January 31, 2015 | 2059 users online

Moisturizers - Philosophy - Hope in a Jar - for all skin types

rated 1 of 5 on 12/23/2007 7:54:00 PM More reviews by rabss

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

worst moisturizer i have ever used. i had never had skin problems until i tried this ridiculous product. my mum gave it to me for christmas last year and as soon as i started using it my 20somthing, previously clear skin broke out in comedeones and cystic acne almost right away. i had seen it featured on oprah so i fooled myself into thinking that it would eventually get better but 3 weeks into it but NO it totally wrecked my skin and it has never been the same.
have since dabbled with several other products and have settled on la mer.
my point is, this is a horrible product that wrecked my skin. dont bother with it.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/23/2007 12:45:00 PM More reviews by Flitter

Ok, so I love this stuff! Which is a shock to even me. About a year ago, I got a small sample from Sephora---and I hated it. I tried it on, I thought it stunk to high heaven, and it burned my eyes. No more! I said--I had enough. And I put it in a drawer to never be seen from again.

Until one day, about 9 months later...something made me want to try it again. So I slathered it on one night and went to bed. I woke up the next morning, and looked in the mirror. Was it my imagination, or did my skin actually look better? After one night?! This seemed crazy to me.. the changes were subtle, of course, but they were there! There was a nice glow and smoothness to my skin that I had not seen before. Needless to say, I am hooked on this stuff now, and use it every night before I hit the bed. I don't use it for its moisturizing properties--as I find that it does not do a great job of that (and I use Paula's Choice Gel Moisturizer during the day), however, as a night treatment for skin it is AMAZING!!

rated 2 of 5 on 12/21/2007 4:06:00 PM More reviews by elletell00

My mom bought this for me a couple months ago, and I finally decided to give it a try last week. It did moisturized, but it also made me breakout! I have acne prone skin, but I've never had a flair up this bad.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/19/2007 3:12:00 AM More reviews by KatieBABY

Ugh. It feels like it leaves a film on my skin- and it doesnt even seep into my skin. This is probably a good moisturizer for someone that is just starting skincare- like 13 year old girl. It smells good though. What is the big deal? Really???? I would do better with Oil of Olay.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/14/2007 9:40:00 AM More reviews by saturninus

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I wanted to love this product so much, but it really doesn't do anything. Nothing close all the great miracles it is supposed to do. It was also too light, and didn't keep my skin moisturized at all.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/12/2007 10:58:00 PM More reviews by reallyafaerie

I wanted to love this lotion, but I actually hate it. Not only did it do nothing for my dry, slightly acne prone skin, it smells awful. And it's a lingering smell that stays for the better part of the day. It has a rotting herb smell. It's also a very light lotion. It looks like it'd be creamy, but it's not. It sat on my skin and didn't sink in. And I don't like that I have to dip my fingers into it. I'd much rather a pump so I don't transfer dirt into the container. This one is just not at all for me. I will never buy it again.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/10/2007 6:28:00 PM More reviews by murphyks

I really wanted to like this product. The texture of it seems almost whipped and I thought it would feel really good on my skin. However, my skin did not like this product at all. It made my skin oilier and it broke me out. Other cons of this product were the smell and the product packaging (I would have preferred a pump or tube -- something where I didn't have to put my fingers into the whole jar). I think my skin is just to oily and acne prone to benefit from this product. Fortunately, I gave my two Hope in a Jars to my mom who has mature, dry skin and she loves it.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/10/2007 10:44:00 AM More reviews by Kimber7

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

THE SMELL! OMG I had to wash my face off, I honestly felt like a wet dog was sitting on my face. I have no idea how it works, I couldn't keep it on long enough....GAG.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/10/2007 1:19:00 AM More reviews by armywife03

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

nop sorry this moiturizer its not a OO WHAOOO!!! my forhead broke out and no i wont buy again im so tired of searching thru moiturizers have tried high brands now im just trying aveeno will see if this works.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/9/2007 11:34:00 AM More reviews by laurentothemax

i'm so on the fence about this product. i use it in conjunction with paula's choice 2% bha and the purity cleanser. sometimes after using hope in a jar i wake up in the morning with glorious, glowing amazing clear skin. other times i wake up with a whole constellation of weird inflamed whiteheads on my cheek. i vacillate so much between nicole kidman and rocky dennis (from mask with cher) that i just want to throw my hands in the air and give up entirely. i suppose i will keep using it until i'm out of this jar, and all hope has run out.