July 28, 2014 | 1815 users online

Liquid - Make Up For Ever - Mat Velvet + Matifying Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 12/31/2003 9:40:00 PM More reviews by merganser

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is very nice. I've only worn it a few times but so far I love the results. I found a good color match in #1. It holds up well on my skin which is combo with a rather oily t-zone. It covers well but still looks natural.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/20/2003 11:31:00 PM More reviews by firesyren

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is a great matte foundation. I, with oily skin, wore it all day, with no blots or touch ups needed ever. It wore like nothing I have ever used. The foundation itself is very runny and not heavy. It appeared too dark in the bottle, but once I started blending, it magically changed to a much lighter color! Very odd! The shade I chose, #8, is great for a pale person like me, and is a good neutral, non-pink ivory color. It didn't streak, didn't settle into any fine lines, and made my skin look flawless. I wish it had a pump dispenser. UPDATE: Cannot wear this anymore because it is so matte, and accentuates any dry flakes, as my skin has changed. I am no longer as oliy as I used to be. This is still a fine alternative to something like Colorstay.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/6/2003 10:47:00 AM More reviews by Kellyp

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I LOVE this foundation! It really comes in some decent colors. I mistakenly chose #1 first, but it had too much gray in it. I called the MUFE Boutique in Manhattan for some advice on descriptions of colors and she highly suggested the #8 and it is totally perfect, neutral nice ivory color, not yellow, not pink just perfect and it truly does give you the look of PERFECT Skin! I also bought the Face and Body but I'm not as crazy about it as I am for the Mat Velvet, which lasts all day long.
I will definitely buy this again, as long as I don't wind up getting dried out from it. I have normal skin, which tends to get drier in the winter. Just a key note: The SA at the MUFE Boutique also suggested using a light layer of the Face and body and just put the Mat Velvet on where you want a little extra coverage, or apply it with a damp sponge for sheerer coverage. I may give this a try.
UPDATE: I loved this one and the Face and Body one, however, after a week of using them, they caused some MAJOR cystic acne on me. Such a bummer, because I guess if I didn't have sensitive skin, they would have been PERFECT!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/3/2003 8:32:00 PM More reviews by cookiegal

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Wow! this has got to be one of the best foundations out there, im a PPP, with sensitve, acne prone skin, which is oily, but has a lot of surface flakies from acne products--and this foundation makes me look like i have flawless skin! it doesnt get greasy, yet doesnt highlight any dry spots either--perfect! one bad thing is that the bottle sends to leak if it falls over tho, watch out!

rated 1 of 5 on 11/27/2003 4:51:00 PM More reviews by veggigoddess

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Got this is #2 which is supposed to be a light beige. It's actually a very deep carmel tofee color! Very bad! It's about 5 shades darker then the color swatch on Sephora! So far I am completely un-impressed with Sephora. Have yet to actually keep an item from them.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/8/2003 12:20:00 PM More reviews by littlecargo

it's coverage is perfect for day time use , but the colour doesn't match me so much , it 's little bit pink~~

i suggest to use MUFA make up base before applying this foundation~

rated 5 of 5 on 10/18/2003 4:31:00 PM More reviews by AnnieMO

This is my HG foundation! I am a PPP/FFF (depending if I am wearing self tanner) with oily and acne prone skin. This foundation makes me look flawless. I love it! It's a wonderful matte look, but not cakey. The consistency is great. Perfect for problem skin like mine : )!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/13/2003 4:14:00 PM More reviews by girlie_grrl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This foundation created a flawless look for me but it was a little heavy. It gives a 'dewey' finish, very satin-y. Definitely medium to heavy coverage.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/29/2003 4:14:00 PM More reviews by Lipglossdoll

I have this in shade #8, one of the lightest shades available. It is more neutral to yellow based. Long-wearing and a nice, matte finish. Medium to more full coverage as well. A great foundation, but I put that I would not repurchase it, as I have a few other foundations that I prefer to this one.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/21/2003 3:15:00 PM More reviews by rinie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I got a sample/tester from Sephora and well, I really like it.
It covers all my blemishes and it doesn't look like I wear a mask. A full coverage yes (I prefer full coverage). It stays for a whole day on my oily skin! I am going to buy one and definitely will keep it!!! :)