September 22, 2014 | 894 users online

Moisturizers - Philosophy - Hope in a Jar - for all skin types

rated 4 of 5 on 12/4/2007 7:46:00 PM More reviews by totthediva82

I love this stuff! I don't get to buy it often, because it is quite pricey for me, $35 a jar from Sephora. But if I could I'd bathe in it. It is the best for calming imflamation. The smell never bothered me, but my ex hated it. But luckily, he's gone now, and my new guy doesn't seem to mind when I come to bed smelling of this stuff. I'm sure adding a couple drops of tea tree oil to the jar would kill the scent without hurting the cream. Awesome year round moisturizer for all skin types, just too darn expensive!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/4/2007 2:58:00 PM More reviews by cassandrajane

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

It took me a while to get used to the smell of this (its kind of weird), but overall its a great moisturizer. My skin feels soft and supple all day and it seems to give a nice glow. Price is right too!

rated 1 of 5 on 12/4/2007 1:18:00 PM More reviews by mommygirl156

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I've tried and tried this cream over and over again. Each time I use it, my face breaks out. It's expensive and has a really weird smell to it. I guess some like it, but I don't. It's almost sickening to me. Maybe if it was fragrance free and had an Spf in it, I would stick with it longer...but I think for now...I'll skip buying this one again!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/3/2007 3:03:00 PM More reviews by Smacdonald

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I also don't understand how this gets low reviews! I really love this moisturizer and find myself going back to time and time again. I love how it melts into the skin so quickly and leaves my skin glowing!!! I have never broken out from this product and the only thing I don't like is the container and how we have to dip our fingers into it. Other than that, my HG!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/2/2007 12:28:00 PM More reviews by makeupjunkie5349

I am a little surprised that this didn't get a higher rating than it did. This is my HG moisturizer. I only have to use a TINY bit of this product on my skin. I purchased it while it was still hot outside, and I almost found it to be too moisturizing, even though it's 99% oil free. Now that the winter months are here, it's been perfect. I've been using it along with Purity Made Simple cleanser, and my face looks wonderful and has cleared up so much. Will definitely repurchase!

rated 1 of 5 on 11/28/2007 8:02:00 PM More reviews by JulieLance

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Other, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have dry, sensitive skin and this made me break out so bad after about three nights...I tried for a while longer hoping it would settle down but it never did. So far, very disappointed in Philosophy....

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/27/2007 10:46:00 PM More reviews by fermidiracgirl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Ive been using this for 2 weeks. Its very nice! Very light and fluffy, so its easy to use too much. If I used too much my nose will be oily mid-day. It sinks in very very quickly and gives just the perfect amount of moisture, and feels like I have on nothing at all. The smell - most people really complain, but its not bad at ALL. Its kind of a mix between musty and earthy. I actually like the smell for some reason. The price is rather rediculous $38 for a 2 oz jar... but whatever. I havent been using it long enough to notice a brightening from the lactic acid, but I'd really like to keep using this. Oh, I have combo/dry acne-prone skin, and this hasnt given me any pimples. Overall, its a very nice moisturizer, I use it AM (under my sunscreen) and PM (mixed with my retin A to buffer it). Its lovely.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/27/2007 10:07:00 AM More reviews by vivi11

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I tried this for 3 days & my face always looked oily. It seemed to not absorb very well. Then I broke out in whiteheads so that was it for me...back to the store.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/26/2007 2:09:00 PM More reviews by nicolley77

i love this moisturizer. i use it at night, but not morning as i'm not sure that it would do well underneath my makeup. it is perfect for my combo/oily skin (i don't think it would be enough for dry skin). i love the whipped texture, and the smell is not offensive to me. using this after doing the microdelivery peel, then going to sleep, makes my skin look and feel amazing when i wake up. just try not to get this near your eye area or it will sting for sure.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/25/2007 3:59:00 PM More reviews by amenakin_skywalker

This product is simply AMAZING. I bought it after I heard that it was recommended to those who had undergone surgery, since the cream helped the healing process. Plus, my friend had commented on the fact that it had helped to clear up some pigmentation she had, as well as some marks left on her face by spots.
I don't really have the above 2 problems, but I did have dry patched on my skin, and, of course, if a moisturiser could have the ability to totally even out my skin tone, I wouldn't say "no" to it!
Yes, the 'Hope in a Jar' stinks like.. well.. something ruh-ealllllly stinky. My hubby doesn't appreciate the smell... but that's not gonna make me deduct a lippy!
You don't need much of the cream, since it's quite spread-able. The way it works it that the formula gently exfoliates your skin every time you use it, so, over a number of weeks/months, the overall appearance of the skin is more even and smooth. I've found this exact result, albeit a very subtle one. My dry patches are gone, with continual use of the 'hope in a jar' and l'occitane face mask. I don't have particularly bad skin, so I don't know if this moisturiser has the ability to totally transform a face, but I'd definitely recommend giving it a go.
I now use this as a night-time face treatment, and it's wonderful. Overpriced and stinky, but wonderful.