September 16, 2014 | 2127 users online

Crème - Revlon - ColorStay Whipped Creme Makeup

rated 5 of 5 on 6/20/2012 12:02:00 PM More reviews by Beautlfy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This foundation is gorgeous. Its a mousse-like, creamy foundation. Unlike Maybelline dream smooth cream foundation - this foundation is not solid. It is a bit of a wet formulation inside its glass jar - (which is very high quality and heavy) It covers and blends like a dream - and I have went a few days without powdering overtop of it - and IT STAYED FOR HOURS. Longer than ANY cream foundation I've ever tried even without setting it with a powder (And i've tried many cream foundations because I have dry skin.) This foundation is dependable in humidity! However I HAVE worn it for 24 hours and It did not last that long. But still, i'd buy it again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/19/2012 10:53:00 PM More reviews by Wendy1954

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I purchased this based on reviews here. I picked the 200 shade as another fair-medium person did but I thought it was just a bit too dark. Spreading of this product is good with either a flat brush or fingers. I used a stippling brush once and it picked up way too much product. You might be better to use that kind of brush if the product is dabbed on face and then use for spreading. The coverage is light-medium and definitely stays tacky for about 30 minutes. You can pat on a bit of powder to tone down some shine as well. Personally I would still give this product another shot with another shade lighter that I can blend with this one.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/19/2012 7:54:00 PM More reviews by Darya155

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

At first, I really wasn’t entirely sure how to feel about this foundation. I tried applying it first with a Real Techniques buffing brush and it just didn’t seem to spread the foundation around as much as I’d hoped. Tried it with fingers, but I tend to hate using my hands for foundation (just preference for me) but it seems to glide on extremely well with fingers. Tried it with a beauty blender type sponge and it just didn’t wow me like most beauty-blender-foundation-applications do (I basically use the beauty blender for foundations that are hard to blend out and are on the drier side). It wasn’t amazing with this foundation though either. Finally, I tried my F82 round top by Sigma and it seemed to buff the foundation in just right but it made the coverage a bit more sheer than the other methods.

This gets 4 lippies from me purely for its superb staying power on my very oily skin. I apply it and let it sit for a little then set it all over with a powder. I noticed that the powder you put over it really seems to alter the appearance of the foundation though—some powders are just not as compatible with this foundation as others so you really have to be more careful if you normally like to pile on the powder like I do on top of the foundation and find one that looks more natural overtop of this. My go-to powder made this foundation actually look dry and accentuated weird drier spots on my face which was no good. Overall, I’d say with this only powder the most oily areas (forehead, nose, chin for me) and lightly dust some over the non-oily areas as if you cake on the powder, it tends to look heavy and dry (which is strange for my oily skin). These two cons about application and its sometimes unnatural look on the skin are why I gave it only 4 lippies.

The foundation seems to hold back the oils extremely well for me and that is the main reason I like it. I find it applies in a satiny finish and doesn’t really matte down on its own but I powder over all foundations, so it doesn’t matter to me. It still leaves you with a foundationy feel on the skin, but it’s much more comfortable than the original Colorstay and this one I can bear much more easily. The color Buff 150 in my opinion is almost identical to the liquid Buff 150 version—yellow undertone and pale. I would not say the coverage on this is full but rather medium to medium full. I can build it up to cover blemishes usually but I wouldn’t say this has MORE coverage than the liquid CS. I’d say this has less but this may be due to the different texture and method of application I need to use for this foundation vs. the liquid Colorstay.

I had debated returning this foundation simply because I felt it didn’t live up to the claims of full, matte, long-lasting coverage here on makeupalley, but I guess I’ll keep it for when I need a long lasting foundation on hot summer days. I still prefer my Almay TLC foundation in Buff to this however as it feels and looks more natural on the skin and keeps the oil back just as well. This isn’t holy grail material for me, but because of its lasting power, it certainly is likeable.

