January 25, 2015 | 1609 users online

Crème - Revlon - ColorStay Whipped Creme Makeup

rated 4 of 5 on 6/30/2012 9:27:00 PM More reviews by Lori54

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

well i went for it. i've not had a drugstore foundation work for me ever before but what the heck. more $ ones i have tried are EL, Studio Gear, Cargo, and I've had samples of all the others, lancome, clinique, etc etc . I've been using MAC Prolongwear for i guess about 2 years. mostly happy with it but figured if i could find a less $ one that would be great.
anyway, I've worn it for 4 days straight, to work, everywhere i normally go. i REALLY like it! it looks just as good, no,* better* than the mac i was using. actually I felt a little more greasy with mac. this goes on nice, (I personally use my ecotools retractable kabuki to blend it, just like i did w/the mac) it feels much nicer, lighter, satiny instead of greasy. . covers well, i'd say medium to full, i have a lot of pigmentation and i'm happy with the coverage. i haven't gotten oily, I've put it on at 7am and left it on til bedtime and it looked the same. it hasn't oxidized, I haven't broken out, crossing my fingers i don't. and i don't find it hard to remove. i use walmart exfoliating wipes and noxema and i'm good. i don't love the jar but i don't really care either way. i don't take it with me so it's not a problem.
i'd really give it a 4/12 if i could, a 5 for me would be whatever makes me flawless looking which i don't expect to find.
P.S. not long ago tried the Revlon Photoready Airbrush mousse stuff, & HATED it. so was surprised by this one. :)

rated 3 of 5 on 6/30/2012 2:37:00 PM More reviews by alohahawaii

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I tried it and just can't quite put a finger on it. I really prefer powder foundations and the Neutrogena Mineral Sheers really does wonders for my complexion so, I think I will stick to that. This felt really sticky throughout my entire work day and couldn't wait to come home and wash my face. Perhaps it's because I have dry skin and moisturize like crazy? This just sat there. Even the original Colorstay would sit on my face. I wish I would have saved the receipt cause I would take it back.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/30/2012 11:12:00 AM More reviews by rockangel04

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This product really intrigued me, I ended up hating the regular revlon color stay because of it's cakey mess it made. I thought this might be a better alternative. Well it wasn't as made as the other version but it also didn't knock my sock off.

Coverage-medium, what really bothers my is on my skin it manages to mask all the good skin but not do anyting to cover some redness from acne/acne scars (the orginal RCS did this on me as well)

Finish- Satin like finish but left me looking dull

Blendability- Very easy to blend. Can use a sponge, brush, or fingers and it blends fine any way

Packaging-While it looks nice and classy I find it to be a big waste of glass, traveling with this would be a pain because it's heavy and could crack if dropped or luggage was handled carelessly. If they wanted a jar package I would have opted for a plastic.

How long does it wear? On me 24 hours would have never made it. I get about 5 hours out of it before it starts to breakdown and look terrible.

I wanted it to work but it was a no go for me. For reference right now i'm around an NC 20-25 and used the color sand beige. My face has a lot of pink and redness to it and my body is very warm. There wasn't quite enough yellow is this shade to neutralize the redness.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/30/2012 10:38:00 AM More reviews by SHeust

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

What I look for in foundation: light, natural looking coverage; won't irritate my sensitive-combination skin; long wearing; easy to apply.

Revlon describes this as "decadent" on their website, and they're right. The consistency of this foundation is unlike any other I've ever tried. Liquid but not, this whipped creme feels very rich. This works with all the areas on my face fine, not highlighting dry spots and not becoming shiny in the oily areas.

I agree with the other reviewers that determining a color match from the jars is tough, but since I wear Vanilla in Photoready, which is the next step up from Ivory, I figured I would wear Buff in this. Perfect match. I would describe the shade as neutral in tone - I'm warm, and while it doesn't necessarily lean warm, it's definitely not cool or pink either. Does not oxidize or turn orange - color stays true.

The foundation blends in easily and seamlessly, leaving my skin looking very even. The coverage is on the fuller side of the foundation spectrum, definitely beyond medium and is also buildable, without being highly obvious. If you use too much, it can become cakey - but that's a problem with any foundation. I still need concealer for blemishes but not for under the eye when using this. The finish is matte/satin which is wonderful because many products like this finish dewy, which I hate. It somehow manages to looks fresh most of the day.

As far as lasting power, this lasts 10+ hours still looking as good as it did in the morning. No wearing off issues whatsoever, even during hot summer days. No fading, smearing, melting - nothing. It stays beautiful all day and into the night. No touch-ups required - seriously. Tested its claims to stand up to heat/humidity by wearing through a hot outdoor baby shower and a humid actual shower and it didn't melt or smear. Their 24 hour claim is probably BS, but I don't wear makeup for 24 hours at a time anyway!

I do not set with powder personally, but I do wear a powder bronzer on top. Word to the wise, this will soak up the bronzer a bit since it doesn't "dry" completely, so I've had to use a lighter touch with my bronzer.

