October 20, 2014 | 1613 users online

Liquid - NARS - Sheer Glow Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 5/16/2010 6:17:00 AM More reviews by noirowoze

I'm Chinese with combination skin and some acne scarring from, believe it or not, the clinique 3 step system. I was really really hesitant about buying this because I didn't think this was meant for combo-oily skin. well I bought it anyway to give it a shot and I'm absolutly IN LOVE WITH IT. it feels so light and smooth. I usually like to apply it with my fingers after I sanitize of course. I've tried using the mac 187 brush but it didn't feel or look natural. when I used my fingers I could really smooth it into my skin and easily build coverage. this foundaion is so amazing because it's sheer enough to use as a tinted moisturizer but it's also definitely buildable to medium-full coverage, especially if youre using your fingers. however lately I've been pairing this with the mac 109 brush. the 109 brush really let's me buff the foundation in and makes it look so natural without streaks or cakiness. I've tried many ways to set this foundation for my skin type and I finally found a routine that works wonders for me. so after I wash, exfoliate, and moisturize, I let it all sink in and then apply the murad oil control mattifier. after that sinks in I apply mac's prep and prime skin base visage. once that sinks in I put on my nars sheerglow in Ceylan with either my fingers or the mac 109. if I want more sheer coverage I use my fingers. for heavier coverage I use the 109. I contour, blush blah blah and set everything with mac's prep and prime transparent powder. then I spray my mac 187 stippling brush with mac fix+ and stipple that onto my face over the foundation and transparent powder. it migh be a tedious routine, but my makeup did not budge and looked flawless for literally 9 hours, not exagerrating, even for my combo-oily skin. I love this foundation. so smooth, light, wonderful, whatever. it's great and I would repurchase this over and over and over again.
UPDATE: I am still absolutely loving this foundation. I have not broken out from this at all. when I wear it, it feels like I'm not wearing anything at all. my dad, who is super critical about how makeup is applied and how natural it looks, didn't even know I had foundation on. he just thought my hyperpigmentation disappeared overnight and I wasn't wearing concealer either! love it love it love it. I think when they call it "sheer glow," sheer meaning it FEELS sheer. I mean if you really want something sheer, I would consider tinted moisturizers. as for the glow, I guess it only "glows" on normal combo skin, not dry skin. you could always ask for a sample first. but give it a COUPLE of chances. the first two times I used it, I hate it. I almost returned it but then I realized I wasn't applying it right. try to apply it a few different ways before hating it :)!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/15/2010 8:25:00 PM More reviews by VanillaV

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this makeup! The colors are absolutely beautiful and neutral...excellent for olive skin. I am between a MAC NC 42-44 for reference. In the winter I purchased Syracuse in Sheer Glow; now since I am tanning I wear Tahoe and it perfect too!

I love the finish not too matte not too dewy/shiny. I have very dry skin that is more normal now thanks to Cerave moisturizer so this formula is perfect for my skin. It lasts ALL day from 6:30 a.m. til midnight I love it! This is definitely HG makeup. Nothing is more perfect.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/13/2010 6:01:00 AM More reviews by jennixo

I thought this foundation was going to be a product that got great reviews, but when i bought it, i didnt see what all the fuss was about.
But i was wrong
i love this foundation, i think its my new HG foundation! Its so sheer and light but yet covers all of my blemishes with only using a pea size amount, it is expensive at £29, but i only need very little each time so i think it will last me a long time. However having no pump i thought was silly when they have one on the testers.
Oh and people probaly didn't make the same mistake as me, but i previously was using Revlon Colourstay which is a very thick foundation and when you tip the bottle to get some out you have to wait for a good few seconds before the thick product runs out, Sheer glow is very light and runny, i tipped it like i would my colorstay and spilt so much!! i had to try and pour most of it back in, quite annoying as it was the first day i had it!

rated 2 of 5 on 5/13/2010 5:00:00 AM More reviews by miszdeniise

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Dont like this product. Color selection was ok. Im NC15 and used Gobi which looked a bit pale. Mont Blanc looked gorgeous but it was a bit organgey. Broke me out, not horrible but like a rash and a few tiny bumps. Its very hard to spread, drys quickly and isnt the best for dry skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/13/2010 3:17:00 AM More reviews by titania19