I love the jar packaging as you will be able to get 100% of the product out of the container and this is especially important since you only get 0.8 oz in this vs. the regular 1 oz. I just dip my brush or fingers into the product directly to get it out and onto my face—no reason this is unhygienic as long as your hands are clean. Overall, it’s ok but unless I find a more amazing way to apply this to get the full coverage and natural look everyone else seems to get form it, I would not buy this again.

Edit: I had used it a few more times and finally decided how I feel about it. I must say that my experiences are somewhat inconsistent with many other's so maybe I got some off batch or something but... After having moisturized my very oily skin, I went to apply this foundation with my F82 (what I thought was the best method as stated before) and it just did not want to sit on the skin very naturally. It looked and felt like I was wearing a heavy base of makeup and on top of that, all of the dry patches (which aren't even that dry on my oily skin) were accentuated immensely. This was the most disappointing part. The foundation just seems very dry in texture to me. Also, I noticed this before but fully experienced it the last time I used this foundation: it isn't very easy to apply and blend in a concealer of a different texture (i.e. not the same texture as the whipped creme foundation) overtop of the foundation--the two just don't seem to blend and harmonize very nicely. It ends up taking the foundation off underneath and just looking very odd around the edges of the concealer which I apply with my fingers or pat on with a brush. My last problem with it was the fact it didn't seem to fully settle and meld into the skin until quite some time later after powdering and after my oils had started to come through and "soften" up the look a bit. This is about 30 mins after I apply the foundation that it begins to even look less like foundation and more like skin. The foundationy-chemical smell that this has is also much more off-putting to me than the regular Colorstay scent or most other foundation scents for that matter. I am not usually bothered by scents but I just notice this one a lot more when applying it. So that is my final verdict. I returned this foundation and have no desire to try it again. I would say definitely try this one as it's quite unique and definitely something interesting to try but keep the receipt just in case.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/19/2012 3:53:00 PM More reviews by axialmeow

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Overall I like this. I initially purchased it in the color Buff. It's the same color I wore in the original Colorstay and the shade is pretty similar.
But it's summer here and I've been outside and my skin is too dark for that shade now so I got it in the color Nude.
I love how this feels going on. Sooooo smooth and creamy and it does feel whipped.
I have super, super oily skin. I mean like I am blotting less than an hour after applying my makeup. It's always been like this and it sucks.
This makeup is AMAZING at oil control. I didn't blot for over 6 hrs the other day!
But there are some cons. One being that it feels like foundation whipped with silicone primer. It feels nice going on, yes. But it also feels like it never dries. Thanks to my sparse, thin brows I have to use eyebrow pencil and it just slips and slides on this foundation. It also causes it to smear off easily. But I set it with powder and that helps. Another con is the large, heavy jar. It looks nice but it terrible for traveling. But no paint smell like the original Colorstay so that's nice. I also think that it feels alot lighter on the skin. I love full coverage foundations and this is one. I wasn't a fan of the original. I felt like it broke me out. This has never broken me out and I have fallen asleep with it on numerous times.
I definately recommend giving this a try. Good luck finding a color match because you can't see the shade in the jar. I just had to guess by looking at the colors of the orignal makeup. It's not identical but close.

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/19/2012 3:14:00 PM More reviews by makeupdivajunkie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I normally don't write reviews unless I am absolutely AMAZED by a product. I have worn mineral makeup for years and have been increasingly unhappy with the way it would accentuate my pores and fine lines making me look older. Not good being that I will be 35 this year. I have very dry spots on my face as well and use Cereve creme to control the dryness so having dry skin resulted in my mineral foundation looking even more cakey. I decided to give the new Colorstay Creme a try even though I was not too impressed by the original Colorstay foundation though it seems to have a cult following. I initially purchased this foundation in Ivory being that I am pale as a ghost and usually tend to be drawn to the palest shade of foundation line. But later decided to try a shade darker because ivory was a bit chalky looking on me. I purchased the next shade darker which is Buff. The shade was a perfect match. I use a the F80 flat top brush from Sigma. The brush provides perfect control when applying this foundation giving an excellent even application which results in the appearance of being airbrushed. The foundation itself has excellent pigmentation and covers my rosy, rosacea laden cheeks perfectly. I sometimes apply just a big more on the days my face is rosier than normal. The lasting power of this foundation is outstanding. I have not tested the 24 hour claim because I am very meticulous about removing my makeup every night. However seeing this foundation look the SAME from morning until bedtime which is around 12 hours of wear for me has me betting the claims are right on target. I would highly recommend those who tried and disliked original colorstay to give this foundation a shot. I can almost guarantee you will be as impressed as I am. I do recommend that those with dry skin be sure your skin is well moisturized before application to insure your coverage is as smooth and flawless as possible.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/19/2012 2:21:00 PM More reviews by blacklikemyheart

