smell which I really don't care for. I much more prefer Philosophy's save the nails!

on 8/27/2002 3:33:00 PM

Wow, a Burt's Bees product I actually like! This smells amazing (a buttery lemon scent) and makes my cuticles feel so soft and moisturized without being greasy. Big raves!

on 8/26/2002 9:37:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This smells really nice and it left my cuticles moisturized. I need to buy some right now cause my fingers are so dry they are peeling.

on 8/25/2002 1:14:00 PM

LOVE IT!

PROS: Smells WONDERFUL. Works great after I've just removed polish, because acetone is so drying for your fingernails. Cute Package. Lots of Product. Great Price at only around $3.

CONS: There are none!

Popular Treatments