Burt's Bees Lemon Butter Cuticle Cream

4.3

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

***NEW FORMULA: sweet almond oil, beeswax, lemon peel oil, cocoa seed butter, candelilla wax, tocopherol, sunflower seed oil, rosemary leaf extract, soybean oil, beta-carotene, canola oil, vegetable oil. ***ORIGINAL FORMULA: Sweet Almond Oil, Beeswax, Lemon Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate, Tocopherol Vitamin E, Cocoa Butter, Candelilla Wax, Rosemary Extract, Beta Carotene

on 1/2/2003 10:03:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

This product is terrific! I love the lemon scent (much better than Sally Hansen Apricot cuticle cream--kinda nasty:P
I started with a sample from the Burt's Bees trial pack and will absolutely buy a bigger tin when this is gone! GREAT for the Winter months!
Highly recommended.

on 12/25/2002 3:33:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

This is a decent cuticle cream that's worth all the raves, save for the abominable packaging which I seem to fight with daily! The scent is fresh, clean and light (not sweet, like a lemon cake - closer to lemonade, I would say) and the cream itself is thick and absorbant, so that it sinks into the nail bed thoroughly and really moisturizes the area well. I'm so lazy when it comes to cuticle maintenance that I don't use it as often as I probably should, but I'm glad I have this handy.

on 12/23/2002 5:13:00 PM

I tried this stuff out at Bath and body works last night and it smells so good. It felt really good when I put it on, but my cuticles aren't even soft today. They are so hard and gross looking. The reason I gave it a 3 was because of the scent.

on 12/21/2002 9:02:00 PM

Very nice and effective!

on 12/17/2002 5:13:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Terrific product! Smells great. Only complaint is that it's hard to get the container tightly secured after the grease left on fingers.

on 12/4/2002 1:25:00 PM

Both my fiance (who bites his cuticles) and I use this religiously. It has a distinct lemony scent that I just love. It has a nice smooth consistency and the little tin is very easy to carry around. I really need this in the winter especially when everything gets so dry. LOVE IT!

on 11/30/2002 1:02:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This cream works great if you massage it in well. The smell is a nice, very fresh, lemonade scent.

I had trouble getting the tin open at times but I just put a bit of the cream around the inside edge of the lid and now have no problems.

Edited to add...here it is...April 2009 and I'm still using and loving this product!!

on 11/24/2002 6:49:00 AM

Oh, this stuff is lovely. It's addictive as well, because it smells so good I can't stop using it. Nice to keep beside the computer and absentmindedly rub it in while working or watching television. The tin is pure evil, but at least the product lasts a long time.

on 11/22/2002 9:03:00 PM

Conditioned my cuticles well but once again Burt's Bees killed the product with the scent. Smells like dollar store disinfectant.

on 10/26/2002 12:36:00 AM

I originally wrote this review in 2002, and I gave it a 2 lipstick review: "This was okay. It didn't work as well as I had hoped."
Well, now in 2008, I realize the only thing that helps my cuticles is frequency. I retried this, and yes, it works lovely. But back when I originally wrote the review, I expected it to heal my cuticles for days. Now that I've tried many cuticle treatments in many different price ranges, I've realized that all of these products can work, I just was expecting to use them once a day and that would work. I wash my hands and use hand sanitizer way too much to expect this from a product. What I like about this product is that once it soaks in, it leaves no greasy residue.
2014 Edit: 12 years later, I've come to realize this is my favorite cuticle treatment. Not only does it moisturize and smooth my cuticles, gloss up my nails without being tacky, it also moisturizes and soothes those dry, flaky spots and soothes my knuckles when they get too gross and cracked from weather, yardwork, etc. There's a reason it has been around for years, and I hope it stays! continued >>

Popular Treatments