November 23, 2014 | 1067 users online

BB Cream - Maybelline - Dream Fresh 8-in-1 BB Cream

rated 2 of 5 on 8/4/2012 5:50:00 AM More reviews by vintagy

I had high hopes for this product, but unfortunately I find it way too sheer for my liking. When I put it on, it looks exactly the same as before. I have to use a lot of product and blending to build it to a light coverage. However, the shade light-medium matches my summer skin perfectly (but would be too dark for my winter skin), and I like that its moisturizing and has a SPF 30 (though I've heard the titanium oxide content is not enough to warrant a SPF 30 label), but whats the point of using this if it looks like I just put regular moisturizer on? I don't have huge issues with acne or anything, I just like something to even out my skin tone but it doesn't do even that for me.. it might be too early to say too much since I've only used it once but those are my initial impressions. Will try it out and give it a second chance, but will definitely not be repurchasing. I will go back to my Too Faced BB cream.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/2/2012 6:14:00 PM More reviews by babyblue59

I am obsessed with this stuff! This is the first bb cream I have ever tried and, although I realize it is not a "true" bb cream, I really love it. It makes my skin look fresh, healthy, glowy, radiant... all that good stuff. And it looks like SKIN.. not makeup, which I love. It is very sheer so I would not recommend this for people that have alot they want to cover but if you're like me, and you want to even out your skin tone while looking natural, this bb cream is amazing! I like to put a thin layer of my Bare Minerals Original foundation over this because my skin is a bit on the oily side and this lasts pretty well all day.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/2/2012 5:00:00 PM More reviews by prncss

I paid $8 for this so the price is relatively cheap for a BB cream, since the Garnier version is around $15. I use shade medium deep for my NC 35 tanned asian skin. The medium deep is a warm yellow-toned color which is a great color match if you are in that range of tones because it blends really well. I have normal combination skin but I have to be careful applying this because it easily makes my skin look oily. I don't mind the dewey look but other people commented that I have oily skin when I wear this. I use this like a tinted moisturizer and rub a dime size amount between my fingers before applying it lightly with the ends of my fingers on my face (just like I were applying a lotion). The lasting power is great and lasts me until the evening.

This has medium coverage which I love because I can skip concealer and this fixes skin discoloration around my nose and eyes. As others have said, this feels more like a tinted moisturizer than a bb cream. I suspect this may be clogging my pores though because I have developed tiny bumps since using this. In summary, this is easy and quick to apply for days when you do not have time to spare for makeup application. However, this does not replace regular cream/liquid foundation for me because of the oily finish.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 8/2/2012 12:35:00 PM More reviews by crf

For this price, this product is amazing. It's a primer, sunscreen, moisturizer, and it's tinted. It can be the only thing you use on your face. If have aging from the sun that requires coverage, then just this product alone will not work. I love the price. I am not willing to pay the outrageous costs for fancier brands that have basically the same basic ingredients.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 8/2/2012 12:41:00 AM More reviews by BlueEyedChik

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

So far so great, I just purchased this BB cream, I have really light, dry skin ... So i got the light one, I put it on and wow, I couldn't even tell I had makeup on and i couldn't feel it either, I like it so far, I don't know if it will cause me to break out or anything, If it does, I shall update this review and tell ya!

EDIT: Okay, So i found a L'Oreal BB cream, It works way better than this one, Doesn't make me shiny, Covers a little better than the maybelline... I'm not saying the maybelline is a bad BB cream, I just happen to like the L'Oreal one better (;

rated 3 of 5 on 8/2/2012 12:29:00 AM More reviews by ylang_two

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Was excited to try this once it hit my local drugstores. I picked up a tube of medium/deep and gave it several tries. My opinion :

Color: very good shade range for all of us non milky- fair, and more tan and olive types. Big props to Maybelline for putting tester vials on the display! Easy availability.

Effect: very greasy feel. I quickly learned to apply it without moisturizer, as I'm dry to normal. The product still made my face feel oily and shiny, even after dusting it with loose powder to set. Oily & shiny, plus summer high humidity that makes me perspire like crazy, did not make for a happy camper!

Verdict : It left me feeling and looking like a shiny greaseball. Will not repurchase. Dream Fresh was a bust for me, and I returned it as soon as my Korean samples arrived.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/1/2012 6:27:00 PM More reviews by Kblongshore

I was very dissapointed. Thought this correct/perfect my un-even skintone.... definitely did not. It sets SUPER dewey.. and by the end of the day Im so greasy it looks like I put crisco on my face. It also broke me out to heck and back... And it didnt even cover ANYTHING! tried the loreal kind and was much happyer but if your looking to even skintone and have good coverage, the clinique even better foundation is the way to go. The only good thing I have to say about this is the high spf.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/1/2012 4:41:00 PM More reviews by beautyaddict96

I was at Kicks and I saw this. After reading a lot of reviews on here, I was intrigued, and of course, I tried it. I have porcelain skin, and I have trouble finding products light enough for my skin tone. At first, I thought no way. It's way too dark and orange. I tried it on anyway, and I love it!
If you want/need a lot of coverage, skip this bb cream. It's very thin and watery, so the coverage is very sheer. It is not extremely moisturizing, which is fine for my combination skin, but I would recommend something heavier for those with dry skin.
It does not require a lot of blending, and it goes on very smoothly. I literally forgot I was wearing any makeup, and I looked in the mirror, and I was like Ohmygod, I look so good! Then I remembered I had put this on, and I knew I had found an HG product.
My t zone did get a bit oily later on, so a light dusting of powder on the oily parts of your face would be a good idea. It looks so dewy and natural and gorgeous. Just like my skin but better. My skin looked rosy, fresh, wide awake, bright, and even. My redness was concealed, and it even lightens under eye circles. And it has some SPF too! I can't wait to buy the full size! :D

rated 5 of 5 on 7/31/2012 7:54:00 PM More reviews by lreiley

When the buzz began about BB creams, I ordered several samples of Korean creams from Ebay. Even after ordering the deepest colors available, all were far to light. Maybelline's medium/deep bb cream evens out my summer complexion and adds a wonderful glow. I'll be stocking up.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/31/2012 1:45:00 PM More reviews by ermahgerdmahkerperler

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Grey

Absolutely not a BB cream, but a really good tinted moisturizer! I actually really like it, even though it didn't live up to my expectations as a BB cream, it evened my skin tone read nice, had a good consistency (wasn't oily nor watery) and made my skin just look nice.
That being said, it STINKS! It smells like rotten olives (others have said pet food, and I can understand) and it comes in a TINY bottle. I also found that I needed a fair bit of product to get the nice skin I was aiming for.
So although I liked this "BB cream", I wouldn't by it again because I know there is better stuff out there!