April 16, 2014 | 939 users online

Mascara - Lancome - Definicils Mascara

rated 4 of 5 on 11/6/2004 1:21:00 PM More reviews by moonfairy1580

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I got this in the GWP bag, and I LOVE it. It gives my lashes the spider legs that I never thought I could get. I won't ever buy the full size, because I am cheap, but I will buy the GWP off ebay. It takes me forever to use up the GWP size anyway.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/6/2004 12:27:00 AM More reviews by AnnaRaven

I hate this stuff. It made my lashes clump up and stick together. Throughout the day bits of the mascara were flaking off into my eyes. It was awful. I would never use this stuff again.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/4/2004 10:46:00 PM More reviews by mayag

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

A Mascara with the same aspirations as Chanel's Extracils Mascara (see review): to curl, lengthen, and separate. The results of Definicils are indeed similar, but with more separation and lengthening power, and less curling. The formula, though, resembles Extracils: cream-gel. Another important feature of Definicils is the exta-long and slender wand and brush. The structure of the brush looks like Extracils, but with flatter edges (which I guess helps separate fine lashes like mine). A great everyday Mascara!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/3/2004 10:44:00 PM More reviews by bibliophile

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I think I wrote a good review of this product a while back, but my opinion has changed. I originally reviewed a smaller GWP size. Once I bought the full sized product, I had the same problem many others reported: after a week or two, this product gets very clumpy and dries out a bit. It no longer goes on like it once did. It also flakes after the "break in" period. I won't repurchase; at this high price, you really only get a good mascara for a short time.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/3/2004 11:30:00 AM More reviews by Journey03

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

Totally hated this mascara! It made my lashes dry and brittle and when I took it off at the end of the day, I lost about 10 of them! Total waste of money and I would not repurchase. If they use more silicone in their formula, maybe I will repurchase(wait, what am I saying? I won't! It totally sucked!)

rated 5 of 5 on 10/27/2004 3:12:00 PM More reviews by mommysteph

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is the ONLY mascara that doesn't smear under my eyes. Also goes on smoothly and not thickly. Your lashes, but fully defined and natural. The trick is to curl your lashes, then apply a thin coat so it locks in the curl. If you over-do it, you'll lose the curl.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/26/2004 11:08:00 PM More reviews by MargaretD

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Lancome has the WORST mascara spoolies ever! The spoolie is too narrow and short. Definicils always gives me insect leg lashes; plus, it flakes.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/22/2004 3:28:00 PM More reviews by gwyneth53

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've used this mascara for years. I know it's not the best out there, but I don't have the energy to look for a different brand because this one works well for me. It looks very natural. I've never had any problems with clumping or smearing during the day. It's more expensive than drugstore brands, but I gave those up long ago. There's so much makeup out there to try without having to worry about finding a new mascara!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/7/2004 4:51:00 PM More reviews by dmhg

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I agree with the reviewer below: this mascara gives a classic look. It's understated enough for day but works at night too if you want a more dramatic look. However, if you want a heavier mascara, you should try a different formula. Having said that, as a woman-in-her-40s, with not much time to switch around, who wants to look nice but not nessecarily theatrical, this mascara is perfect for me both day and night. I've been using it for 20 years, it's never clumped or irritated my sensitive, contact-lens-wearing eyes, does not run easily, but washes off with regular facial wash. I'm addicted to the navy color which works with both dark and light hair/complexions and seems to be a more stable formula than brown or black. If you want a versatile, convenient, high-quality mascara, this is it. Yes, it's terribly expensive compared to drugstore mascaras, but lasts a little longer and you will not have to buy eye makeup remover. I have tried all of Lancome's mascara formulas and have yet to find one like Definicils. I find that if I want a thicker lash, I can powder my lashes before applying mascara, or just apply a third or fourth coat. I hope they never stop making this formula, because it's just too perfect!

rated 3 of 5 on 10/5/2004 11:13:00 PM More reviews by soap_bubble

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I am on the fence with this mascara. On one hand, I find it is totally overrated because it gives the same exact look that some other drugstore mascara has given me in terms of definition, lengthening, and volume (and at a $21 price tag, too!). On the other hand, it is one of the few mascaras that has not made me look like a racoon by the end of the day. I think that I should try some highly rated drugstore mascaras, such as maybelline full and soft, l'oreal voluminous, MF 2000 calorie before making further judgement. But as it stands right now, I find it unreasonable to pay $21 for a mascara that is nothing revolutionary, which means I probably will not purchase this again.