December 22, 2014 | 1025 users online

Crème - Revlon - ColorStay Whipped Creme Makeup

rated 5 of 5 on 6/27/2012 4:49:00 PM More reviews by DivaDeLosMuertos

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

Well my Rite Aid FINALLY got these in and I picked myself up one last night! I tried it on as soon as I got home and put it on again today and so far these reviews haven't lied, this stuff is great. It was a little hard to figure out my shade in the store because they put no testers out (because it's the drugstore) and since the glass jar is frosted so you cant see the exact color but I ended up picking True Beige and it's a pretty good color for me (I wear Natural Tan in CS for Oily skin). The shade difference between Natural Tan in liquid CS and True Beige in CS Whipped is True Beige is a little lighter and it's a little more pink / cool toned than i'm used to wearing (I have neutral toned skin) But, it does work on me with no problem!

The texture I wouldn't really call whipped, but it's definately a cream and it's lighter than most other creams with THIS level of coverage. The foundation is water based instead of oil based like liquid CS and feels very light on the skin. The claim on CS Whipped is to last for 24 whole hours which obviously im not going to try but I can vouch that I washed my hands a few times with a swatch of it on that wouldn't budge. The coverage I would say is medium-high, and it can be built without getting all cakey. I can cover 95% of my brown acne spots with this, no concealer, and my skin can still breathe under it.

ALOT of people are complaining that it comes in a glass jar and that it's considered unsanitary, but you wash your hands and brushes before you apply your makeup don't you? And use clean sponges? If so, then it's no more unsanitary than a foundation that comes in a tube. Tubes and glass jars are pretty much the same when it comes to bacteria, When you squeeze a product out of the tube airborne bacteria pushes back inside. As long as you are clean when you apply your makeup in the jar, you won't be getting any more bacteria in the product than you would if it were in a tube. This is why the jar doesn't bother me and I actually kinda like how classy it looks

The makeup does well with almost any application, you could use your fingers, a sponge, or a brush, and it still goes on smoothly. When it sets, the finish isn't exactly matte or dewey. It's somewhere in the middle and gives a "My skin but better" finish. The only thing you MUST do when you wear this makeup is set it, with a powder or setting spray because it won't set itself and can stay kinda tacky. This can be a good thing or bad thing depending how you look at it. You get much more time to blend and play around with the foundation to build your coverage, but if it's not set it will surely transfer (In my experience). I don't really have any complaints with this makeup, I love it so far and I don't foresee that it will change anytime soon

8 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 6/27/2012 4:16:00 PM More reviews by Blubird23

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have used the Colorstay liquid foundation (normal/oily) for years but I'm not 100% in love with it so every once in a while I go searching for something else. I'm mostly limited by being very acne prone, almost everything breaks me out. What I like about the CS lquid: does not break me out, stays put all day, and doesn't rub off on clothing. What I hoped the mousse would improve upon: better finish (liquid can make skin a little dull looking), and less drying. I also hoped it would feel a bit less heavy and mask- like on the skin. While I do think this felt less heavy on, it felt stickier than the liquid and it seemed to take more product to get as much coverage. It's decently long wearing but got a little patchy by the end of the day. This broke me out within a day so it's definitely not safe to assume that if the liquid works for you the whipped will too. This didn't agree with my skin so I would not repurchase for that reason, but overall it just didn't wow me enough to consider buying it again even if I had not broken out from it.
The color range is limited, even more limited than the CS liquid and I got 150 Buff which is the closest to my skin but still seems a bit grey in both formulations. The packaging of the CS whipped is even more ridiculous than the much hated pump-less bottle of the liquid foundation. A huge, heavy glass jar with only 0.8 oz. of product (compared to 1 oz. of the liquid.) I get what Revlon is going for here, the jar makes it seem higher end and people like dipping into a bouncy, mousse-y, nice feeling product but realistically, I am not going to carry that thing around in my makeup bag.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/27/2012 3:17:00 PM More reviews by daisymrgrta

