November 28, 2014 | 2066 users online

Foundations - Make Up For Ever - HD High Definition Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 5/24/2011 1:28:00 AM More reviews by rebeccawangxiaoyin

I'm very fond of this foundation. Though I have so many other foundations to try that I can't commit exclusively to this foundation, I don't have any complaint against it. The texture is very nice. The coverage is just right for my liking. There is a wide range of shades to choose from. I've heard others complaining that this looks cakey, but I think the key point is that with this foundation you have to apply very thinly and work it into you skin, rather than apply a whole lot all at once or layer too much on the entire face, which can totally accentuate any dry spot on your face. I'm not sure whether it is claimed as a full coverage foundation, but I find it tend to look not so beautiful, especially in real life, when you try to build this up to the full coverage.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/22/2011 12:36:00 AM More reviews by kristeli10

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is so far the BEST LIQUID FOUNDATION I ever used, and will ONLY USE forever! $40 is worth every penny. The color perfectly match my tone and there are alot of variety colors to match from. Im NW 120. I truly love this foundation. It evens out my skin tone and feels so light I barely feel any foundation on. I have oily skin but it doesn't look so oily in the light specially when I take picture with flash. Although..the only bad side is, in the middle of the day I usually use blotting linen to remove those excess shine :(. I dont need a full coverage. Like everyone said, it doesnt give full coverage so concealer could help :(. But overall, it's a good foundation. :). I may try the matt+velvet foundation from MUFE :)

rated 5 of 5 on 5/21/2011 8:29:00 PM More reviews by queijada

Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

It kills me to drop $40 on a foundation, but I love this! I'm an NC25, but wear #118. The color range is terrific & I'm very pleased with my match. I consider this a medium-coverage foundation--I have some brown spots & freckles that show through a bit, but since the finish is dewy & natural, I'll live with that. I'm super oily, and shine is still a challenge on my forehead & cheeks. I buff it on with a flat-top buffer for a soft finish. I like that one pump is all I need for my entire face, so it will last for a long time. I've very acne prone & haven't had any problem with this.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/21/2011 3:03:00 PM More reviews by sunshinelu

Sadly I'll be returning this because it breaks me out horribly :(. I always moisturize first, have tried with and without primer, lightly set with powder, and wash my face with my Clarisonic at the end of the day. I rarely get bad pimples and this stuff gave me an ugly set of SIX bright red pimples on my chin. So gross! I'm sure this works well for a lot of people so I'm not going to rate it badly. Everyone's skin is different so we just have to keep experimenting until we find our HG foundation :)

rated 5 of 5 on 5/18/2011 5:20:00 PM More reviews by MissSaraahChopra

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Other

I got a generous sample of this at Sephora and I am in love. MUFE's primer, this foundation and the Full Cover Concealer is my new everyday HG routine. It was super easy to find my shades and the colour matches perfectly. It goes on smooth, makes me glow and evens out my complexion but I still need concealer for my acne scars. A little goes a long way. I'm buying a full size bottle today and I'm always happy with pumps. I have MUFE's primer in a pump bottle and like it so far, except that I will have to break into them to get the rest of the product out. This foundation makes my skin look flawless, especially in photos. I can't wait to use it in a photo shoot. I don't really mind spending $40 on good foundation, hopefully it lasts a while.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/15/2011 10:19:00 AM More reviews by carmcd811

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

bought this because i didnt like that my bare minerals gave me little coverage. i figured that a liquid foundation would be much better. after reading the comments the overall consensus was that it gave full coverage and didnt cause breakouts. WELL it does. i started getting red oily under the skin bumps on my cheeks after about a week or 2. it was mortifying. DONT WASTE $40 ..... get pur minerals its affordable, and gives GREAT coverage.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/15/2011 10:08:00 AM More reviews by NYCBeauty99

Great makeup for a special occasion. If I wore foundation every day, I don't think I would choose this one for daily use. It can be a bit greasy at times and difficult to wash off. However, this product is awesome for going out and photos. When used with the other HD products (primer and finishing powder), my skin truly looks flawless. I can even get away with skipping concealer if I want to. It gives a medium amount of coverage, so it's not to light nor too heavy. And the amount of colors it comes in is fabulous. I would definitely recommend this to brides, prom goers, and anyone else getting dressed up for a night out.

Edit: I want to caution people that this foundation is not to be used on a daily basis. I used it daily when I went on vacation. It made me break out. I'm still giving it 4 lippies because it looked amazing in my photos.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/11/2011 9:55:00 PM More reviews by sunset8

I really thought this foundation was gong to be my HG foundation; sadly it's not. I like how it feels lightweight on my skin and it gives me an airbrushed finish that looks great on photos. It is way too overpriced, however, and I most certainly can get the same effect using my Revlon Colorstay foundation (I got the 128 from MUFE, it matches almost 100% with the 330 Natural Tan). I also specifically told the MUA at Sephora that I was looking for a foundation with a yellow undertone, but the one she gave me looked too warm on my skin. But I'll say that it's human error, not that foundation. So, no, not buying this again. This is very much an overpriced and over-hyped product.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/10/2011 2:27:00 PM More reviews by MeganHan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

update: changed from 4 to 3 lippies. i am returning this foundation and going to get mat velvet instead. i am sad to give up this foundation simply bc of the perfect color match, but it just makes my skin so shiny/oily that it is unbearable..
--------
Pros: great color range (I am #153 and it matches my skin almost exactly), does not oxidize, does not contain SPF (no more ghostface in pictures!), does not clog my pores, looks great in natural light, comes with a pump (prevents bacteria from getting into the foundation), does not break me out or cause sensitivity to my skin.

Cons: is NOT a full coverage foundation (this is a medium coverage foundation.. I still have visible acne scarring with this foundation), can look oily really fast on oilier skin types (gives skin a natural glow when first applied.. looks shiny after only an hour), have gotten a few new blemishes since using

I typically use Estee Lauder doublewear but was looking for something without SPF and that had lighter coverage and a wider color selection. MUFE HD is a great choice.. but I just wish that it had a matte finish, rather than a glowy finish. I do think this foundation would look best on girls with normal skin types, with little to no scaring or blotchiness, but the shininess can be controlled with blotting papers.. just make sure you have a lot to spare..

rated 4 of 5 on 5/7/2011 11:12:00 PM More reviews by Chynnac

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have been wearing this for about two weeks and I feel that's enough to write an accurate review. I was in Sephora to purchase Nars Sheer Glow when the artist recommended Make Up Forever HD. Went narrowed it down to 170 or 173 and I settled on 173, the 170 wasn't lighter just the undertones were different. The good thing about the MUFE Foundation is they have over 25 shades with all kinds of undertones so there should probably be a shade for all kinds of complexions and backgrounds. I have been a Revlon Colorstay girl forever and that has been my HG for the last two years. However OMG I have converted over. What I love the best is that it also stay like the Colorstay all day long and I set it with E.L.F. HD powder (though I am going to try the MUFE one just to see the difference) and I get a decent 12 hours out of it. The most amazing part though is it feels like light and covers well and really gives a satin finish that looks like skin. Compared to the Revlon Colorstay it just feels lighter on the face, like I don't feel like I am wearing liquid foundation, it looks like your skin!! At $40 it is a little pricey but when you think about the importance of a decent foundation in the entire routine its money well spent.

Edit 11/15/11 I like this foundation however after going alternating between this and rRevlon Colorstay I have to say I literally like the color stay better. It covers better and lasts longer than the MUFE. So at the end of the day $40 or$12 it's a no brained. But the price doesn't matter it's how it literally looks on.