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this foundation! It isn't too dewy and it isn't matte it is the perfect balance of both! It provides great natural looking coverage that makes my skin look totally flawless even on my worst breakout days. I was worried at first that I wouldn't find a perfect match because I rarely get a perfect color match but I found a shade (Santa Fe) that was perfect for my summer skin (I always tan in the summer). In Mac I am usually about a NC20-25, sometimes 30 if I am lifeguarding. I have quite sensitive skin and this foundation doesn't break me out whatsoever. The only real complaint I have is the lack of a pump. I hate not having a pump because I don't like wasting product. Despite that minor set back I can't rave enough about Nars Sheer Glow foundation! Don't hesitate to give it a try.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/13/2010 1:41:00 AM More reviews by thuysers

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm an NC35 in MAC and have combination skin. I bought this foundation in "Stromboli" from the NARS website. I was a little skeptical at first because I thought it would make me look more shiny but it actually doesn't. It gives you a dewy glow. I'll use a touchup powder 2x a day only on my T-zones. It has a lasting staying power and feels VERY light. This is my HG foundation! =) Worth the price because you really don't need that much product!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/12/2010 2:37:00 PM More reviews by Circa1989

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is an okay foundation, it isn't anything special, but nothing terrible either. It applies smoothly to my skin, stays put for most of the day, and evens out my skin tone pretty well. The colour is pretty nice, I have it in the palest shade "Siberia" and it matches my skin pretty well, though it isn't exactly "neutral" as it claims to be. It definitely leans toward the yellow side but that isn't a huge problem for me. Pale is pale in my case! I probably won't be running to Sephora to repurchase this when it runs out, as there are plenty of other foundations that I adore more than this one at a fraction of the price, but I will probably be able to finish the bottle I have without much trouble. :)

rated 2 of 5 on 5/11/2010 5:38:00 PM More reviews by sourie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

The color match was almost perfect for my skin. I'm an NC-30-35 and bought NARS Sheer Glow in Punjab. I just wish the formula would've worked on my dry skin. The foundation seemed to enhance the dryness.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/10/2010 9:09:00 PM More reviews by mshotpink

I just bought this the other day and I love it! I bought this at the sephora store and I got it in Barcelona. The sales girl helped me choose the right shade and tried it on half of my face. This foundation is a semi matte finish which is nice for us combo/oily skin girls. This foundation does not feel thick or heavy it feels light. I loved how it looked and decided to buy it. This was in the morning so I went through the day running errands and when I got hoe in the evening I compared the half of my face where the NARS was applied and the other half where my regular foundation was applied. The regular side of my face had gotten oily as usual since I have combination skin and the side where the NARS was placed had this sheen to it not oily but just a nice glow and it didn't look worn out, I just loved it. My only con to this product was the price and packaging. This should really have a pump I mean they send the testers at sephora with a pump why not the actual product! The price is a little high but I'd rather pay for something I love and is good on my face than to pay less for something that's just ok.

UPDATE: I've been using this foundation for about two months and I still love it! I will say this goes on better with a brush than with a sponge. A sponge will just suck up all the foundation and for the price of this one you definitely don't want that. I would recommend the mac 109 brush or the sephora 35 brush. The only thing is that the mac 109 sheds.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/10/2010 12:17:00 AM More reviews by chanel2110

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Yes, I would buy this product again, in hopes that one day it might adhere to my skin for more than three hours. I love the way this foundation looks on my skin in the morning. It is so beautiful, and I can completely see how other people would find this to be their HG. But as I have oily skin this foundation only lasted a few hours until it was just completely gone. I have no idea where it goes, but it's gone. I can touch up and it looks good, but my 'touch up' means applying another layer of foundation, which I'm not really interested in doing every day. I need something a little more long lasting. But I do truly love the texture and feel it gives my skin. I use Chanel's Hydra + Active serum and then Clinique's spot corrector serum and then NARS primer. If I don't use NARS primer, I can pretty much forget about wearing this foundation. With the primer, it's a dream come true. If only for a couple of hours. Reference: Punjab Mac NC 25