October 20, 2014 | 1647 users online

Moisturizers - Cetaphil - Moisturizing Cream

rated 1 of 5 on 11/16/2004 10:59:00 PM More reviews by poegrl

If you are sensitive to pore clogging ingredients, then do not slather this all over your face! I bought this to try to help moisturize flakes, and the second I put it on, I knew it was going to cause problems. My skin couldn't breathe and I felt like washing it off because it was so sticky and heavy. Now, a day later, I have a full face of clogged pores (even in places that I never break out), new blemishes, and I still have dry skin. I'm so angry at myself for even trying it because every cetaphil product I've tried breaks me out. Just a warning for those who have weird oily but dry-on-the-outside skin like mine.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/14/2004 6:35:00 PM More reviews by gamine

I have sensitive combo Asian skin and this cream feels heavy and greasy on. The texture of the cream makes me feel as if my skin can't breathe through the layer of this cream and it takes forever to absorb, hours later I still feel like there's something sitting on top.

The first month of using this I went through horrible breakouts with my skin trying to adjust to this. After a break I went back to it and it hasn't caused that much of an irritation (now it's mostly a blotchy reaction). My pores get clogged by this and I use this cream sparingly. It also makes some parts of my face very dry, flaky (ie. temples, jawline, chin, sides of mouth) with some cystic zits and white heads showing up in places where I never get them. So basically I can't get uniform moisturization/results from this cream; greasy some parts, dry others with some clogged pores here and there.

If I was to buy this again (which I probably won't) I would use it on my body but I still think it's too greasy and thick for that. For example the cream did not absorb into my skin during a two hour lecture. It just ended up making my pen slip out of my greased up fingers while trying to write notes. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 11/13/2004 2:38:00 PM More reviews by prettygirlJD

This is the best moisturizer i've ever used. I have normal skin so I don't get that really shiny look. It's just so emollient and leaves my skin softer than anything. This stuff is so cheap and unlike others I use this year round and it gives me a flawless dewy look that I just love.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/10/2004 12:53:00 AM More reviews by petitepishe

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

pure, non irritating product with non greasy feel that is rich with moisture and leaves skin silky smooth and soft. i use it especially on my elbows and legs, where i am extra dry. it is food for my hungry skin!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/6/2004 9:41:00 PM More reviews by tablet21

Not bad at all! Its currently working wonders on fixing my 'post cold' flakies!

4 stars because its cheap too! It may not be CDLM, but it works pretty well for me!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/3/2004 3:20:00 PM More reviews by bbarrelle

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Staple! Great stuff! I don't use it everyday but have normal to dry skin and put it on when I feel I need it under my makeup when my skin is flaky. Only need a thin layer. I don't find it greasy.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/2/2004 3:22:00 PM More reviews by missytoe

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Sorry, gals, I was very disappointed in this product. I want some hard core thick-as-icing emollient cream for my dry face and this stuff failed miserably. It goes on nicely with a little slip, but absorbs quickly into nothing. My face was actually feeling tight about 20 minutes after applying. I will stick to the greasier stuff out there like well, Vaseline when all else fails. Or Mary Kay's Emollient Night Cream or Jurlique's Day Cream.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/26/2004 12:25:00 PM More reviews by serxon

A great moisturizer when skin is very dry/flaky because its very greasy. The tube lasts a long time, for me that is.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/13/2004 1:45:00 AM More reviews by agirlnamedagnes

omg i can't live without this cream. i have combo skin with very very dry cheeks and very very oily t-zone. i bought this cream at costco becasue it was so cheap and i love creams. i thought if it didn't work on my face, i'd just use it as a body cream. the cream is very thick and is fragrance free. it went on smoothly and made my makeup look so dewy and nice! i suffer from acne on my chin but this didn't break me out at all. a little goes a long way, i use this on my face and all over my body. =) give it a try!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/11/2004 4:20:00 PM More reviews by Neely

I'm a body lotion junkie with very dry skin, but I think this is where my search ends! It's very rich, thick without being too thick, not greasy. I sometimes use it on my face as a night cream. I love the wide mouth plastic tub - I can scrape every last bit out unlike tubes or pumps. The big tub costs about $11 and often goes on sale for under $10 on drugstore.com. I've tried cetaphil lotion and did not like it much, it was a bit greasy and not as moisturizing as I like, but the cream is perfect.