I gave a 3 for price not because it is pricey generally, but because it is pricey for Revlon at $13.99. However, it is well worth it, and with Ulta coupons and sales I'm sure it can be purchased at a discount. I don't mind the jar packaging at all - it looks elegant and feels solid - and you get a ton of product which is great.

I apply with my fingers. A sponge would probably soak up too much product and I'm personally not that deft with brushes.

Foundation washes off easily with cleanser and water.

This never did cause me to break out but it did feel quite suffocating on my face after awhile. I think I'm just not used to such thick/full coverage. It would cause my skin to itch or have pale red patches if I wore it too long, also. I think it was just too heavy for my preferences AND my sensitive skin. I discontinued using it, but those who like fuller coverage may really like it.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/30/2012 10:05:00 AM More reviews by Margie23a

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is another reason that I LOVE CVS's return policy. I used this foundation for several days, but could not justify $14 for a foundation that just does not cut it. Overall, I liked the packaging (as long as your fingers are clean!), the color was perfect (Buff - I have used the other Color Stay before and already knew which shade worked for me), and my face felt dewey and fresh. The downside is it is extremely sheer -- I have used tinted moisturizers that provided more coverage. The only reason I tried this foundation was to see if it was more moisturizing than the regular Color Stay (which I love, but it dries out my skin.)

rated 5 of 5 on 6/29/2012 10:24:00 PM More reviews by Rozanna64

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Just bought this foundation and I love it! I just finished my chanel perfection lumier foundation which I loved also but I didn't love the $54 price tag. I was on a mission to find something just as good on a budget. I am amazed how perfect the color matched my skin tone. I have to say its a better match then the chanel the SA matched me with. This Whipped foundation reminds me do the $85 capture totale foundation and the Laura mercier $54 whipped foundation I have sampled. You won't be disappointed.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/29/2012 1:35:00 PM More reviews by joy2uandme

I can see how some folks love this but this was not great for my mature normal combo skin. At first I could see only good things as I stippled on with a flat top brush. I got medium coverage with very little product.

I tried 2 colors sand beige and warm golden on my warm toned LLL skin tone (probably NC 30 right now) and I liked warm golden better.

But after a couple of hours I didn't like how this made my complexion look so dull and flat. The foundation had settled in my wrinkles and seemed to emphasize them and on top of that seemed to feel rubbery and rather weird on my skin, not heavy just synthetic. That feeling didn't go away.

In addition I found the color darkened a little as well but the foundation was tenacious and was still there at 10 pm when I cleansed. But I did have some breakouts after a couple of wears.

I will say if you are looking for a cream to powder light wear with medium to full coverage to try the L'oreal cream version new in the jar. I think it is better suited to more mature complexions and feels near weightless for humid summer days. Also contains an SPF. You can see my review of it.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/28/2012 4:06:00 PM More reviews by Missyboo1287

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

WOW I love this stuff!!! I am usually a Revlon Colorstay user in normal/dry skin. The only thing I don't like about that foundation is that it settles in the lines of my face. the area around my mouth is slightly darker than the rest of my face and I am been searching for a foundation that makes my skin one even color and this is it. I love the creamy consistency of this makeup and you really don't need much at all per use. I made the mistake of dipping my finger in twice the first time I used it and It was way too much. I think it's expensive, but if it works I am willing to pay for it with coupons/deals. I think it is much better than the regular CS foundation and it lasts all day. Would definitely recommend. A+
Please don't discontinue Revlon!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/28/2012 1:07:00 PM More reviews by scta0000

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

In my young adult years, I never found the need to wear foundation and make-up as a whole (aside from lipstick), but as I age, my skin has become discolored and I decided to try this out. I saw a review on YouTube recently from someone I admire from afar and she raved about this, so I gave it a whirl.

This is by far the best drugstore foundation I have tried - hands down. I do not like the feeling and look of having a lot of make-up on, but want to keep the t-zone mainly shine-free. This does the trick perfectly. I was also worried about breaking out as my skin is senstitive and no breakouts thus far. The consistency is light, blending is efortless, and the longevity of this is amazing. Usually you put on make-up indoors and when you step outside, you look totally different. Not so with this foundation. What you see is what you get. It's buildable, but I found only one pass looks best.

My only gripe is the packaging. A little goes a long way for me, but this could've been packaged in a pump for ease of use and hygenic reasons. It takes up so much space in my drawer. But, overall, GREAT buy and I would def. recommend. I purchased the Nude at Wal-Greens as they are having a BOGO 1/2 off right now.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/27/2012 11:01:00 PM More reviews by roaker

I can see how this product got great reviews. It does make your skin look matte. Which I know us oily girls love that. This product it is just okay. I picked up Sand Beige. It did match my NC-25 skin. It made my skin look dull though. Not bragging, but my skin has always been really good. My cheeks are always clear. As soon as this product delivered the big zit I had on my cheek this morning. I said "where is that receipt." Yes it definately went back to the store today. So I will stick with my mixing of Sand Beige and Buff in oily/combination Colorstay. Don't know why I try other stuff. That combo works great on my skin.