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is an initial review from only purchase and first application:

My jar was full, unlike other reports. And I found the product pleasant to handle with a nice whipped consistency, rather than creamy. Not as whipped as other "mousse" foundations, but definitely whipped and not a cream. This applied very smoothly, and with a light easy consistency. I found with Colorstay regular I needed a brush to really blend the corners and around my nose. This blended quite easily with clean fingers. Medium coverage, buildable. Although the packaging is criticized for being too heaby for travel, I think it's fine. It's not ten pounds FFS, and the plastic liner makes product mess pretty fool proof.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/19/2012 2:01:00 PM More reviews by TrainedDreamer

I don't know if this is going to be my ultimate, holy grail, go-to foundation. But I can tell you with certainty this is one of the best foundations I've ever used, regardless of it's minor cons.

PROS:

If you hated Revlon's Colorstay Liquid, don't lose all faith in Colorstay Whipped Creme. I had horrible cystic acne break outs with the liquid formula & assumed I'd hate this. HOWEVER, the whipped creme formula is completely different!

Revlon Colorstay Whipped Creme fndt doesn't break me out. When I wash my face at night it isn't left red & irritated. My pores haven't been clogged by this foundation, either.

My skintone is NC10 in MAC terms, or more commonly known as ALBINO with a warm undertone! Revlon does not make a shade that matches me. Ivory would be close in terms of lightness, but the pink undertone makes me look sick. So I chose Buff. Buff would be perfect for anyone NC15 - 20. As it is light with a yellow undertone. Still...it's too dark for me. My solution to this dilemma is I mix in some pure white MAC Face & Body fndt to lighten it. No big deal. I always have to do this as no cosmetic company has yet to make a shade matching me. So no...I do not look at this as a con. I'm just glad there's a light shade available with a warm undertone whatsoever.

The coverage is AMAZING. I can hide even the most obvious blemishes. Revlon Colorstay in the liquid formula never looked natural on me, nor have any of the other full coverage foundations I've tried. But with this, I look fresh faced...not cakey nor unnatural. My face is left as a bare canvas. :)

The best part is - Colorstay Whipped Creme fndt controls my oily skin better than anything else! I have extremely oily skin & on top of that I live in the hot, humid, state of Texas. Usually I have to blot my skin once an hour. But with this whipped creme formula - I didn't have to blot nor touch up for 11 hours! WOW!

I typically stay the HELL AWAY from mousse & creme fndts as they tend to be greasy & sit on top of my skin. This fndt however, melted into my skin & blended in right away. It's like a thick liquid that turns into a powder. You probably won't need to set it with powder unless the make up you use on top (blush, ect) clashes or you have super oily skin like me.

I paid $15 after tax at Walgreens. The packaging is nice & seems to have a Chanel vibe. However it sucks that the container has so much glass where there could be more product! Hehe.

CONS:

Now for the bad parts. Contrary to what I first assumed due to this being a ''mousse/creme"...if you have dry skin...I wouldn't recommend this foundation to you. It's done a great job at keeping my oily skin matte, & I think it'd be too drying for someone with drier skin. I did have dry skin around my mouth for a few days thanks to an acne medication, & this stuff magnified every piece of flaking skin.

The only other con I can think of is I've yet to find a way to use this without my under-eye lines creasing. I'm currently only 21, so yeah...that's not cute.

