Lancome Definicils High Definition Mascara

3.7

Aqua/Water, Paraffin, Cera Alba/Beeswax, Acacia/Acacia Senegal Gum, Stearic Acid, Carnauba/Carnauba Wax, Palmitic Acid, Triethanolamine, Simethicone, Sodium Polymethacrylate, Aminomethyl Propanediol, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Panthenol, Polyquaternium-10, Imidazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, BHT. [ /- May contain: CI 77007/Ultramarines, CI 77492, CI 77499, CI 77491/Iron Oxides]

on 1/14/2005 3:02:00 AM

I got a GWP of this recently and I decided to try (why not, right?)... Anyway, not sure on the price, but this is definitely a great product. Only two swipes it lengthens incredibly & gives them some "oomph" (not a ton of thickening, but just enough)...I don't have sparse lashes, but they are nothing more than average. I will be purchasing a tube of this when I run out of my sample... Lets hope that a full size tube does not fail me... I tend to like sample size mascaras, but when I get a full size it never compares... **crosses fingers** I will update if the full size fails me.

UPDATE: Okay, I have decided I don't like this (yeah, in just one day)... It flakes big time.

on 1/12/2005 5:09:00 PM

Best mascara I've used but not sure if it's the best out there. I guess I'm tired of trying new products that just gets worse and worse and waste my money. The packaging sucks though, just black and ugly design. Holds up the curls nicely without much effort, and not drying. Update: I don't think this is my favourite mascaras as I have oily eyelids and it smudges below my eyes.

on 1/9/2005 12:56:00 AM

This is so far the best mascara I have found. It does a decent job of lengthening and seperating my lashes, has a nice color and doesn't clump terribly.

on 1/7/2005 4:59:00 PM

I have been on a quest for my HG mascara. After trying mascaras ranging from high end (YSL Faux Cils, DiorShow, Lancome Hypnose, Shiseido Lasting Lift) to d/s (L'Oreal Voluminous, Maybelline Volum'Express, Annabelle Magnifeye) and *now Definicils* - I have come to the conclusion that YSL's faux cils is simply the best. Definicils is all right - I would take it over no mascara at all - but it didn't really thicken lashes, didn't separate lashes, didn't fan out the lashes, and clumped. So essentially all it has going for it is its colour. And despite the Lancome MA's assurance that this was their best for separating and fanning, I feel quite confident in telling you that this mascara does *not* in fact separate or fan. At all. I tried doing The Twirl (starting at the base of lashes, twirling up), The ZigZag (starting at base of lashes & going left then right with the wand as you move up the lashes) and the 'ol just apply upwards. None worked. Each time I had to grab my eyelash comb & separate the lashes. Both DiorShow & YSL Faux Cils fan and separate like a dream!! After spending far too much of my hard earned money on big losers, I'm going back to Faux Cils & never looking back.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This is a great mascara. It is your basic needs mascara, it does not clump, it does not burn your eyes, it does not cause "raccoon eye" and best of all, it comes right off when you are washing your face! This is the workhorse mascara of the Lancome line.

You know, I think some of us are on to something. I love the sample size of this--it was perfect (I prefer a separating, non-clumping, lengthening mascara--don't care too much for super-thickening formulas.) But when I bought a full-sized product, I found that it performed differently. You have to be very careful to make sure the applicator doesn't have any globs of product on it before applying, or you're sunk with three clumped-together eyelashes. It performs better, I've found, if the excess is swiped off of the wand before applying. But, really, what a pain!

on 12/31/2004 4:51:00 PM

This USED to be my FAVORITE mascara of all time...until recently. I SWEAR they changed the formula to this. I worked for Lancome and of course they deny changing anything, but I KNOW my mascara! What used to be my favorite does nothing for me now! It is supposed to lengthen and seperate lashes and all it does now is seperate, giving a spiderwebby, gooey look. yuck. Also, the price is outrageous for something they recommend you change every 3 months.

on 12/29/2004 11:44:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This is the best mascara I have ever used. I first used it borrowed from a friend (which probably isnt so heigenic i guess) when i left my maybelliene stuff at home. It's almost like combing your lashes then putting on mascara, it separates them that well. The packaging is cute too, with the little lancome flower. Probably my HG. Certain stores give the samples out left and right, so if you're lucky you can get it this way. Otherwise it's awfully expensive, but I'll buy it again.

on 12/29/2004 4:48:00 PM

I got this as a sample, not real sure about it yet, seems to be ok, kinda clumpy, will have to see how it does after awhile

on 12/23/2004 5:45:00 PM

I recieved this mascara as a GWP and I like this mascara. I would repurchase this if my old stand by ever gets discontinued (the W'n'W in a gaudy pink & white tube), I am still searching for my HG mascara. So many formulas so little time I guess. :)