July 28, 2014 | 1628 users online

BB Cream - Maybelline - Dream Fresh 8-in-1 BB Cream

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/21/2012 9:27:00 PM More reviews by ashleydutta

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This product has a lot of pros, which I'll describe below, but the main problem is it doesn't actually DO much of anything. It doesn't provide any coverage at all. I put it on half of my face, and I couldn't tell that half of the face looked any better than the side with nothing on it...
Also ladies, don't listen to this "SPF 30" claim. It has 1% of titanium dioxide. That's right, ONE percent! That will not measure up to SPF 30 - I'm not sure how they are calculating that. It will provide almost no UVA protection, so it is not broad spectrum.
On to the actual "pros" of the prodcut:
- The lightest shade blends perfectly into my yellow NC 15 to 20 skin tone. It looks orange coming out of the tube, but it doesn't look pink or orange on the skin.
- It does not oxidize/turn orange after it's on - it stays the same color.
- It doesn't get oily or puddly up in pores.
-It doesn't streak - I went to a Zumba class, and even after that, I didn't have white streaks of foundation when I rubbed my face.
-It's very light weight and feels good on the skin.

I will not be repurchasing - I'd like at least a tad of coverage, or why would I bother to put it on? I will repurchase Laura Mercier's TM next time...

8 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 7/21/2012 8:28:00 PM More reviews by kstone1964

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

as my friend said, this is not a Japanese product that will fade dark spots, etc. I think Maybelline repackaged its tinted moisturizer and got on the BB marketing train.
It's an ounce so I'll use it up pretty fast. The silver lining is spf 30. Other than that I feel like I got duped by the BB craze.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 7/21/2012 11:59:00 AM More reviews by rikiya

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've never tried a western BB cream before so when I saw this being promoted in Walmart I bought it right away. I picked up the lightest shade on sale.

I wouldn't call this a tinted moisturizer, since after I blended everything any colour/coverage it offered was completely sheered out. I also wouldn't call this a good sunscreen replacement as it doesn't say it offers broad spectrum protection or anything. Plus, titanium dioxide is possibly carcinogenic in humans.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/19/2012 10:32:00 PM More reviews by BluePlanet36

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

A great lightweight summer foundation that doesn't feel like foundation, which is must during the hottest summer of my life. It's been so hot I have really scaled back on my makeup this summer bit this gives me the right amount of coverage to even out my ruddiness and give a dewey glow.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/19/2012 1:37:00 PM More reviews by dcabc

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Out of all the BBs I've tried, this works the best for me, hands down. Here's what it does well:
-Makes my skin smooth and dewy and non oily
-Diffuses pores, so I've been able to skip primer
-Nice consistency - not thin like a TM, but not overly thick like some of the Asian BBs I've tried
-No breakouts or skin aggravants. In fact, my bare skin has looked better since I've been using this
-It doesn't melt off of my face in the heat or go patchy on my chin (most liquid and powder foundations do this on me)
-Application is uncomplicated - I can smooth/rub it onto my face like a moisturizer and it applies evenly. (I especially love this - brushes/blenders/sponges are great, but it's also nice to not have to bother)
-Good color match - I'm NC/NW15 and light is perfect. It does not oxidize on my skin.
-Cheap!
It really does look like my skin but better.
My only minor gripes are that it's been hard to find in stores (I ordered mine from target.com) and the tube is small, so I'll be going through this fairly quickly. Overall this stuff is great.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/19/2012 12:29:00 PM More reviews by Sue_raisin

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Having gotten used to the superior quality of Bobbie Brown TM and BE mineral foundations, I wasn't expecting much from this when I bought it to wear on holiday.
It's a great value product that I even find myself using day-to-day.
It's got great texture, with very light coverage (I apply one layer, let it set for 1 minute and apply another layer for slightly thicker coverage), feels nice on (doesn't feel pore-clogging) and gives a lovely blemish-blurring effect. Another thing - it makes a GREAT primer for your mineral foundation as well. The colour medium is very forgiving on my NC35-40 skin. Keeps the oilies at bay and overall a very good product and well priced for the quality.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/19/2012 8:42:00 AM More reviews by rosarita

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I wanted an "all in one" type of product for summer and this is my favorite one that I've tried. The Asian BB creams seem to have better coverage but I haven't found one that's dark enough. I am using the Maybelline in medium. For my very dry skin, I still need another moisturizer underneath. Love that the sunscreen is included, doesn't feel heavy and that this is light enough to wear all over my face. I wear a mineral pressed powder over this for a little extra coverage. I agree that this is perfect for summer but may not provide enough moisture for my skin in winter. I think the Maybelline is a good value too, esp when you consider the cost of separate sunscreen.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/19/2012 7:36:00 AM More reviews by reilly

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

All
Just to start I have tried everything on the market practically. Ad people must love me because I always jump on the latest and greatest.

That being said my skin is very reactive and nothing ever seems to work, espcially foundations. I am light with yellow undertones so nothing matches. Additionally either it is too drying, oily, etc.
A lot of the BB creams are that mousse consistancy which always look dry on me. This one is so great! Smooth, my skin looks great.

As for color I was torn between light-med and medium. I got some color so I hesitantly went with Med (which normally I would be nowhere near). It looks great. Blends right in.
2 big thumbs up.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/18/2012 2:21:00 PM More reviews by BeautyEssentials

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

To be honest, I wasn't all that excited when the American cosmetics brands started coming out with BB creams. Most of them are just tinted moisturizers with a little more coverage. But with the Maybelline Dream Fresh BB, I really feel like I'm getting the benefits of an Asian BB cream. It provides a very light coverage, but still hides minor imperfections. It leaves my skin feeling like I'm not wearing any makeup but still leaves my face looking flawless. If I were to compare it to a foundation, I would probably compare it to Chanel's Vita Lumiere Aqua, but at a fifth of the price. Definitely recommend this product.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/18/2012 1:56:00 AM More reviews by Jessie93

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have the lightest color, and it's a little too orange for me, but once you blend it out it's not as bad and covers nicely. Wouldn't repurchase though.