Lancome Definicils High Definition Mascara

3.7

Aqua/Water, Paraffin, Cera Alba/Beeswax, Acacia/Acacia Senegal Gum, Stearic Acid, Carnauba/Carnauba Wax, Palmitic Acid, Triethanolamine, Simethicone, Sodium Polymethacrylate, Aminomethyl Propanediol, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Panthenol, Polyquaternium-10, Imidazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, BHT. [ /- May contain: CI 77007/Ultramarines, CI 77492, CI 77499, CI 77491/Iron Oxides]

on 1/23/2005 7:14:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I do not like Definicils Mascara. The color is not quite Black, almost grey black. And I find that it flakes and irritates my eyes. I'm not sure how Lancome's mascara became the best seller in Macy's? It's not anything special.

on 1/20/2005 1:13:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This mascara is amazing. It doesn't smudge or clump and makes your lashes look soooo long!! I've been using it for years. I recommend using their Cils Booster lash primer underneath it too. I find it makes your lashes look even longer and fuller and makes the mascara go on smoother without ever getting flaky. Great Great product!

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This is by far the best mascara I've tried. Mascara tends to rub off underneath my eyes, but this one does not. It lenghtens perfectly and has a great color. Doesn't flake off or anything.
I love this stuff.

on 1/18/2005 5:53:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Great. mascaras have a tendency to slide off me (must be the oily lids) even waterproof ones ( especially estee lauder - yuk) but this just stays all day before I have the tell tale smudge under the eye! will buy again and again as my everyday mascara. Want to try Helena Rubenstein mascara though.

on 1/14/2005 3:02:00 AM

I got a GWP of this recently and I decided to try (why not, right?)... Anyway, not sure on the price, but this is definitely a great product. Only two swipes it lengthens incredibly & gives them some "oomph" (not a ton of thickening, but just enough)...I don't have sparse lashes, but they are nothing more than average. I will be purchasing a tube of this when I run out of my sample... Lets hope that a full size tube does not fail me... I tend to like sample size mascaras, but when I get a full size it never compares... **crosses fingers** I will update if the full size fails me.

UPDATE: Okay, I have decided I don't like this (yeah, in just one day)... It flakes big time.

on 1/12/2005 5:09:00 PM

Best mascara I've used but not sure if it's the best out there. I guess I'm tired of trying new products that just gets worse and worse and waste my money. The packaging sucks though, just black and ugly design. Holds up the curls nicely without much effort, and not drying. Update: I don't think this is my favourite mascaras as I have oily eyelids and it smudges below my eyes.

on 1/9/2005 12:56:00 AM

This is so far the best mascara I have found. It does a decent job of lengthening and seperating my lashes, has a nice color and doesn't clump terribly.

on 1/7/2005 4:59:00 PM

I have been on a quest for my HG mascara. After trying mascaras ranging from high end (YSL Faux Cils, DiorShow, Lancome Hypnose, Shiseido Lasting Lift) to d/s (L'Oreal Voluminous, Maybelline Volum'Express, Annabelle Magnifeye) and *now Definicils* - I have come to the conclusion that YSL's faux cils is simply the best. Definicils is all right - I would take it over no mascara at all - but it didn't really thicken lashes, didn't separate lashes, didn't fan out the lashes, and clumped. So essentially all it has going for it is its colour. And despite the Lancome MA's assurance that this was their best for separating and fanning, I feel quite confident in telling you that this mascara does *not* in fact separate or fan. At all. I tried doing The Twirl (starting at the base of lashes, twirling up), The ZigZag (starting at base of lashes & going left then right with the wand as you move up the lashes) and the 'ol just apply upwards. None worked. Each time I had to grab my eyelash comb & separate the lashes. Both DiorShow & YSL Faux Cils fan and separate like a dream!! After spending far too much of my hard earned money on big losers, I'm going back to Faux Cils & never looking back.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This is a great mascara. It is your basic needs mascara, it does not clump, it does not burn your eyes, it does not cause "raccoon eye" and best of all, it comes right off when you are washing your face! This is the workhorse mascara of the Lancome line.

You know, I think some of us are on to something. I love the sample size of this--it was perfect (I prefer a separating, non-clumping, lengthening mascara--don't care too much for super-thickening formulas.) But when I bought a full-sized product, I found that it performed differently. You have to be very careful to make sure the applicator doesn't have any globs of product on it before applying, or you're sunk with three clumped-together eyelashes. It performs better, I've found, if the excess is swiped off of the wand before applying. But, really, what a pain!