Revlon ColorStay Whipped Crème Makeup

3.9

Dimethicone, Isodecyl Neopentanoate, Water, Isododecane, PEG/PPG-19/19 Dimethicone, Trisiloxane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, C13-16 Isoparaffin, Adipic Acid/Neopentyl Glycol Crosspolymer, Boron Nitride, Dimethicone/Bis-Isobutyl PPG-20 Crosspolymer, C10-13 Isoparaffin, Glycerin, Salicylic Acid, Tocopherol, Lactobacillus/Eriodictyon Californicum Ferment Extract, Cymbidium Grandiflorum (Orchid) Flower Extract, Lilium Candidum Bulb Extract, Malva Sylvestris (Mallow) Extract, Sodium Hyaluronate, Silk Powder, Alumina, Polyisobutene, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Dimethicone/Silsesquioxane Copolymer, Cyclodextrin, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Silica, Methicone, Sodium Chloride, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Propylene Carbonate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Silica Silylate, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Tetrasodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, 1,2-Hexanediol --- MAY CONTAIN (CI 77019/Mica, CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide, CI 77491/CI 77492/CI 77499/Iron Oxide, CI 77947/Zinc Oxide)

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Not many items provoke a necessity to write a review but I couldn't help myself concerning this foundation. I will probably be purchasing this for quite some time to come

Coverage: in my experience, it offers a medium coverage that is definitely build-able. HOWEVER, I am not aware of how much coverage I require but I don't believe it is a lot. My skin doesn't require much to even the tone- I use MAC's Fortified Skin Enhancer as foundation on good days if that gives you any reference for how much coverage I actually need. So I find the coverage of this product to be perfect for a more "done up look"

Texture/Consistency: I'm a fan. It blends well on my skin and the color I use, Buff, matches me almost perfectly, (NC15 - 20 depending on the product). Staying power is amazing- again I have relatively well behaved skin when it comes to consistency, not super oily and not super dry, except in the winter months which I have yet to deal with this product in cold weather. But as far as humid heated atmospheres it holds it's own on my face.

CONS: I only gave this product 4 lippies because of three things- one yes is the packaging. My skin although well behaved and clear, will react on a moments notice to the smallest of irritants. Having jar packaging, even though I'm the only one using it, in doors, it is still susceptible to contaminants that could create a negative reaction. I once had atopic derm on my eye lids from hair spray landing on my eyeshadow. Yes Yes I know "Just keep your products sealed before doing your hair" which is common sense, but life happens, some times you're in a hurry, forget, etc. The variables are many in number so Don't care for the jar.

No SPF. I'm OCD about the sun. I wear sunscreen just for the drive from home to work... seriously. No SPF requires me to apply more products to my face. This isn't a HUGE down fall though so it's not so much as a con/complaints as it is something that would make this stuff the total package.

My last qualm here and THIS IS WEIRD, I know... I have worn the product several times so I know it's the foundation, but as I go about my day and the foundation settles into my skin and begins to, um, I don't know- migrate??- I get the nastiest metallic taste in my mouth. I know- weird. so pretty much I just have to be careful to avoid placing this too close to my mouth. (And no I'm not applying it directly to my lips or upper lip or anything)

on 7/11/2012 9:33:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I tried this from two samples I obtained at a store. It is thick and dry but does not offer much coverage unless applied heavily. It did conceal pores well. It reminds me of the old Pan Stick in a non-stick form. It might be fine for some skin but not for me. Also, I am concerned about its high level of dimethicone and my acne-prone skin.

on 7/11/2012 8:26:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

My biggest complaint with this foundation is the shade selection. I'm an NC25 with a yellow undertone. I referenced the reviews here and decided 200 Sand Beige would be the best match. It is decent...and after reading the reviews, I don't think I'll get a better match until they add more shades. I'm hoping they do, because Sand Beige does not have enough of a yellow tone. It has a neutral, kind of ashy undertone. It's about the right intensity: a little bit light, but I'm sure that Warm Golden would be too dark for me. If you're not quite NC30 with warm undertones, there is no great match. And it's quite hard to find a shade anyway due to the thickness of the container.

Speaking of which, I think the packaging looks nice. And actually, while it's much less sanitary than a pump, I prefer the jar to a bottle without a pump because you have control in measuring out the amount of product you need. Just use a spatula, a cotton swab or a flat foundation brush that you use only to transfer the product. Then just blend with your hands or brush of choice. The only thing I dislike is that it's really not portable, so if I were staying away from home I would bring along a different foundation.

The formula itself is really nice. It feels creamy and satin-y. The coverage is medium, not too light but not full either. It gives an air brushed look but I did need to use a little bit of concealer. The finish is matte but not as cakey as the Colorstay formula, which never really worked for me. This made it through a hot 10 hour day with just a minimal amount of shine. I should note that I have combination/oily skin and I used Studio Fix powder but no primer. Overall, I'm pleased with it, but the truth is that I probably won't repurchase unless they expand the shade selection.

