April 20, 2014 | 2052 users online

Palettes - Urban Decay - NAKED

rated 4 of 5 on 8/11/2011 11:38:00 PM More reviews by Simms85

NAKED is definitely worth the money. For the price, you get many versatile, high quality shadows, with no annoying random brightly colored shadows that never get used, which is my main gripe with palettes in general. I feel as though anyone from a low-maintenence makeup girl to the multiple train-case maven has use for this.

One more matte shadow might be nice, but certainly not totally necessary or expected, as Urban Decay obviously has a very different aesthetic from say, Bobbi Brown, so it's not unexpected that their concept of "NAKED" might be a little "flashier." That's not to say the shadows are all ostentatious by any stretch of the imagination, they are all blendable and workable for day, office, night, or all-out glam.

My one gripe? Effing SIDECAR. Sidecar has the potential to be gorgeous, but has enough glitter fallout (even with Primer Potion or Too Faced Shadow Insurance) to make me look like I stumbled out of an all-night rave circa 1996. Seriously, when I looked in the mirror less than 15 minutes after I applied, I briefly considered accessorizing with a glowstick and a pacifier.

Stlll, you probably need this palette. And the quality for the price is AWESOME!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/11/2011 9:17:00 PM More reviews by NYCBeauty99

So I wanted to wait until I had used all of the colors before I reviewed this product. Overall, this is a very nice palette. When it is finally all finished, I will probably try a different palette. Still, this is a very nice product.

First of all, I think it's important to write that I don't have a lot of eyeshadows. I rarely find myself needing any other eyeshadows other than the ones in the palette. I went on vacation and only once needed to go outside this palette.

I pretty much like all of the colors and have used them multiple times, except Naked. Naked is too close to my skin color, so it's pretty useless. I find myself using Half-Baked and Buck the most.

Here are my problems with the palette (and the reason that I didn't give it 5 lippies)
- The brush is terrible. Somehow it applies the shades in a very uneven manner.
-I already have a full sized tube of UDPP. So, I don't really need it. I would have liked to see it with one of the colored primers.
-I really wish it had a smokey green color.
-As I said earlier, I really don't like the color Naked. Although I'm sure it will work with different skin tones.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/11/2011 6:21:00 AM More reviews by nurali

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Although I love the neutral colours of the palette and some of them makes a good sub for MAC (halfbaked/woodwinked, toasted/sable, buck/cork, naked/kid etc) Although it looks hot there aren't many matte eyeshadows :(

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 8/11/2011 5:03:00 AM More reviews by darlie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Love the gorgeous colors in the palette. However, I'm one of very few unfortunate people who are allergic to the product. It gave me red rash after my first try. :( I wish I could use the palett though as this would make a great everyday eye makeup for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/11/2011 4:39:00 AM More reviews by caomei2

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

LOVE IT . GO GET IT IF YOU HAVENT ;)

rated 5 of 5 on 8/10/2011 10:46:00 PM More reviews by xbeautyis

This is a really great palette, and good value for the money. If your new to the makeup world this is a good palette to get you started since there all neutral basic colours so you can create a variety of looks. Its perfect for traveling everything you need is in there I just wish there were a few more matte colours, and maybe a matte highlight. If you can get your hands on this pallet i suggest picking one up.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/10/2011 10:22:00 PM More reviews by nilds019

great colours and great packaging. althought it could do with one or two more matte finish but i still love it! the pigmentation is fantastic, this palette will last me a long long time and i use it all the time. i do wish i had gotten it with the pencil instead of the brush but apparently they don't do that anymore. the brush is a good size and unlike most brushes that comes with the palettes this one is actually usable. to be able to go from day to night is so fantastic. great for travelling. best palette i have ever purchased. a must have.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/10/2011 10:21:00 PM More reviews by Evvyness

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I really do like this palette. It is quite expensive so I would some research before you buy it to make sure you would use it. The colors are great and they are pigmented, a couple im not crazy about, but overall they are great. I think it is a great palette for someone who loves neutrals, and it is also great for someone who maybe isnt crazy for plain neutrals like me!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/10/2011 9:51:00 PM More reviews by ximachikenx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I wanted the naked palette ever since before its release but I could never get my hands on it until this July. I'm a little bummed that I couldn't get the eyeliner pencils with it but I like the brush a lot. The colors are very silky and pigmented, as expected of UD eyeshadows. Every color is amazing, but I do dislike the giant glitter chunks in Sidecar, as I get a lot of fallout on my face. Because the colors are so pigmented I have to be careful with the darker colors because it's very easy to overapply. The palette is expensive but you are definitely getting your money's worth with such high quality eyeshadows. Definitely recommend for those who don't have a lot of neutral eyeshadows because there are SO many looks you can do with it :) Would definitely repurchase, yay for not being an LE palette!!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/10/2011 10:06:00 AM More reviews by brwneyedsweeti3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I read so many reviews on this product before I purchased I dont normally spend much on makeup but I wanted to try for so long I thought "why not". Some of the colors go on amazingly well. The lighter colors dont really come on too well. Eyelid primer is amazing though. Never tried to before i got this palette, but i love it! It now comes with the makeup brush not the eyeliners which is the disappointing part. Much rather of had two color eyeliners than one synthetic eyeshadow brush.