October 25, 2014 | 1783 users online

Crème - Revlon - ColorStay Whipped Creme Makeup

rated 2 of 5 on 6/22/2012 9:15:00 AM More reviews by pauley

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Nope did not like it it was dry feeling and cakey looking it left dry patches
by the end of the day I will stick with maybelline age rewind looks more
natural.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/21/2012 10:46:00 PM More reviews by kristen20

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Skin Type: Fair, and neutral to yellow-toned (NC15). Oily and clog-prone.

I've been experimenting with this foundation for several weeks, and I must say, I am very impressed! I had a bunch of samples from Sephora of various expensive foundations which went in the garbage after trying this (among them being Koh Gen Do, Giorgio Armani, and Dior). I am always on the hunt for my HG foundation. I tend to favor foundations with medium-full coverage, with a matte or satin finish. This fulfills both the requirements. It is a cream foundation which has a noticeable silicone feeling, dimethicone being the first ingredient.

The first time I tried it, the feeling was very off-putting to me, I thought it felt slightly too sticky and dewy. I immediately washed it off. The next day, I decided to give it another try and set it with powder. I was completely amazed at the beautiful, satin finish that resulted. The key is to set it with a light translucent powder, I use Chanel Natural Finish loose powder. I prefer to use a puff to press the powder into the skin, which helps it set better, and dust the excess off with a powder brush. Despite the beautiful finish, I definitely did not expect it to last. However, I was extremely surprised when I went to the bathroom for my mid-day touch up, and everything looked exactly the same! My skin was still perfectly matte, with no redness peeking through, or caking. The shade Buff also matches my skin quite well, it could be a tad more yellow-toned, but I don't believe it's noticeable to anyone other than myself.

Overall, I would recommend this to anyone looking for medium-full coverage, with a satin finish. It lasted very nicely on my oily skin. It continues to amaze me how I favored this over much pricier foundations. Dare I say, this could be holy grail material? :)

**EDIT: Just wore this in 100 degree weather, it lasted the whole day! Amazing. I also tried a few more samples of longwearing, high-end foundations like YSL Teint Resist, and I have yet to find one that compares.

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 6/21/2012 8:31:00 PM More reviews by yassy24

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Didn't really like it.. it looked good in photographs but that's about it.. when I wore this foundation out I felt like everyone knew I was wearing makeup.. it felt Cakey and it also looked kind of dull on my skin when I looked into the mirror.I just couldn't make it work. I wanted to like this product so bad but couldn't... it does photograph well like I said but on my skin its not what I expected.. took it back..

rated 5 of 5 on 6/21/2012 8:23:00 PM More reviews by Broadwaylife

I've been using Revlon Colorstay for 3 years and have been quite happy with it. On days when my skin is in good condition it's amazing- evens out my tone and gives me a dewy glow. Otherwise, though, it can run the gamut of looking quite cakey, dull, dry, or too oily. It is also decidedly NOT buildable. Whenever I try to touch it up after it has already set, it looks terrible.

That said, I haven't been able to find anything better, until I tried the new whipped version. I've been using it for a week now, and I love it. I have weird combination skin- it is too dry when I use an oil-free moisturizer, but when I use a normal moisturizer it looks like an oil-slick. Amazingly, Revlon Whippd is able to keep the oil under control. When I put it over a normal moisturizer, it keeps the oil at bay and just makes it look as though I have naturally flawless, satiny skin. And that is the amazing thing: unlike the original colorstay, which looked like makeup, Colorstay Whipped looks like a second skin.

It is a little pricey, but a little goes a long way. I bought Buff, the color I usually use in the other version and it's a good match. I use just dab spots of it all over my face with my finger and then blend with a sponge, and once that's fully blended I go over any spots that need extra coverage, and it's perfect.

Highly recommend!

