Make Up For Ever HD High Definition Foundation

3.6

Aqua, Cyclopentasiloxane, Neopentyl Glycol Diethylhexanoate, Mica, talc, PEG-10 Dimenthicone, Biosaccharide Gum-1, Phenyl, Trimethicone, Sodium Chloride, Lauroyl Lysine, Dimenthicone Crosspolymer, Glyceryl Caprylate, Methylpropanediol, Butylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Sodium Myristoyl Glutamate, Cyclohexacyloxane, Methylisothiazolinone, Sorbitan Sesquileate, Silver Oxide, Propylene, Carbonate, Parfum (fragrance), Methylparaben, Fagus Sylvatica Extract (Fagus Sylvatica Bud Extract), Hydrolyzed Yeast Protein, [+/- CI 77891 )titanium Dioxide), CI 77491 (Iron Oxides), CI 77499 (Iron Oxides).

on 8/16/2011 4:07:00 PM

HD = HG! I have to say, I was very skeptical about this product. I dont wear much makeup..at all. I mostly wear it for special occasions and a bit of concealer here and there. Therefore I figured why not buy a good quality foundation since Im not going to go through it fast. This provides medium to full coverage (depending on application) and lasts all day (at least for me). I wore this to prom, danced for majority of the 4 hrs and never touched up my face once. 4 hrs and a sweaty dance floor and my makeup looked good as new when I got home. If that doesn' t say something, I don't know what will. For special occasions, I definitely reccomend this but for everyday use, I suggest Clinique or something a bit more affordable.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have no idea why this foundation is so highly raved. While it works great for me, it doesn't make me go WOW like I should be especially when it seems to fail no one. The coverage is sheer to medium which I love and it goes on smoothly. However it doesn't last the whole day for me when I do not even have oily skin to begin with. Also, the shade I got is way too dark for me. Im NC20 and got it in #120 but I feel like I should go one shade down instead. Makes me look like I have a fake tan on or something. It looked ok once applied but after an hour or so it oxidizes to an awful orange and just looks nasty. Sigh. I really wanted to love this, but the shade and longevity that is bothering me. All in all, expensive for the quality.

on 8/12/2011 5:16:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

This is the only foundation I've found that perfectly matches my skin (MAC NC40 => MUFE HD 128).
This is a medium coverage foundation but it doesn't feel heavy at all. The finish is not completely matte, not completely dewy which is great for my combination skin - it doesn't enhance the dry patches on my cheeks or the breakouts I sometimes have on my chin and forehead. It looks beautiful on pictures and in real life so this is my go-to face product. I apply it with my Sigma F80 for a flawless result.
The packaging could be better though. I love the pump for hygienic purposes (I use a pump and a half for my entire face) but they designed the bottle poorly. What the heck were they thinking when they came with this opaque packaging?! It's impossible to know what's left inside and you could easily take it to travel, thinking you have enough product for several uses, and then discover that the bottle is empty once you need it. Wish the container was transparent - if it was, I would change my overall rating from 4 to 5!

on 8/11/2011 1:17:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

The packaging is so pretty....but the product..not so much for oily skin. it makes me really oily throughout the day, but most foundations tend to do that. it looks really nice when freshly applied, but loses its look throughout the day. photographs very well though.

i still use this because its the best foundation i have right now and i do not want to waste the $40 i spent on it :)

on 8/8/2011 12:39:00 PM

I just have to say that I have tried Bare Escentuals, DIor, Chanel and Drugstore brands and this is the BEST!

I work for a beauty store that does not carry this so most of the women notice my makeup all day long, and one thing I hear everyday is "You have beautiful skin!" I'm not really allowed to tell them it's Makeup Forever, but it is! I think to myself, wow, my skin is really not that great, the foundation is just so light and natural looking that I guess people can't tell I'm wearing foundation. :)

This is my HG foundation FOREVER.

I'm in love...:D

on 8/7/2011 3:35:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I was told this foundation was supposed to be medium-full coverage, but I would say its more of a thin layer on top of your skin that still requires concealer. But that doesn't take away from the fact that I love this foundation, it photographs well and it lasts all day (which is what I needed)

on 8/7/2011 5:59:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I was so hoping this makeup would be the one for me. I love the way it looks when it first goes on but it sure doesn't stay. After about 2 hours I find I have to reapply and it makes my face oily. I don't have oily skin at all. It is way too expensive and should last more than a few hours. I will not purchase again.

on 8/6/2011 1:30:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

so far this is probably one of my favorite foundations, like every foundation it does have some downfalls though:( its great for a flawless finish but it does highlight the dry patches that you may have and for me i find that at the end of the day it does make my face look a little oiler BUT i do have oily skin so it could be just that. it is pricey but totally worth it!

oh another big plus about this foundation is that it DOES NOT BREAK ME OUT! which i love:)

on 8/6/2011 8:59:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I'd like to start off by saying that I have a decent skin... I don't have a lot of breakouts so almost every foundation with light to medium coverage works for me... ok so... this foundation is AMAZING!! I love it!!! for my skin needs I just apply one pump and it looks like skin..... honestly.... I've never tried to apply more to see if it can provide me with full coverage since I don't need it.. the 1 pump is amost medium coverage!!! it looks excelent in photos and for me it is woth the $40!! and it makes all my friend wonder about my perfect skin...

on 8/5/2011 8:50:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Excellent photography foundation. In person and in photos, this looks very natural and skin-like. For reference I am an NC20-25 and I wear 120. This feels light going on, and doesn't feel like I'm wearing too much foundation on my face throughout the night, although it still provides about medium to full coverage. I apply with either my Sigma F80 flat top kabuki or a MAC 187 and it looks flawless. It has a dewy, satiny-finish when worn alone. I almost always wear this foundation with primer underneath - I believe that's what helps it to last longer on my skin. With primer and set with the accompanying HD Microfinish Powder, this lasted for over 12 hours through dinner and a night of dancing, with only a small powder touch-up that I probably could have done without.

Take caution though - this emphasizes dry patches of skin like no tomorrow. For super oily-skinned gals, this might be too moisturizing a foundation. This foundation would probably be best for those with normal to slightly dry or slightly oily skin.