October 1, 2014 | 1818 users online

Liquid - Make Up For Ever - Mat Velvet + Matifying Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 4/11/2004 3:54:00 PM More reviews by Scatterot

I love this foundation! I have been trying out many foundations and this may very well be my HG foundation. It gives excellent coverage. My sister even commented on how it makes my skin look clear. I have acne scars and this covers them up very well. My only complaint is that my bottle leaks and for the cost of this I don't want to be wasting any of it.

Update: I live in Texas and it gets VERY hot. I went to a party with no AC and this stuff seemed to melt right off. I'm going to have to start looking for a new foundation because this isn't going to work in the summer. I still recommend it though.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/9/2004 6:54:00 PM More reviews by Scarlett_Canada

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This stuff is el-garbagio. I should have never strayed from my HG, but I read the raves on here, and I thought maybe my oily skin would truly be saved forever.

First of all, the colour selection sucks. The MA recommended one that is far too dark for my skin and now I'll have to buy a base to counteract the J-LO foundation. 2nd of all, I didn't notice any lack of oilies - same ole, same ole. Thirdly it's very heavy and feels "fake" on my skin.

I usually love Make Up For Ever products, but I don't like this one.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/4/2004 6:56:00 AM More reviews by anne003

I think at last I may have found my HG foundation in the MUFE mat velvet. After using La prairie caviar concealor foundation for the last 6 months and being fairly impressed with it, although the downside was that even the lightest shade porcelain blush was a bit too pink on me. I decided to try Mat velvet after reading the rave reviews on here, and wasn't disappointed. It goes on just as well as la prairie, as it is very creamy, and gives excellent buildable coverage which is def medium to heavy side. Also loved that the colour choice available is more yellow based, rather than pink which suits me perfectly.I have this in the lightest shade available 8 ivory, and it blends in to perfection.I highly recommend this one, and will definately repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/29/2004 6:19:00 AM More reviews by chi77

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I tried the tester at the counter and fell instantly in love with its "velvety" texture. It goes on really smooth and covers flawlessly. My perfect match was 01 Porcelain (LLL with neutral undertone). This is great for oily/combi/acne-prone skin cause it goes on very matte. **UPDATE** After trying liquid foundations for over a decade, I must say that this is one of the best in COVERAGE and texture. After trying the tester more than a month ago, I decided to splurge on a bottle just before Christmas. I adore this and it's definitely my HG. The shade 01 is perfect (NC20 MAC Studiofix, Revlon Colorstay "Buff", Chanel DPF "limpide", Estee Double Wear "Bone"). It wears the entire day, does not feel heavy and does not oxidize and better still - NO BREAKOUT! I am truly very pleased for the first time that I've finally managed to find a great foundation.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/12/2004 6:08:00 PM More reviews by c_cassano

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

wow, great foundation :) it has spf 20, evens out my skin tone completely, covers blemishes, and does not clog my pores or cause break-outs (if anything, it may be preventing pimples). it looks pretty natural and stays matte for a long time if used with a light dusting of powder overtop. i do have to touch up with powder every so often throughout the day, but that's fine because it's not realistic to believe any foundation product will keep your face matte for 12 hours, unless it's the consistency of plaster! the shade i have is Ivory 8, which matches my skintone perfectly. i have never liked liquid foundations in the past but this one has totally changed my mind.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/11/2004 1:03:00 AM More reviews by Leny0979

I really like this foundation. It covers my imperfections and yet does not make me look too made up. The texture is thick but it does not make my skin feels suffocated. It also does not cause breakouts. I like that it has spf 20 and I found the perfect color match in #1. I still have to blot about 3 to 4 times a day, which to me is still okay since I used to blot more often when I use other foundation. I will definitely re-purchase this foundation.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/10/2004 12:15:00 PM More reviews by Pamann

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

(update/edit) I've now used this foundation for over a year, and am elevating it to HG status. My skin type: oily/ combo/ acne prone.I also have large pores on my nose and immediate cheek area.This does not break me out. I would describe the coverage as full to medium- it easily and naturally covers any skin discoloration or blemish without any additional concealer.
It has a lot of slip to it(silicones) which gives me the smoothest finish I've ever accomplished. Also very long lasting--if I apply PC skin balancing moisturizer under, my skin stays mostly matte all day! SPF of 20 with Titanium Dioxide. I do apply additional sunscreen under(not to my T, however).The best foundation ever! Many, many repurchases!!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/4/2004 8:26:00 PM More reviews by locutus137

I love this foundation. I'm still searching for my holy grail, but on my search I keep coming back to this after the others fail me.

It covers very well. I have combo/oily skin and it lasts all day on me - with few powder touch-ups needed.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/25/2004 8:55:00 PM More reviews by Karlee

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is a heavy foundation, so a little goes a long way! It worked best when applied with a sponge, with a light dusting of loose powder on top. I have oily, acne-prone skin with large pores, and this product works well for me. It covers red nicely, the shade blends with my skintone, and it has GREAT staying power - even through several hours, and lots of oil breakthrough. It did not cause me to breakout. A few cons, though: It leaves an oily residue, which surprised me considering it is oil free (blotting with a tissue before the loose powder helped). And it has absolutely no oil-control. Also, the color range is not great. If you are lucky one of the colors may be a match for you. And finally, the dipper thing attached to the cap is just plain annoying. UPDATE - I had to stop using this due to excessive oil problems. I am oily to begin with, and this just made my problem that much worse. It was like my face would produce double the oil, as soon as I put this on. Perhaps it is the SPF?

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/8/2004 4:35:00 PM More reviews by Hedd

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Excellent coverage for medium to full look. Very good color selection for yellow undertone skin (like myself). Good texture and light feeling on skin. And it does not break me out! ;)

Update: After an hour the product oxidized on my tan skin and I end up orange and with an oil slick all over my face.