Maybelline Dream Fresh 8-in-1 BB Cream

3.2

aqua/water, ethylhexyl palmitate, glycerin, octyldecanol, silica, pentylene glycol, octyldodecyl xyloside, phenoxyethanol, sodium acrylate/sodium acryloyldimethone taurate copolymer, hydrogenated lecithin, isohexadecane, hydroxyethyl, acrylate/ sodium acryloyldimethyl taurate, copolymer, peg - 30, diplohydroxystearate, sodium dehydroacetate, pentaerythrityl tetra-di-t-butyl, hydroxyhydrocinnamate, caprylyl glycol, disodium edta, citirc acid, polysorbate 80, potassium sorbate, propylene glycol, methylisothiazolinone, chamonolla retcuitta extract/matricaria flower extract, aloe barbadensis extract, aloe barbadensis leaf extract, may contain c177891/titanium dioxide, c177491, c177492, c177499/iron oxides

on 8/29/2012 6:54:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Nice product. I bought this in medium and it gives a nice even finish. When first applied it feels quite sticky but that goes away when it's dried. Does not cover up any blemishes etc but works well if used with a good concealer. It has a fresh/gel like feel and also has SPF 30 so all in all, pretty pleased with it. :)

on 8/28/2012 5:42:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

This is a really good tinted moisturizer or BB cream and good bang for the buck. It does not give super coverage but it does enhance the appearance and good for use on days when I do not have a lot of time to wast. It is not oily, does not irritate or clog my skin and adding a powder on top gives a nice finish. It also works well with concealer.

I am very happy I picked this up in my shade (deep) while on vacation in the US this year as in Europe it only come in 1 shade Apricot which is the US medium I think and appears ashy on dark skin. Same as the reviewer below, I also have to say thanks to Maybelline for creating a drugstore BB cream for women of color - and a very good one at that. The shade deep is very well blended/thought-out and can be used on a huge spectrum of different skin shades.

on 8/27/2012 6:39:00 PM

So, I had tried the Boscia BB cream over the winter and really liked it. But I was trying to save some dollars, and decided to give this one a try for the summer.

Overall, I was very pleased. It's not heavy, and left my skin looking pretty even overall (I have rosacea, freckles, and large pores), which was nice, particulary in the humid summer weather. I don't know that it "improved" my skin, but it felt nice and I was pretty happy with it. I think it is definitely OK, but I'm not 100% sure I would go out of my way to buy it. I think I'd like to try some others before making a final decision.

on 8/27/2012 5:48:00 PM

After hearing such great things about bb creams, i decided to go ahead and try the maybelline one. First of all, i have very pale skin, so even the lightest shade was too dark for me. It made me look kind of orange, so i wouldnt recomend this if you have pale skin. Secondly, it doesnt really do what it claims to do. After i put it on, my skin basically looks the same. I got it mainly to even out my skin tone, but it doesnt even do that. It is very sheer, so if your looking for any coverage this probably isnt going to work for you.

on 8/27/2012 4:31:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I've gone through 3 tubes of this, I really like it! I have pretty good skin to begin with, but this evens it out and makes it look really smooth. I always set it with a powder, because it's a little too shiny on it's own for my liking. The lightest shade matches my skin perfectly. I love that it has SPF 30 as I am fair and burn easily. Like it says on the package, it's a "light sheer tint", so I wouldn't recommend it to anyone who needs coverage, but for people who just want something to enhance their natural skin, this works great!

on 8/27/2012 3:09:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

Pros:
SPF 30
Natural/Dewy finish
Easy to apply
Light-weight
0% oil
Natural glow
Lasts for a pretty long time

Cons:
Tends to get very oily in humid/hot weather
Wish it had more skin benefits like the Asian BB creams.

I really like this product. It's very easy to apply and gives a natural coverage; if you're looking for a medium to full coverage, I suggest you look elsewhere. The color variation is pretty good, but it tends to get very oily throughout the day in humid/hot weather. I also wish this was more like the Asian BB creams, who have many skin benefits. All in all this is basically a tinted moisturizer with added coverage.

on 8/27/2012 9:02:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

UPDATE: Totally broke me out. Strange large hive-like red bumps that would take half a week to settle down. Stopped using it, stopped happening. Sigh. Downgraded to a 3, because it did seem to be a lovely product. I'll miss it.

Yeah, even though this is my first BB, I have to say I'm rather impressed. The coverage is extremely sheer, but it is a really nice complete effect and holds blush well. Even though I'm more olive toned than the colour I bought, it still blended in to my satisfaction. Lasted all day, too. Didn't get dry or greasy, very moisturizing, though oil free. Feels cooling and gel-like, and as a plus it was double-safety-sealed. SPF 30? Brilliant. And didn't break me out.

Bought at Shoppers Drug Mart on sale for 9.99.

Overall, this BB cream is a good investment for someone looking for very sheer coverage and something that has SPF in it. In the summertime, BB creams are perfect! Too bad I just discovered this one now. I usually will apply this over my primer then go in with my Revlon Colorstay Foundation since I need that extra coverage on my cheeks. It works very well at layering under a foundation, and does not get cakey. The consistency is super cooling and almost gel like? It does not feel like a foundation when you apply it, it feels more like a moisturizer or sunscreen. If you are looking for a lightweight coverage for your skin and you don't have too many problematic areas, I would recommend you try this. Even if you do have some trouble areas, try putting this on first and going over your stubborn areas with a foundation or concealer..you might just like the results! I know I do.

I got this about a week ago and have used it everyday since. I love that it comes in wide variety of shades. That said the coverage is much sheerer than the garnier bb cream and its much shiner. I've found that I have to let it dry for about 10 minutes then put on a translucent powder and then I have to keep it with me as I need to reapply once or twice throughout the day. I wouldn't recommend this product to anyone with oily skin or acne prone skin, but if you have dry or normal skin this can work wonders for you. I definitely notice a difference in the brightness of my complexion but I have some very small red patches and this does not cover them. I give it 4 out of 5 because its just a little bit too sheer.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is my first BB cream and so far I am loving it! I have the shade light-medium and although it does not provide too much coverage, I find it evens out my skin tone and reduces the look of my freckles. I do use a powder afterward to set it but overall it moisturizes my skin well and feels light on my skin so it is a perfect substitute for foundation! <3