December 20, 2014 | 1729 users online

Liquid - Make Up For Ever - Mat Velvet + Matifying Foundation

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/22/2004 5:27:00 PM More reviews by PeggyA

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have many foundations and this is one that I rate good, okay but not fabulous or perfect. I have clear skin so I only use a little and I always apply foundaton with a foundation brush. I have an oily t-zone and don't notice that this foundation is any better than any other for controlling oil down the middle of my face. I still have to use my handy clean and clear blotting tissues after a couple of hours. This foundation does not not give me a really matte look but that may be because I am applying very little to my face since I my goal is just to even out my complexion a little. I use this foundation often but to be honest I have so many others (and there are new ones out there I am wanting to try) and because this one does not stand out in some significant way I will most likely not repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/10/2004 9:21:00 PM More reviews by katm11

I just got a sephora sample of matt velvet #8 and I absolutely love it! I applied it w/my finger tips sort of patting it in. A little goes a long way. It melted right into my skin. My skin looks flawless and I love the weightless way this foundation feels. It smooths out my skin. Most every foundation I've tried (except MAC studio fix powder n3) looks cakey on my cheeks where I'm dry and oily everywhere else. This does not. I'll see how this wears in the long run. So far I'm loving it!.....Well I had to remove a lippie because I don't love it anymore-in the long run it didn't work for me-but that's why I love this site-I buy things like them for a few days and swap em.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/25/2004 12:34:00 AM More reviews by blusandie

I really Love this foundation. The only draw back is it will get very very oily (even within an hour of putting it on) so you need a good powder to put over it. It is real velvety and has a good matte feel and look to it!!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/29/2004 12:30:00 PM More reviews by PinkButterflies01

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

LOVE this foundation! I was always disappointed in every foundation I tried and now wouldn't use anything else. You can wear it as heavy or lightly as you want and it makes my skin glow. I have combo skin and couldn't be happier with this.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/24/2004 4:13:00 PM More reviews by Ilse333

"Matte" and "velvet" are beautiful words to me but this did not take to my skin at all. Instead it behaved much like another disappointment, Chanel DPF - it looked good for an hour then melted off in patches, leaving me with this weird mottled face. My skin is combo-normal and 37 and I live in a hot climate; I had hoped this would provide me with at least a uniform matte finish but after trying it with different moisturizers, primer/no primer, etc., I've concluded this just does not work for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/11/2004 9:51:00 PM More reviews by xtah7

this is the BEST foundation i have ever tried. i have golden skintone (asian) and shade No. 4 is perfect for my complexion because it has enough yellow undertone. other foundations i have tried are always way too pink for me. in contrast to others who might hate the weird spetula thing in the bottle, i actually LOVE IT because i can dip the perfect amount onto the back of my hands without spilling the whole bottle over. i also love the velvety texture that is matte enough but NOT cakey so my face look real. it is completely BUILDABLE so i can camouflage my spots with the thicker texture on the rim of the bottle after spreading a thin layer allover my face. i also love it that it has SPF 20 because i'm super lazy and hate putting millions of products onto my face. i have oily skintone and some breakouts and this one definitely doesn't cause any trouble, AND stays luminously matte for about 3-4 hours before i have to blot my face with blotting paper. staying power is really good - didn't smudge throughout the day and never smudges onto my blotting papers. TOO BAD shade No. 4 has been discontinued within the USA so i have my mom send over several bottles a time from Asia when i need more. oh, it's also perfect with the KEVYN AUCOIN SKIN ENHANCER in SX-11 (identical color) if you want extra concealer for tough spots.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/4/2004 6:12:00 PM More reviews by dulcinea14

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this stuff. Light texture and you can layer it for more coverage. The color I got looks great on me and the matte coverage works well with my horribly oily skin, especially now that it's summer!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/30/2004 9:39:00 PM More reviews by Alydimes25

I purchased this foundation over a year ago and just the other day I finally ran out. It is a good product, offers a pretty, natural coverage and isn't too sheer. The consistency is perfect but I find the colors are a bit off...it made my face look more orangey throughout the day than I like, even though when I first put it on it looked nice. Makes the skin oily too, throughout the day...possibly made me break out, but that could also be from other products I used. So overall, I'm undecided. It's great in terms of coverage, bad in terms of its changability over the course of a day. I only put makeup on once---no reapplications or touch ups, so maybe if I was more of a touch-up type this stuff would still look great by days end.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/28/2004 10:46:00 AM More reviews by beachkitty79

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

My only complaint about this is the bottle with the dipstick. It is just annoying. It would be perfect without it. The sales person in Sephora told me that this foundation is best applied with your fingers, but I have had good results with a foundation brush. This provides very good coverage without feeling heavy. You don't have to use a lot of this. A little bit goes a long way, so never fear about the $36 price tag. Shade #1 is a perfect match for my skin. UPDATE: I understand why they say this should be applied with the fingers. You can hardly wash it off your foundation brush! The more I've used this, the more I've seen that it doesn't seem to have good "long-wearing" power, so I'm taking off a lippie.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/10/2004 11:30:00 PM More reviews by PurplePrincessa

I tried this foundation and it works great if you want full coverage- it's very thick.