Revlon ColorStay Whipped Creme Makeup

3.9

Dimethicone, Isodecyl Neopentanoate, Water, Isododecane, PEG/PPG-19/19 Dimethicone, Trisiloxane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, C13-16 Isoparaffin, Adipic Acid/Neopentyl Glycol Crosspolymer, Boron Nitride, Dimethicone/Bis-Isobutyl PPG-20 Crosspolymer, C10-13 Isoparaffin, Glycerin, Salicylic Acid, Tocopherol, Lactobacillus/Eriodictyon Californicum Ferment Extract, Cymbidium Grandiflorum (Orchid) Flower Extract, Lilium Candidum Bulb Extract, Malva Sylvestris (Mallow) Extract, Sodium Hyaluronate, Silk Powder, Alumina, Polyisobutene, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Dimethicone/Silsesquioxane Copolymer, Cyclodextrin, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Silica, Methicone, Sodium Chloride, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Propylene Carbonate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Silica Silylate, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Tetrasodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, 1,2-Hexanediol --- MAY CONTAIN (CI 77019/Mica, CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide, CI 77491/CI 77492/CI 77499/Iron Oxide, CI 77947/Zinc Oxide)

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

My HG foundation!!! I love love love this foundation! It's not a mousse or cream, it's like a pudding consistency. It goes on super smooth and stays on all day. It's a medium coverage foundation but definitely buildable without looking cakey. It's not oily at all, it's actually has a matte finish. I myself don't use liquid foundation at all because most of the time it shows lines and flaky skin :( and I've tried so many different ones they still don't look good on my skin. It is in a small package but only a little bit goes a long way. But this whipped foundation saved my life I would totally recommend this!

Update*** Wow this stuff is amazing.. Even the hottest days out I don't need to blot my face... I have oily t-zones and the times that I don't use this foundation my face looks so oily after one hour not even exposing to the sun. Will up date again to see if this product breaks me out or not.

I've been using Colorstay liquid for Oily/Combination for years, and would have loved something with a nicer finish for my aging skin. I can't use the Normal formula in the liquid because the Buff color is too dark (yes, there is a difference in color between the two formulations). Unfortunately due to the packaging of the Whipped Creme makeup you can't see what color it is and the Buff shade was the darker shade. I tried it out anyway and was rather disappointed. It certainly doesn't have the staying power of the liquid and it transfers to your sunglasses, phone, etc. Won't be using and certainly won't buy again.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Despite the price and packaging, I LOVE THIS FOUNDATION. I usually can never find the right foundation at the drugstore because I am fair with neutral undertones, and they all oxidize on me. I got this in the color Buff, and it's PERFECT. It looks really natural on me, and lasts a super long time. I nanny and i am outside alot and I get home after working from 9 to 7:30 and it is still on and looks great. HG STATUS, knowing this, it will probably be discontinued! I will probably stock up before i leave for college so I don't have to worry about it!

You definitely need a powder over it though so it doesn't slide around, but once you set it, it doesn't move.

on 7/2/2012 8:43:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I think I may have finally found my HG foundation!! And I am so surprised it was from a drugstore foundation. I got this because so many people on YouTube were raving about it and I really wasn't disappointed. This stuff is amazing. I wore it today to try it out without a primer to see how long the makeup really stayed on and I was so surprised. I had it on a full 8 hours with it barely diminishing at all. I was also out in the sun running errands and I live in Texas so it was plenty hot. I am sure it would be even better with my primer. The consistency is really amazing feeling. It goes on feeling really thick which I didn't like but finishes into a silky smooth barely there feeling. It really felt like I just had mineral powder on. It covered up my acne scars really well without concealer. I can't say enough about it. The packaging is a little clunky, but other than that...I am in love.

on 7/2/2012 2:27:00 PM

So I was dying to buy this foundation after hearing so many great things about it. The packaging sucks, its a huge container with a small amount of project. I tried out this foundation using a foundation brush once, a stippling brush, and my fingers. All three ways, it sucked. It provided almost NO coverage and caked like no other. Its a gross texture, not light or whipped at all. It smells HORRIBLE as well. I wouldn't reccomend it to anyone.

on 7/2/2012 10:36:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I bought this foundation after reading many great reviews. I am always on a search for a great foundation. So I bought it and to my surprise I absoultly love it!!!! It goes on so easy with my beauty blender. Does not look cakey and really last thru my 12hr work days. I have very oily skin and it keeps the oil at bay.I usually use ELDW and this even beats that out. I will repurchase this and continue to use it.