---------------------

All in all this is definitely going to be my foundation allllll summer long. I'll update if I decide it's my ultimate HG.

15 out of 15 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/19/2012 1:09:00 PM More reviews by LotusEater13

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is without a doubt the best foundation I have ever used, and believe me, I've tried them all. I like this so much more than Lancome or Chanel's foundation, and this costs only a minimal amount compared to the supposedly high end brands.

I'd been wanting to try this for awhile, so when the drugstore had a BOGO sale, I just had to get it. While selecting a shade proved difficult, I ended up going with 150 Buff, which matches my cool toned, very pale skin extremely well. I used it over a Revlon primer, and I found it to be surprisingly blendable and, amazingly, very natural looking. I could barely tell that I had on makeup, which is the way it should be. Even my boyfriend, who detests foundation, was floored when I smirkingly told him I'd had it on all day. And let me tell you, this stuff does last all day. I didn't wear it for 24 hours ( and frankly, who does wear makeup for that long?) but it stayed on my skin for a good 8 hours, consistently looking fresh and natural. My skin is usually like an oil slick in the summer, but I only had to blot once with this, probably because it contains salicylic acid. An added bonus? It really is transfer-resistant, meaning no embarrassing rub-offs onto people's skin or clothes.

I waited a week before reviewing this so I could see if it broke me out, and thus far, it hasn't, which is also blissful. I'm really impressed with this, and I would definitely buy it again. I know some people have griped about the glass jar being insanitary, but honestly, if you're using clean hands, then that shouldn't be a problem. Also, I've heard others say that this makeup runs much lighter than the original colorstay, which is true, so I'd advise you guys to go up a shade from what you normally wear. But overall, this stuff is fantastic and is my HG. Ladies, go try this stuff!

rated 2 of 5 on 6/19/2012 11:44:00 AM More reviews by lgbnaf

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Tried the first four shades and could not get a match.
Ivory - too light/pink undertone though if you need it.
Buff - too yellow, really yellow
Sand Beige - weird, grey undertone, I'm Sand Beige in regular Colorstay
Nude - too orange

This seemed to just sit on top of my skin with and without primer. No SPF. Is VERY transferrable, it's all over the collar of my black jacket, phone etc. Seemed to settle into every pore and line on my face making them very obvious. I don't have many but do have dehydrated cheeks. Coverage is light/light medium. I have a patch of melasma on my cheek and this didn't cover it at all in any shade I tried. This is a 3-4 hr foundation with or without powder. I'll stick with the regular Colorstay. Have no complaints with that one.
None of the 4 had a 'whipped' consistancy they were all very liquidy. I have returned them all and wouldn't purchase again.
Hated the jar too.

12 out of 14 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/19/2012 11:23:00 AM More reviews by MissBrittanyM

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I was skeptical of this foundation and it took a little while to grow on me. I purchased it for about $11 at Walmart, in Buff, since I normally wear regular (oily skin) CS in the same shade. I like regular CS and have gone through 3 or so bottles but wanted something with a lighter, more natural look and feel as CS can look cakey at times. I tried this foundation with a sponge, a brush, my fingers; with and without primer, with and without powder, and found out the BEST possible way for me to wear it is alone and applied with a damp Beauty Blender (or knockoff version). I apply my moisturizer (currently Clinique DDML) and after 5 or so minutes, swipe a little CS whipped onto each cheek, my forehead and chin. Then I blot it out all over my face with the damp BB sponge. Perfection! It is medium to full coverage, a slightly matte satiny finish and feels creamy smooth, more a thick cream than a mousse. I have combination skin and live in Florida so finding something that looks as good at the end of the day as the beginning is a challenge to say the least, especially now in summer. I do find that very dry areas of my face can look flakey/cakey in this, but it's nothing a light exfoliation can't cure, as very dry spots are rare for me. As for color, whipped is the tiniest bit lighter than regular CS and a tad less yellow... still not neutral, but less warm. I think this is my new favorite foundation!