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

my only complaint is that it was hard to choose the correct shade because the glass jar lightens up the way the color looks. I bought what looked to be the equal of the shade I use in liquid form. Once I got home I realized the color was too dark (about 2 shades too dark). I set this aside and went back to using the liquid form. Since my skin has gotten some color now that summer is in full swing I decided to try out this whipped makeup again and now it matches PERFECTLY. I've only found that applying it with my fingers gives me a flawless finish. I haven't tried using a damp sponge though. That's my next step because I hate the feeling of foundation on my hands.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/27/2012 11:13:00 AM More reviews by katty81690

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I picked up this product last night...I would have loved to get it sooner, but for some reason, not many stores carry my shade (Ivory). I finally found this at a Target near my town and I picked it up right away! I used it this morning and ahhhhhhh is all I can say...It's light, it has AMAZING coverage, and even after going on a half hour walk and sweating, my face does not really feel more oily than usual! I definitely can feel that I'm wearing something on my face, however, it's so much lighter than some other foundations. The only problem is I'm not sure how to apply it without "contaminating" the product. Normally I pour or squeeze the foundation on the back of my clean hand, with this, I just dipped the makeup sponge at the top part of the white cap. Maybe from now on what I'll do is take the makeup sponge and scoop whatever I need out on the back of my hand and take it from there. No big! I am going to a wedding this weekend and I can't WAIT to wear this! <3

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/26/2012 9:57:00 PM More reviews by sarahg7

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this foundation! I have extremely oily skin, acne and scarring. I have had trouble finding a foundation that covers well, yet doesn't make my skin look like an oil slick after 10 minutes. This foundation, along with using MOM as a primer, is amazing! I barely have to blot my skin at all during the day, and even after working out, it still looks great. I am so happy I found this!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/26/2012 6:03:00 PM More reviews by sl40

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This stuff is fantastic. I don't mind the packaging because I use a damp sponge to apply my makeup. It's buildable and lasts all day. I have not used a foundation like this ever and I have used many. The color choices are limited and I got lucky to find one. Revlon really needs to step it up on color choices for other women. Edit: On my second jar and am still pleased with the results. Guess I found my HG!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/26/2012 5:40:00 PM More reviews by asian_vixen

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Tried this foundation for 2 weeks and it has been good so far. I put it on at 5am and it lasts me until 8 at night but i blot right when it reaches the four hour mark. color selection is not that great and i tried three shades so far to get my match. At first i tried warm golden but it was too pinkish (i use NARS stromboli and have been matched with estee lauder double wear in sand and MUFE mat velvet 40). Then i decided to get Natural tan and Buff which are yellower and closer to my color. I use my Sonia Kashuk flat top brush to apply so i don't have to dip my fingers in and wash the brush everyday. I dip it in buff and apply to a bit to my forehead, more on my nose, top of my cheek bones, chin , making into a triangle where you would usually highlight. then i use natural tan as the second color to blend coming from the outer shape of my face in and buff it in a bit on the highlighted areas. i find this technique more natural and not masky. the finish is a bit dewy, and its definitely light to medium coverage. What i do not like is its hard to remove and i have to wash my face 2-3 twice and with my clarisonic brush, it ends up becoming brown! so other than that, yes it lasts a long time, color selection is so-so, container is unhygienic (and it can get messy!), and hard to remove. so i put four stars but maybe a 3.5 would be my rating. i still recommend it though because it does have a nice finish but mixing can be a pain. UPDATE: totally had to give this away... have broken me out with cystic acne and cant get over the "plastic" smell!

rated 2 of 5 on 6/26/2012 11:59:00 AM More reviews by nightraven

Chemically treated skin with Differen and Cylndamycen. My skin is dry only due to chemcial but extremly oily. I put make up on at 6am its now 10:45am and had to blot and touch up. I work under office lighting so i am always aware of my makeup as i am a public speaker.

Application- used fingers and beauty sponge - semi easy to blend

Texture during application soft and nice

Texture post application sticky needs setting powder

Pores and breakage of product around oily areas still a problem- Used with and without a primer same result.

medium coverage - i have heavy scar and acne so i can build to full but requires copious amounts

Does transfer, not long lasting as it claims

Would I rebuy ? No--thinking of returning

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/26/2012 7:16:00 AM More reviews by lushiesunite

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

With very flaky dry/acne-prone skin, I need a foundation that is both full coverage AND not drying. That's pretty difficult to find. Add sensitive skin to the mix and you'll find yourself in a pickle, until you try this.

