Cetaphil Moisturizing Cream

4.2

Water, Petrolatum, Glyceryl Polymethacrylate, Dicaprylyl Ether, Glycerin, Dimethicone, Glyceryl Stearate, Cetyl Alcohol, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, PEG-30 Glyceryl Stearate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Benzyl Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Hydroxide, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Dimethiconol, Disodium EDTA, Propylene Glycol.

on 6/6/2005 8:23:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

My only complaint is that this moisturizer doesn't come in a formula with SPF.
I have dabbled with many moisturizers from high end to drug store, and I come back to this over and over. Unlike other moisturizers, which just simply moisturize, I'm convinced this stuff really improves the condition of my skin.
It does leave skin looking dewey, which is sometimes the look I go for, but I can understand how people may think this stuff leaves your face oily. I mainly use this at night, and use Olay Complete during the day (SPF, it's a must).
But yeah, my skin is really fickle, and this stuff keeps it blemish free. Definitely my favorite.

on 5/18/2005 2:06:00 PM

I wouldn't have thought to use this product on my face until the dermatologist recommened it after I received "airbag burns" from a car accident. It worked wonders and I haven't had a problem with breakouts. I use a small amount all over my face, followed by Philosophy's Ice Cream Man, followed by BE foundation. It really helped by 40 something year old skin.

on 5/16/2005 7:41:00 PM

If my boyfriend says Oh my God your skin feels so soft! I'm going to keep using it(on my body). Uh, why would anyone put this on their face? Anything that has oil or petrolatum shouldn't be used on your face! Of course you will break out. I use it on my body after a shower/bath.

on 5/16/2005 11:40:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Fabulous moisturizing cream especially for winter, too heavy for summer months. Great price, enormous jar that lasts me all winter. Too rich for the face though. Fragrance free and all that. Great for us Cetaphil lovers!

on 5/8/2005 2:55:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Love it love it love it love it. My skin is acne-prone and extremely sensitive, but not dry - not too oily either (but oilier rather than drier). I LOVE this moisturizer. It's so gentle. Everytime I take a shower or wash my face or whatever I need to use a moisturizer because letting my face airdry for some reason makes it very very dry, to the point of just really uncomfortable. I have to use a moisturizer and this is perfect. It doesn't irritate at all, and it doesnt make me break out. If you have oily skin, it's probably not for you - but for normal to dry to very dry, it's great, especially if you have very sensitive skin. I looooove it!

on 5/2/2005 11:45:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This is a cheap as chips moisturiser that is fantastic. Although would use my La Mer anyday, this is a great one for those on a budget. Able to use under the eye area and does not leave skin greasy. So cheap you can happily smother it all over your body. Great for my dry sensitive skin. Enjoy!

on 5/1/2005 9:46:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This is the only moisturizer I've ever tried that I'm 100% certain does not break me out. Very basic and non-irritating. It's a shame that I can't use it during the day because it is too moisturizing for my combo/oily skin, but this would work wonderfully for drier skin. Much better than the lotion form, which I hated and now use as a hand lotion.

on 4/30/2005 12:01:00 AM

I have seborric dermatitis and my skin is extremely dry and sensitive (with scaley patches in the winter) and this is the only stuff that works. Lubriderm doesn't work nearly as well unless you use it really consistently, but with this stuff, I can put it on a dry patch and it's gone the next day! A g-dsend. Thank goodness my dermatologist suggested it.

on 4/28/2005 9:30:00 PM

an absolute HG for my dry, sensitive, horribly acne prone skin - its the only thing that keeps my skin from flaking AND it works great under sunscreen and makeup! LOVE IT!

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

This cream is formulated for chronic dry, sensitive skin. I noticed that most of the negative reviews are from people who have normal/oily/combo skin. If your skin is normal/oily/combination, this product is probably not for you. Also, this is a Ďcreamí; itís supposed to be thick and heavy. If youíre apprehensive about putting a thick and heavy moisturizer on your face, try the lotion formula. With that being said, this cream is my HG moisturizer. I have very dry, non acne-prone skin all year round and this is the only cream that will keep the flakes and red patches away. In the winter, I apply this cream when I first get up in the morning and let it absorb into my skin while Iím getting ready (about 15 minutes). Then I apply my make-up. After I get home from work, I wash my face with Cetaphil Gentle Cleansing bar and apply the cream again. I apply the cream for a third time after a shower several hours later. For spring/summer, I apply twice daily. In the warmer months, my chin area is more normal, so I donít apply the cream to that area. Since Iíve been using this cream, my skin has never looked better. No blemishes, no clogged pores. My skin looks supple, dewy, and radiant.

Popular Moisturizers