I LOVE THIS FOUNDATION SO MUCH.
I have oily skin and I don't even needs to set this with a powder. I don't even use primer anymore either and it still lasts a good 10-12 hours! IT'S AMAZING. new holy grailll. i apply it with my fingers.
It's a semi matte finish and is creamy and soft when applied.
im nw 25 and wear natural beige. the coverage is medium but really buildable. its really natural and looks like skin!
AHH LOVE THIS

on 7/1/2012 8:22:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

Very pigmented product so a little goes a very long way. I use Nude in the regular colorstay so I assumed Nude would work for this as well... turns out I was wrong. This one for some reason leans pink so it looks really bad on me. The first time I used it, it seemed like it did well to control my oily skin but that was the first and only time it did that because everytime I've used it since it does nothing. That coupled with the fact that I realized it looks very pink on me it's no bueno in my book.

on 7/1/2012 8:17:00 PM

Day 2 of using this.and I really hope it doesn't cause problems because I love it! Used it with tarte's newest poreless primer, and worked very well.. I actually ran 2 miles in this, and then had an allergic reaction to something I ate (I was hysterical), but on the up side.. my face still looked pretty damn awesome! Normally my foundation is melting off my face when I run. Then, I tried it without primer/powder, result was not as great, but still pretty amazing (stuck to drier patches/settled a bit)..buildable coverage= less concealer. This product is also paraben free, which is great, because I'm allergic. Crossing my fingers, because I'm loving this stuff!

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

I bought this yesterday morning so I cannot tell yall about how this wears on skin during the week, but I did put this puppy to the test yesterday by going swimming in it! I'm going to give you a run down of the application and wear and then I will compare to the original Colorstay.
I scooped up a little bit of product with a makeup applicator q-tip so that I would not contaminate the jar, and dotted this on my cheeks, my nose, my chin, my forehead, and my neck. I blended it out using a dense foundation brush (Tarte) and then set with a tiny bit of translucent powder (although I put a very thin layer it still felt too dewy and slightly sticky). I was absolutely thrilled with the fact that I didn't need that much product at all and that it was easy to blend, my face looked very natural but my imperfections were covered up beautifully. When I was doing my eye makeup I noticed that some oil was coming through my nose and I was very disappointed (I always prime my nose with the porefessional) I decided it would be a good idea to apply some more product and spread it out on my nose with my fingers. I topped this off with more powder and this really did the trick! I did not have oil the rest of the day :) I suppose it just needs one layer, powder, another layer, and then more powder for my super oily nose. I went swimming with this on and I expected it to be a mess on my face or be non-existent after my swim...nope...it was still there! It didn't transfer to anything and my skin even looked perfect after my hot shower! It was only until I was washing my face after my shower that the stuff came off. I'm very very pleased with the wear of this foundation and the fact that it endured so much.
I love this much more than any other foundation i've tried, be it high end or drugstore, and I prefer it over the original colorstay. The original colorstay made me look fake...in a really bad way...my skin did not look like skin at all and there was no way to sheer out the product for a more natural finish. Colorstay liquid dried too fast, and the bottle was hard to use...I had to pour it onto the back of my hand to use it and it got everywhere. I bought this new product in the shade Nude, my original colorstay is in the shade darker (natural beige) and these are about the same shade...except the nude is much more neutral undertone which goes perfectly with my skin! I did a flash test with these side by side...the original colorstay has a ghastly white cast to it, this revamped formula does not. I'm loving the improvements made to this product! I love the jar of this new colorstay, its not an issue for me to scoop out product, it's so luxe and i can get the exact perfect amount of product out very easily. I love pretty much everything about the wear and finish of this new colorstay, it has a satin finish but you can apply powder to make it more matte if you wish. I will update if anything strange happens to my skin.