October 2, 2014 | 1105 users online

Foundations - Make Up For Ever - HD High Definition Foundation

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/1/2011 9:27:00 PM More reviews by EIGNA

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this foundation. Amazing coverage w/o looking and feeling like heavy foundation. I'm NW15 and wear 115 (#2 in MUFE F&B) and it's a perfect match. Long-lasting with a satin finish, I find that my makeup holds up by the end of the day with this. I will add this can be quite drying, even on me and I have combo-oily skin, so I switch off between this and the F&B. But when I want my skin to look perfect in pictures, this is the one I go for. Will repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/30/2011 5:45:00 AM More reviews by kpborra

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really wanted to like this because it's Kim K's foundation. I've been holding off buying it because I was finishing up my LM Silk Creme, but when I had to travel to Taiwan with my husband and I knew I was going to take a lot of pictures, I finally gave in and bought it. Huge mistake. My skin is not sensitive, but when I started using it, I developed acne. I'm pretty sure it's the foundation because I usually only get zits on my forehead when it's the time of the month, but when I started using this, I started getting zits on my cheeks. Granted, my skin still looked flawless in the pictures, but I could see zits cropping up. Immediately when I got back from my vacation, I stopped using MUFE HD, and started using LM Silk Creme, and all my zits went away one by one. I feel so sad because I don't know what to do with it, it's not cheap, and we have a no return policy here in the Philippines, but for sure, I won't let that foundation touch my face again. Loved the packaging though. If only it did not break me out.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/28/2011 7:39:00 PM More reviews by kahillrn

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Received a deluxe sample of this one day when shopping at Sephora. SA applied it with a flat top brush, stippling it into my skin, I went home without thinking much about it. Left it on my end table for a couple days, forgetting to take it to my makeup "station". One day I finally remembered to take it and actually apply it, UNBELIEVABLE !! No other way to describe it! Literally looks like my face has been airbrushed. I'm a 115 and actually purchased some today from Sephora.com. I can't get over how beautiful my skin looked, it not only hid all my imperfections, but allowed my skin to show through, with a glow. I don't normally purchase foundation over and over again, but this is truly my HG high-end foundation. Packaging quality is good due to being in a pump, took one lippie off for price, $40 is a little steep. It takes only a small amount when you stipple it on with a brush so it should last a very long time. Can't wait for it to come, my sample is almost gone! I put the lippie back on, it came in the mail and seems huge, it will last forever!!!! 5 lippies it is!!!! :)
June 19, 2011 : I just realized that I don't have to use concealer when I use this foundation. That's how awesome it is!!!!!!! I put on MAC studio sculpt and had to wipe it off and re-apply HD foudation, I skipped the concealer all together. Un-believable!!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/28/2011 7:20:00 PM More reviews by divathing

Its the best makeup out there as far as i'm concerned. I am very dark skinned and MAC doesn't even make a color for me that doesn't make me look like a red clown. Be sure to use a good primer with it (i use Monistat chafing gel cuz it works for me). It the best makeup i've ever had. It makes my skin look flawless. I hope they don't change the formula because there's no other brand out there (i've tried them ALL) that fits my color.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/28/2011 7:13:00 PM More reviews by rosietse

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Not one of my favourites. This made my skin sooo dry!! I liked that it has a pump, but it does not stay clean. The colour range is pretty good and it covers well, but the texture on the skin is gross; therefore it was not worth the price for me.

**Update: Ok, so now I feel as if I should change my review because after some changes to my skin, I feel as if this foundation redeemed itself. It goes on quite well and looks like skin when applied; which is a huge plus. I will repurchase because it does not break me out but I'm still on the lookout for a foundation that makes me feel as if I'm getting my full money's worth.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/28/2011 6:31:00 PM More reviews by floz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

How on earth does this foundation get so much hype??

I love three things about it - the amazing colour range, the fab packaging and the first 30 minutes of wear.

Sadly it ends there... This product makes my face dry and red and bumpy, and disappears after about two hours. However it's applied the coverage ends up being patchy after a while, whether I use setting powder or not.

For the price I paid (about £30) there are just so much better quality foundations available. I'm glad I tried this but I certainly won't repurchase. If you have dry, combination or sensitive skin this may not be for you.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/28/2011 6:09:00 PM More reviews by clintonmichael

I got a sample of this because I wanted to see what all the hype was about, let me just tell you - it did NOT work for me. it looked patchy and made me look dry and collected in my pores - even after exfoliating, moisturizing, and two primers. I tried it a bunch of different ways, never got even close to the outcome I expected. I tried a 190, a 187, a sponge, my fingers, one primer, two primers (the girl liked me, I got a big sample. ahaha.) it just would NOT work. I've seen this look good on a lot of people, but it just did not work on my combination skin. I would never even consider leaving the house with this on my face.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/28/2011 12:49:00 PM More reviews by haughtyishaute

I am in complete and utter love with this foundation. If I never end up getting married, I'll at least be happy that I found the one foundation I'm supposed to be using for the rest of my life, or at least for the rest of my 20's. Now I've been searching for the perfect foundation for the last 7 years and the hunt has been quite rocky. But Makeup Forever's HD foundation provides full coverage in a simple and sleekly designed bottle for a moderate price. Sure it costs $35 but the bottle has lasted me 8+ months so it's a great investment. I'm not a foundation brush fan because I believe in just using my hands and very little is needed to cover your face because it spreads easy. My favorite thing about this foundation is that it comes with a pump. I absolutely dread pouring foundation into sponges or squeezing them out of tubes. Pumps are sanitary and much more user friendly. So ladies, if you're searching for a foundation that gives you a somewhat dewy-look with full coverage and great packaging, look no more. Makeup Forever HD Foundation is it.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/25/2011 8:19:00 PM More reviews by LUXURYD0LL

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a good foundation for instant wear. To be honest it doesn't really last throughout the day, it melts off. However, the selection of foundation is fabulous. At first I was 120, currently I am 125. I would try 123, but it was too yellow for me. The coverage is medium and the color fits perfectly it really does even my skin tone. Also, the packaging is nice, I really like the pump I don't like a squeeze tube or a roll on. I would definitely purchase again however onlly when sephora has their sale cause this foundation is expensive!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/25/2011 2:14:00 PM More reviews by summrgirl720

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I bought this product after the SA in Sephora recommended it to me for my headshot shoot. I also bought the HD powder.

For the pictures themselves, this product and the powder worked fabulously. I did my own makeup for the shoot and the photog in NYC said he was very impressed and it looked great.

For real life... i could care less about this foundation.

PROS:
Love the pump dispenser
Love the consistency
Love the natural looking way it settles into the skin
Love that a little goes a long way

CONS:
Isn't very long wearing
Coverage isn't very full... more medium/sheer
Melts on me after awhile... even with a primer/powder
I get shiny wearing it due to the dewiness/natural finish

BOTTOM LINE:
It's good if you want a more 'non makeup-makeup' look (haha) or for pictures... but if you like more long lasting, fuller coverage... Revlon Colorstay or even Bare Minerals works better for me....

12/23/11 UPDATE: i went back to this foundation this winter due to its light finish, slightly moisturizing feel b/c my skin's been pretty dry using Retin A Micro. Colorstay started breaking me out :(