August 27, 2014 | 1827 users online

Moisturizers - Philosophy - Hope in a Jar - for all skin types

rated 1 of 5 on 11/28/2007 8:02:00 PM More reviews by JulieLance

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Other, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have dry, sensitive skin and this made me break out so bad after about three nights...I tried for a while longer hoping it would settle down but it never did. So far, very disappointed in Philosophy....

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/27/2007 10:46:00 PM More reviews by fermidiracgirl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Ive been using this for 2 weeks. Its very nice! Very light and fluffy, so its easy to use too much. If I used too much my nose will be oily mid-day. It sinks in very very quickly and gives just the perfect amount of moisture, and feels like I have on nothing at all. The smell - most people really complain, but its not bad at ALL. Its kind of a mix between musty and earthy. I actually like the smell for some reason. The price is rather rediculous $38 for a 2 oz jar... but whatever. I havent been using it long enough to notice a brightening from the lactic acid, but I'd really like to keep using this. Oh, I have combo/dry acne-prone skin, and this hasnt given me any pimples. Overall, its a very nice moisturizer, I use it AM (under my sunscreen) and PM (mixed with my retin A to buffer it). Its lovely.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/27/2007 10:07:00 AM More reviews by vivi11

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I tried this for 3 days & my face always looked oily. It seemed to not absorb very well. Then I broke out in whiteheads so that was it for me...back to the store.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/26/2007 2:09:00 PM More reviews by nicolley77

i love this moisturizer. i use it at night, but not morning as i'm not sure that it would do well underneath my makeup. it is perfect for my combo/oily skin (i don't think it would be enough for dry skin). i love the whipped texture, and the smell is not offensive to me. using this after doing the microdelivery peel, then going to sleep, makes my skin look and feel amazing when i wake up. just try not to get this near your eye area or it will sting for sure.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/25/2007 3:59:00 PM More reviews by amenakin_skywalker

This product is simply AMAZING. I bought it after I heard that it was recommended to those who had undergone surgery, since the cream helped the healing process. Plus, my friend had commented on the fact that it had helped to clear up some pigmentation she had, as well as some marks left on her face by spots.
I don't really have the above 2 problems, but I did have dry patched on my skin, and, of course, if a moisturiser could have the ability to totally even out my skin tone, I wouldn't say "no" to it!
Yes, the 'Hope in a Jar' stinks like.. well.. something ruh-ealllllly stinky. My hubby doesn't appreciate the smell... but that's not gonna make me deduct a lippy!
You don't need much of the cream, since it's quite spread-able. The way it works it that the formula gently exfoliates your skin every time you use it, so, over a number of weeks/months, the overall appearance of the skin is more even and smooth. I've found this exact result, albeit a very subtle one. My dry patches are gone, with continual use of the 'hope in a jar' and l'occitane face mask. I don't have particularly bad skin, so I don't know if this moisturiser has the ability to totally transform a face, but I'd definitely recommend giving it a go.
I now use this as a night-time face treatment, and it's wonderful. Overpriced and stinky, but wonderful.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/24/2007 11:06:00 PM More reviews by khourianya

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

I am so in love with Hope in a Jar! I used to use Cliniques Dramatically Different for years and years because it was the only moisturizer that didn't break me out. It did an ok job, but since I started using Hope in a Jar, it is like I have new skin!

Yes, it's pricey...but you can always pick it up for a good deal on ebay. For what it has done for my skin I will always have Hope on my vanity table.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/24/2007 1:53:00 AM More reviews by Jenshwa

I received a sample of this product through Sephora... loved it (at first). Then I bought the jar and am convinced the product is not the same. It feels waxy and the smell - AWFUL! I also noticed more blackheads and clogged pores. I would not purchase again.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/22/2007 6:52:00 PM More reviews by ren_kr

when i first tried this, it worked wonderfully on my almost perfect skin with some dry patches in the winter. But the only thing that bothered me was the strong chemical smell (my bf also always complained). But i after my 2nd and 3rd jar, (the smaller jar), it just didn't seem to work for my skin anymore. I still have some left over so i guess i'll try it out again after my skin stops acting up.

UPDATE:: Ever since adult acne has hit me (why couldn't my hormones do this in my teens...WHY), I bought a travel size of this to make sure that my skin wouldn't act up to it (since it has been insanely sensitive and prone to pore clogging galore). I now find it now moisturizing enough but it didn't clog pores. I gave it to my mother to try and she doesn't find it moisturizing enough even as a day cream - she has smooth dry skin with just age spots. So, if you're expecting a highly intensive cream, this is not it. I don't recommend for dry skin unless you're looking for a light moisturizer.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/20/2007 4:37:00 PM More reviews by SammiBella32

I received this moisturizer as part of a set and tried it out just to see what it was like not really expecting anything. It really is a great moisturizer and does improve the appearance of your skin. I've found that I really I only need to use it every other night before I go to sleep. The only thing I hate is the smell.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/20/2007 2:05:00 AM More reviews by kimberpoo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Ok, I like this product. My only complaint is that for extra-dry skinned gals like me, if you have a very flaky dry patch you will have to put another moisturizer on that patch. other than that, this is a great everyday extra-lightweight moisturizer. dries fast, feels like you have nothing on your face (not sticky at all). gives you that extra dab of moisture you need after washing your face so you don't feel dry or tight, just clean. nice. I really hate the way it smells....imo like wet dog with lemon cleaner. the scent is very strong and lingers for a very long time after application, so I really wish they could change that. The moisturizer does not break me out, cause any redness, clog my pores, or sting my eyes. I think that paired with purity, my skin is able to breathe and it feels better (and looks better!) than it has in a very long time.