on 7/11/2012 7:32:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love this ! Only used it twice but it honestly is a really good foundation. For some reason revlon tends to have really dull color payoff but as the hours pass and if you do your makeup correctly then it will look perfect. The coverage is amazing. Not to fond of the packaging though. The scent isnt too harsh but it doesnt bother me. i have not tried it for 24 hours so i'm not sure if thats true. I have extremelly oil skin and when i set this it gives me a nice dewy glow after about 8 hours which is fine in my opinion cause my makeup looks gorgeous. i love it and i will repurchase ! it is not for the summer though i do not reccomend it because foundation in the summer just isn't really nice looking. WAY BETTER THEN OLD COLORSTAY. old colorstay is like a damn mask and it absorbs your oil to make you look moldey and clay like. it doesnt even blend well. this beats colorstay foundation 100%%

on 7/10/2012 11:45:00 PM

I wasn't a fan of the original Colorstay liquid foundation. It just didn't work for my skin type. I even tried the dry/normal formula. But after seeing a few reviews and raves on YouTube, I decided to try it out. I LOVE it!! It's perfect for my everyday wear to work. I, unlike most people, do not have an issue with the bulky packaging. In fact, I think it looks really nice on my makeup counter. I just don't takeut with me anywhere. The only thing I don't like is that this foundation dries to a powder finish on my skin. I usually go for a Dewey look but with my combo skin the matte doesn't look too bad. I will repurchase.

on 7/10/2012 1:35:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Love this foundation, this is my new favorite foundation and I have been using it NON STOP on days I wear makeup for at least two weeks. I have dry/combo skin and it looks great! I am in the color Warm Golden and I'm so happy I found a perfect match for my skin (it's sooo hard to find your shade, the glass jar mutes out the color on all of them!) I apply with my fingers, just wash your hands before and you should be good. It goes on so smooth and beautifully. You have plenty of time to blend. I am bringing this foundation to me on my trip to vegas because it holds well in warm weather and lasts very long!

on 7/10/2012 11:54:00 AM

I bought this in Sand Biege and it looked like it was made for my skin! The color is a perfect match. I like how it goes on; it's light and feels nice on my skin. However, it has little staying power. As soon as I blew my nose, the makeup was gone. I'm not one to re-apply throughout the day so this won't work for me...I'm returning it today!

on 7/10/2012 2:08:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I finally found something that matched my odd skin tone! I'm Warm Gold. This looks flawless on (in the beginning at least), and I've worn this without a primer, and it still doesn't get oily! (note I have barely oily skin to begin with) My only complaint is that it doesn't cover up my acne as much as I'd like and it's a little pricey for drug store, and even though it holds up oil well, it tends to look cakey by the end of the day.

on 7/10/2012 1:13:00 AM

I have combo\sensitive skin and this foundation works great for me. I have the 2nd lightest shade (buff) which is perfect for my fair yellow toned skin. This foundation is a thick whipped consistancy and it takes very little product for my entire face. I find that placing small dots around my face, then blending with a flexible flat top brush works best for me as I do not like using my hands. It is a medium coverage foundation that covers redness and acne marks very well while feeling quite light almost the same feeling as after putting on a primer. It blends beautifullly with ease and doesn't set into pores or fine lines. I have worn this with\without a setting powder and it actually lasts both ways which is impressive. I tend to set it lightly with a translucent powder most days. I live in an area that is rather humid, do not blot or mess with my makeup throughout the day, have an oily t-zone and I've had 0 issues with my face melting off and absolutely no
transfer: again impressive! This has quickly become my go to foundation. I am unsure if this will work for me in the winter as my skin gets pretty dry and I have to moisturize really well before using it now but this is an essential for summer.

on 7/10/2012 12:42:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

[For reference: I am an NC30-NC 35 in MAC and I use Warm Golden 320 in Revlon ColorStay Whipped]
I've always failed when it came to finding the perfect foundation because my oily skin would just completely wreak it mid day. It would end up either looking really cakey or just completely disintegrated into thin air. Lately, I've only relied on BB creams; even though it was never enough coverage for my hyper-pigmented skin. It was about a month ago that I stumbled on this product at CVS, but never gave it a chance until I saw a crop of reviews flooding blogs and youtube. I just always assumed creme makeup meant an oil spill on my already greasy face, so I just skimmed by it. I am so damn glad I decided to give this a chance after obsessive research! This is a freaking miracle in a jar. I've only been using this for a week and have not broken out from it, in fact I think the break outs I had were healed by it because of the salicylic acid it contains. The feel of this is like dense whipped velvet and I get the best coverage (not to mention fuss free) using just my fingers. I sometimes use primer and loose powder to set this, but it really is fine all by itself and that's coming from the largest oil producer the world has ever seen. With traditional foundations and BB creams, I usually have to blot by 2PM. With Revlon's creme foundation, I never have to worry about it slipping and sliding. I am so conditioned to think I would need a touch-up that my routine 2PM checkup leaves me in awe. I guess I just have to get used to looking like I have flawless skin, this includes my pores looking smaller as well! No more blotting for me. As for the packaging; it makes perfect sense. The product is too dense to come out of a pump, tube, or bottle. It has to be in a jar; as unhygienic as it seems, just clean your hands before dipping in. I do have to admit- space could've been used more efficiently as there is an excess of glass used at the bottom to portray more product. Look Revlon, it's OK you don't have to fool us, we love the product too much to care about quantity. Just please don't discontinue! Anyway sorry for the ramble...this is an HG product for this grease ball of a gal.
**I noticed the amount of reviewers bummed about the product not having SPF. When I read the ingredients I noticed 2 mineral sunblocks, Titanium Dioxide and Zinc Oxide. These were listed as the last ingredients so they're in low concentration. I'm gonna bet this is at least an SPF 4 or even an SPF 6. Even so put a sunblock underneath as a base. I use an SPF 45 from the brand Missha and I LOVE it; perfect for oily skin.