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 6/21/2012 5:53:00 PM More reviews by jena10607

I love this foundation! I love how silky it feels when you put it on. I am a very oily person and all the foundations I have tried have left me oily not even oily but more a greasy feel {yuck} by lunch. This stuff is wonderful! I have tried it for a week now and just yesterday tried one of my other foundations(all my foundations are oil free by the way) and again I was greasy. Went back today and used Revlon whipped and I made up my mind today this stuff works for me. I didn't know which color to get, I'm fair/medium with pink under tones in MAC I'm a NC20 if that helps anyone and i purchased 200 in the revlon whipped and the color matches perfectly. :) Love this foundation.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/21/2012 5:16:00 PM More reviews by carolyntaggart

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

this is a really great product from revlon. i have very oily skin, acne prone skin but i don't like my foundation to cover much, just even. so i like it to look natural, which the original colorstay does not, plus it broke me out. I was hoping to love this and it wouldn't break me out, well i do love it, but it does break me out. it looks so natural and really keeps me shine free throughout the day, which is very hard to find at the drugstore. for anyone that isn't acne prone but wants natural flawless skin, I would definately give this a try.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/21/2012 3:31:00 PM More reviews by lisa1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

UPDATE!!!! A week later. Still loving it! The Buff matches my skin perfectly! Definitely run out and buy a bunch of jars of this. Stock up! I have a feeling that now that i found my HG, they'll discontinue.

Today is my first day wearing it. I'll go point by point. First the cons. (only 2 of them 1. & 2.)
1 - Color - Hard to tell from the jar and the jar comes sealed in plastic so you can't even open to look. All colors run darker than what you can see through the glass jar. Bought in Sand Beige - should have tried Buff. Will exchange it tonight. Buff i think will be a perfect match for me.
2. Packaging - not crazy about the heavy glass jar. Easy to drop out of your hands, very heavy.. won't travel well since it's so bulky and heavy.
Now the good points!
Texture - it is NOT a mouse nor does it feel very "whipped". It's very creamy. But light. Once applied it goes on VERY smooth and velvety like. It dries to an almost powder finish. And i don't feel it on my skin. I live in Florida humidity. Went outside and i didn't get that "sweaty get this off my face" feeling i normally get with other foundations. Also, my oiliness did NOT come through with this. I normally have to blot twice a day. I went to blot once out of habit and barely any oil! That's amazing. The foundation also stays put on your face. In order words it doesn't change, settle into pores or become anything other than your skin. And it doesn't transfer that much either. I talked on the phone and at the end of my conversation i didn't have any makeup on my phone at all! Which means it won't transfer to anyone's cheek or shirt if i give a hug! You just look like you have clear smooth poreless flawless skin and like it's yours not out of a jar! That's HUGE! It almost even erases fine lines and imperfections. like it fills them in or something. VERY IMPRESSED! I haven't had to repowder at all with this all day! and THAT"S amazing to me! I wash it off with cleanser soap and water. It does take some work to get it off your face but that's good since that means it'll stay on your face all day! so that's no problem for me. Overall, i honestly really love this makeup. It is a bit pricey at $13.99 but that's fine so long as it works so well. Please Revlon don't change or discontinue this. It's a clear winner and i've tried billions of foundations in my past (I'm 42 and have been wearing makeup since 19!) Overall HIGHLY recommended!!! Will update once i've worn this for a week or so to see if i broke out or anything of the sort. Speaking of, it contains salycylic acid which means it's going to keep my skin clear! Yet another bonus!!!!!! VERY GOOD MAKEUP!!! YES!
UPDATE 5/6/2013 - STILL loving it the same way. Mix it with a little L'Oreal BB Face Perfector and it's even better!

16 out of 16 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 6/21/2012 3:29:00 PM More reviews by Danyw

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm loving this stuff! I have pretty oily skin (especially in summer time) and this keeps the shine away for about 4 hours! I love that it does last all day on me without getting splotchy! One con for me is the glass jar, I would totally prefer a tube. I just feel like it's a bacteria breeding ground!

Update* I have stopped using this foundation. It's broken me out SO bad! My face is looking terrible right now. That really sucks because I actually liked the way it wore on me...Also the shades are all a little pink for me too. Well, the search continues!!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/21/2012 2:47:00 PM More reviews by meaghen

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this product because i needed a new foundation and i thought this was worth a try. I bought it at walgreens for 13$ i bought it in the darkest color available which was natural tan which was still a little to light but it blended really well. The foundation is great ! It controls oil pretty well and i gives a matte finish the coverage is medium but can be easily built up . It feels very lightweight when you're wearing it and the foundation consistency is very airy and light and works well if you dot it on your face and then use a stipling brush . The only con is the limited color selection and that you cant really see the difference inbetween the different shades when you're in the store but I will defenitely repurchase

rated 3 of 5 on 6/21/2012 11:20:00 AM More reviews by malco

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

Nope, don't like. Unlike CS this makes me flaky and settles in pores. Would like it in a tube better too.