I've tried a lot of foundations on the market, low-end and high end. I've spent a lot of money trying to find the right foundation, and for the past 5-6 months had been using Revlon Colorstay foundation with Softflex for dry/normal skin in Ivory. For me, it was good enough and I liked that it was pretty inexpensive. I saw Amarixe (youtuber/blogger) talk about this foundation a couple of weeks ago and say that she liked the normal Colorstay formula (like me) but liked this too. I decided to pick one up at my local Rite Aid to try it, even though I was a little worried about the matte finish formula since I'd had trouble with some in the past.

I am SO in love with this foundation. More than any other foundation I have EVER tried. The coverage is about medium-full without having to pile a ton on your skin. It feels light on my skin (unlike a lot of other higher coverage foundations!), and the finish is AMAZING -- so silky and soft! I also haven't noticed any increase in breakouts since starting using this everyday, which is great.

I really had never tried a foundation that didn't look a little flaky/tired at the end of the day, but this really does stay on well without drying my skin out more and still feeling silky/soft.* Revlon claims that it should last 24 hours... I haven't tried to keep it on that long, but I'm a little skeptical of that claim. It does hold up pretty well for at least 12 hours though, with pretty minimal breakdown -- even in this hot summer weather! I always set foundation with Tarte's Smooth Operator or Mac Fix+.

The formula is definitely more of a thick cream -- less "whipped" than the name leads on. I've been applying it with a dampened Sigma synthetic kabuki brush (an F84 or F82). The formula is pretty easy to blend/buff into the skin.

My biggest complain is that the packaging is unhygienic. I hate face products that I have to dip my fingers into. I've been using a small spatula thingy to get a bit on the back of my hand (I use a little less than the size of a quarter), and that's been working well. While unhygienic, I really like the thick, sturdy/heavy glass jar. It might not be particularly light traveler friendly, but I don't mind it. The little plastic insert/topper on top after taking off the actual lid is a little annoying, but I'd rather have to take it off/put it back on every time than have the product leak out!

I'm typically an NW15 in the winter, but am now (summer) closer to NW20. I ended up buying it originally in the color Buff (thinking my skin might be a bit darker from these past few weeks of sun) but that ended up being a tiny bit too dark/yellow toned. I purchased another jar in Ivory, and have been mixing the two together for amazing results.

All in all, if you have sensitive, acne-prone, dry skin and have been struggling to find a good foundation, TRY THIS. I have a feeling I'll be using it for a LONG time to come.

*I use this on freshly cleansed, toned, and moisturized skin... I use Celestial moisturizer from Lush in the morning before applying it, and I haven't found this foundation drying at all.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/25/2012 2:02:00 PM More reviews by t0asty

I really like this! Picked this up due to the glowing reviews on MUA. For reference, I am perhaps a smidgeon lighter than a NC20ish (NARS Ceylan, BB Sand, Bare Minerals Fairly Light, etc.), yellow-undered town fair asian with super sensitive, blotchy, acne-ridden/prone skin. I'm currently taking Accutane so my skin is SUPER dry and shows ever sign of flaking under.

That said, I need intense coverage - with every other foundation I've used, I've had to pile that crap on! And I end up with incredibly greasy/sticky skin which everything adheres to. It is a nightmare to even touch my face. Despite my skin not producing oil anymore, I seem to be heaping oil ON it. However, with this stuff - it's pretty decent. Seems a bit unhygenic to keep redipping my finger into the pot, but it comes out like a fine mousse and I sort of spread it across my cheeks/areas with my fingertips, and then use a brush to blend it into my skin. It seems to look like low coverage at first since I do a sheer layer, but I dab a bit more in spots where I need more and blend that to the other areas.

It drys to this lovely powder finish that I love! I hate that dewy-skin crap, I want to look freaking airbrushed man! (But can't use powders anymore due to mess/overly dry skin do to accutane...) Will keep repurcahsing :)

My only issue with this is the color seems to be a bit ashy/grey for my yellow/neutral undertones... problem seems fixable with a light bronzer all over my face and blusher though!